Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? (4381 Views)

Deputies Lose Out As Governors Anoint Other Aspirants As Successors / APC Settles For Gbajabiamila As Governors, Senators-Elect Meet Buhari / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2020
Something terrible and disgraceful is happening in the South East and it seems like no one is noticing it.
Why are our 5 governors today, so lily-livered, self-centered and cowardly?

I am going to write all the shameful things these men are doing, but I am so ashamed that I would have to write some of them in Igbo language.

The areas I am going to touch include:

1. Their handling of security issues viz-a-viz their sabotage of Ogbunigwe and Amotekun.

2. Their slavish and cowardly acts.

3. Their active involvement in proscription of IPOB instead of leveraging it.

4. Why Ohanaeze and all other Igbo pressure groups must call these journey men to order now.

5. Why Ihedioha was robbed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2020
1. Their handling of security issues viz-a-viz their sabotage of Ogbunigwe and Amotekun:

Have you noticed how our so called governors are falling over themselves on who would lick the juicest part Buhari's smelly arss? I mean, this men are going the extra mile just to show and prove to Buhari that they are willing to do everything he wants regardless of what their people are saying! To make matters worse, 3 of them are in PDP, 1 in APGA while the last one that is in APC, is a puppet foisted on us.

When I heard that our so called governors have called an emergency meeting in Enugu, to discuss issues bothering on security (that was after the SW called for Amotekun), I became excited that finally, our governors are going to emerge from the meeting, spitting fire and brimstone. But Alas, when their conclusion was released, I was utterly flabbergasted and ashamed that these men are the ones governing Igboland.

No single sentence was complete without the mention of Buhari, IG of police, constitution bla bla bla.

What I saw in that release was a few men who are desperate to show solidarity with Buhari while the feelings of the Igbo nation was not even considered at all.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2020
2. Their slavish and cowardly acts:

A couple of years ago, a community in Enugu was attacked by herdsmen, and scores were killed. The governor of the state, on arrival at the scene of the massacre, started crying helplessly like a baby! As if that was not enough, he asked everyone to commence on praying and fasting!! A few days later, he took a flight to Abuja and was seen laughing and chatting airily with buhari!!!

At that point in time, the people were down and frustrated, and needed the governor to identify with them by showing strength but all he could do was to cry in their midst. Now contrast that with what Okowa did in Delta when a community was attacked or what Fayose did in Ekiti during his time as governor.

No state in the SE has been spared of herdsmen killings and destruction, yet non of our governors have taken any concrete action.

Biko, k'am jukwaa, anyi o bu ohu n'Naijiria?
Gini mere na ndi anyi kporo ndi ndu n'eme ka ndi eriri??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2020
3. Their active involvement in the proscription of IPOB instead of leveraging it:

I am yet to understand why a peaceful pressure group would be called terrorists and proscribed while herdsmen that have been termed as the world's 4th most deadly terror group are not only protected by the state, but are even encouraged.

IPOB became popular in the East because the group led by Nnamdi Kanu has studied Nigeria and saw the extent of injustice going on especially against the Igbos and other Southerners, and became audacious in their challenge against the state. Suffice it to add that Nnamdi Kanu took a huge risk by putting his life on the line. He knew could be assassinated at any moment but he remained passionate and resolute in the face of these dangers in challenging the evil status quo. At a point, the caliphate and Fulani rulers of Nigeria became afraid. They did all manner of things to stop Nnamdi Kanu including the use of lies, propaganda, threats, arrests etc but Nnamdi Kanu continued rallying millions on his side. All his rallies in the cities and towns of South East and South South always grinds them to a standstill. Even people in Southern Kaduna, middle belt and others saw that Kanu was on the side of truth and began to identify with him, as well as sections of the international community and press. Then lo and behold, the same cowardly governors who have always been our weak point were pressurized by the Fulani rulers of Nigeria, and just like Judas, they sold out Nnamdi Kanu.

If only these so called governors are bold, selfless and courageous, they would have seen the bigger picture and at least use that momentum to get some concessions from the federal government, but they couldn't and ultimately lost that opportunity.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by helinues: 7:19am On Mar 02, 2020
grin

Op must be a Yoruba Muslim. What's your own with SE Governors? Are we complaining to you?

How do you expect us to question them when we are yet to question Governors from other regions.

Development of other regions first before SE.

That's how Chukwu Odimadike wants it and so shall it be. Iseeeeee

Afonja!!! Leave us alone

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:19am On Mar 02, 2020
4. Why Ohanaeze and other Igbo pressure groups must call these journey men to order:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Nigeria at this point in time is at a critical crossroad. This is a period when Boko Haram terrorists are being flown in military jets, housed and fed, and are being promised all manner of goodies including scorlaship abroad and grants while soldiers that have been sent to fight them as well as citizens whose fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters were killed in the most gruesome way are abandoned in the forests and IDP camps!!

This is a period when herdsmen can walk into any farm, destroy crops with their cattle and when the poor farmers confront them, they are immediately hacked to death! Thousands of poor farmers have died in this way yet not even a single herdsmen has been prosecuted and jailed or hanged for committing these attrocities! In the United States for instance, a farmer or property owner has the right to shoot you when you tresspass into their property and damage things. But in Nigeria, land owners are warned by the government to surrender their ancestral lands to Invaders so they can live!!

In recent times, Ohanaeze has started talking tough which is good in an animal farm like Nigeria. However, they must mount serious pressure on these governors, alongside other pressure groups.

It is no longer in doubt that government of the day is of the Fulani, by the Fulani and for the Fulani. To these guys, every other ethnic group can go to hell and rot there once Fulani interests are protected and catered for.

Anyi but ndi Igbo ekwesighi ino n'nmiri, ncha aba anyi n'anya. Ka anyi werekwa ehihie chuwa ewu oji tupu chi ejighide anyi.

N'emeriri anyi n'ogu Biafra abughi ihe kpatara aga eji n'eme anyi ka anyi but ohu.

Biko, unu legodu anya, ochichi Buhari kpochara anyone asi n'uzo d'ichi iche. Onweghi onye Igbo obula no na isi oche ndi ochi agha. N'agbanyeghi nkpari n'ile Buhari n'apkari anyi, ndi ndu steeti South East anorokwa n'elu ya n'arasi ya Ike!

These governors are the new warrant chiefs and they should be treated the same way we treated those of old.

Would Buhari seize their allocation if they challenge his maladministration? Did they make any bargain with him?? Why are they falling over themselves to impress him

What happened to Orji Uzor after all his arss-licking should have at least made them wary and stand with their people.

The general consensus in Igboland today, I mean 100% is that there is no room for Fulani herdsmen in the SE and for farmers to be protected. So, why are they dancing to the tune of Buhari while ignoring the needs of those they are leading??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Biafrarep(m): 7:20am On Mar 02, 2020
5. Why Ihedioha was robbed:
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by trueconscience(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2020
Hmmn...You call them cowards for being wiser and having dissenting views about a country in which they have sworn to obey it's Constitution?

It's ok.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by MahatmaGhandi: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2020
You must all come together and reject them as your governors and also proscribe them. They should all go to Abuja and never return to your home land.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Afamed: 7:27am On Mar 02, 2020
Confused Biafran
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2020
Biafrarep:
Something terrible and disgraceful is happening in the South East and it seems like no one is noticing it.
Why are our 5 governors today, so lily-livered, self-centered and cowardly?

I am going to write all the shameful things these men are doing, but I am so ashamed that I would have to write some of them in Igbo language.

The areas I am going to touch include:

1. Their handling of security issues viz-a-viz their sabotage of Ogbunigwe and Amotekun.

2. Their slavish and cowardly acts.

3. Their active involvement in proscription of IPOB instead of leveraging it.

4. Why Ohanaeze and all other Igbo pressure groups must call these journey men to order now.

5. Why Ihedioha was robbed.

Maybe your state governor is useless but Obiano is not.

Right from ages we are against any useless ogbunigwe or any trash like that.

Community policing/vigilante is okay.

The idea started from obi to Obiano and it is working fine.

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 02, 2020
Biafrarep:
3. Their active involvement in the proscription of IPOB instead of leveraging it:

Ipob needs to be proscribed again and again and kanu arrested, gagged in chains.

He is visionless and always talking trash.

5 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 02, 2020
Biafrarep:
You see the reason why we insist kanu has brainwashed you guys

Was it SE governors that elected Ihedioha?
What is their business with Ihedioha losing in court?
Is Hope not an igbo man?
Go and sleep.

8 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nuzo1(m): 7:35am On Mar 02, 2020
Except Abaribe, most Igbo politicians from the times of Iwuanyanwu and Nzeribe are opportunists who grab power for their selfish interests. And in order to maintain those political powers; they feel it's best to worship whoever is the head of central government.

Orji Kalu would have been more powerful than Tinubu today as even Kalu had more political command and foundation as far back as 1999. Both were very greedy men but the difference was that in Tinubu greediness, he persevered and didn't cede his territory for momentary gratification. Check out their situations today.

As for the current Igbo politicians especially the governors; they are ceding their rights and territory like Orji Kalu did just for 2023.

Such greed usually fails.

I salute Yoruba politicians because even in their shortcomings, they hardly loose focus of serving the general interests of their people. No matter how sectional and ulterior the motives are.

11 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 02, 2020
All kanu and his miscreants that doesn't know their left from their right should stop creating stupid thread after gossiping in a kai Kai bar.

Ndi ala

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by helinues: 7:37am On Mar 02, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Maybe your state governor us useless but Obiano is not.

Right from ages we are against any useless ogbunigwe or any trash like that.

Community policing/vigilante is okay.

The idea started from obi to Obiano and it is working fine.

Same Obiano you might still abuse before today runs out.

Even confusionist dey bow for your level of confusion

9 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 02, 2020
Nuzo1:
Except Abaribe, most Igbo politicians from the times of Iwuanyanwu and Nzeribe are opportunists who grab power for their selfish interests. And in order to maintain those political powers; they feel it's best to worship whoever is the head of central government.

Orji Kalu would have been more powerful than Tinubu today as even Kalu had more political command and foundation as far back as 1999. Both were very greedy men but the difference was that in Tinubu greediness, he persevered and didn't cede his territory for momentary gratification. Check out their situations today.

As for the current Igbo politicians especially the governors; they are ceding their rights and territory like Orji Kalu did just for 2023.

I salute Yoruba politicians because even in their shortcomings, they hardly loose focus of serving the general interests of their people. No matter how sectional and ulterior the motives are.

Oga blame your state governor, senators and representatives.

Senators from other states are not the problems of misfortune in your state.

SE is a political zone not a state.
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 02, 2020
helinues:

Same Obiano you might still abuse before today runs out.

Even confusionist dey bow for your level of confusion

I will abuse him when he is going wrong. I will criticise when he is wrong...that's how it should be.

Not like you guys wey dey dobale for someone who is a failure on issues of governance.
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by helinues: 7:45am On Mar 02, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I will abuse him when he is going wrong. I will criticise when he is wrong...that's how it should be.

Not like you guys wey dey dobale for someone who is a failure on issues of governance.

Be like you don see your menses.. In high spirit to fire on Monday morning.

All the best buddy..
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Born2Breed(f): 7:46am On Mar 02, 2020
Lol. Igbo leaders are the problem of south east.

Greedy bunch. A typical Igbo will fight for his pocket first before anything else.
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 02, 2020
helinues:

Be like you don see your menses.. In high spirit to fire on Monday morning.
All the best buddy..
Hold your Governor accountable.
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by ZombieHUNT: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2020
These are the worst set of governors since the return of democracy in the East..

Ugwuanyi takes the crown.. How can I forget Umahi....

South East is cursed with this set of useless governors

4 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Okoroawusa: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2020
Nuzo1:

Hahahahaha!
Did you say Abaribe? Abaribe is a political opportunist like his brother Nnamdi Kanu using the current political situation to make pleasant statements that will gladden your heart while not lifting a finger to advance the course of the igbos. Talk... talk...n more talk. Like Abaribe like Nnamdi Kanu.
Ndi ara nabu!!
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by ZombieHUNT: 7:51am On Mar 02, 2020
MelesZenawi:
All kanu and his miscreants that doesn't know their left from their right should stop creating stupid thread after gossiping in a kai Kai bar.

Ndi ala

Shut Up there
Zombies everywhere

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 02, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Shut Up there Zombies everywhere
One of them spotted.
Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 02, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
These are the worst set of governors since the return of democracy in the East..

Ugwuanyi takes the crown.. How can I forget Umahi....

South East is cursed with this set of useless governors

Address the problems of your state GOVERNOR and stop using SE a an excuse for no performance in your state.

Every state is an independent unit and nobody fate is tied to another.

SE SE SE....pls go and hold the leaders in your state accountable.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Okogopo: 8:06am On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
Afamed:
Confused Biafran
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2020
What about their support for RUGA as championed by umahi all because of the greek gift of 80% contribution by the FG? These people are jokers grin. They would soon take over their land and displace them permanently.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by irynterri(f): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2020
U are 100% right. I dont know who cursed us with this kind of leaders without drive. We accuse buhari of nepotism but atleast buhari loves islam and the north biko whose interests do our leaders love to protect, is it Christianity? Mba, is it igbo tradition mba? Is it to bring real development not audio industries? No, even the pdp sef they are only there during the day but in apc at night.the only thing they care about is stealing money to share to their light skinned girlfriends and actresses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by johnmartus(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2020
I'm really ashamed of being an igbo man. We are mischievous and unrepentant liar finally ungrateful.
We will not complain against misrule of our own leaders but southwest and northern is our major target.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Igbos End Up With These 5 COWARDS As Governors? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 02, 2020
Biafrarep:
Yes...and makinde of oyo state refused to be robbed. You can imagine apc besieging his house on the eve of election to kidnap him. All thanks to the dogged spirits of the boys in the neighbourhood who whisked makinde away through the fence. The rest would have been history by now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Set To Implement Public Complaints And Anti-Corruption Commission Law / Peter Obi Looking Dashing In Ankara / Lesson From Tinubu's Failed Trip To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.