Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? (22012 Views)

Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West / Anthony Sani: Igbo Confusing 2023 Presidency With Restructuring / Kunle Togun: South-West Has Been Invaded By Foreign Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Racoon(m): 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
A former Director, Directorate of Military Intelligence, Col Kunle Togun (retd.), tells FEMI MAKINDE that the national leadership of the APC should explain to Nigerians why it has been difficult for the party to implement the report of its committee on restructuring. He also discusses the type of those he feels should be recruited into Operation Amotekun, among other issues

What is your view about the Western Nigeria Security Network known as Amotekun which was established by governors of the South-Western states?

I don’t see anything wrong in the Operation Amotekun.If the govt at the federal level cannot protect the people and the governors of various states in the South-West came up with such arrangement, I don’t think it is wrong. The governors are trying to establish the outfit to protect their people because that is even the most important aspect of governance. They have to secure the life and property of their people and that is what they are doing.

You have always lamented that the South-West has been invaded by marauding herdsmen.Do you think this will help in curbing the alleged invasion?

Amotekun project is a right step.I believe if this is set up, there will be laws guiding its operations.Those governors setting up the security outfit are also aware of this problem and I know that they want to curb insecurity in the region. So, they should tackle anything making the people in the region to live in fear. The security outfit, I believe, will protect Yoruba people and their investments, especially in the region.

There are claims that these herdsmen who you said have invaded every part of Yorubaland have motives behind this.What do you think is their motive for this?

I have said this many times ago.I said it when I delivered a lecture in 2014 in Lagos that the entire Yorubaland has been invaded by these herdsmen.It is not hearsay.There is no village in the whole of Yorubaland where these herdsmen are not. They are all over the place. I don’t want to say this is their motive, but they have invaded every part of Yorubaland.

You accused some Yoruba traditional rulers especially in Oke-Ogun of inviting herdsmen and giving land to them. Are you saying this new security outfit will put an end to this?

The people that established Amotekun know what to do to address this type of problem.

Are you saying they should hold talks with these traditional rulers or what?

They don’t need to talk to them. By the time the law establishing Amotekun comes out and the law states clearly what constitutes an infraction, anyone who violates any of this will be punished according to the law. Anybody that violates the law should be dealt with.

Do you suggest Amotekun corps should bear arms?

Those establishing this security outfit are knowledgeable people. They know what should be given to them to make them effective. Those in the North do similar things. They give guns to theirs and nothing happens. They have their own security people in the North and those people are armed. I think they have in Bauchi, Kaduna and some states. There is nothing wrong about that.

Are you saying there is nothing wrong if Amotekun corps should also bear arms?

There is nothing wrong if Amotekun corps also carry guns and I know that the governors know what to do to make them carry guns. They cannot use automatic guns but there are the types of weapons they can carry. They can carry the normal single-barrel guns but I don’t know which type of gun they want to give them the permission to carry.

I established a vigilante group in the year 2000. We knew what we did to get our local government council which we were serving to get the guns for the vigilante. But the Amotekun are supposed to be trained by the police if they are given guns to operate. The local government procured the guns for the vigilantes.

Should Amotekun corps be for Yoruba people alone or do you suggest that non-Yoruba people living in Yorubaland could be recruited into the security outfit?

Why should they recruit somebody who is not Yoruba into Amotekun? Will non-Yoruba people be loyal to Yoruba if they are brought into the outfit? Why should anybody suggest them? It will be counterproductive. It is just like when you want to protect your house, your inheritance and you go and invite outsiders to come and do that. Does that make sense? It is not that there are no enough Yoruba to do this job. There are more than enough able-bodied, competent and loyal Yoruba youth who can be recruited into the Amotekun corp. You cannot vouch for the loyalty of non-Yoruba no matter how long they have stayed here. I don’t support that at all.

What type of training do you thing the Amotekun corps especially those that will bear arm should undergo?

I don’t like wasting time. I know that those who established Amotekun know the kind of training that will be good for the corps and they know the type of work they want them to do.

Should they be profiled before they are recruited?

That is expected, but I should not be the one to tell them not to recruit criminals to come and do security job. They have people who are advising them and I am sure they know the right thing to do. They know that and they have criteria that those who they want to recruit must meet.

Some Boko Haram members who the Federal Government claimed had repented had been. Will this not compound the insecurity problem in the country?

Every Nigerian knows the answer to that question. Releasing ex-Boko Haram people and you say they will not compound the problem? You also know the answer to the question.

Your opinion on it is sought for people to know, especially the younger ones?

There is no younger person that does not know the answer to this question. Who does not understand the implication of that? No expert is needed to tell anybody the implication of freeing ex-Boko Haram members. Any child that is in secondary school should know the implication of this.

Do you believe that some of those freed former Boko Haram fighters are the ones giving information which the group is using to fight the military now?

Yes. The people who released them know why they released them. Common sense should have told them the implications of their action. I am sure their security advisers would also have told them.

But do you think they were released for political reasons or religious reasons?

I don’t know. What I know is that they were released and they know the implications of their action. Those who released them have a purpose for doing so and we have been shouting about that and there is no sense in repeating the same thing to those who would not listen. That is the problem. Those who released them have their reasons for doing so and they have security advisers. But do they listen to the advice of the experts? They released ex-terrorists and you want to tell me that they do not know what those ones are capable of doing?

Is it true that kidnapping is being encouraged by poor road network in the country?

No, poor road network is not the reason for criminals to kidnap.  Will you say the kidnapping done on Abuja-Kaduna road is being caused because of bad road? Is that road bad? Kidnappers are criminals and whether the roads are bad or good, they will operate. It is the responsibility of the government to stop kidnapping and other criminal activities because security of life and property is the number one duty of any responsible government. It is the responsibility of the government to ensure that the people in the areas where they govern are safe. That is why South-West governors came up with Amotekun.

But do you agree that to tackle the problem of insecurity, unemployment problem must be addressed?

Is it unemployment that is making people to go to farms and kill people there? Is it unemployment that make terrorists to kill people and come out to own up? Some of these people killing and kidnapping people are not even Nigerians.

They were invited to come to Nigeria. When people are invited to come and invade people’s land and inheritance, will you say unemployment is responsible for that? Those behind these things know what they are doing. Was there no unemployment during (former President Olusegun) Obasanjo’s time? Was there no unemployment during (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time? Can anyone say insecurity was this high when those two former presidents were in power?

I agree unemployment is one of the factors of insecurity, but the present situation in the country is not caused by unemployment. This is a planned thing and it is being executed. Therefore, it has nothing to do with unemploy- ment or bad road. Nigeria is not secured and everybody knows those who are behind it. Journalists should ask those who brought insecurity what their motive is.

Are you saying the present government is not doing enough to fight insecurity?

I don’t know. You know them. Go and ask them.

Are you in support of state police?

I don’t want to talk about that.

What of restructuring the country?

Those shouting restructuring know very well that the present government will not do anything about it.They won’t do anything about restructuring so those advocat-ing restructuring are just wasting their time.

Yes, they used it to campaign.Agitation for restructuring did not start today. It was there during the administration of Jonathan. If this government wants to fulfil its campaign promise on restructuring, we would have seen the signs that they are interested in restructuring. But this government is not ready for restructuring?

But don’t you think they will want to fulfil the promise because they used it to campaign and some people supported the All Progressives Congress because of this?

Nigerians  should ask (Asiwaju Bola) Tinubu. He is the leader of the APC.Ask him why he and his party are not fulfilling their campaign promise on restructuring.Go and meet him.

He is their leader and they all made the promise to restructure but it is not happening.He should give Yoruba people and other Nigerians the reason why they have refused to fulfil their promise.They made a promise they did not intend to keep.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-should-explain-why-buhari-apc-fooled-nigerians-with-restructuring-promise-col-togun/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by tsephanyah(f): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
We are grateful for your services for the nation Sir.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by successmatters(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
Political 419

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Abfinest007(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
tinubu and apc will use this same restructuring to campaign

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by allthingsgood: 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Restructuring is a term coined by political scammers and swallowed by fools

27 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Racoon(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
All promises cancelled(APC).

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by money121(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awon leader waa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
APC has scammed us and we already know. Tinubu is a lame duck and we already know too. Oshiomohle is even more popular in the apc than him.

Our amotekun would correct the security lapses of the federal government. Call it any name...regional outfit, south west outfit, we don't care. I'm so disappointed in the south eastern leaders the way they're playing with the lives of their people. Na only mouth dem get. They've never been united and that's why it seems they're lagging behind in all things. How can umahi of a governor say in RUGA they stand? The yeye program isn't implemented yet, fulanis are killing maiming their men and raping their women. He just talks uncontrollably or is it because of the 80% greek gift funding contribution by the federal government that's "sharking" him? Their leaders have been mortgaging the future of their people from time immemorial. Just last week, a young fulani herder was threatening to kill an igbo farmer just because the latter complained that his crops were damaged by the former's cows. The fulani boy said thunder paya( as in thunder fire) ya papa and mama...in igbo land Had he held a gun during the exchange of words, he wouldn't have hesitated to pull the trigger. Any doubting Thomas should just watch the link below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DIvAUBMb_Jno&ved=2ahUKEwjs_7375_nnAhUO1BoKHfNYBS0QjjgwAHoECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0gOg3WRgqZYVzxu5DeXfn1

And umahi once said their region was the safest yet, herders keep unleashing terror in their land. I travelled on same eastern road a few weeks back where we stopped midway because herdsmen were unleashing terror on the road. They kidnapped and took their victims into the bush. A whole vehicke filled with passengers were emptied. We had to stop for almost 30 minutes before hundreds of vehicles who were already on alert could hit the road to continue their journey. The armed mobile police sighted barely a km away from the scene couldn't near them. The earlier the igbo youths realise they don't have sincere leaders who could defend them, the better.

On amotekun we stand.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by 0m0nnakoda: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
tsephanyah:
Who is he? 95% of Nigerians don't know who he is. Irrelevant people making noise for the papers, so that they can print and stay relevant. The national leadership of the APC will not explain why the party will not implement the report of its committee on restructuring... Because you, the newspaper and does who read it av zero political advantage to the party. If you want something to keep body and soul together, just ask the relevant people because of your services to the nation they will help.
Must you talk?
If you are old enough you would know who he is.
Probably no Nigerian is more qualified to talk on security

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Racoon(m): 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
Who is he? 95% of Nigerians don't know who he is.Irrelevant people making noise for the papers....
[/s]
This is Col.Kunle Togun(Rtd) of the DMI during the inglorious Babangida era.The reason for your misguided outburst is perhaps you were not yet born or older during that time.

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Racoon(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Abfinest007:
Tinubu and the APC will still use this same restructuring to campaign
You're not wrong bro.The liars, scammers and fraudsters are pathologically shameless.

18 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Okogopo: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
Who is he? 95% of Nigerians don't know who he is. Irrelevant people making noise for the papers, so that they can print and stay relevant. The national leadership of the APC will not explain why the party will not implement the report of its committee on restructuring... Because you, the newspaper and does who read it av zero political advantage to the party. If you want something to keep body and soul together, just ask the relevant people because of your services to the nation they will help.
[/s]

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Herdsmen: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
You see why apc na party for fools and junkies..

Yahoo party..

Apc is the root of al scam and frauds in this country..
They’re evil.

.... so evil

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Babacele: 4:23am On Mar 02, 2020
Racoon:
[s][/s]
This is Col.Kunle Togun(Rtd) of the DMI during the famed Babangida era.The reason for your misguided outburst is perhaps you were not yet born or older during that time.
maybe Col Togun should be telling us about how Dele Giwa was assassinated... a bullsheet col Tog whose government unleashed the worst kind of deliberate inhuman treatment on Nigeria that SAPped our socio-economic lives, introduced 419 and a whole lot of mess which have widened the cracks in the nation should hide in shame and die quietly rather than disturbing us with his smelly ,rabid spits meant for foolish people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Guestlander: 5:14am On Mar 02, 2020
Who killed Dele Giwa?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by awujale231: 5:16am On Mar 02, 2020
I wonder if Tinubu and co would use restructuring to campaign in 2023 again

6 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by sapientia(m): 5:29am On Mar 02, 2020
Nnamdi KANU ran away with our restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by ChoCho54(f): 6:03am On Mar 02, 2020
fairfora:
APC has scammed us and we already know. Tinubu is a lame duck and we already know too. Oshiomohle is even more popular in the apc than him.

Our amotekun would correct the security lapses of the federal government. Call it any name...regional outfit, south west outfit, we don't care. I'm so disappointed in the south wastern leaders they way they're playing with the lives of their people. Na only mouth dem get. They've never been united and that's why it seems they're lagging behind in all things. How can umahi of a governor say in RUGA they stand? The yeye program isn't implemented yet, fulanis are killing maiming their men and raping their women. He just talks uncontrollably or is it because of the 80% greek gift funding contribution by the federal government that's "sharking" him? Their leaders have been mortgaging the future of their people from time immemorial. Just last week, a young fulani herder was threatening to kill an igbo farmer just because the latter complained that his crops were damaged by the former's cows. The fulani boy said thunder paya( as in thunder fire) ya papa and mama...in igbo land Had he held a gun during the exchange of words, he wouldn't have hesitated to pull the trigger. Any doubting Thomas should just watch the link below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DIvAUBMb_Jno&ved=2ahUKEwjs_7375_nnAhUO1BoKHfNYBS0QjjgwAHoECAEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0gOg3WRgqZYVzxu5DeXfn1

And umahi once said their region was the safest yet, herders keep unleashing terror in their land. I travelled on same eastern road a few weeks back where we stopped midway because herdsmen were unleashing terror on the road. They kidnapped and took their victims into the bush. A whole vehicke filled with passengers were emptied. We had to stop for almost 30 minutes before hundreds of vehicles who were already on alert could hit the road to continue their journey. The armed mobile police sighted barely a km away from the scene couldn't near them. The earlier the igbo youths realise they don't have sincere leaders who could defend them, the better.

On amotekun we stand.
In your ignonominy, Umahi has become a Yoruba when when you called the south wastes.

ITK that actually knows nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by ChoCho54(f): 6:08am On Mar 02, 2020
Guestlander:
Who killed Dele Giwa?
Na Baba. If you add Gida na you sabi.

7 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by joyandfaith: 6:19am On Mar 02, 2020
tsephanyah:

indomie generation will not know Col Toogun

19 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by seunmsg(m): 6:25am On Mar 02, 2020
Col. Tunde Togun should first explain to us how himself, Halilu Akilu and IBB killed Dele Giwa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by orisa37: 6:28am On Mar 02, 2020
TINUBU: BUHARI IS THE CAUSE OF MY PROBLEMS. HE HAS EVEN INFESTED ME WITH DEAFNESS AND MYOPIA.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by helinues: 6:31am On Mar 02, 2020
undecided undecided
Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Racoon(m): 6:54am On Mar 02, 2020
Babacele:
Maybe Col Togun should be telling us about how Dele Giwa was assassinated.A bullsheet Col.Togun whose govt unleash -ed the worst kind of deliberate inhuman treatment on Nigeria...
seunmsg:
Col. Tunde Togun should first explain to us how himself, Halilu Akilu and IBB killed Dele Giwa.
Yes that was true but have the present oppressive, repressive, supressive evil and satanic APC regime done better? Nope! It has simply done the worst.

8 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by anonimi: 7:07am On Mar 02, 2020
Babacele:
maybe Col Togun should be telling us about how Dele Giwa was assassinated... a bullsheet col Tog whose government unleashed the worst kind of deliberate inhuman treatment on Nigeria that SAPped socio-economic lives, introduced 419 and a whole lot of mess which have widened the cracks in the nation should hide in shame and die quietly rather than disturbing us with his smelly ,rabid spits meant for foolish people.

Did you just hear "the worst kind of deliberate inhuman treatment" without fully understanding the meaning of the phrase?

13 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by LamidiCownu: 7:10am On Mar 02, 2020
Salam Alykum to my newly found Igbo Muslim friends
Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Yebosola(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2020
I just laugh seeing indomie generation commenting on NL grin, Col.Tunde Togun of Babangida regime, now I agreed Nigerians has short memories,I reserve my comment,on his accusations of APC on restructuring, is he just waking up? Where are PDP in 16yrs? Can't they restructure? Oh ,who are APC? APC=PDP,PDP=APC. Nigerians will wake up one days,we should stop fooling ourselves over parties,they are d same sides of a coin.

8 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by NotBeenPaid: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2020

I wasn't fooled but they were!

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Babacele: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2020
anonimi:

Did you just hear "the worst kind of deliberate inhuman treatment" without fully understanding the meaning of the phrase?
absolutely I'm in control of my mind and head . Since you are not sensitive enough to grasp the clincher in the word ' SAPped' , then let me upgrade you.
Apart from these barons wasting Dele Giwa, if you understand that, they also wasted our socioeconomic lives when they introduced SAP - an economy strategy that made us fasted to save in order to gain more but was rather embezzled leading to all sorts of evil that gave birth to most of our present wahalas like 419, yahoo, gangsterism wrongly named as cultism, exam malpractices, etc..... leaving us SAPped even spiritually for stealing and lack of fellow feeling also increased especially when the evil regime devalued the naira! Nigerians started running away from the country for greener pastures as the naira had become useless......and when the whole nation came together in one voice to restructure the land ,irrespective of tribe and religion, in that June 12 elections, col Togun's government sabotaged the process and down the cliff we went from where we have been trying to come out. So dear, Col To gun should shut up.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Babacele: 9:23am On Mar 02, 2020
Racoon:

Yes that was true but have the present oppressive, repressive, supressive evil and satanic APC regime done better? Nope! It has simply done the worst.
shouldn't you be grateful to God that He brought PMB in 2015 or else would you have the freedom of mind and space to come online to express your opinions if those who couldn't managed $120/barrel proceeds ;who deliberately didnt control Bokoharam; neither give us electricity but fraudelent Discos ,nor diversified the economy; those who heartlessly sacrificed poor youths in that evil immigration job scam , or who encouraged thieves in public offices to steal ' well,well' because " stealing is not corruption" , or the thinking that stole defence budgets thereby encouraging insurgency ,etc had continued in government.

Think about the consequences of what we saw coming before kicking out your PDP disaster. Just think about that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by cRobo: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2020
cheesy
Re: Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? by Amotekun777: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2020
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Early Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Uyo / Makinde Wins Polling Unit, Wins In Adelabu’s Polling Unit / I Will Never Contest Elections Again - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.