Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC (87488 Views)

Day-Old Baby Dumped In Polythene Bag Rescued In Lagos / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by YoungPerson(m): 9:17am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:
Yoruba wey dey put amala inside leather, shey una dey hear?
You're crazy
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2020
missimelda01:
What's the alternative?
Don't say paper bags cos we can't use that to wrap fufu and amala undecided

Leaves, actually.

That's what we use to wrap pounded yam in Ondo state.

Besides, we also cook moinmoin with leaves too.

1 Like

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Emu4life:
Everybody for naija for don geh cancer be that nahgrin
how do you know they don't have?
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Le2money(m): 9:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Definition of leather

kestolove95:
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2020
mascot87:
Please who can help me on how to reach prophet TB Joshua today. It's very important. My life is almost ruined

Open a thread and tell us what's the matter.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by macklef(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2020
LordAzubuike:

Oga shut up and focus more on more important things in life. Person wey go die go die. Go find better thing do. The whites that made life easy for you weren't foolish.
U dont have to be abusive to make ur point.
Even the whites knows polyethene bags cause both environmental n biological damage to the society.
But there are no substitues that are cheaper n lighter for now n dey advice people to use other means if they have than plastic products.
But as u say whatever will still kill a man
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Bonjoro: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:

I never see where any Yoruba out amala inside leather, no same person will put amala inside leather, hw will someone wrap amala inside leather self? When it’s not nylon.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Bonjoro: 9:24am On Mar 04, 2020
LosC:

Bush girl indeed. A very typical one grin

So she actually called nylon a leather?
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by mascot87(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2020
FrLukas:

Open a thread and tell us what's the matter.

My problem is more like a curse. A huge curse that only God can solve. I had an altercation with someone last year & it led to curses from both sides. Mine was out of anger of which I regret my action afterwards & I don't mean every word I said. However, I guess the person went further after that incidence & since that day, everything in my life have done down not to zero but negative.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Angelfrost(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2020
LordAzubuike:

Oga shut up and focus more on more important things in life. Person wey go die go die. Go find better thing do. The whites that made life easy for you weren't foolish.

How exactly does a person with even half a brain begin a sentence or response with insults or tirades??! How??!...

What exactly is wrong with most of you on this forum??!

It's not even your fault... I lowered my pristine standards by deigning to mention a nitwit.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Splendor27: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:
madam wetin be ur problem with Yoruba,,I have noticed ur comment of racist.
Dey ur dey....
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Angusonyeoma(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
wetin man no go hear or see for this naija
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Angusonyeoma(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2020
wetin man no go hear or see for this naija
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:

Thunder faya ya mada !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhpO7ZwmBgA
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 04, 2020
mascot87:

My problem is more like a curse. A huge curse that only God can solve. I had an altercation with someone last year & it led to curses from both sides. Mine was out of anger of which I regret my action afterwards & I don't mean every word I said. However, I guess the person went further after that incidence & since that day, everything in my life have done down not to zero but negative.

Seek the fellow out and make peace with him.

You'd be surprised he didn't do anything to you. You are just breathing life into your situation by allowing fear to master you.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by DModeCntStopMe: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2020
mascot87:
Please who can help me on how to reach prophet TB Joshua today. It's very important. My life is almost ruined

Come to Enugu and see Prophet Christopher Orji, he was one of the wise men at SCOAN. He recently opened his own ministry in Enugu

The City of Jesus International Ministry (COJIM)

Shallom!
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by lx3as(m): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2020
LosC:

Bush girl indeed. A very typical one grin
The same tribal girl is eating okpa cooked in nylon right now.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Comedian2019: 9:43am On Mar 04, 2020
mascot87:

I know God can do all things. Would I get solution to my problem TODAY if I talk to God about it even with the fact that I'm a sinner?
If you offend your loving dad, will your problem be solved by running away from home? Going to meet him to apologise is the best option. So don't run away from God. Read Isaiah 55:7 "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." - KJV

1 Like

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Lovelyn451(f): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2020
All they do in office is advice us on what we already know, ofcourse i enjoy my moi moi and okpa in akwukwo une (plantain leaves) bt living in urban city where u rarely find them has left me no option bt to eat in nylon..do we all live in the village? I even thought they created an alternative, dumb people...
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by SEGLIZ: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2020
mamaafrik:
Kuku kill us nigbana.........,na una talk say our Granm dey wron by using african Banana leave and teak leaves,now you wan change am Abi,wey thunder self

chairman thunder plenty which one you want?
just place your order for supply. dey use dey go na only one.

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2020
Plastic bags can be very dangrous to health, plastic bags are made out of petroleum by products.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Onlyonebuhari: 10:00am On Mar 04, 2020
Because those polythene and nylon contain Bisphenol A BP A. It is use to solidify them and when hot items are place in them, it melt some amount of BP A gradually and because BP A are carcinogenic, it causes mainly colon and skin cancer. So also frying using same oil many times also causes cancer cause at high temperature, protein become denatured.
Bathing with hot water in a plastic bucket and eating moi moi made with nylon releases BP A.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Timileyin1234(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:
Sho wapa

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by petitejolie(f): 10:07am On Mar 04, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Hausa/Fulani wey dey wrap fura and nunu inside leather, shey una dey hear?
fura and nunu is not hot na
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by slimbowwow(m): 10:07am On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=slimbowwow post=87153958][/quote] cheesy
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by akunjohn(m): 10:10am On Mar 04, 2020
IWTBAB:
dat pic na for ur papa abi Nairaland mumu

Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2020
macklef:

Exackly, hot bread is not good in nylon dey say, so how should it be packaged. With same leaves?
Its better to regulate d producers n give them best practices than telling us mot to eat.

Funny... Maybe we can package bread in cans grin grin grin
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by khome(f): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:
lol......you aint cwious
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by kitombo: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2020
anochuko01:

No be only leather....na jeans grin

Hausas actually call 'nylon', leather.
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by PapaAdanna: 10:36am On Mar 04, 2020
This trash ain't for us that are over flowing with immunity
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by flyking: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2020
kestolove95:

Maybe una(Igbo) to no dey wrap fufu inside nylon
Re: Packaging Food In Polythene Bags Causes Cancer – NAFDAC by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2020
Comedian2019:
Igbo people wey dey put Akpu inside nylon, una don hear? grin
comedian grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician / Stop Using Saliva As Sex Lubricant - Medical Expert Warns / 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.