Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:39 AM

Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June (43012 Views)

Nemanja Matic Signs New Contract With Man Utd Until June 2023 / Samir Nasri Banned From Football Over Intravenous Drip Treatment / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On His 35th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Minemrys: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2020
Microwhy:
I stopped watching football long ago.. I naturally ask questions and also question why.. I know football can never be clean as many football fan thinks.. The millions paid to players are never from gate fee or promos. Football and footballing is a cult on its own.
then how c0me, playerz fight on the pitch? How c0me they get injured?
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Minemrys: 9:31am On Mar 03, 2020
Martinez39s:
Shut up! There was no fixing. Watford outplayed you guys. Learn to humbly eat and digest your L properly. grin grin
outplayed in what sense exactly? N0t saying it was fixed or it wasn't, but b4 u say a team was outplayed, look at the possessi0n percentage. Watford were determined in areas we weren't. N0thing like outplayed. Hear what u are saying, watford outplay a whole Liverpool? No vex me oh.
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Minemrys: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2020
quickly:

The money from football is from cable and satellite tv money.

For epl, they get paid millions from Nigeria alone from dstv. Not to talk of America’s, Middle East and Asia where the money is

The operate on a PPV, the English league is televised in over hundred of countries and if u have cable satellite you have paid gate fee.

Just like boxing
add to it sp0nsorships, transfer m0ney, jersey sales, pre seas0n tours etc. Although, there are games that are fixed i.e we heard of Alex fergie fixing a game for a rolex or putting up a weak man u team against a team battling relegati0n just to help the team avoid it and d0om his rival coach's team to the relegati0n spot. There are matches that are fixed. But n0t all.
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
femi4:
Selfish Sturridge...kiss the remnant of your career good bye

did he withhold any money from you? Is he feeding you or how does his life affect you? Carry another man matter for head, too personal
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by JetStar: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2020
kerzhim:
And somebody will come here talking gibberish. "Dem no dey fix match, dem no dey fix match"
My money can never go into sport bet again lai lai!

hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa......

guy you are very funny. Na sombody tell u say make you go bet? You nor know say betting na evil bussinesses promoted by corrupt businessmen? I used to be a gambler before, but I got delivered from it when I foundd a better work.
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 03, 2020
quickly:

The money from football is from cable and satellite tv money.

For epl, they get paid millions from Nigeria alone from dstv. Not to talk of America’s, Middle East and Asia where the money is

The operate on a PPV, the English league is televised in over hundred of countries and if u have cable satellite you have paid gate fee.

Just like boxing

Plus sponsorship deals
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Minemrys: 10:03am On Mar 03, 2020
RighteousI:
So you guys believe that Liverpool's miraculous come back against Barcelona in the champions League last season. You must be a goat to believe that it was not fixed.
Fixing a football match is simple, just tell the strikers not to score, tell them to play weak shot to the goalkeeper even if they are one on one with the goal keeper. Then tell the defenders not to jump high enough to defend aerial balls. And that was what Barcelona did against Liverpool in the second leg. Messi and Suarez had several one on ones with the Liverpool goalkeeper but they kept passing the ball to him instead of firing hot shot to the ceiling of the net. Also the Barcelona defender deliberately did not mark wijnaldum enough which made him to score that header.

What of yakubu aiyegbeni and sani kaita in the 2010 world cup? Do you believe that sani kaita's red card was an accident? Or do believe that even your grandmother will not have scored that yakubu miss against South Korea.
Yakubu deliberately miss that chance, was it not easier to score than to miss. That's fixing for you.

Now that's just football which is not even a mafia sport, don't let me get into boxing which is a mafia and gangster sport.

oga, when u talk abt fixed match, dnt menti0n that Liverpool vs Barca, okay? Oh, then let's agree all barca games including the one against R0ma was fixed or the one against man u. Or u think messi ann0uncing at camp n0u that the Ucl was c0ming to camp n0u last seas0n was all stage work? Or him begging his team mates in the dressing r0om n0t to mess that return leg up was all an act. Talk abt the em0ti0nal celebrati0ns. If the return leg was fixed, then u should also say the 1st leg was fixed c0nsidering Liverpool had chances to sc0re via mane, salah, and milner but they didn't. What are u insinuating? U think Liverpool is inferior to barca or what? Here's the catch, Liverpool has never lost to barcel0na in a 2 legged fixture and even in a friendly. Liverpool are the one english team to beat barcel0na at camp n0u when barca was barca with them r0naldinho. And Anfield is a dreaded place during european tournaments. M0urinho said it, wenger said it. It's a kn0wn fact. Go0gle it. Even b4 the advent of sp0rt betting c0mpanies, Anfield has overturned results for Liverpool. Check how they played in both matches, Liverpool outplayed barca.
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by sylve11: 10:11am On Mar 03, 2020
kerzhim:
And somebody will come here talking gibberish. "Dem no dey fix match, dem no dey fix match"
My money can never go into sport bet again lai lai!

Turkey na the home of match fixing. cool
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by nwakgr8: 10:59am On Mar 03, 2020
Why u mumu like this Sturbridge? Can't you bet with cryptocurrency and save yourself from this embarrassing moment.?
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Iceberg3: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2020
Buhari sef angry

grin
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Timoleon(m): 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
You seem to be very intelligent on this topic. There’s this question that’s been bothering me since I was a child. I played street soccer as a kid. Just ‘sets’ mostly and almost every Saturday morning, we see a seemingly good player miss that Yakubu like chance. No money involved. Please explain why they missed and why yakubu’s was special.
RighteousI:
So you guys believe that Liverpool's miraculous come back against Barcelona in the champions League last season. You must be a goat to believe that it was not fixed.
Fixing a football match is simple, just tell the strikers not to score, tell them to play weak shot to the goalkeeper even if they are one on one with the goal keeper. Then tell the defenders not to jump high enough to defend aerial balls. And that was what Barcelona did against Liverpool in the second leg. Messi and Suarez had several one on ones with the Liverpool goalkeeper but they kept passing the ball to him instead of firing hot shot to the ceiling of the net. Also the Barcelona defender deliberately did not mark wijnaldum enough which made him to score that header.

What of yakubu aiyegbeni and sani kaita in the 2010 world cup? Do you believe that sani kaita's red card was an accident? Or do believe that even your grandmother will not have scored that yakubu miss against South Korea.
Yakubu deliberately miss that chance, was it not easier to score than to miss. That's fixing for you.

Now that's just football which is not even a mafia sport, don't let me get into boxing which is a mafia and gangster sport.

Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by quickly: 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
Timoleon:
You seem to be very intelligent on this topic. There’s this question that’s been bothering me since I was a child. I played street soccer as a kid. Just ‘sets’ mostly and almost every Saturday morning, we see a seemingly good player miss that Yakubu like chance. No money involved. Please explain why they missed and why yakubu’s was special.

Don’t mind them the criminal minded will see everything with criminal eyes.

If you played soccer on an amateur level you know very well that a team with less talented players can win a talented team.

That’s y they say football is not mathematics.

A David can beat a giant Goliath

Watford won due to luck and it happens.

Oyinbos have a lot more incorrigible and ethical ppl compared to Nigeria. If they find betting is manipulating football scores.

Bbc or some criminal investigator would have uncovered it and they can ban / stop football betting because it is eating of football.

What is going on now is a scam by some lowlife.

Some times are guesses.

Liverpool beat Barcelona-simple. Barcelona one of the richest clubs in the world.
They will
Not be cheated by some match fixing.
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Timoleon(m): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2020
I wonder how much they’d have paid Barcelona to throw away a chance at making history and instead going into history for the wrong reason(going out of the competition twice, in successive years despite having a 3 goal lead)
quickly:

Don’t mind them the criminal minded will see everything with criminal eyes.

If you played soccer on an amateur level you know very well that a team with less talented players can win a talented team.

That’s y they say football is not mathematics.

A David can beat a giant Goliath

Watford won due to luck and it happens.

Oyinbos have a lot more incorrigible and ethical ppl compared to Nigeria. If they find betting is manipulating football scores.

Bbc or some criminal investigator would have uncovered it and they can ban / stop football betting because it is eating of football.

What is going on now is a scam by some lowlife.

Some times are guesses.

Liverpool beat Barcelona-simple. Barcelona one of the richest clubs in the world.
They will
Not be cheated by some match fixing.

Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by FLYFIRE(m): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Good.

Remaining Messi
cheesy grin grin grin What is wrong with yooou grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
as much as it is possible for ONE player to be working with a betting syndicate and miss clear chances on purpose, anyone who believes that a whole team (11players) could be told by their coach to throw away such an important match, like a champions league semi final, proves to us all the majority of you people truly aint thinking straight.... and are only driven by your inability to accept that your team was beaten FAIR and SQUARE (whether it be Barca last year or Liverpool last week).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by frog12: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
dis guy is seriously underrated !
Re: Daniel Strurridge Banned From Football Worldwide Until June by Sexycardib: 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Bad News

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goalkeepers Unite: Manchester United Celebrate Uzoho, De Gea / Ndubuisi Egbo Wins Albania League, Qualifies For Champions League / Police Brutalise Nigeria Gold Medalist With Jack Knife At A Bank In Abeokuta(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.