Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK (31669 Views)

My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by ibinaboonline: 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Your implication is that those countries like the USA are so confident in their'light years' medical system that they don't bother been as cautious as we are. There's just no pleasing some people. After what you just read here, all you know is that you're not impressed. They're light years ahead of us and yet the disease is spreading and they have confirmed deaths from the disease. Watch the news, Americans are doing panic shopping stocking up on supplies so they can hole up at home in fear. A CostCo store was besieged by hoarders that the store was cleared out. The people who came in contact with the Italian are rounded up but you're not impressed. I'm not a fan of our government but I won't hesitate to give kudos where and when it's due.
Powersurge:

For a starter, I personally felt fed did not do enough in preventing the first case. It's not a crime if NIgeria successfully repel any case of ConViD-19.

Secondly, those countries' health systems are light years ahead of ours.

It makes sense for people to be apprehensive against a very leathal virus: of which an outbreak could lead to massive lost of lives (considering our level of technology).

Once again I am not impressed with the idea of allowing people from ConViD-19 infested countries to enter NIgeria by merely filling forms.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by goldmatrix(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
...but that not withstanding, the Italian nearly escaped being caught with the infection.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Jaqenhghar: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
IpobAntidote:

The purpose of the document is that should a passenger on that flight become I'll with coronavirus, they have a trail of information that can be used to contact all the passengers on that flight. Apart from collecting that pertinent information and checking body temperature, there's nothing else the govt can do as of this minute.
Yes they used the same methodology during the Ebola outbreak. I don't remember if we filled out forms back then but yes they did check for body temperature during the Ebola outbreak.
Let me answer your questiin. They filled out forms. Useless forms if you ask me. Like someone said here that anyone can put any information on those forms. Do you have the resources to verify such? Then it is a useless endeavour which is why even oyinbos wont waste time on such. Like I said we have mastered the art of appearing efficient with no tangible results
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by lexy2014: 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
tsephanyah:
Some mentally deranged people here shouting Nigeria is not prepared.
you are screened by a thermal imaging machine, which you may not notice. Coming back into Abuja, you are given a form to fill while still in the plane. The form collects your contact details, where you’ve been and your recent health status.

When you land, a health worker checks that you fully completed the form. If you didn’t, you are pulled aside and made to fill it. Once you pass the heath worker, there are signs asking whether you have been to China recently. Another health worker is watching the thermal images.

Another good one

At Immigration, all the Immigration, DSS and FAAN officials are all wearing face masks. There was nothing of such at Heathrow. At Dulles, an Immigration officer only asked me when last I visited China and took my finger prints. I was the one that asked for a hand sanitiser.

Those who think with their Hollywood infested brain read this..
London Underground trains where every sneeze is viewed suspiciously, I am encouraged by the efforts that @NCDCgov

God bless you Sir
God bless president Buhari
God bless Nigeria

How then did d Italian carry corona into d country?
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Trimque2k1:

You see we Nigerians, we talk too much negative things and vast majority are codedly PDP faithful so they tend to talk in favour of their party...

But how did d Italian enter with corona?
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by lexy2014: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
This is a patriot saying it as it is.

I know this observations will be bad news to some lots who have used previous threads to lambast The Federal Republic of Nigeria and the administration of His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Some people who have never even seen the painting of an Airport, how much more been to an airport or step foot on a different continent had the audacity and effrontery to lambast the FGN. They be judging Nigeria from what the watch in Hollywood movies.

Once again, Kudos to the patriot.

How did from succeed in bringing corona into Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IpobAntidote: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Let me answer your questiin. They filled out forms. Useless forms if you ask me. Like someone said here that anyone can put any information on those forms. Do you have the resources to verify such? Then it is a useless endeavour which is why even oyinbos wont waste time on such. Like I said we have mastered the art of appearing efficient with no tangible results

I totally disagree with your analysis. Everyone on the flight knows that this information is due to the coronavirus and they know that in case someone is eventually found to have the virus on that flight it is to their own advantage to be contacted hence everyone tried their best to provide as.much information as possible.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by SaintLucia: 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Guy, do u even listen to yourself. Ok, let’s give u the same option: If na true u dey talk make corona hate u but if na lie make all the viruses in this world locate you. Say a big Amiin. Now run along
Dr Joe Abah said he visited London, America and Nigeria airports and concluded that Nigeria airport is far better prepared than those he visited in terms of coronavirus preparation. A fool and enemy of Nigeria in you said the guy was lying that you passed through the same airport and that nothing like that exist.

I now said make corona hate u if na true u dey talk. And if na lie make all the virus in this world locate you but u are yet to agreed to my comment and instead u go around perambulating trying to change the story. Again may all the deadly virus in this world locate you if na lie u dey talk. Amin, Iseee, Aseeeeee.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IpobAntidote: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Actually bust is correct spelling. See below

Bust as in women's breast? No no no, yours will be burst with your upside thinking. Better change your ways or it will be burst for you.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by CanadaOrBust: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Bust as in women's breast? No no no, yours will be burst with your upside thinking. Better change your ways or it will be burst for you.

No, u wrong. In that particular expression (“... or bust”) it is spelt bust. Study that screenshot.

Nothing wrong with my thinking. It is just ridiculous comparing MMA with world-class airports. I’m a patriot but MMA is the most corrupt airport I know
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Jaqenhghar: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
IpobAntidote:

I totally disagree with your analysis. Everyone on the flight knows that this information is due to the coronavirus and they know that in case someone is eventually found to have the virus on that flight it is to their own advantage to be contacted hence everyone tried their best to provide as.much information as possible.
I am not asking you to agree or disagree. I am stating a fact here. Because you give me questionnaire, does that mean everything I put there is true? If it is not true, do you have the resources to verify it? Will you start tracing each passenger's movement to find out if he/she is lying? You say everyone knows...... what of the passenger has it and doesnt mind spreading it. Do you know if that virus is a biological weapon? You font even have the facts about the origins and you somehow assume that everyone infected will have good intentions. Haba make una dey reason like 21st century people nah.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IpobAntidote: 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I am not asking you to agree or disagree. I am stating a fact here. Because you give me questionnaire, does that mean everything I put there is true? If it is not true, do you have the resources to verify it? Will you start tracing each passenger's movement to find out if he/she is lying? You say everyone knows...... what of the passenger has it and doesnt mind spreading it. Do you know if that virus is a biological weapon? You font even have the facts about the origins and you somehow assume that everyone infected will have good intentions. Haba make una dey reason like 21st century people nah.

Mr I too know, pls state for us here what the govt should have done. Some just like to complain without having any real solution to a problem. Pls state in clear terms what and what should have been done or should be done going foward.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by CanadaOrBust: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
SaintLucia:
Dr Joe Abah said he visited London, America and Nigeria airports and concluded that Nigeria airport is far better prepared than those he visited in terms of coronavirus preparation. A fool and enemy of Nigeria in you said the guy was lying that you passed through the same airport and that nothing like that exist.

I now said make corona hate u if na true u dey talk. And if na lie make all the virus in this world locate you but u are yet to agreed to my comment and instead u go around perambulating trying to change the story. Again may all the deadly virus in this world locate you if na lie u dey talk. Amin, Iseee, Aseeeeee.

So I give u the same (return to sender, as it were): Anything you’ve said on Nairaland, If na true u dey talk make corona hate u but if na lie make all the viruses in this world locate you. Let me hear a big Amiin.

Like I said, I’m a patriot but MMA is the most corrupt airport I know. It is just ridiculous comparing MMA with world-class airports
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IpobAntidote: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

No, u wrong. In that particular expression (“... or bust”) it is spelt bust. Study that screenshot.

Nothing wrong with my thinking. It is just ridiculous comparing MMA with world-class airports. I’m a patriot but MMA is the most corrupt airport I know

Bust means women's breast size. Burst means to explode. I'm sure you don't mean Canada or breast. Hence the only logical conclusion is Canada or you go explode abi?
Obviously you haven't traveled wide and far to say that MMA is the most corrupt airport in the world. Go to latin America and some parts of Africa and see how officials will try to swindle you.
In fact, one officer tried to steal brand new cell phones from my carry on while going through Milan airport about 16 years ago when cell phone was still a novelty.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Jaqenhghar: 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Mr I too know, pls state for us here what the govt should have done. Some just like to complain without having any real solution to a problem. Pls state in clear terms what and what should have been done or should be done going foward.
Mr. I NO KNOW clearly filling questionnaires is a waste of time as I have explained but because you want to be Mr. I am right always you must argue against logic and common sense which makes you look like Mr. Olodo.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by CanadaOrBust: 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Bust means women's breast size. Burst means to explode. I'm sure you don't mean Canada or breast. Hence the only logical conclusion is Canada or you go explode abi?
Obviously you haven't traveled wide and far to say that MMA is the most corrupt airport in the world. Go to latin America and some parts of Africa and see how officials will try to swindle you.
In fact, one officer tried to steal brand new cell phones from my carry on while going through Milan airport about 16 years ago when cell phone was still a novelty.

U seem to have a problem with comprehension. Once again, that’s how it is spelt in that expression. See below.

I said MMA is the most corrupt airport I KNOW. Besides world-class airports, I’ve also been to Kenya, Ivory Coast, Togo, Morocco,

Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IsaacRocks(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
tsephanyah:
you are screened by a thermal imaging machine, which you may not notice. Coming back into Abuja, you are given a form to fill while still in the plane. The form collects your contact details, where you’ve been and your recent health status.

When you land, a health worker checks that you fully completed the form. If you didn’t, you are pulled aside and made to fill it. Once you pass the heath worker, there are signs asking whether you have been to China recently. Another health worker is watching the thermal images.

Another good one

At Immigration, all the Immigration, DSS and FAAN officials are all wearing face masks. There was nothing of such at Heathrow. At Dulles, an Immigration officer only asked me when last I visited China and took my finger prints. I was the one that asked for a hand sanitiser.

London Underground trains where every sneeze is viewed suspiciously, I am encouraged by the efforts that @NCDCgov

God bless you Sir
God bless Nigeria

You shouldn't have used insultive word
If you don't know you won't know
If not that this sensitization is been made who will know all this is been done
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by IpobAntidote: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Mr. I NO KNOW clearly filling questionnaires is a waste of time as I have explained but because you want to be Mr. I am right always you must argue against logic and common sense which makes you look like Mr. Olodo.

There's no hint of logic in your faulty argument, you also failed to provide a better alternative simply because there's none as of this minute.
How in the world will anyone with common sense say that providing contact information for emergency contact is a waste of time. Even before corona virus, whenever I'm flying in and out on Delta, they always ask for emergency contact just in case.
This is a situation whereby after landing in Nigeria, a passenger can develop full blown Corona virus symptoms many days later. In such situation, it is prudent on the govt to have up to date information of every passenger on that flight to contact them and have them quarantined to prevent them from further spreading the virus.
It seems to me that some just want to complain about everything that this govt does just for the sake of complaining. I don't even mind anyone complaining or finding fault in any govt program, but you better have better ideas than what they have or kindly STFU.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Okogopo: 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

The politicians aid Boko Haram. So that's impossible.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Okogopo: 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:

Another good one

God bless you Sir
God bless Nigeria

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by SaintLucia: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So I give u the same (return to sender, as it were): Anything you’ve said on Nairaland, If na true u dey talk make corona hate u but if na lie make all the viruses in this world locate you. Let me hear a big Amiin.

Like I said, I’m a patriot but MMA is the most corrupt airport I know. It is just ridiculous comparing MMA with world-class airports

Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Hezmatosky: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
johnmattew:
it's not everybody that are idle like u
Your senses is like ZeeWorld extraordinary everyday
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Okogopo: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:
This is a patriot saying it as it is.

I know this observations will be bad news to some lots who have used previous threads to lambast The Federal Republic of Nigeria and the administration of His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Some people who have never even seen the painting of an Airport, how much more been to an airport or step foot on a different continent had the audacity and effrontery to lambast the FGN. They be judging Nigeria from what the watch in Hollywood movies.

Once again, Kudos to the patriot.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by Manageme: 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
Thank God the know that na them go for first that is y the are making effort
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by bizhop01: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
tsephanyah:

Another good one

God bless you Sir
God bless Nigeria

Mr man check your blood pressure regular
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by spiritmasquerad(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Rabbitcartel:

You have ignorantly placed a curse on ur generation.. stupidy mark him territory ontop ur brain.
See people that are saying the virus is not in Nigeria placing powerless curse since you don't want it to affect you but want it on others it you it will hit first simply.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by CanadaOrBust: 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
SaintLucia:

Ok let’s agree on this: if what u wrote above is exactly what I said make corona hate u but if it is not exactly what I said make all the virus in this world locate you.
Agreed? Amiiin!!
Now run along
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by kolaaderin: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
See this one. Like it is not the same airport I know. If u r willing to part with some money, they will personally carry your bags and escort u like a vip, no matter how sick u r. The most corrupt airport I know, bar none
I disagree with this your comment, not in this kind of awareness and situation on Ebola and corona virus outbreak. No Nigerian will risk his or her life for such money.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by yeyeosoronga: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Well some of them - either they don’t know or they don’t care. During Ebola they will detain u for having temperature unless u give them money. It will be just another money-making avenue

Were you persoanlly detained during the ebola crises? Did you travel with a fever?
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by mechanics(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
We are not always serious.
Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by yeyeosoronga: 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
CrudeSon:
The worst set of people that tarnish their country is Nigeria, government this and that!!what have we done to help the government?

God bless Nigeria though our present government need to step up

My own is that all those wishing Nigeria is plagued by the Corona virus in order to score some cheap political points, may it start from them and their families, may it end on wiping them out .
May only their generations be obliterated by Babalù- Ayé.
Whether they are foreigners or indigenes, wishing that Africa, specifically Nigeria is plagued- their own tribulations have just started o, na their head dem go take carry their curses.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK by yeyeosoronga: 10:12pm On Mar 01, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

You are easily deceived and that is why 98% of our youths are stupid

On the contrary, you sound like the one easily deceived, with no ability for critical reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / 91 Begin Quarantine As More Returnees Take Land Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.