Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? (2195 Views)

IPOB: Ohanaeze Writes Tinubu, Pleads For Kanu’s Release / Ekweremadu: Ohanaeze Writes UK Embassy, Issues Warning To Blackmailers / Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by RagaMufeen(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2020
Apex Igbo sociocultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has written an open letter to the Inspector General of Police over the sighting of herdsmen in possession of AK-47 in Anambra state.

The letter titled, The Road to Anarchy, signed by the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo told the IGP that they will not fold their arms and allow gun-toting marauding Fulani herdsmen to continue harassing, raping, maiming and killing them in their own homes.

It added that: “We are law-abiding, hospitable and always ready to coexist with others as friends and brothers but not as foes and at a supreme price. Enough is enough.”

The letter reads inter alia: “It is with a heart full of trepidation and responsibility that Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide brings to your notice a potentially explosive situation in Anambra State of Nigeria.

“The people of Umuawulu Community in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State saw four HERDSMEN with six Ak-47 rifles slung on their shoulders and riding two motor cycles and trailed them to Isiagu Community also in Awka South LGA where they reside.

“When the news of the brazen wielding of firearms spread across the council area, as law-abiding citizens, the stakeholders there convened a crucial meeting with the police and Fulani leaders in the State and raised the matter for deliberation.

“The stakeholders told the Fulani leaders in the presence of men of the State Investigation and Intelligence Bureau, SIIB, Awka that they were alarmed and surprised that their boys were flagrantly displaying arms in the public, unmindful of the legal implications of unlawful possession of firearms.

“The stakeholders expressed disappointment that security agencies did not make any attempt to arrest the offending Fulani boys, adding that if it were Igbo boys they would have been arrested, tortured and charged to court.

“But rather than explain what led to the carrying of arms by the boys, or even apologise on behalf of the boys, the Fulani leaders told the stakeholders to do their worst and walked out on them, saying that their boys must always bear arms to protect themselves against religious, ethnic or tribal attacks from any quarters, and there is nothing anybody can do.

“This, in the presence of law enforcement agents and nothing was actually done to arrest either the Fulani boys or their leaders for overtly declaring war on the people of Anambra State.

“The Inspector General of Police sir, Ohanaeze Ndigbo is alarmed by this wanton act because of the danger it portends. This raises the following questions:

https://thenationonlineng.net/ohanaeze-writes-igp-protests-sighting-herdsmen-with-ak47/amp/

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Plumville: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
Very valid question. I await IGP’s response patiently

9 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by chatinent: 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
I bet this government will ignore this constructive criticism.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Kundagarten: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
I will also like to know why.
Are the rest of us second class citizens?

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2020
The zoo IGP will not do anything

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by blackboy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
If it is true Fulani herdsmen carry AK47 they are terrorist militia herdsmen and should be arrested immediately and explain the source of the weapon.

It is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by DModeCntStopMe: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
shocked

Ohaneze Ndigbo just wasted ink, time and paper writing to a police chief who was appointed by a jihadist whose sole aim is the propagation and actualization of fulanization of the country

The earlier ohaneze realises we don't belong with this people the better

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by NextD18: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
So that they'll be able to protect cows, being the dearest things to Mr President.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
Because they are first class citizens under Buhari undecided

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by okpalaAnambra: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
Nice one...ohaneze have been impressing me recently, looks like they now have reasonable leaders...why are Fulani herdsmen allowed to carry AK-47

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Zendinho(m): 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Of recent this group have been firing from all cylinders....

It seems democracy is gradually being instill in the country with constructive and analytical criticisms....

Keep it up Ndigbo....

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by okpalaAnambra: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Exactly, or are we Anambra people inferior and second class citizens?
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Banmeallday: 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Nice one...ohaneze have been impressing me recently, looks like they now have reasonable leaders...why are Fulani herdsmen allowed to carry AK-47

Really? This is impressing you?

What would you do if they write that they are backing say Biafra/IPOB?

Would that cause you to pop Champaign or give Okike all the glory?

Ohaneze should have written that they hereby dissolve themselves and apologize to Ndigbo for all the years of sabotage, cowardice, bribe taking, selfishness, and total assistance in the destruction of the Eastern Region.

Then it will impress us that have been shaking our heads at them since 1999 election blunders

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by ERockson: 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
Instead of their stupid ass to form their own security unit like SW did, Their governors are opposing the legally formed Amotekun in a bid to lick Fulani black ass

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by nazicartel(m): 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
But seriously why are they allowed to Carry an asault riffle?... Though I haven't seen them before with a gun

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Homeboiy: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2020
Exercise in futility
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by awujale231: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
Southerners and their letters
How much more obvious can the Fulanis make their mission ??

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Ojiofor: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2020
Where was the community police Umahi was talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
We carry military assault rifles cause we can, and we definitely need those as a means to defend ourselves. What lots of you hypocrites who pander to the sensationalism of the one-sided media is that many of our people have been killed in unprovoked situations, of course they only report the occasions when we fight back, cause for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction right? We are not going anywhere, if una like threaten us with media noise and incessant letters to whomever cares to read and listen, we will graze our cattle in any part of Nigeria, challenge us and have your heads decapitated, we like your women too so that helps better cause they won't have to be lonely widows. Dan buru ba, Masu yin amo.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
awujale231:
Southerners and their letters
How much more obvious can the Fulanis make their mission ??
Cause that's all you people are good at, noise and media flirting.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by gidgiddy: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
Fulani herdsmen carrying AK47, killing people, raping women and burning down communities are terrorists? Of course they are not terrorists!

In 2018, both Garuba Shehu, Presidential media advicer, and Lier Mohamed, Information Minister, both said that IPOB that have only flags are terrorists while herdsmen with AK47 are not terrorists.

To protest with flag is terrorism, but to carry AK47 and kill people is not terrorism

Ok, we hear

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2020
gidgiddy:
Fulani herdsmen carrying AK47, killing people, raping women and burning down communities are terrorists? Of course they are not terrorists!

In 2018, both Garuba Shehu, Presidential media advicer, and Lier Mohamed, Information Minister, both said that IPOB that have only flags are terrorists while herdsmen with AK47 are not terrorists.

To protest with flag is terrorism, but to carry AK47 and kill people is not terrorism

Ok, we hear
We own the South, save your tears for those you can impress with your sob story.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Gabriel004: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
If the IGP gives answer to this. Make my left ball burst.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Mykel51(m): 7:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

We own the South, save your tears for those you can impress with your sob story.

You think so... You own NOTHING...You had better wake from your illusion... If not for Mr. Incompetence who has no respect for the rule of law, would you even be saying this ?

Impunity, Lawlessness has an expiry date and I tell you it's one day less from today !

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mykel51:

You think so... You own NOTHING...You had better wake from your illusion... If not for Mr. Incompetence who has no respect for the rule of law, would you even be saying this ?

Impunity, Lawlessness has an expiry date and I tell you it's one day less from today !
You people talk too much, very emotional yet weak... like I said, we've already conquered the South... I'll just leave it at that.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Mykel51(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

You people talk too much, very emotional yet weak... like I said, we've already conquered the South... I'll just leave it at that.

Wake up from your sleep, what exactly did you conquer ?

By hiding in bushes to kidnap people ?

Weak...lol...you don't even know the definition of weakness...you are the ones who live in fear and are WEAK...If not, your brothers won't roam bushes with AK-47 !

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Hotspotbro(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
More material evidence to leave this place for greener pastures.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mykel51:

Wake up from your sleep, what exactly did you conquer ?
Go around your immediate communities as a tour to satisfy your curiosity, and your questions will be answered.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Mykel51(m): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

Go around your immediate communities as a tour to satisfy your curiosity, and your questions will be answered.

Well, in my community, all I see is development and positive growth, not people pushing cows and holding Ak-47 or kidnappers who hide in the bushes with wild animals.
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Tobrasky: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mykel51:

Well, in my community, all I see is development and positive growth, not people pushing cows and holding Ak-47 or kidnappers who hide in the bushes with wild animals.
Where are you from!
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by Mykel51(m): 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

Where are you from!

Southern Nigeria !
Re: Ohanaeze Writes IGP: Why Are Fulani Herdsmen Allowed To Carry AK-47? by backnbeta(f): 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
Plumville:
Very valid question. I await IGP’s response patiently
He will ignore this valid question because he can't tell us why undecided

BTW, all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others...we are in the animal farm undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Expect On July 26th During The Trial Of MAZI Nnamdi Kanu / Photos Of President Buhari And South East Leaders In Imo State / Nnamdi Kanu: FG absent as Abia High Court adjourns case till October 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.