Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73835 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by idonhammer: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Double your hustle and see it come Tru before middle of this year.

SpecialAgent:
mehn....i have NEVER entered plane in my entire life grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mariangeles:

Lie lie! grin
seriously no power outage here.if u have no light at home that means ur light has finished then all u need to is go outside and purchase another light

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
Victornezzar:

Egbon where u dey
dominica island

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
supercase1:

Are u sure that u've travelled out of naija before grin
doesnt matter if u believe or not grin
the important thing is i am out of naija cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by ikcid: 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
Farki:

People always asked me if I'm foreign because of the way I spoke as a child. I used to watch sky TV at that time and they showed mostly British shows so that's how I learned English. Sorry I no fit speak pidgin . grin

But you can type in pidgin English shocked shocked

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Victornezzar: 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
dominica island
Na you oooo

Relocated there permanently??
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by AKswift: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
I touched down in Boston, USA, and l cursed every past leader that had ruled over Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Victornezzar:

Na you oooo

Relocated there permanently??
no i am furthering my studies here
thats a glimpse of the country..its a small island nation surrounded by the carribean sea at one side and the atlantic ocean on the other side.lagos state is bigger than this country but what u get here u cant get it in lagos.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Victornezzar: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
no i am furthering my studies here
Wow

Cool

All the best man

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kaytex: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
It was fun travelling to Europe enroute Addis Ababa with my family. But getting to europe u will discover DAT survival abroad is tough as a result of restrictions on foreigners. Abroad is sweet if u have a legal stay which is very difficult to get but if you don't have a legal stay, life for such a person is like a refugee, u will just b at d mercy of people. It was amazing on d whole, light, good infrastructure, hospital services are almost free. My son fell y playing and within six minutes, ambulance was available wen we called. Food is cheap . racism still in vogue, . church service one hour highest. Returned after two years, my son was now two plus as he was eight months wen we left. As little as he was, he registered his grievances. Said Nigeria roads were dirty, rough and smelling. Cried for d first two weeks after we returned especially wen NEPA takes light at night. Ran out of church for the many noises which u don't see abroad. Whatever u want is at ur finger tips abroad. D boy lost weight drastically. Doing all to get him and his sibling back, so help me God

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by franchasng: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
iLegendd:

That was exactly why I shed tears when compared to Naija.

God should make heaven free for all Nigerians no matter the level of our sins. We are already in hell, Nigeria, so why experience another hell again? That is pure wickedness if any Nigerian goes to hell the second time.

My brother anybody that has lived at least 10years in Nigeria should not fear hell fire again because.....Nigeria is hell fire!! I keep wondering why some Americans and Europeans are coming to West Africa to live.....honestly, they are really good cos if I were to be a whiteman and I became the President, I will ban issuing of visa of any class or type to any black person coming from West Africa because black people don't have sense!!

Look at how much Abacha stole from his own fatherland and stashed abroad....billions of $$ that are being discovered since he died in 1998, and even the ones that cannot be discovered.....Abacha loot alone is enough to build Nigeria to a world class nation in 1998.

and still, some stupid black fools calling themselves Nigerians are supporting Abacha and his follower Buhari who is claiming and deceiving Nigerians that he is fighting corruption and you will still see the same Nigerian fools struggling to get visa to run out of Nigeria, which tells you how stupid black people are, especially Nigerians!!! angry

Governor will use state resources and pave ordinary road and foolish Nigerians will be praising and hailing him as best governor for what!! Is it his pocket money he used to execute the project He is elected to serve not to help or form god!

Blacks are just irredeemable!! cry

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
iLegendd:

That thing made me depressed. Nigeria is not backward — we are the word before backward.

Ewoooooooo...see description abeg!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by lagdmark(m): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
monfizzy:
Moving to the UK didn’t really know what to expect, I just had dreams and desire to change my life fortune. So when I landed at Heathrow I got my first scare when immigration told me to step aside after asking me why am I in the UK and who am I coming to see. Told them I’m not coming to see anyone but moving permanently to live with my wife (now ex) and they requested for her number and I gave. Then asked me where she is I told them she’s waiting for me at the arrival lounge. They delayed me for about 30mins but throughout the entire time I acted unworried coz I knew cameras were on me to observe my countenance.

Was just playing music with my Beats headsets and nodding my head to the rhythms, but I was worried inside me. I travelled with a residence permit and had all the confidence in-between the worries. So they later let me go and on getting at the arrival lounge saw madam and my brothers waiting for me, immediately I stepped out at Heathrow cold almost blew me off coz it was December period.

I was excited but the airport experience almost destabilised me. Sha thank God, my fortune has indeed changed forever. Now a naturalised citizen with a decent job and with an even promising future. No regrets whatsoever. The environment was a sight to behold. Nigeria would have killed my dreams.
Lucky you, you meet the madam on online dating platform and she gave you kpali to UK.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Lamanii22(f): 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive dia in the late hour of the night.
Have a nice chicken and wine for dinner, let went to bed.

5am nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda street, oke-ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

Lmaooo... Maddooo!!! Isolo area.. My fucking area...

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Switruth: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
Most people commenting here have not been to abroad by their comments. You must be tensed in your first move. Entering the plane and imagining where you’re going and what will happen to you. The plane take off. Balancing and landing is a not too good experience though. Some puke. Some cry and some pretend as if they’ve been flying. Trust naija. I was scared in my first travel to Jamaica. Then to the states. Luxembourg and France. They have a different system of doing things. U mess up you collect. Naija is the freeest country on earth. I swear.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
Conner44:
Does Congo count as being in ‘abroad’? I have traveled to DRC and their air and women smell the same
how do you mean! How can air and woman smell same!
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
iLegendd:

That thing made me depressed. Nigeria is not backward — we are the word before backward. What is it? Ape-ward. Other African countries may be backward, but we're not qualified to be backward — that is way too advanced for us; we are an ape-ward nation.

prehistoric would be the world cheesy
nigeria is a prehistoric geographical zone grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by larryking540: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
My first experience traveling out side nigeria is that ,the whitess I saw look so relaxed even though they have missed or late for their flight I was just running like a mad man ,bro no body tell me say make I relax and walk like a gentleman , because the way they stare at me ,I knew exactly I am making the tensed ,
Life outside naija is a relaxed life oooo

But according to Victor ad when ur Phone ring just kw say na money your people need back home or they need your help ..I miss naija sha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by NCANCHAIR(m): 10:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
Bros abeg weytin be your number make I send you a DM. Or email me
Dreyton36:
Its a wonderful experience really , especially when you're sponsoring yourself
I had so many thoughts on my head walahi
1. Na me sit down inside aeroplane so ?
2. Na me they use my money fly to obodo oyibo?
3. When will I see my family again?
4. I must not come back without Benz
When I landed omg , I realised that coronavirus cannot even kill us I Nigeria cuz we live in a bedgraggled environment in naija

Abroad sweet abeg, everywhere clean
Hit me up for your sure visas to all European countries
There's also a sure Canada visa application going on
No scam zone
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
dancok:
chai, i just finished one
keep some for me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
First time i travelled to Nigeria, as landed at MMA lagos the heat hit my face, in just few minutes i was sweating like a christmas Turkey. The whole airport smelt horrible, the toilet was filty with a brown 6 inches shiit starring angrily at me as if to be asking what da fu ck are you doing in Nigeria? no water to wash hands after using the toilet or flush. everyone was asking to be "dashed" something i even thought for one minute that the shiit in that toilet was about to demand for "dash" too the way it was starring at me. The noise was excruciating. People screaming while hawking their various wares, defecating and urinating everywhere, the hotel was filty, no electricity, i was told that the generator isn't on, what?!! I yelled, generator?!! but however, above all i enjoyed my 3 weeks stay in Nigeria. Nigerian women, food, weed and palm wine i enjoyed. grin i ve been to Nigeria more than a dozen times since then, in Nigeria if you are moneyd you are a King or queen.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kuficking: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Wow
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by iLegendd(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
prehistoric would be the world cheesy
nigeria is a prehistoric geographical zone grin grin

You're right, but that sounds too advanced to use in referring to Nigeria. Ape-ward (my newly invented word to refer to Naija) sounds better so that Obasanjo, Buhari, Oshiomole, etc. will know the meaning faster even without checking the dictionary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by zudozz: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
I no even go abroad na South Africa I go.. My mouth shut becos wetin I see for Cape Town mouth no fit talk am.

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
iLegendd:

You're right, but that sounds too advanced to use in referring to Nigeria. Ape-ward (a my newly invented word to refer to Naija) sounds better so that Obasanjo, Buhari, etc. will know the meaning faster even without checking the dictionary.
grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by IkemChris(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
Felt calm and relieved, it was like heaven not until I heard wake up jare see as you dey laugh like mumu for your sleep go baff jor morning don reach..... Mehn I felt like dying embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
keep some for me cheesy cheesy cheesy
i will send tru DHL
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Creativebae(f): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
Dunno oo
I have never travelled abroad ni sad

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Ykc2(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
there tomatoes here are very beautiful in appearance but their avocado pear are just like our own
in Italy there are more than 20 different types of tomatoes ,if you see tomatoes for Italo oga you go understand say there is difference between capital B and cow foot print grin some salad tomatoes in Italy is more sweeter than apple italo get tomatoes oooh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by uthlaw: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive dia in the late hour of the night.
Have a nice chicken and wine for dinner, let went to bed.
Opor

5am nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda street, oke-ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by golddare: 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

How did you feel when you arrived your destination?

Let us know how it was.

You go feel like person wey God give transfer from hell to heaven then later you go dey cry for the people you left in hell and finally cursing the people in charge of the hell.

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.