Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

What You Don't Know About Computer Village - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Don't Know About Computer Village (2192 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / A Friend Was Scammed Of N40k + Iphone6 In Computer Village, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Techcornerng(m): 10:33am On Mar 03, 2020
1. Nigeria’s and Africa's largest technology market.

2. The Computer Village in Ikeja, the Lagos State capital, is arguably Africa’s largest Trade Market for Computer and Allied (ICT) Products.

3. Estimated N1 billion volume of trade daily at the renowned market on computers, phones, accessories and other affiliated gadgets in sales and repairs.

4. About 20 million phones are sold at the Computer Village monthly.

5. Computer Village contributed about %2 percent to the national gross domestic product (GDP) in 2014 (NBS Report).

6. Several high-tech companies are well represented, and technicians, app developers and IT experts of all kinds do their trade in the market; Individuals and corporate organizations from across Nigeria and neighboring African countries throng Computer Village daily..

7. You are smart, you are smart, It's not about Ikeja Computer Village; if you are new there you must shine your eyes else you will tell your story when you get home.

There's a brief documentary about computer village, it was published yesterday, and many people are still shocked about what this market is going to be in future years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfnKFdbbFZU

Have you ever been Scammed in Ikeja Computer Village Before?? I will love you to share your story.

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Lynoverse(m): 10:55am On Mar 03, 2020
Ftc

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Techcornerng(m): 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Lynoverse:
Ftc

I don't get what you mean by FTC
Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by implementing: 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
Techcornerng:

I don't get what you mean by FTC
you must be new here grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by theoneJabulani(m): 5:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by completeskills: 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
Computer village is a place you just love to hate. A necessary evil precisely. Not everyone will understand this.

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by micholalo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
Computer village ���� anytime I think about you I will just smile�, I don buy fufu before

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Petersamuel8(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
Scammers are too much over there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by gbengaoyeladun(m): 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
micholalo:
Computer village ����
anytime I think about you I will just smile�, I don buy fufu before

Lol..is part of experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Simplecity(m): 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Petersamuel8:
Scammers are too much over there
lol.....computer village is not for the weak hearted

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by sunshineV(f): 11:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Dem tiff d money wey I wan use repair screen b4 I reach computer village. Lagos is scary

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by abokikhalifa: 12:23am On Mar 04, 2020
Techcornerng:
1. Nigeria’s and Africa's largest technology market.

2. The Computer Village in Ikeja, the Lagos State capital, is arguably Africa’s largest Trade Market for Computer and Allied (ICT) Products.

3. Estimated N1 billion volume of trade daily at the renowned market on computers, phones, accessories and other affiliated gadgets in sales and repairs.

4. About 20 million phones are sold at the Computer Village monthly.

5. Computer Village contributed about %2 percent to the national gross domestic product (GDP) in 2014 (NBS Report).

6. Several high-tech companies are well represented, and technicians, app developers and IT experts of all kinds do their trade in the market; Individuals and corporate organizations from across Nigeria and neighboring African countries throng Computer Village daily..

7. You are smart, you are smart, It's not about Ikeja Computer Village; if you are new there you must shine your eyes else you will tell your story when you get home.

There's a brief documentary about computer village, it was published yesterday, and many people are still shocked about what this market is going to be in future years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfnKFdbbFZU

Have you ever been Scammed in Ikeja Computer Village Before?? I will love you to share your story.

Computer village, a place where you can use 15 thousand naira to buy FUFU that you can't eat.

Computer village, a place where the originator of the fraud can also fall victim in the hands of another fraudster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by y3mi(m): 4:52am On Mar 04, 2020
Shortened:
Since 1998 when a DVD/CDRW combo drive was sold for N56,000

Still no difference.

Same old hub for pirated softwares, just a different set of hustlers.

Here is my lengthened contribution to this thread
:
A responsible state, or government would have foresaw the potentiality of this place as it was emerging, and provide various encouraging faciltlities and infrastructures to set it on a direction where the likes of Bangalore, East London Tech City are today, because empowering ambitious tech businesses and entrepreneurs not only grows the economy but also progresses the nation into a technological advanced advancing one, for there's even a limit to what those individuals and companies in computer village can do despite all the business suffocating atsmosphere and effort killing negligence of the wrath leashing governmentl, but those are idealistic thoughts so let us snap back to the Nigerian reality and delve into how it all started.

Originally, it was not a sweltering, choked up place swarming with all manners of drifters and hustlers but a commodious dwelling where the repairing and servicing of desktop PCs among various other computer related issues were rendered. Been the only one of its kind at the time, it popularity grew over the years that it was commonly referred to as the 'Floor'.

Through the concerted efforts of a pockets of various energetic IT oriented guys and men-gineers who truly understand the language spoken by computers towards the late 90s, the Computer Village was unanimously birthed ane later on evolved to become a place established majorly for the buying and selling of mostly digital electronics ranging from computers, gadgets, phones and their accessories, where among the myriads of dealers still exist those who maintain an integrity of stocking genuine products albeit scantily few.

Computer Village is, today very far from what it could have been. It is neither a tech industry as erroneously depicted nor is it a place for tech innovation, it has become a busy market community where profit seekers and companies can set up shop to overprofit from the sales of any kind of merchandise.

It is still by and large a den for hustlers. Infact it should be sloganned as the hustlers capital of the Africa, if not the whole world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Techcornerng(m): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2020
[size=8pt][/size]
completeskills:
Computer village is a place you just love to hate. A necessary evil precisely. Not everyone will understand this.
hahaha, only those who have experience there can relate, grin grin cheesy
Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Techcornerng(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2020
implementing:
you must be new here grin
sure am new, what do you mean?
Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Corroro: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2020
sunshineV:
Dem tiff d money wey I wan use repair screen b4 I reach computer village. Lagos is scary

So sad, I think you didnt meet the right people, next time just take your device to carlcare for a fix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by sunshineV(f): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2020
Corroro:

So sad, I think you did meet the right people

leemao that's why I hate fake people and fake Shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About Computer Village by Twifemmy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
sunshineV:

leemao that's why I hate fake people and fake Shit

(1) (Reply)

Phone Under 25k Needed. / Glo Is Out With Time Zone Package / Airtel With Netwok Busy Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.