Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages (36453 Views)

Insecurity: We'll Shut Illegal Parks, Pull Down Uncompleted Buildings - Wike / Court Sacks Oluomo-led Parks, Garages Committee, Reinstates RTEAN / MC Oluomo Introduces Barcodes In Parks, Garages To Stop Crime, Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by kittykollinxx(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
sad
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by SavageResponse(m): 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Handsome13:
High Eye service has become the other order of the day. Why the announcement?

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
There is a need to keep people in the rural area.
In China they have always had such laws and we need to learn from their experiences as our population is moving in that direction.
There is need to invest in the rural areas

2 Likes

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by nextstep(m): 7:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
Livelyhoods destroyed. That's the hallmark of government these days.
If you no get money (for Lagos), hide your face. Or to use Oshiomole's words: "Goan die!" Very anyhow government and officials.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by wellmax(m): 7:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:
mY PROBLEM with most of these things our Government do is that.....They don't provide alternatives to those poor people....They don't give them enough time...No single human face to their approach..they always carry out this thing as if the masses are their enemy..

In developed nations Government exist to help and work for the betterment of the people and society....

Here Government especially this APCSHIT works to punish the people..There are always looking for more ways to punish and further compound the sufferings of the ordinary man in the street....

Tomorrow, someone will build a kiosk on third mainland bridge, when government dislodges him, you wil shout 'where is the alternative'.

Let's learn to do things right in this country and stop taking government for granted.

Many people do things that only favour Thier businesses or individual livelihood without considering the comfort of others.

4 Likes

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
Grgton:
poor people you call it?? R there No poor people in developed con3s?? they should go find a shop. they shouldn't be making our roads, street , look as if there's no govt.. not all road traders are poor. at least they should get a shop, sell in a conducive environmental....

Get the underlying points of my message....Every enforcement by our Government is not just to enforce the law but always about looking for ways to take advantage of those in the ways of those laws....

They don't correct anything....weeks from today another set will spring up around those areas
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by wellmax(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
Handsome13:
High service has become the other of the day. Why the announcement?

Hello , go and read more for JAMB common entrance.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mowoe:

Politics aside, those people and things should not be there in the first place. We've gotten accustomed to many wrong things that we develop certain sentiments towards them.
Like I said earlier, POLITICS ASIDE.

At least you got my message.,..but I'm worried about this current Lagos Government....only God knows what more hardship they have in store for ordinary Lagosians
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
nextstep:
Livelyhoods destroyed. That's the hallmark of government these days.
If you no get money (for Lagos), hide your face. Or to use Oshiomole's words: "Goan die!"

Lagos is not for poor people except those working for the rich e.g driver and cook otherwise go and grow rice in Gusau

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

At least you got my message.,..but I'm worried about this current Lagos Government....only God knows what more hardship they have in store for ordinary Lagosians

That is the nub

WHO IS A LAGOSIAN?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Malawian(m): 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
Na evil forest remain to send some people go. Afterall, Evil forest na still part of Lagos.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Lagos state is one of 36 states and the smallest one.

The whole country cannot migrate to Lagos.

Lagos state government cannot accept responsibility to cater for all the destitutes in the country.

It cannot be argued that arriving in Lagos from Aba or Gusau today means immediate entitlement to be catered for by existing taxpayers.
Where is the money to pay for these "alternatives" going to come from?
Would you be willing to pay an "ALTERNATIVE TAX"?
Should government Tax the existing population to encourage further migration ?

The country has collectively rejected a special status for Lagos and must face the consequences

Why don't they tolerate this rubbish in Abuja?

What is good or bad fo Abuja is good or bad for Lagos

My view is Lagos should be for indigenes and people who have the means to look after themselves and pay tax,not destitutes

If this is the way people in power reason towards its citizens ....then Only God can save us...

Moreover your message is laced with tribal and other ungodly sentiments which I'm not interested in bothering myself with...

My message is clear.... Government anywhere is free to enforce laws but they must do it right...nothing more , nothing less

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Mowoe(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

I understand perfectly. I live in Lagos too and I'm one of those persons these policies affect every single day. I just hope most of the policies are not politically motivated.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
wellmax:

Tomorrow, someone will build a kiosk on third mainland bridge, when government dislodges him, you wil shout 'where is the alternative'.

Let's learn to do things right in this country and stop taking government for granted.

Many people do things that only favour Thier businesses or individual livelihood without considering the comfort of others.

And who do you blame for this? The citizens or the government?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
olaolulazio:
It's good they cleaned the place up...

What is the government doing to help the masses?

Most of these people are people who left their states of origin to come and pollute lagos. Ask their state governments to provide them jobs where they are coming from so they dont become nuisances disturbing the environment in Lagos.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 2rands2naira: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
GREEN LAND
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by omoiyalayi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
I don't get, how does cleaning of gutter ease traffic congestion ?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

If this is the way people in power reason towards its citizens ....then Only God can save us...

Moreover your message is laced with tribal and other ungodly sentiments which I'm not interested in bothering myself with...

My message is clear.... Government anywhere is free to enforce laws but they must do it right...nothing more , nothing less
You are free to project whatever you like.

The truth is that the people of Lagos are CHOKING.
THE FG abandoned the state since 1991 with massive investment in Abuja.
If you were around when Lagos was the capital it was not this crowded.

what is happening now is after Tinubu and Fashola transformed the state the whole country is trooping there.

It is not sustainable.

A large part of it is structural but there is mismanagement at the Fg and state level elsewhere.

Lagos is TOO Small and people who are indigenes are unhappy.

Why can't they go to Abuja?

4 Likes

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
omoiyalayi:

erecting illegal shops by the road (gutter) encourages cars to stop to patronise them, blocking traffic flow. most of the places the shops are erected are actually designed as public walkways thereby pushing foot traffic onto the roads meant for cars

2 Likes

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
isthatso:

Most of these people are people who left their states of origin to come and pollute lagos. Ask their state governments to provide them jobs where they are coming from so they dont become nuisances disturbing the environment in Lagos.

I think the government needs to clamp down on overcrowding in residential areas with firm legislation and penalties on landlords.

People need to learn if you are poor ,uneducated and unskilled the stay away from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
Many of these folk have no business in the urban area.

They have no skills,breed like rabbits and produce children who are liabilities to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Ajibel(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
omoiyalayi:

Someone seriously asked this question? shocked
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by geosegun(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:
mY PROBLEM with most of these things our Government do is that.....They don't provide alternatives to those poor people....They don't give them enough time...No single human face to their approach..they always carry out this thing as if the masses are their enemy..

In developed nations Government exist to help and work for the betterment of the people and society....

Here Government especially this APCSHIT works to punish the people..There are always looking for more ways to punish and further compound the sufferings of the ordinary man in the street....

You people just comment anyhow.

Was it the state government that gave them that place originally? People do know that those illegal places' were not meant for such activities - that their staying in those places were temporarily - how do I know? because I have also passed through similar experiences.

I wonder why you would want government to provide alternative to such places that she never gave out initially? If Government provide alternatives then they are inviting anarchy as anybody can go find another place on the street or under the bridge and be expecting same treatment.

Please let us try be sane for once in this country. Such emotional ranting is uncalled for...

3 Likes

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by paveinc(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Pls they should come to lagos island ,idumota precisely, their service is needed asap...
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Tapout(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

oga obalande has a parking lot. The task force is only getting rid of "illegal" parking lots along side other illegal structures. Have u been to obalande at all?? That place is in a mess. Traders have converted the pedestrian walk ways to shops. As a pedestrian you now have to be struggling with vehicles for right of way. Do citizens in the developed countries your talking about behave the way we do here?? We are the ones wreaking this country with our lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

I think the government needs to clamp down on overcrowding in residential areas with firm legislation and penalties on landlords.

People need to learn if you are poor ,uneducated and unskilled the stay away from Lagos

When you say government, which government? People should call their governors in their states to order. failure of these governors is what causes people to migrate to lagos. lagos cannot give everybody a job and it is not the job of lagos state to provide what other governors have failed to provide in their states.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by NiCurious: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
geosegun:

You people just comment anyhow.

Was it the state government that gave them that place originally? People do know that those illegal places' were not meant for such activities - that their staying in those places were temporarily - how do I know? because I have also passed through similar experiences.

I wonder why you would want government to provide alternative to such places that she never gave out initially? If Government provide alternatives then they are inviting anarchy as anybody can go find another place on the street or under the bridge and be expecting same treatment.

Please let us try be sane for once in this country. Such emotional ranting is uncalled for...

I believe that the person you are quoting had meant: that there should be a plan in place BEFORE people start taking over space under bridges, so that it doesn't become a reward-for-misbehaviour system. Policy alternatives. Whether that's building a wall around Lagos state with guards at checkpoints to keep every non-Lagosian without a permit out, or putting aside land to set up model villages for a set number of these people who were trying to make a life under bridges, finding and developing their skills, and creating a new business community...or anything in between...but to have a plan in place and implement it, so LASTMA is not dealing with the same issue every few weeks, without addressing the root cause.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
isthatso:

When you say government, which government? People should call their governors in their states to order. failure of these governors is what causes people to migrate to lagos. lagos cannot give everybody a job and it is not the job of lagos state to provide what other governors have failed to provide in their states.
We are on the same page.

I already made that point.

The statement you quoted(did you read it?) SPECIFICALLY refers to Lagos state government
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by valarmorghulis: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

Provide alternative for illegal occupant?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Provide alternative for illegal occupant?

At whose expense?

Lagos operates on Tax?
As a taxpayer is that why you pay tax?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Westernlove: 8:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
Going round In circles as always. Always putting the cart before the horse. Instead of educating the citizens and Improving their standard of living, They keep doing rubbish. If you like build Nigeria and Lagos like Paris without doing the needful. Na Shit & Refuse them go dey use scatter the Infrastructure always.

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by free2ryhme: 8:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

How many poor American have you seen selling by the road side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Govenor Wike Hands Over 16 SUVs To National Assembly Members (Photos) / Prosecute Soldiers Involved In Lekki Shootings, Reps Tell Buhari / "Buhari Is Not The Leader Of The APC, We Have Many Leaders - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.