Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom (32075 Views)

Police Take Over Cross River Assembly / Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme’s Confirmation As CJ, Again, Post Vacant / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2020
Flyingngel:
Beachside post:

A united and progressive Calabar (Akwacross) is preferred ,but for now I feel Akwa ibom can not be trusted. They think they have it all just due to baseless and unsustainable tangible development and 90 percent offshore oil which Uyo and Ikot ekepene have none of . They breed like rabbits and multiply poverty everywhere ,and they are not looking to unite,assimilate or accept Efik Calabarian methods as the standard and official.
I support denial of the Akwa ibom judge and the appointment of the judge as long as he is from Cross river. that's why there should be ID database to separate wheat from chaff.
On another thread, an akwa ibom individual was bragging that he was born and raised in calabar and ibibio will take over. His Allegiance is to Akwa ibom ,not cross river.
I am American born and raised and mixed race and I qualify to be Governor of Cross river than that guy . it's about roots ,not born and raised.
I don't care if an individual was born and lived ,school and worked all his life in Calabar, you are not from there and should be expelled if you do not pay allegiance to Calabar methods.
There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom within the next 30 years . The only seaport on plan within the next 4 years is the Calabar seaport at Akpabuyo which will serve the entire cross river and the Greater Calabar area including Akwa ibom.
Apart from English ,Efik is the standard and official language of the Cross river and Akwa ibom ,and is in the process of being registered by google.
If Akwa ibom does not agree with these methods, all akwa ibom people should be expelled from cross river and a border wall built., all other mthods will be implemented to punish Akwa ibom forever.

Who did this to you? So from your myopic understanding Akwa Ibom shld accept Efik as their official language when there is no local government here that speak Efik.
By the way who was that person that mandated Efik people to accept Ibibio language as their main language?
To the sea port wetin consign Ibom deep sea port and calabar port? why don't you build your own while Akwa ibom do the same.
I doubt you are from Cross River State but remember one day a Cross Riverian will climb up to the last level in service in another state she is married to and same will happen.
You quoted a mad man.
Just look at the abundance of nonsense things he wrote...Tufia, some people are still in the 19th century.

Leave such people next time.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ustanejnr(m): 9:54am On Mar 04, 2020
READ THIS: All this bushmen and women writing trash here are from northern part of the state call Atam, the can't even speak Efik the claim to be official language. I was born and finished my secondary school in calabar. The bitter truth remain Akwaibomite r superior, so what do u expect from atam people :FEAR of dominating , that's the main reason we part ways .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2020
kingkakaone:

You speak as if the East is different in actions like this.

Need I remind you of the catholic bishop that was rejected in imo state because he wasn't from mbaise even though he is igbo?

You want me to remind you of how each state in the east weeded other easterners from their civil service years ago because they were not from that particular state?

Can you leave your state and seek for political appointment in another Eastern state? If no, why comment like a child?

You have always displayed your bigotry in this forum on a daily basis and it has always been overlooked.

My comment was simple but seems many didn't get the message and my message was directed to Nnamdi kanu.

Biafra agitation of today is different from that of 1967.

What I am saying is simple and straight Nnamdi kanu's biafra agitation should be solely about Igbo nation....no addition no deduction.....With that nobody will accuse Igbos of forcing them into what they don't want.

I am very diplomatic and straightforward and that's my message. kanu should take a restep and his agitation for a nation will be only Igbo nation of biafra.

That's my message....Get the info.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2020
-

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2020
powerhouse3:
.....News like this get you high ,giving you reverie,.. and you forgot that Theodore orji did worst to IMO people..... I think you should concentrate on how to unite Nnamdi KANU and uwazurike to be on the page so that Biafra can come speedily.....

lastly ,its seem to me ,you're from Ebonyi....ishi

I don't give a damn about both whether uwazuluike or kanu.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

You are a very irresponsible and stupid fellow. In some threads you go about insulting Yorubas, in some you insult Igbo people from other states;even the Nnamdi Kanu you are endorsing here usually receives insult from you. You have now come on this thread to insult people of the Niger Delta and Akwa Cross peeps. It seems your mission here is to drag the image of Igbo people in the mud. Better straighten up your ways and stop behaving like a sick fellow.

If my opinion gets you irritated then stop reading and move on.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2020
Zooposki:

South South approves this. Even two brothers from the same household fights.

Are you sure? If so, why did South South and South East people nealy destroy Amechi for standing against Jonathan? I am sure you are one of those that shouted to high heaven.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

My comment was simple but seems many didn't get the message and my message was directed to Nnamdi kanu.

What I am saying is simple and straight Nnamdi kanu's biafra agitation should be solely about Igbo nation....no addition no deduction.....With that nobody will accuse Igbos of forcing them into what they don't want.

I am very diplomatic and straightforward and that's my message. kanu should take a restep and his agitation for a nation will be only Igbo nation of biafra.

who asked you for this explanation or message? Akwa Ibom and Cross River are doing business in their topic, u come here and start talking what nobody ask u. Is the topic about Niger Delta or biafra? Don't be a fool

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:

U don't need us nd yet ur god is making noise about south south being a part of Biafra. U don't need us nd yet ur pple r using every social media forum to educate us on how we're brothers nd how we shud all support Biafra. We know who u are so no need to bother urself

Meet those that are educating and preaching sermons to you not us. If you meet them lament to them not us

We no need una....QED.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:

My advocacy for a united Akwa cross has nothing to do with unity begging nor do I think Akwa ibom has any more potential than Cross river. Based on my personal assessment,I think Cross river has more potential than Akwa ibom . I speak concrete facts because I have classified info . There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom anytime soon. In fact, there may be no Akwa ibom as it is today in 7 years .
Based on my interactions and what I know , Efik does not want unity with Akwa ibom people ,neither does Ogoja and the rest.
Cross river is 3 times larger than Akwa ibom and receives only $9 million dollars per month .Akwa ibom receives $55 Million dollars per month ,which isn't utilized efficiently.
There are thousands of akwa ibom people living in Cross river ,but there's not up to 200 people from cross river living in Akwa ibom.

May be you guys think everyone on this forum is Nigerian or lives in Nigeria. I know more about Nigeria and Africa than most who live there.
I think most Nigerians(including the ones who live in developed countries) are ignorant,uneducated(jungle education) with primitive jungle mentality, that's why Nigeria is a third world shiithole .
I'm American born and raised,Efik dad, though lived in Nigeria for 3 years. I think the Calabarians (Akwacross) should be more united. Based on my interactions with some Efik people , I doubt any wants unification with Akwa ibom. Infact, they oppose my idea about Akwacross unity.
Every idea and insinuations about akwa cross unity I post on this forum is my lone personal idea and has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.
I think it's a shame the (calabarians) Akwacross people are the most divisive ,they're viewed as weak and docile,and they really are. .
You said there's not up to 200 Cross River indegens living in Akwa ibom... That alone made me know you act just like every other bigoted tribalistic e-warriors in this forum.

So you have a personal count of how many people live outside your state? Dude seriously?
And stop the crap about living in the US, someone in that environment and with education can't have such mentality.
If all your points are analyzed, your certificates will be questioned.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2020
ezenwajosh:

That's no zone that's artificial creation
DO YOU HAVE
NORTH NORTH
WEST WEST
EAST EAST
UPPER LAGOS

LOWER LAGOS

UPPER KANO

LOWER KANO

We have north Central...
Don't be clever by half.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Which useless Biafra? grin go and do your findings, hardly will you see any SS that wants to be included in that scam.

Learn to read. Nobody needs you guys in there. already the scam is between Akwaibom and Cross river and you are here talking about scam.

My message was straight, SS in biafra is an anathena to God and fairness to man. We don't need that....QED.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Blackking98(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:
All three accounts I've ever had on this forum,beachlife,beachtime ,including this one has always posted positive suggestions and comments on Akwa ibom's development. go look at the search history.
Whenever I advocate and post about Akwacross unity , I was surprised I got frequently opposed by the same Akwa ibom monikers like the ones on the first 2 pages saying "there's no such things as akwacross" or "unity beggar"etc, and that pissed me off recently . If you think they are not one and there's no such thing as Akwa cross ,why are you bothered about the judge being denied. why are there thousands of Akwa ibom people living in Cross river ,but there's not up to 200 people from Cross river living in Akw ibom?

That's why I support the denial of the Akwa ibom judge. I now support expulsion of all Akwa ibom people from Cross river because one Akwa ibom moniker on this forum commented and derailed my thread saying he was born and raised in calabar and ibibio will take over. that pissed me off.
In fact, I no longer post about akwa cross unity.

I will not bother replying all the fools who quoted me . Go read my comments to understand . I support Akwacross unity ,you oppose akwacross unity ,yet salty about judge being denied .
See mumu. Come and expel us na. Starting with me precisely, I live at Marian by crunches. Come and expel me from calabar if you won't find your head in a shrine. Nonesense grin. You're neither Akwa Ibom nor Cross river but u carry our matter on your head like gala and lacasera along ibadan express grin . Ishie mkpo, kpodo anie esid di mbene sio Calabar, odiok Ono fi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I don't give a BS into your Biafra ideology, I quoted you because you trash talked SS which I'm from.
Nobody gives a damn about what you will do in your biafra, you shouldn't insult the SS to express your opinion.

The points I gave you explained that your people are also intolerant of each other and that's a fact you can't dispute.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by PDJT: 10:05am On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
Lostz:
many communal clashes that lead to lost of life happen in Igbo state; we always see them on front page
[/s]
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2020
Blackking98:
who asked you for this explanation or message? Akwa Ibom and Cross River are doing business in their topic, u come here and start talking what nobody ask u. Is the topic about Niger Delta or biafra? Don't be a fool

Lol

Look at this one that is always seen around any Igbo thread... forming saint Petersburg...

My explanation is simple and straightforward and that's how it should be. Kanu must retrace his footsteps by fire by force.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by ubcandid(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You can't place exactly meaning it is a pure lie and fabrications.
Please do google it. I cant place exactly meant, i cant place if it was imo or abia state that rejected her, but the issue was between them.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by PDJT: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
Lostz:
I don't need to waste my time doing that. there are Igbo's on nairaland who attack Abians and Ebonyi State
[/s]
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2020
richPHAROAH:
akwa ibom pipu are too wicked, they will never make a cross river man their chief judge. why do they want cross river to make a non indigene like them chief judge?
But by virtue of marriage she is a Crossriverian. Perhaps you did not read the article.
Nigerians have a very long way to go, I swear!
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by PDJT: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
ubcandid:
Please do google it. I cant place exactly meant, i cant place if it was imo or abia state that rejected her, but the issue was between them.
[/s]
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2020
kingkakaone:

I don't give a BS into your Biafra ideology, I quoted you because you trash talked SS which I'm from.
Nobody gives a damn about what you will do in your biafra, you shouldn't insult the SS to express your opinion.

The points I gave you explained that your people are also intolerant of each other and that's a fact you can't dispute.

It is highly disputable and also disputable. If the topic had been the other way round the thread should have reached 12 pages now.

SS are intolerant and shouldn't be allowed to dwell in midst of sane people. Nobody befriends an intolerant and riotous region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2020
ubcandid:

Sounds more like a gossip.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by PDJT: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Good move from Cross River Assembly. You don't see Cross Riverians invading Akwa Ibom as they do. They don't like to be flexible or acknowledge that Cross River is unique and independent, they don't like to embrace diversity, an average Akwa Ibomite is rigid and unaccommodating. Stay in your lane.

-Those Books you sale, are they on Tribalism or Racism?
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:14am On Mar 04, 2020
obailala:
She's even married to a Cross Rivers person. Africans and this our ethnic dumbness. After we go to other nations and call it racism when we're denied certain rights.
It is such a pity bro
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by richPHAROAH: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
But by virtue of marriage she is a Crossriverian. Perhaps you did not read the article.
Nigerians have a very long way to go, I swear!
na this is nigeria. we have not developed to that point. by virtue of the constitution a housa man is nigerian and should be able to be governor of cross river state. but this shit dont work like that. be realistic with yourself, it till save you time.
this is nigeria not america. let her go and be chief judge of akwa ibom
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by PDJT: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2020
Chi59:
That's the hoax of "my husbands state of origin is my new state of origin".
My mama up till now claims edo as her state of origin in civil service and its working for her instead of claiming Imo.
Marriage doesn't change your state of origin and when it truly matters, those who call you "our wife" will disown you like they did this woman.

-Very sad. Isn’t it?
-This situation is one of those worries I have for my wives, in the failed State called “One Nigeria”.
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by richPHAROAH: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2020
Plead:

But Ikeme abi ikene mom is from cross river...doesn’t that make her a cross riverine
it does make her a cross riverian by marriage but it dosnt work like that bud. naija hasnt developed to that point. under civilized circumstances she dosnt even need to be married to a cross riverian to be chief judge of crs. but this is nigeria , not usa
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Edygrin(m): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Airport that is located in Forest? can you boldly go there at night alone without shivering? compare that to Cross River Airport in Town grin

So why you all don't like staying in your state? you invade CRS but you're not willing to be flexible and to accept your host way of life instead you want to establish your own and enforce your language grin I pray Ayade sends all AKB out of CRS civil service completely
forest lol.... Please share pictures of the airport in the forest, you can as well use Google.... What can the airport in calabar boast of?... Airport that can't land big planes... Ayade better start doing it fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by UnimkeAk(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2020
Edusteve:
So all that noise of Akwacross is just for media attention. Believe me Nigeria as a country is totally divided forget media noise
Do u know that over 5 commissioners and SSA to the governor are from Aks....
Mention any Cross Riverian that has even been in Aks govt, then we can talk.
The are countless in the civil services
Countless as chiefs and community leaders.

It cannot be a one-sided affair.
Bleep political correctness not backed by law.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:23am On Mar 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Where are those nonsense akwacross people...you think you can combine akwacross and leave Biafra, you never see
chai u don finish me with laff grin Biadra will never grant them independence cuz that would be a recipe for another South Sudan
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by emapeteum(m): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2020
Beachside:

My advocacy for a united Akwa cross has nothing to do with unity begging nor do I think Akwa ibom has any more potential than Cross river. Based on my personal assessment,I think Cross river has more potential than Akwa ibom . I speak concrete facts because I have classified info . There will be no seaport at Akwa ibom anytime soon. In fact, there may be no Akwa ibom as it is today in 7 years .
Based on my interactions and what I know , Efik does not want unity with Akwa ibom people ,neither does Ogoja and the rest.
Cross river is 3 times larger than Akwa ibom and receives only $9 million dollars per month .Akwa ibom receives $55 Million dollars per month ,which isn't utilized efficiently.
There are thousands of akwa ibom people living in Cross river ,but there's not up to 200 people from cross river living in Akwa ibom.

May be you guys think everyone on this forum is Nigerian or lives in Nigeria. I know more about Nigeria and Africa than most who live there.
I think most Nigerians(including the ones who live in developed countries) are ignorant,uneducated(jungle education) with primitive jungle mentality, that's why Nigeria is a third world shiithole .
I'm American born and raised,Efik dad, though lived in Nigeria for 3 years. I think the Calabarians (Akwacross) should be more united. Based on my interactions with some Efik people , I doubt any wants unification with Akwa ibom. Infact, they oppose my idea about Akwacross unity.
Every idea and insinuations about akwa cross unity I post on this forum is my lone personal idea and has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.
I think it's a shame the (calabarians) Akwacross people are the most divisive ,they're viewed as weak and docile,and they really are. .
I really appreciate this wonderful writeup. What we need is unity not division. This problem has made us look stupid and being used by the Nigerian government to deprived our people of their God-given natural resources. How pleasant it is for brethren to leave in peace
Re: Cross River Assembly Rejects Ikpeme As Chief Justice Because She’s From AkwaIbom by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

It is highly disputable and also disputable. If the topic had been the other way round the thread should have reached 12 pages now.

SS are intolerant and shouldn't be allowed to dwell in midst of sane people. Nobody befriends an intolerant and riotous region.
Between the SS and SE which zone is more intolerant?
The East is the number one most intolerant zone in Nigeria today.

The numbers of Easterners in other zones far outweighs the numbers of all others zones put together in the East.

Easterners are all over other zones doing businesses, living and working, some are also engged in politics like on in my state who's from enugu.
You should know that your people don't accept others, not even themselves.

Even your intolerance is seen among yourselves. Those from Anambra see others from enugu as something else, the ones from imo are fighting against those from abia, or you want to deny these claims?

Don't get started please, this route and tide is against you.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Runing Mate: Tinubu Meets APC Chairman, 11 Northern Governors / Abonnema Community Celebrates 54th Year Of Libration From Biafra By Nigeria / INEC Releases Continuous Voter's Registration Data As At July 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.