Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73824 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by segun18(m): 9:07am On Mar 04, 2020
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive there in the late hour of the night.
Had a nice chicken and wine for dinner, later went to bed.

LoL

5a.m Nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda Street, Oke-Ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 9:12am On Mar 04, 2020
Which white people and from which country r u talking about? undecided undecided

Honeydenz:

What I know is it's all vanity upon vanity. When u haven't visited overseas it all look like a big deal to u until u get there and discovered there's nothing really special about it. Enjoy ur life whenever u are, naija or abroad.

[s]Those of u saying oyinbo pussy rock, hope u know white men and women hardly have their bath. They can stay a week without visiting the washroom as a result, they smell alot. Constantly spraying perfume to make up for their dirty body[/s]

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by azadus18: 9:14am On Mar 04, 2020
felt scared, not for my self, i was jst afraid, make anytin no happen for d person i follow go, in a foreign land..cuz it was d first time Ma work took me abroad....
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by monfizzy(m): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2020
contumely2:

Yours is interesting.
What happened to your wife?

Seems Nigerian women abroad give many issues.

She wasn’t Nigerian but European of Caucasian origin. Life happened.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 8stargeneral: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2020
Chi59:
You didn't see me.
lol... why nah, thought you wan go abroad?
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Surrey2Bimshire: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2020
gypsey:
I see, Dominican republic.

Dominican Republic �� is not the same as Dominica ��
Two different countries
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by officialflex(f): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2020
Please oo who will carry me abroad na. Make me sef narrate my experience. Please oo
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by deavicky(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2020
lepasharon:

Lol those aren't tiles, they're bricks
the Idea is not what they use
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 8stargeneral: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2020
I will come back on this thread very soon... u guys should wait for my upcoming story... I don't want to lie like some people here!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by femmyapson(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2020
Dking01:
Please I need someone to help me open a functional PayPal account biko,..free pls
mail me
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mrhonesty: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2020
Too many things. Landed at Hamad International Airport, Qatar. That Airport is something else. Again France, l didn't feel cold became they picked me at the Airport. As early as 6:am people were holding one long thing l used to watch whites eat in foreign films, they were walking like running, some were running at the same time eating. I was told they were holding, eating bread. We bought ours but not that cheap long thing. 'As you get money rich, na him you go try enjoy oyinbo'. Following day, I told to pour the tea l made somewhere that in Europe you don't add water to make tea. So many more. May God deliver us from not enough.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mrhonesty: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2020
officialflex:
Please oo who will carry me abroad na. Make me sef narrate my experience. Please oo

People like you do have the best experience. You need focus, hardworking and favour of God.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mrhonesty: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2020
8stargeneral:
I will come back on this thread very soon... u guys should wait for my upcoming story... I don't want to lie like some people here!

AMEN, come back better.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mrhonesty: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=officialflex post=87152825]Please oo who will carry me abroad na. Make me sef narrate my experience. Please oo[/quote
God.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mrhonesty: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Which white people and from which country r u talking about? undecided undecided

Wake up. That's mentality

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2020
Ojady:
I had ran around all day saying all my goodbyes, arranging who got what of all my stuff, shunting through the MM Airport traffic and eventually jammed into the window seat (Economy) of a British Airways flight from Lagos to Heathrow. I was tired and hungry but equally anxious: how e go be? The whole experience for me started from putting my feet on the plane, the courtesy of the BA flight attendants was a hint almost like welcome to the world where things work without connections. They served us a European meal, with a choice of wine, water and juice. Being a newbie, I did not want to miss a thing, so i asked for water and juice. The chap on the aisle and middle seats requested for red wine. They guzzled it and knocked out sleeping all through the flight. On arrival at Heathrow, it was 6 ish am, got my bags and paper map to navigate my way. Unable to make a head or tail of it, I approached this white guy under the assumption 'decent oyinbo guy in suit and oxford scarf' to ask directions. Perhaps, it was my JJC, Akata wannabe look I had, or the size of the map - I will never know ... na so Oyinbo slam me one big isho "I DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOU"
Lol. You write well.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by 8stargeneral: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2020
Mrhonesty:

AMEN, come back better.
Thanks bro!.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2020
gypsey:
First time i travelled to Nigeria, as landed at MMA lagos the heat hit my face, in just few minutes i was sweating like a christmas Turkey. The whole airport smelt horrible, the toilet was filty with a brown 6 inches shiit starring angrily at me as if to be asking what da fu ck are you doing in Nigeria? no water to wash hands after using the toilet or flush. everyone was asking to be "dashed" something i even thought for one minute that the shiit in that toilet was about to demand for "dash" too the way it was starring at me. The noise was excruciating people screaming while hawking their various wares, defecating and urinating everywhere, The hotel was filty, No electricity, i was told that the generator isn't on, what?!! I yelled, generator?!! but however, above all i Enjoyed my 3 weeks stay in Nigeria. Nigerian women, food, weed and palm wine i enjoyed. grin i ve been to Nigeria more than a dozen times since then, in Nigeria if you are moneyd you are a King or queen.

where are you from bro
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by NCANCHAIR(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2020
Whatsup bro[quote author=ebijimi7 post=87145681][/quote]
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2020
centboy123456:

where are you from bro
I am from east london UK. my parents are IGBO.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by BluntBoy(m): 10:28am On Mar 04, 2020
I didn't feel any differently. I was preoccupied with something else.

Months before I traveled, I was having nightmares that I died in a plane crash. I was sure it was not anxiety because that was not the first time I was traveling in a plane. That year alone, I had made many air trips from Lagos to Abuja, especially.

So, when I made my first trip outside Nigeria, I was scared all through. I took a bus from Abuja to Lagos (something I always did using a plane). So, all the way to Mumbai, it was hours of nerves and prayers.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by yemitexcel(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2020
Only God can just look at me and turn my life around... Right from day one of my life it has been from one struggling to another, I even managed myself to finished school and anytime I see a post concerning traveling I always cried within me asking myself how will I even travel out of this country without knowing anyone or having anybody outside.... The fear of clocking 30 years without a tangible things has dawn on me but am thanking God for the gift of life and his grace concerning my life... God bless everyone out there and help the poor like me

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kevingeoffrey: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2020
DMerciful:
I felt wowed by what other countries have built and I was looking for people with two heads who built these infrastructures. I couldn't see any two-headed people and I wonder why our case was different. When I came back especially at MMA, I was depressed! Since then I have been to all the continents except Australia and South America. Currently in North America!
Bros u gats help person japa from this country oh abeg
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by mercy87(f): 11:05am On Mar 04, 2020
Dreyton36:
Its a wonderful experience really , especially when you're sponsoring yourself
I had so many thoughts on my head walahi
1. Na me sit down inside aeroplane so ?
2. Na me they use my money fly to obodo oyibo?
3. When will I see my family again?
4. I must not come back without Benz
When I landed omg , I realised that coronavirus cannot even kill us I Nigeria cuz we live in a bedgraggled environment in naija

Abroad sweet abeg, everywhere clean
Hit me up for your sure visas to all European countries
There's also a sure Canada visa application going on
No scam zone

Your contact?
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Perfecttouchade: 11:08am On Mar 04, 2020
Ok..patronize us..great post.
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2020
gypsey:
I am from east london UK. my parents are IGBO.

OK can we be friends i wanna us to talk on what app

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Larwin(m): 11:17am On Mar 04, 2020
Just reading, bá travelling experience sad
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by contumely2: 11:20am On Mar 04, 2020
monfizzy:

She wasn’t Nigerian but European of Caucasian origin. Life happened.
ok
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Emmyk(m): 11:23am On Mar 04, 2020
I felt good and adjusted quickly. Also some massive euphoria came, you look around and everywhere looked developed, everywhere organized. The comparison with your home country begins. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2020
lefulefu:
na d carribean cheesy i dey cheesy.but here is not dat far from new york.i fit enter ferry here come see u grin

bro can we talk on what app
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by centboy123456(m): 11:29am On Mar 04, 2020
yvelchstores:
I can't remember that. But I remember how it felt coming back after 3years, I was overwhelmed when I came out of mma in lagos, the number of blacks, everyone was black and that was what I had not seen in a long time. I felt at home. What I wasn't ready for was the cars, every car had a dent or damage. In the abroad it's hard to come by a car with a scratch.

what country are you in
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by omoharry(f): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2020
Germany: It is beautiful Place.You will experience a peaceful environment. Unlike the noise we have gotten use to in Nigeria( especially Lagos) Noisy and unruly society has a way of making you talk and act aggressively. If you are in a calm, peaceful and orderly environment. You automatically become calm yourself because there is a kind of peace within you to make you patient and less aggressive.

The cities are organised, beautiful and neat. Everything is orderly with less noise on the street ..No reckless driving with unnecessary honking from cars, or drivers hauling insult at one another on the road.

People will help you when you need one , especially when you have so many luggage to carry especially around their airport.I remembered struggling with my many luggage and at the same time trying to catch up with time in order not to miss my flight .A couple came to my aid and helped out with one of my luggage so that i would not miss the bus that would take me to the terminal.There are nice and evil people every where though.

Nigeria has too many negative energy due to the hardship we are subjected to..we are still battling for survival, so every other thing takes the back burner.We like good things but we are not ready to sacrifice and make our society a better place..

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.