Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 (20800 Views)

Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 / Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by IpobAntidote: 8:03am On Mar 03, 2020
puremaker7:
very sad, I just pity african nations with their poor medical facilities, this going hit africa very hard just a matter of time

Na na no one died in the US.
It's all a HOAX by CNN, ABC, NBC AND CBS according to the dumb stupid TRAMP.

4 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by Realtalk20: 8:05am On Mar 03, 2020
sonnie10:
Most people commenting here do not even have any idea about what a nursing home is because they have never seen or been to one before.
These are places were in most cases very fragile, vulnerable, sick and old people are cared for. Majority of them are even hospice patients, meaning that they have been given a specific period to expire.
In most of those facilities, all sorts of life support, ventilation equipments and artificial gastric feeding tubes are commonly used by the residents. Their immune system are often compromised and requires uttermost care.
The truth is, such individuals on a normal situation wouldn’t survive 24 hours in Nigeria.
Those are the one readily affected by any opportunistic disease.
It is ignorance to compare the environment and circumstances in US to Nigeria. Such individuals in Nigeria can only be found in the graves.

Why did you bother explaining?

Most members of this forum are relatively unintelligent. Hence I usually don't bother to waste my time to enlighten any of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by beardedboy(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2020
chewwie:

How on earth is this Trump's fault? Una sef

But if it was Nigeria it would have been Buhsri's fault! angry

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by 3kay945(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2020
KangaIye:

Saudi Arabia is not hotter than Nigeria ma/sir

It is hotter! Even if our northern states are hot, on the average, Saudi is still hotter. I was there some months ago bro.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by LordReed(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2020
Mynd44:
6… .
Over 12,000 people have died in the US because of flu. America has a greater health concern than Coronavirus right now

And this is more infectious than the flu with a higher death rate than the flu. Ever hear of exponential growth?
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by guy222: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2020
puremaker7:
very sad, I just pity african nations with their poor medical facilities, this going hit africa very hard just a matter of time
and our sincere prayer is that when that time comes, may your entire family be the most hit. Keep saying rubbish.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by jayloms: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2020
sinaj:
How do you think it gets into the body to attack the respiratory system?

Errmm, it's majorly airborne smiley (droplets from sneezes, Coughs of infected folks when inhaled and any means through which it can get directly into the human system. I don't think it penetrates the skin directly to the blood streams, but, who knows?
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by EvensShehab: 8:22am On Mar 03, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

You watch too much Hollywood movies.

It's taking a toll on you
[/s]
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by mrphysics(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Four in an old folks home.
So far, every death from novel coronavirus in the United States has been in Washington state.

FTC!
I dedicate this FTC to the expectation the SC reverses that embarrassment of a judgement in Imo state.

But if the judgment is let stand, two things:
(1) U can no longer tell Nigerians that lying and cheating does not pay when they can see for themselves that the highest court in the land rewards blatant cheating and forgery.
(2) By the precedent set there, any candidate able to obtain INEC documents (usually ruling party candidates) can write any result they wish and the Supreme Court must accept those results no matter how fraudulent or defective they may be, inevitably leading to a one-party country
Lol, you are already preparing for your loss. I decided not to respond to your previous mention the other day until SC decides today.

Anticipate that they make reference to Bayelsa state judgment where they said they must be an end to litigation.

Wake up bro
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by lomprico(m): 8:30am On Mar 03, 2020
beardedboy:
"Saner climes" indeed.

Oya, Trump nyansh lickers come and spew trash!!!

diseases does not know where is saner or not. it's how the people there react and handle a situation like this disease that determines if the place is a saner climes or not.

only if you had sense. undecided
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by beardedboy(m): 8:37am On Mar 03, 2020
lomprico:

diseases does not know where is saner or not. it's how the people there react and handle a situation like this disease that determines if the place is a saner climes or not.

only if I had sense. undecided

Corrected

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by Eteka1(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

Pity African nation?

No doubt, you obviously have issues with complex, try manage it, where necessary, visit consultants in psychology.

A single reported case in Nigeria has been reportedly addressed while death toll in your infallible US is on the increase, yet your pity goes to African countries.

If the case of US where to be for Nigeria, beings like you (out of complex) would have announced to the whole world how inefficiency was responsible. Now, it is about your god country, and it is not a case of inefficiency but African countries working round the clock to prevent it are the same countries your pity goes to. Smh. undecided
You said it all. The way many people think in Nigeria these days is just appalling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by sacx: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2020
sinaj:
Saudi Arabia is hotter than Nigeria yet the disease is thriving there so I think it has something to do with our skin, maybe the melanin resist it sort of.

It's too early to say blacks are immune to it. The virus has an incubation period of two weeks, so it's only logical to give it time
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by wirinet(m): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2020
chewwie:

How on earth is this Trump's fault? Una sef
It's Buhari's fault.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by sinaj(f): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2020
sacx:

It's too early to say blacks are immune to it. The virus has an incubation period of two weeks, so it's only logical to give it time
thats why I used the words 'I think' and 'maybe'.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by wirinet(m): 8:51am On Mar 03, 2020
sacx:

How many of the periodic flu epidemics have affected black people? ie SARS, MERS
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by EvensShehab: 8:59am On Mar 03, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Africa has subconsciously inflicted herself with a psyche of inferiority complex. You didn't pity the American who have lost 6 souls. Pure mental slavery. Majority of you, are already waiting for Coronavirus outbreak in Nigeria, so that you can easily blame the government.
[/s]
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by linkin8k(m): 9:00am On Mar 03, 2020
All I'll say is let's hope the situation in Nigeria doesn't change in two weeks (incubation period).

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by Dottore: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

Pity African nation?

No doubt, you obviously have issues with complex, try manage it, where necessary, visit consultants in psychology.

A single reported case in Nigeria has been reportedly addressed while death toll in your infallible US is on the increase, yet your pity goes to African countries.

If the case of US where to be for Nigeria, beings like you (out of complex) would have announced to the whole world how inefficiency was responsible. Now, it is about your god country, and it is not a case of inefficiency but African countries working round the clock to prevent it are the same countries your pity goes to. Smh. undecided
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by alezzy13: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2020
sinaj:
21 confirmed case and 5 have recovered.

There is also a rumour going round that they are downplaying it too.

That's UAE naa, not Saudi Arabia. Moreover given that some of it's cities are hot spot for tourists (Abu Dhabi, Dubai) it's no surprise UAE has so many cases.

As of yesterday, S/Arabia has just one confirmed case.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by alezzy13: 9:21am On Mar 03, 2020
LordReed:

And this is more infectious than the flu with a higher death rate than the flu. Ever hear of exponential growth?

Higher death rate than flu? Hope you know the Corona virus kills just about 1% of it's victims ( could be lower)
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by Matthew322(m): 9:23am On Mar 03, 2020
Mynd44:
6… .
Over 12,000 people have died in the US because of flu. America has a greater health concern than Coronavirus right now

You right,big,big health concern.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by stasius: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2020
Corona is not a black man's disease. Even if a black man tests positive he will survive it.

I think there is a thing in our gene that makes us resistant to Corona.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by EvensShehab: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

God bless your Mother!
[/s]
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by chewwie(m): 9:34am On Mar 03, 2020
Okoroawusa:
But it is Buhari's fault right?
I don't understand. Never said it's Buhari's fault, have I?
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by chewwie(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2020
beardedboy:

But if it was Nigeria it would have been Buhsri's fault! angry
Not really, no. The virus has been shown to kill elderly people with underlying medical conditions, if people under that category dies, it'll be nobody's fault.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by eeby1983(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Not really. Our weather will protect us.
Corona is much like flu which thrives in cold weather (winter, fall)
God bless you
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by chewwie(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2020
wirinet:
It's Buhari's fault.
No, it's my fault
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by LordReed(m): 9:52am On Mar 03, 2020
alezzy13:

Higher death rate than flu? Hope you know the Corona virus kills just about 1% of it's victims ( could be lower)

Check here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Which currently rates it at 6%. Mortality for flu is less than 1%. Even cautious estimates for COVID-19 are at 2%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/
Mortality Rate as of Feb. 20 in China (findings from the Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission)
The Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission published on Feb. 28 by WHO [12] is based on 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases. The report notes that "The Joint Mission acknowledges the known challenges and biases of reporting crude CFR early in an epidemic" (see also our discussion on: How to calculate the mortality rate during an outbreak). Here are its findings on Case Fatality Ratio, or CFR (the mortality rate):

"As of 20 February, 2,114 of the 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases have died (crude fatality ratio [CFR: 3.8%) (note: at least some of whom were identified using a case definition that included pulmonary disease).

The overall CFR varies by location and intensity of transmission (i.e. 5.8% in Wuhan vs. 0.7% in other areas in China).

In China, the overall CFR was higher in the early stages of the outbreak (17.3% for cases with symptom onset from 1-10 January) and has reduced over time to 0.7% for patients with symptom onset after 1 February. " [12]
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:01am On Mar 03, 2020
alezzy13:

The disease is not 'thriving' in Saudi Arabia - only one confirmed case currently.
CanadaOrBust:

Not really. Our weather will protect us.
Corona is much like flu which thrives in cold weather (winter, fall)
Urchman200:
u don't mean it, who set the clock?supper natural or our wealther is helping us, bro it has nothing to do with leadership ok.

google singapore

Average weather in singapore is 35'c while average weather in Nigeria is 30'c.

Singapore has more than 90 comfirmed cases of Corona virus and counting.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by macklef(m): 10:01am On Mar 03, 2020
Kreamie:
Kudos to the Nigerian government for keeping the mortality very low to be honest.
well, its still too early to say. America had sixty cases and no deaths for a long time. Well, wr have just one case, no need to expect much but anything is still possible
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by Hypocrit: 10:06am On Mar 03, 2020
Kreamie:
Kudos to the Nigerian government for keeping the mortality very low to be honest.
what do you mean by low mortality rate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doctor Anweh Damian Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Benue / Recovered Patients Of Severe COVID-19 Infection More Likely To Die Within A Year / Flurona: First Case Of Covid And Flu Mix Found In Young Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.