Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago (38657 Views)

Black 555.55-carat Formed 2 Billion Years Ago Sells For $4.28 Million At Auction / Why Life On Earth May Be Gone In A Billion Years (Photos) / Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
BluntBoy:

The 6 days are literal. That we know for sure based on the age that Adam was recorded to have died. If a day was a thousand years, Adam would be 1000 years old after God rested on the seventh day.

Are the extraterrestrial beings constrained by the very time that they purportedly created when they began creation or do they exist outside of time as we know it? If they exist outside of time, then they must be bound by a time created by an even higher being.

How so? If they created time, how could they be subjected to it?

What is time? Who created it?

Life span of mosques? I don't understand this paragraph one bit.

You have misunderstood this verse. Peter was merely teaching about the patience of God.

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:8-9)

Man is so impatient that he wants things to happen quickly. When God does not answer him, he gets angry and might even misinterpret God's slowness as God's nonexistence. When God promises you a car soon, and you wait twenty years, it doesn't mean God has forgotten the promise. We, believers in God, are still waiting for the Second Coming. We have waited and waited to the extent that some people have begun to believe that Jesus Christ is not coming back again. However, Peter's teachings is focused on patience. We cannot afford to contain God in time, rather we must trust in His judgment. Time may have gone by, but God's promises are still valid.

At the end of your mention I discovered you are a believer in God.

So no need to argue over anything.

There Was a place I wanted to type mosquitos and I typed mosques. Sorry for that.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by AndikanEssien(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Deicide:
It's a lie the earth is only 6 thousand years old angry

History confirms that mankind is 6000 years plus but as for the earth and other heavenly bodies (planets, stars etc) it's obviously been in existence for much more years
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Fddd4: 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
Really
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Prechy08(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
yes till oduduwa came abi?
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by BluntBoy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2020
Deicide:

The earth is 70% water, you know that right?

It wasn't a short period of time and the water wasn't "lost" it's just a process called water cycle.

Yes, the earth is 70% water, but we were discussing the earth when it was supposedly inundated with water, at least 95-100% water.

We were talking about an earth before this 70% water earth.

And as for the word "lost" that I used, I meant where did the water go? It is impossible for evaporation alone (in the absence of condensation) to significantly dry up a waterworld even in 3 billion years. Your water cycle nonsense does not explain it. And the Earth's rocks do not as well, at least not as well as how Mars dried up.

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by sagieramos(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

And the rest rodents have refused to turn to human beings since.

Sit down there and allow science to pack lies give chop.

Rodents turn to humans and rest rodents refused to turn into humans ever since.

grin

Science and Atheists I hail o.

grin grin
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by DeeMain(m): 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

I swear some people refuse to think..even Paul acknowledged the Bereans above all other converts because they asked questions and sought for the truth in the scriptures..they didn't take the words of the apostles hook line and sinker..they sought for the truth on their own.

My brother, he will get there some day, hopefully.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by 27Pushing30: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
Firstnebo:

Reserve your "love" for God.

Some of the things people call science today are not actually science but propaganda.

Actual science basically stands for four things: Observation >> Hypothesis >> Experiment >> Theory. But today they like to bypass some of these things and teach us nonsense with projected, manipulated simulations.

Now going back to the case of the Earth being totally covered by water. Why is this a new fact? Is this not what God has already told us thousands of years back through the Bible? In the very second verse of the Bible - Genesis 1:2 "Now the earth was formless and empty, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God's spirit was moving about over the surface of the waters."

See? 1) The earth was empty. 2) And there was only darkness then. 3) The earth was covered by a watery deep. And 4) God's spirit started working on the waters in other to shift it one side so that the land can appear, and creating other things.

Coming to your question "Where did the water go?"

The answer is that the water didn't go, but God caused high mountains and hills to rise and deep ocean and sea levels to descend thereby creating large "earthen bowels" to hold in the waters while given much space for bare land. (Water space is still much larger than land space. They say water cover 70% of the Earth surface)

lol if we Atheists begin analyse this your statement now when you reach "Dead end" you go begin rely on good old "I dont care" "i trust my faith" etc lines.

So sha continue
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by ideabuilder: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
chewwie:

Also didn't bother learning

Learning what exactly?

I ve stop learning anything not gravitating towards making money, a long time ago
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by AmazingELixir: 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I love science
I've studied science all my life but this new... shocked
Where did the water go to? Cos according to biogeochemical cycle, nothing on earth is ever wasted cos it's a closed system.

They froze up in the polar regions of the earth

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Offpoint: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I love science
Where did the water go to? Cos according to biogeochemical cycle, nothing on earth is ever wasted cos it's a closed system.
They're all locked up in beneath the earth surface.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Jainism(the oldest religion) believes the universe and it's constituents(soul,matter,space,time and principles of motion)have always existed.
According to Jainism,all the constituents and actions are governed by universal natural laws and "perfect souls",an immaterial entity cannot create or affect a material entity like the universe.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Offpoint: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
xquire:
if only equal devotion and attention could be given to sea exploration just like space exploration...science would've record more milestone and breakthrough, i strongly believe all all the answers we need is down there in the deep seas...

the bible holds account of the destruction of the earth by water, which means all aquatic biology was preserved during this period and we were meant to understand by archeological findings that human beings that existed that time were super humans (thats explains the technology of Noah's ark and his ability to gather all animals in two).

Just imagine for a second the kind of power this aquatic life have preserved through this period and still in existence...the powers and knowledge these biological enclave in the seas holds could change the way we perceive life on earth.

They need to keep exploring space more bro, everything on earth came from space.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by JuanDeDios: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
DeeMain:

Guy, if you read what I wrote and still come up with this then I can't help you. You win.
I think that’s because you’re thinking things from conclusion to premise - which probably explains why you prefer complicated interpretations over a simple reading. For example, you say Moses wrote Genesis. You state this as a fact - even though nobody knows who wrote Genesis. Why? Because Jewish oral tradition says so and of all the competing theories as to who wrote Genesis, this is the one you or the group you belong to prefer. That’s why you assume that your statement that a day in Genesis equals 1,000 years (or billions of years, I guess you pick 1000 or billions depending which is more convenient) disables every argument. Ok.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by FuckThaMod: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

And the rest rodents have refused to turn to human beings since.

Sit down there and allow science to pack lies give chop.

Rodents turn to humans and rest rodents refused to turn into humans ever since.

grin

Science and Atheists I hail o.
The rest of the rodents still has millions of years to evolve their own na, sadly you won't be around to witness grin
Hope you know without science you won't be relating on nairaland.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Lordcassy: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
spartan117:

Gen 1:1 in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I guess you don't know what the universe is like.. Those days the big blue sky you see was called the firmaments... And people thought after the firmament God lives there... This was what in the myth of the towel of babel was about.. Bro until the 1960 when we landed on the moon people thought the sky was solid... So where is the heavens... People will say when you die you will go to heaven...that's because death is unknown and it spread when forces people to latch on to comfort after death.....i have seen chimpanzee do calculations, oraguntans and gorilla understand speech... Bro where are all this animals going when they die... What give you the ego and hubris to access life after death and not these obviously intelligent animals... The same chemistry and physiology... Just a little 1.5 percent difference in your genetic code...but somehow you manifested a soul.... Please believe what you want...jare...
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
Who created other planets(mercury, Venus,Mars,Jupiter)? There is a lot we don't know about how this universe came about.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Sleekmilan01(m): 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
GermanMelania:

Na u and your papa be rodent..me i came from monkeys. They are so adorable and mischievous.

This one totally off me����

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by pmoye(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
His is a very interesting and logical explanation.

FuckThaMod:

You get sense..
Cc Jeromejnr pmoye brainhgeek Firstnebo
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Stillthebest: 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

That's why you need to go to a good school and not the type of community school you went

And you actually went to good schools where they thought you that property can go for properties? Are you writing properties for chemistry or for possessions? Look before you troll then correct your erroneous usage of words!
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Adakintroy2:
Science is more crazier than religion in a weird way.

All we ask you to do is make food available and help man figure out how to make it go round everyone.

How are you different from religion..the same thing religion was told ensure everyone gets his due.

Rather it was more concern about "the heaven" l. Science is toeing that line. With exploration of time space, galaxy, black holes, extra territorial and shiiit.

Give food to mankind and make it go round. That was all you were were ask to do.

If a science Christ were to come it will dismantle all this rubbish science is building. Just as the religious Christ dismantle theirs and refered them back to there neigbours.
If a science Christ was to come,he will show you the science that you don't need food to survive,the science to be immune from any disease...,then it will be called spiritual science.No food or drugs,Just life in the spirit
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by showafrica(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I love science

The Bible said in the beginning, it was only water. On my own scientific knowledge, i think life was created somewhere else and was transported to earth by asteroid. The continents you see today on earth are asteroids splashed on the oceans
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by TMemos: 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the Waters!!

I forsee In the Future, The death of atheism Science and Religion working hand in hand will transcend human experience to a higher level..

How old is the earth according to the Bible?
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
FuckThaMod:
I love science
A water world is already a closed system.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by pmoye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
This is a very interesting and logical explanation.

greygoblings:

The Earth is covered by 70% water and 30% land. If all the ice in the polar caps are to be melted, the earth would be 100% water and warmer. The melting of the ice will bring an end to this age, hence the fear of global warming proponents. On a different note, almost all organisms on Earth has more water in them than Carbon - For instance, the human body is 60% water. Drain out all these water... Then the Earth becomes a water world again.

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by showafrica(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the Waters!!

I forsee In the Future, The death of atheism Science and Religion working hand in hand will transcend human experience to a higher level..

Its a water planet, just like Jupiter and saturn are gas giants
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Lordcassy: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Some these so called religious people with their unbridled ignorance will scream and making connection in just anything..just to make them feel good about the bible... What whosoever wrote that article did not tell you is that there was living thing living in that water....

See bro... Go and buy a telescope....it's just 200k or less... And see the other galaxies and planet for yourself...

Out...

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Lordcassy: 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
emddi:
If a science Christ was to come,he will show you the science that you don't need food to survive,the science to be immune from any disease...,then it will be called spiritual science.No food or drugs,Just life in the spirit

It's obvious you have never handled a microscope talkless of reading... The next time you are sick with malaria... Stay in your room and die... Go and meet the Jewish Jesus...

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by spartan117(m): 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
Lordcassy:

I guess you don't know what the universe is like.. Those days the big blue sky you see was called the firmaments... And people thought after the firmament God lives there... This was what in the myth of the towel of babel was about.. Bro until the 1960 when we landed on the moon people thought the sky was solid... So where is the heavens... People will say when you die you will go to heaven...that's because death is unknown and it spread when forces people to latch on to comfort after death.....i have seen chimpanzee do calculations, oraguntans and gorilla understand speech... Bro where are all this animals going when they die... What give you the ego and hubris to access life after death and not these obviously intelligent animals... The same chemistry and physiology... Just a little 1.5 percent difference in your genetic code...but somehow you manifested a soul.... Please believe what you want...jare...
Yes you're right people thought God lives in the sky including many pastors and religious teachers but is that what the bible said?

I base my beliefs on the bible not on what 'people thought' and the bible has all the answers concerning our universe. I might not know all the answers but I know I can find them in the bible if I diligently search.

However the bible is just the tip of the iceberg as far as knowledge about God himself is concerned.

Remember that gen 1:1 says in the beginning (the beginning of our universe and the spiritual realm not God's beginning) God created the heavens and the earth.
This means that God created time itself, he's older than time since he was there before the beginning of time.

This knowledge about God has not been given to us in this dispensation, but knowledge concerning our universe and the spiritual realm have been made available to those who can see.

1 Like

Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Ashley86400: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
spartan117:

Yet science has only just "discovered" what we "bible folks" knew ever since we could recite ABC.
So who's now the fool in this scenario?

Check my signature for the answer to that question.
You do know the bible described a "flat" earth right?
Which was why the Catholics in the 15th century couldn't agree with the scientist who without traveling to space said the earth had to be round.
Don't get me started on an argument you won't finish.
Do you own research yourself.
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Richmark030: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
God punish science
Re: Earth Was A 'Waterworld' Covered By A Global Ocean 3.2 Billion Years Ago by Kolping: 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
Genesis 2:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

kingk:

God bless you.... In the beginning meaning heaven and Earth creation it could be billions of years and there's no human life existing.... But God created man after he made dry land from the ocean of the earth......

This epistle now confirm that the Bible histories are true.

Kolping:
Genesis 1:1 King James Version (KJV)
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Timilehin Daomi Invents Coins-Dispensing ATM In Lagos (Photos, Video) / World's 1st Digital Tombstone That Display The Deceased Videos, Photos / Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.