Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed (65811 Views)

2 Policemen & 3 Bandits Killed As Suspected IPOB, ESN Attack Imo Police Station / Boko Haram: Govt Hires 200 Special Hunters To Fight Terrorists In Borno / Armed Bandits Killed And Arrested In Zamfara Forests (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by dre11(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2020
No fewer than 40 bandits were killed in an operation carried out by local hunters, led by a 70-year-old female spiritualist in Zuguruma, Mashegu Local Government Area of Niger State.

The raid, which lasted for just 30 minutes, has been described by villagers and eyewitnesses as, “a mysterious encounter,” which ought to have been capitalised on and used ever since.

Despite several efforts in the past months, it seemed like the operations by combined efforts of the military, Police and other security agencies against banditry in Niger State have been unsuccessful.

A witness told journalists that the state government had to go spiritual with the engagement of spiritualists and local hunters to fight the bandits who had besieged some local government areas in the state.

This breakthrough in the fight against bandits came barely a week after the state government declared a state-wide prayer in mosque and churches against men of the underworld, who have made lives unbearable for the people.

Two days after the prayers, bandits struck in Kagara in Rafi Local Government Area, killing a woman and her daughter and kidnapping scores.

A commander of the bandits and three others, who were said to have gone to town to buy recharge cards and other basic needs for the group, were later arrested and handed over to the state police command. They are currently under investigations.

The female spiritualist, before leading the operation, was said to have requested for some things, including a live dog whose blood was sprinkled on all the hunters before embarking on the operation. Two virgin boys led the way into the bandits’ den.

She was said to have stripped herself in a tent while preparing the sacrifice. One of the villagers, Mallam Alhassan, who narrated in Hausa how the operation went, said: “On approaching the location of the bandits, the woman instructed that the hunters should shoot into the air to provoke the bandits so as to lure them out from their hideouts.”

This strategy, according to him, paid off, as the bandits on hearing the sound of the gunshots, began to shoot towards the direction of the hunters but could not see anyone.

The villager added: “The bandits continued to shoot sporadically without aiming at any target until they ran out of bullets. That was when the hunters descended on them, killing 40.”

Findings showed that while the operation was ongoing, the leader of the bandits scampered to hide on top of a tree. One of the bandits ran towards him, calling his attention to the invasion by the hunters, the woman ordered the hunters to immediately go after him. He was brought down with just a wave of the hand.

The source added: “No single casualty was recorded on the side of the hunters who had volunteered to help the government eliminate all forms of banditry from the state within one month. All the weapons of the bandits, including machine guns, anti-aircraft guns, rocket launchers, among others, were recovered and handed over to the police.”

When contacted, the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Othman Umar, said that he was making efforts to reach the Division Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the community where the incident occurred.

Umar said, “I will get back to you as soon as I get the Divisional Police Officer, where the incident occurred.”

As at the time of filing this report, no feedback was received from the police.

https://www.independent.ng/40-bandits-killed-as-70yr-old-woman-leads-local-hunters-into-battle-in-niger-state/

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Dreal1247: 8:56am On Mar 03, 2020
This is just the beginning. Nobody has the monopoly of killing. But when one has been pushed to the wall anything is possible. This should send the right signal to the Federal Government. Let the Government sincerely fight for the masses. The Government cannot fight the masses. Daily we are losing confidence in the Government. Promises of security when everything done shows that the Government is supporting the killers.

184 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by GamalNasser: 9:00am On Mar 03, 2020
Witches have always been necessary in battles since time immemorial . Hitler used them a lot .

169 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:00am On Mar 03, 2020
Let then kuku make the woman a general in the Nigerian army cos he is more important than Gen Buratai.

Meanwhile, am still waiting for Buhari promise to lead from the front. What an aged man used to deceive some educated morons all across Nigeria.

387 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Eagleboney(m): 9:01am On Mar 03, 2020
Okay,

but don't rely on juju in a gunfight cause one bullet from AK47 will take you down

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2020
Pictures or no one went to the Bush with phones
Me I don tire to believe anything written nowadays with pictorial evidence

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Comedian2019: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2020
Hizzy:
Pictures or no one went to the Bush with phones
Me I don tire to believe anything written nowadays with pictorial evidence
grin grin grin audio

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by saaron(m): 9:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Fulani terrorist marauders will soon embark on their genocidal violence targeting 70 year old women for ''Revenge'' against them. Isnt that what the imposter said when he visited a community in Katsina attacked by fulani terrorist?
This article is nothing but a marked information for terrorist to identify communities and individuals serving as informants against them.
Bloody devilish regime.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Ishilove: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Spiritism in modern warfare. This really is a new dimension.

I wish they didn't reveal the ingredients used in the jazz because these bandits can do counter jazz

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by solmus: 9:33am On Mar 03, 2020
cool

I just love haboki women, from the time of wars before dan fodio and british invasion, Northerners have some of the best female warriors who conquered territories, people like Queen of Zauzau, Queen Amina of the Kanuris

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Tomide007: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2020
Northerners needs to veer off politics and form their own amotekun.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Kulvas: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2020
Youdonmeanit
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by dawnomike(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2020
When grandmas provoke grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Onyekachi419(f): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2020
People are fighting for themselves while our government is doing nothing on the bandit/bokoharam matter.
All they do is type condolence message on twitter.

13 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by QuickStandard: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
Warrior!!!
Please send her into Sambisa forest.
She might be more effective that our grin
If you know what I mean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Patrioticman007(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
What

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by OgbanjeProphet: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
If every nigerian agrees to wipe terrorism out of this country today, a week is too long to get the work done.

God bless the old woman, agbara nwanyi, Odogwu nwanyi!

God bless the hunters too.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by festacman(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by PrinceMajestic: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
Mama unleashed her demon on bandits

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by free2ryhme: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Lexusgs430: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
Jazztically fortified Grandma......... grin

4 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Olujoe1(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
May God help us oo

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Sonnobax15(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
lipsrsealed Witchcraft over technology and civilization....my four months stay in suleja(in niger state) was indeed a fun-filled one...as a matter of fact,i thought it was the most peaceful place i've resided prior to the kind of lifestyle i was born into in warri...not until recently when i started to hear of the killings in niger state,and i was like "WTF".

5 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Samunique(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
40 bandits killed ?

Hope this news does not get to Buhari o, so that the old man will not develop IBP over night bcs he won't be happy with this news .

How dear you kill 40 bandits when Buhari is still the "Commander in Chief"........

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by YINKS89(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
African spiritual soldiers

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
I didnt know that Barbarians were Nigerians.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by jayboy112233: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
We need more of this type of people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by nairalee(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
This goes to prove that Information gathering is more efficient than just blind brutal force.

Who's in a better position to bust these bandits than locales?

The best way to go is State/Community policing

6 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Stan2330(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2020
Pictures of the bandits killed or I don't believe

What bout the audio 400 bandits killed in a forest ?

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by abumeinben(m): 9:47am On Mar 03, 2020
When they're busy making transactions on bokoharam, SARS busy with harassments, herdsmen herding humans....

Time to describe our own battle.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by pennywys(m): 9:47am On Mar 03, 2020
cheesy

What Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

What Buhari chief of defence

Chief of Army Staffs

Inspector General of Police

and other security staffs and agencies
couldn't do despite wasting tax payers money, a 70yrs old woman did it without funding.

More reason we need regional security outfit to curtail insurgency in our land.

Mohammad Buhari has Fail us

Shame on him

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Leads Hunters To Battle In Niger State, 40 Bandits Killed by Lexusgs430: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2020
Send them to tackle Boko boys.... Buratai, you dey hear so......

Enough of handing them over to God..... God is already tired of Nigeria........

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nathaniel Samuel: Failed Suicide Bomber At Winners Chapel Being Interviewed / 15-Year-Old Boy Beats 14-YearOld Girl To Death For Refusing To Be His Girlfriend / 'I Am Not For Evil' — Slay Queen Caught With Charms Cries (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.