Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? (27903 Views)

Have You Ever Married Someone Against Your Parents Wish? / If A Girl Or Lady Toasts You, Will You Accept? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
perhaps it could be reasons honed from love... perhaps it could be reasons that has to do with his or her money.

what will you do if your parents refuses to give you their consent or permission to go on and marry that guy or lady?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Neroiam(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
Your wish should be thiers' also... No be dem go stay with the woman.
They can advise but the decision is solely yours to make.
This is 21st century... Nobody dey marry for person nowadays

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
unless you want to spend the rest of your life with your parents, there comes a time in your life when you have to make your own decisions (and stand by them regardless of what anyone believes)

170 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
SADLY, THE TOOTHLESS YOUTHS OF TODAY HARDLY THINK OR MAKE DECISIONS FOR THEMSELVES.

THEY LET THESE OLD CARGOES MAKE THEIR ENTIRE LIFE PLANS FOR THEM BECAUSE OF THE DUMB SAYING THAT "WHAT AN ELDER CAN SEE WHILE SITTING, A YOUNG MAN WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE CLIMBS A MOUNTAIN". RUBBISH. HOW CAN AN OLD FARMER WHO HAS NEVER LEFT THE HUTS IN YOUR VILLAGE KNOW MORE THAN AN EDUCATED, EXPERIENCED MODERN PERSON LIKE YOU WHO HAS BEEN TO SEVERAL PARTS OF THE WORLD? undecided

MANY PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S BAD MARRIAGES AND CERTAIN CALAMITIES. THEY'VE LIVED THEIR LIVES. WILL YOU LET THEM LIVE YOURS?

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by bantty10(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2020
never !! my happiness matters to me alot

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
For now NO. in the future YES.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by nlPoster: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
Such things are based on a lot of factors:

Is it the culture where you come from, to marry someone your parents disapprove of

What reasons did your parents give

Why are you marrying someone your parents don't want you to marry

How involved are your parents with you and your decisions as an adult

10 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by luvyaself95(m): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
Like someone above me wrote a time will come that you will have to be making decision yourself and that is because your parents can't make it for you forever.
The time start when it suppose to.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2020
nlPoster:
Such things are based on a lot of factors:

Is it the culture where you come from, to marry someone your parents disapprove of

What reasons did your parents give

Why are you marrying someone your parents don't want you to marry

How involved are your parents with you and your decisions as an adult

... you forgot the most important question:
- are you gonna live your married life with your parents or you spouse?
- whats more important in such issue, whats best for YOU or whats best for your parents?
- why would your parent have a say in who you want to spend the rest of your life with?
- how old are you that you cant even choose your future wife by yourself?
- would you rather be happy in life while others are upset with your choices OR miserable in life while others are happy with your choices?

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2020
masterflowx:
Oya OSU people over to you...
another mumu post by Nairaland number one.very jobless boy...so so trash on every thread. i go slap sense into ur head soon,illiterate

see am dey call people osu..slaps

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 4:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

Now tell me why I shouldn't listen to my parents?

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:
my parents have always insisted we marry our fellow Igbos yet only Yoruba guys come for me

the important questions would be: do you put that much importance on tribe? and/or what type of guys YOU go after?

2 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Omar09:
I will listen to my parents especially my mom if she has a valid reason that has nothing to do with Tribalism.

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time. Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

its called LIFE, and just as much people listen to their parent's choices and FAIL MISERABLY...

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
Omar09:

My uncle when he wanted to get married brought home a woman who was very beautiful, but his mom refused saying she's a single mom with kids tho his mom was just seeing the woman for the first time.
Long story short, my uncle went ahead with the marriage and today....! He is wrecked! By the same woman his mom warned him about. He's mom's late (rest her soul). Now my uncle just found out this year that his wife had five kids for the first husband.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE WRECKED AFTER FOLLOWING THEIR PARENTS ADVICE?

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

the important questions would be: do you put that much importance on tribe? and/or what type of guys YOU go after?
No,I don't put importance on that.

Go after guys? You mean my spec or who I go heed over heels for? If you meant the former,they are simple: dark,tall,atheist/theist,any tribe or race,smart,introvert etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE WRECKED AFTER FOLLOWING THEIR PARENTS ADVICE?

Not my problem! We were not talking about those one.

18 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Omar09(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

its called LIFE, and just as much people listen to their parent's choices and FAIL MISERABLY...

True.
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

... you forgot the most important question:
- are you gonna live your married life with your parents or you spouse?
- whats more important in such issue, whats best for YOU or whats best for your parents?
- why would your parent have a say in who you want to spend the rest of your life with?
- how old are you that you cant even choose your future wife by yourself?
- would you rather be happy in life while others are upset with your choices OR miserable in life while others are happy with your choices?

IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE LAUNCHING THIS THREAD.
ABLE BODIED ADULTS EVEN UP TO 50 YEARS OLD ALLOW THEIR PARENTS DECIDE FOR THEM.
IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR UP TO 15 YEARS, WILL DECIDE NOT TO MARRY THEMSELVES, NOT BECAUSE OF ANY PERSONAL DIFFERENCES, BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MAN'S MOTHER DOESN'T LIKE THE GIRL, OR THE GIRL'S PARENTS WON'T LET HER MARRY FROM OUTSIDE THEIR CHURCH.
YOU CAN NEVER CONVINCE THESE FOOLS THAT THEIR PARENTS ARE FALLIBLE BECAUSE THEY ALREADY SEE THEIR PARENTS AS SECOND IN COMMAND AFTER GOD.
THEIR PARENTS TELL THEM WHO TO MARRY, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO, SOME EVEN WHAT TO WEAR. AND THESE ARE GROWN PEOPLE, MY MAN, IS IT NOT CRAZY?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:
No,I don't put importance on that.

Go after guys? You mean my spec or who I go heed over heels for? If you meant the former,they are simple: dark,tall,atheist/theist,any tribe or race,smart,introvert etc

then i suggest you have a serious discussion with your parents on the issue, because you will either clash along the way OR possibly settle for less to please them... unless you are lucky enough to find the perfect match and he is exactly what your parents wished for.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:
perhaps it has been written in heaven that u ll end up with ndi ofĂ© mmanĂșgrin

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by lepasharon(f): 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Omar09:

And what if you're parents tell you to marry them and they end up making your life miserable?

6 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
Omar09:

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I KNEW WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE LAUNCHING THIS THREAD.
IT'S ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR UP TO 15 YEARS, WILL DECIDE NOT TO MARRY THEMSELVES, NOT BECAUSE OF ANY PERSONAL DIFFERENCES, BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE THE MAN'S MOTHER DOESN'T LIKE THE GIRL, OR THE GIRL'S PARENTS WON'T LET HER MARRY FROM OUTSIDE THEIR CHURCH.
YOU CAN NEVER CONVINCE THESE FOOLS THAT THEIR PARENTS ARE FALLIBLE BECAUSE THEY ALREADY SEE THEIR PARENTS AS SECOND IN COMMAND AFTER GOD.
THEIR PARENTS TELL THEM WHO TO MARRY, WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO, SOME EVEN WHAT TO WEAR. AND THESE ARE GROWN PEOPLE, MY MAN, IS IT NOT CRAZY?
many soul mates and true lovers have been splitter because of their parents bigotry and tribalism.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by nlPoster: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Is something bothering you?

Especially considering this post of yours:

CAPSLOCKED:
CHIWETALU AGU'S CHARM CAN RUIN YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY THOUGH.

https://www.nairaland.com/5716960/devil-cant-curse-what-god#87136303
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by nlPoster: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Is it that hard to meet Igbo guys if you really wanted to date them?
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

many dont marry for love and/or the desire to spend the rest of their natural life with their chosen one, they do so to appease family/society/religion. so many have been brainwashed by their parents since childhood about this marriage thingy, since childhood they have been told to find a specific person (tribe/religion/class/gender/complexion etc) to bring home, and sadly, you marrying someone goes deeper than just the two of you.... their parents will use that as a bragging right in the community, so its very important to them that you marry who they desire so that THEY can be happy. because sadly in their failed mindset, THEIR happiness is much more important than yours.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by gozie112(m): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
masterflowx:
ur father

4 Likes

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
nlPoster:

Is something bothering you?

Especially considering this post of yours:

https://www.nairaland.com/5716960/devil-cant-curse-what-god#87136303

I'M ALRIGHT.

MrBrownJay1:

many dont marry for love and/or the desire to spend the rest of their natural life with their chosen one, they do so to appease family/society/religion. so many have been brainwashed by their parents since childhood about this marriage thingy, since childhood they have been told to find a specific person (tribe/religion/class/gender/complexion etc) to bring home, and sadly, you marrying someone goes deeper than just the two of you.... their parents will use that as a bragging right in the community, so
its very important to them that you marry who they desire so that THEY can be happy. because sadly in their failed mindset, THEIR happiness is much more important than yours.

THIS IS QUITE UNFORTUNATE. AND TODAY'S YOUNG MINDS ALLOW THEIR PARENTS GET AWAY WITH THESE THINGS BECAUSE THEY CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THEIR PARENTS EMOTIONS. THIS IS STUPID.

Michellekabod2:
many soul mates and true lovers have been split because of their parents bigotry and tribalism.

OUR YOUTHS SUBSCRIBE TO THE "WHAT AN ELDER CAN SEE WHILE SITTING, A YOUNG MAN WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE CLIMBS A MOUNTAIN" MANTRA. THIS IS INSULTING TO OUR INTELLIGENCE I SWEAR.

HOW CAN AN OLD PALMWINE DRINKING UNCLE FROM THE CAVE IN YOUR VILLAGE KNOW MORE THAN YOU WHO IS ADVANCED IN MANY FIELDS OF STUDY? cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M ALRIGHT.

THIS IS QUITE UNFORTUNATE. AND TODAY'S YOUNG MINDS ALLOW THEIR PARENTS GET AWAY WITH THESE THINGS BECAUSE THEY CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THEIR PARENTS EMOTIONS. THIS IS STUPID.

OUR YOUTHS SUBSCRIBE TO THE "WHAT AN ELDER CAN SEE WHILE SITTING, A YOUNG MAN WILL NEVER SEE EVEN WHEN HE CLIMBS A MOUNTAIN" MANTRA. THIS IS INSULTING TO OUR INTELLIGENCE I SWEAR.

HOW CAN AN OLD PALMWINE DRINKING UNCLE FROM THE CAVE IN YOUR VILLAGE KNOW MORE THAN YOU WHO IS ADVANCED IN MANY FIELDS OF STUDY? cheesy

hmm
Re: Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? by MadeINchenzen2: 10:33am On Mar 04, 2020
masterflowx:
what do u mean?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Rich Men Are Not Worth Marrying Even With Their Billions / What Is The Best Cream For Someone Who Is Dark And Oily In Complexion? / What Advice Would You Give To The Person Dating Your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.