Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,664 members, 7,805,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day (21399 Views)

Don't let Cultural Challenges make you immodest and vulgar person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by OgologoDimkpa: 9:55am On Mar 06, 2020
Confused people with confused religion shocked
Islam, Tufiakwa!!!

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by ThatFairGuy: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Pidginwhisper:
OP if this long epistle is about a stupid religion called islam. I’m sorry to say, You are mad. Ishak of Mumuric is also mad.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by daddio(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
OP if this long epistle is about a stupid religion called islam. I’m sorry to say, You are mad. Ishak of Mumuric is also mad.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by awujale231: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2020
I had to accept the Islamic creed to write this
I always knew this day would come, sooner or later all that money spent by Saudi, Kuwait, UAE and other sunni countries would pay off.

Nobody can destroy you from outside, you can only destroy yourself from within and these are the people to look out for.

I dare the writer to pen his thought on fulani culture, like the type Buhari's daughter attended. Uselesss Bastarrds

24 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Newnas(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2020
madridguy:
How could a Muslim school allowed the removal of hijab from her female students all in the name of culture? How could there be intermingling, dancing and drinking of palm wine ? What is cultural in gourd filled with palm wine for under age pupils and students? What is cultural in dancing to Naira Marley's lyrics and beats?

May Allah help and guide us to His path, Ameen.

My brother, many of these muslim schools are something else.

Just this morning, the 'muslim' school beside my house is taking their female pupils out for sports competition. Guess what? They're in jerseys and skimpier hijabs.

For most of them, it's more about money than Islam.

May Allaah grant us steadfastness.
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Chamber2000: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Newnas:

My brother, many of these muslim schools are something else.

Just this morning, the 'muslim' school beside my house is taking their female pupils out for sports competition. Guess what? They're in jerseys and skimpier hijabs.

For most of them, it's more about money than Islam.

May Allaah grant us steadfastness.
What do you want kids to wear for sports? I pity all these zealots

26 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Adekunlehappy: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2020
It's obvious that you're anti - Yoruba & Muslim, all your write up is nonsense, bcs, Culture come first b4 anything, so stop causing wahala here.

17 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Newnas(m): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2020
Chamber2000:
What do you want kids to wear for sports? I pity all these zealots

Secondary school girls with developed bodies are kids?! No wonder your choir members grow to become oloshos!
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Opexzy: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2020
AbuTwins:
Recently, I was amused and at the same time disturbed by the so called Yoruba day celebration as students and pupils adorned our streets with different Yoruba costumes and regalia. They were all celebrating culture and perhaps, traditions.

@Adeotan Tajudeen Abu Mardiyyah
https://www.facebook.com/tella.ajani/posts/2777831035644870

Ọmọ ale ní fí owó òsì júwe ilé bàbà ẹ. I am pained to the extent of almost shedding tears to see a son of the soil take side with foreign religion against your forefathers culture... Only bastards behaves this way.

What is wrong with you people. If i should ask you now how did you become a Muslim it's most likely because your parents are one. The same thing is applicable to Christians and the rest too and the chain continues like that.

When will you guys realize that religion in most cases, is about what comes to u first.

I repeat only a bastard son takes side with an outsider to destroy his own fathers house.

Check my signature.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by fortran12: 10:52am On Mar 06, 2020
AbuTwins:
Recently, I was amused and at the same time disturbed by the so called Yoruba day celebration as students and pupils adorned our streets with different Yoruba costumes and regalia. They were all celebrating culture and perhaps, traditions.

On the Facebook, thousands of pictures posted by teachers in various schools displaying what they know to be culture and cultural heritage. Some of the events were so 'thrilling' that the essence of the cultural day was abused with all sorts of cultural diffusion and innovations.

What is culture? Culture is material and immaterial aspects of a particular set of people transferred from generation to generation. Culture is both tangible and intangible. For instance, the way dog ear likened cap(fila abetiaja) and Agbada(flowing top) are sewn in Yoruba are cultural and tangible. But, family eulogy (oriki ebi), proverbs (owe) are intangible. Oríkì (Eulogy) can be historical and traditional... Hence, Ikoyi people have eulogy of bravery while Egba people have eulogy based on victory over adversities.

Culture are shared, transmitted, taught, unique and equally a symbol of identification. With a material symbol you can identify the source and people that practises it. Sociologically, some cultural practices die over time, when they had no promoters again, and some non existing cultural practices are picked up due to contact with another culture or through societal growth and development.

Islam has her own culture transmitted to us throughout ages. These cultural practices are backed by Islamic jurisprudential sources.. Quran, Sunnah,opinion of the Sahaabah, individual opinion of a Sahabah, qiyas, Istihsaan, Istislaah, Urf)...Throughout generations, Islam has a robust, unique, and upright cultural practices... These practices are spiritual, some are seen as act of Ibadah and others as integral aspects of a whole Islaam.

Today, Muslims are involved in provision of education under private schools authorisation by the government. The curriculum to be used in these schools is from the government, hence, Muslim schools are expected by the government to exercise one hundred percent compliance. Any contrary position may be viewed as being academic rebellion.

There are different types of Muslims' schools, we have Muslim proprietors' schools, the schools are owned by Muslims but they have no provision for Islaamic programmes and admits all and sundry.

Secondly, we have Islaamic schools, these are equally owned by Muslims that allow Islaamic ethics and etiquettes to have a place in their schools, but the Islaamic activities are used as dragnet to woo Muslim parents to their schools while the real motive of the proprietors are profit making, economic survival instincts and self actualisation. All the interests are purely personal.

The third category are ideological Islaamic schools, these are schools owned and established with the sole aim of Islam advancement. The schools are daawah centres, ideological base, Masaajid for reorientation, reformation and nurturing of Muslim children's soul. It can be compared to welfare home where deviant and delinquent children could be remoulded, guided and reformed.

How could a Muslim school allowed the removal of hijab from her female students all in the name of culture? How could there be intermingling, dancing and drinking of palm wine ? What is cultural in gourd filled with palm wine for under age pupils and students? What is cultural in dancing to Naira Marley's lyrics and beats?

How many Muslims schools bothered to investigate cultural practices before dabbling into it? What is the real meaning of horsetails (Irukere) and beads in Yoruba traditions? What are their evolution and usage? What is the relationship between IFA, Obatala and Irukere? Most Yoruba Muslims destroy their Tawheed on the basis of celebrating cultural practices.

Provision of Islaamic based mundane education is not meant for every Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna. You have to do it base on knowledge and clear intention. Today, some so called Muslim schools and teachers assist students in external examinations. Then, where is Islaam in what they are doing? It is better to remove the apron of Islaamic school from their bodies, so that people can know their true identity.

It is not a crime to promote Yoruba culture, but where it is at variance with Islaamic culture, Islaam takes the lead...Ours is spiritual, social, legal, historical, behavioural and accountable cultural practices, let's be a role model as a our Prophet (may the peace of Allaah be upon him) was a ROLE MODEL for the world. The intangible beliefs of OMOLUABI that are generationally engraved in the heart of Yorubas is an orientation worthy of emulation and promotion rather than ignorance display of fetishistic items, encouragement of Godlessness and promotion of moral laxity.

@Adeotan Tajudeen Abu Mardiyyah
https://www.facebook.com/tella.ajani/posts/2777831035644870
The hijab is a tool for suppressing women. Islam in general suppresses women

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2020
madridguy:
What you're saying is different from the writer observation.

Burga,is more cultural to been Islamic
Do you mean that Muslims that don't wear any form of hijab won't make heaven?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by totowunmido: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2020
MZrapper:
What sort of primitive thinking is this one? You wrote this nonsense because of one single moment of displaying one's cultural heritage in the whole of the 365 days we have to observe our Islamic rites?
What has this harmless disposition got to do with one's faith in Allah?
Shame on whomsoever pushed this to front page.
the op is an extremist. Na their type dey blow people up with bombs

15 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by APCNig: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
I love this part most

There are different types of Muslims' schools, we have Muslim proprietors' schools, the schools are owned by Muslims but they have no provision for Islaamic programmes and admits all and sundry.

Secondly, we have Islaamic schools, these are equally owned by Muslims that allow Islaamic ethics and etiquettes to have a place in their schools, but the Islaamic activities are used as dragnet to woo Muslim parents to their schools while the real motive of the proprietors are profit making, economic survival instincts and self actualisation. All the interests are purely personal.

The third category are ideological Islaamic schools, these are schools owned and established with the sole aim of Islaam advancement. The schools are daawah centres, ideological base, Masaajid for reorientation, reformation and nurturing of Muslim children's soul. It can be compared to welfare home where deviant and delinquent children could be remoulded, guided and reformed.

It is not in Islam for us to prostrate in greeting to anyone!

That your lst statement shows that your head is not correct. You deserve a brain resetting slap. If you shake hands with your father and your mother, that is your bloody business, if you come to my house and try to shake hand with my father, I will give you a dirty slap. Before I forget, I am a Muslim but first a Yoruba boy, I am not a bastard. If you are an Arab, you can go to Iran and carry Corona.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2020
OP, you are so naive. There is different between religion and culture. Culture "is the totality of a man and it's environment." While Religion " an organized system of beliefs and rituals centering on a supernatural being or beings.”
Culture focuses on the human beings which is its social heritage, while religion is associated with the God or the Creator of the whole universe. Culture is concerned with the evolution of humans and their beliefs and practices.

Are you telling us that Arab don't have their culture? They wear "turban" and daramia not because they are Muslims but because they are in the desert which they use to protect themselves from sun and heat and because they are 99.9% Muslim hence it's tagged as Islamic culture but it's wrong. It is Arab culture. They have their culture and they practice their culture. Long before Islam the same type of dressing is been used.

Let us practice our own culture in peace. If you are not comfortable with it, middle East is not far. You can relocate there together with your family ASAP.

We are who we are and nothing can change that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Iseoluwani: 11:25am On Mar 06, 2020
I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."
Seun u are just a hypocrite on this one. Why I allow muslim to put a rule on their post and allow non Muslim like mukina2 and your atheist brother capslocked, otem to post rubbish on Christian page.. You are a hypocrite like the sonoflucifer

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Iseoluwani: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2020
useless religion of piss.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by APCNig: 11:40am On Mar 06, 2020
Iseoluwani:
I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."
Seun u are just a hypocrite on this one. Why I allow muslim to put a rule on their post and allow non Muslim like mukina2 and your atheist brother capslocked, otem to post rubbish on Christian page.. You are a hypocrite like the sonoflucifer

Are you held down on nairaland at gun point? If yes, call 911 for help. If no, then shut the fucck up and get out of here.
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by daddio(m): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2020
Ykc2:
You go to mecca to kiss a black stone then proceed to throw stone at devil but your angry that children are holding horse tail on yoruba cultural day?assuming Chinese came to yoruba land with their religion buhddasim before Usman danfodio came with Islam today you will be defending buhddasim putting on yellow and red robe like Buddhist monk,if horsetail is evil then no oba in yoruba land supposed to be a Muslim

God bless you abundantly

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by APCNig: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2020
ruffbamreal:
OP, you are so naive. There is different between religion and culture. Culture "is the totality of a man and it's environment." While Religion " an organized system of beliefs and rituals centering on a supernatural being or beings.”
Culture focuses on the human beings which is its social heritage, while religion is associated with the God or the Creator of the whole universe. Culture is concerned with the evolution of humans and their beliefs and practices.

Are you telling us that Arab don't have their culture? They wear "turban" and daramia not because they are Muslims but because they are in the desert which they use to protect themselves from sun and heat and because they are 99.9% Muslim hence it's tagged as Islamic culture but it's wrong. It is Arab culture. They have their culture and they practice their culture. Long before Islam the same type of dressing is been used.

Let us practice our own culture in peace. If you are not comfortable with it, middle East is not far. You can relocate there together with your family ASAP.

We are who we are and nothing can change that.

Don't mind the shallow minded nitwit. He thinks we should abandon our Culture and just adopt all Arabs dirty Culture. If you are not brilliant enough to seperate Religion from Culrure, then you are a nonentity.

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by APCNig: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2020
OgologoDimkpa:
Confused people with confused religion shocked
Islam, Tufiakwa!!!

The people are confused but not the Religion. Don't join the group of miscreants like the O.P., MUMURIC Ishaq Akintola, FFK and the idiotic current CAN President.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Sammy07: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
madridguy:

May Allah help and guide us to His path, Ameen.

Baba, I disagree with you....

Why then do we have Yoruba Oba's??
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Sammy07: 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
I love this part most

The third category are ideological Islaamic schools, these are schools owned and established with the sole aim of Islaam advancement. The schools are daawah centres, ideological base, Masaajid for reorientation, reformation and nurturing of Muslim children's soul. It can be compared to welfare home where deviant and delinquent children could be remoulded, guided and reformed.

It is not in Islam for us to prostrate in greeting to anyone!

Egbon, you're saying rubbish...

Do you now suggest we shouldn't have kings that are Yoruba.

Culture is entirely different from religion

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Iseoluwani: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
APCNig:

Are you held down on nairaland at gun point? If yes, call 911 for help. If no, then shut the fucck up and get out of here.

And in ur mind u think say u get sense. gaskia ne, ba brain
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Obinnachu9765: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
see below
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Armaggedon: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
I'm happy that people are beginning to understand that Islam is nothing but Arab communism with a god. afonja people fight for your race while you still have time.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by AntiChristian: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Egbon, you're saying rubbish...

Do you now suggest we shouldn't have kings that are Yoruba.

Culture is entirely different from religion

You lack the manner of responding to sane comment.

Of what business is Islam with your Kingship? If it is idolatry rule Islam out of it.
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by Sammy07: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

You lack the manner of responding to sane comment.

Of what business is Islam with your Kingship? If it is idolatry rule Islam out of it.

So all, Yoruba kings are Christians abi
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by AntiChristian: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sammy07:

So all, Yoruba kings are Christians abi
Who is a Christian?

Someone claiming to be a Muslim may not really be a Muslim! One having a Muslim identity may not be a Muslim.

They are Mushrik, Munafiq, Mujrim and very few may be Muslims.
Re: Muslim Schools And Yoruba Cultural Day by isram: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Seun is an islamic fanatic, they cover their evil and use any little opportunity to comment rubbish on Christian topics
Romanoff:
I had to accept your disclaimer to comment on this picture, not cause I meant to throw any religious jabs but just to break the rule.

If there's no disclaimer in Christian posts, why is there one here?

Cc lalasticlala

Please, answer me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Fast Of One Who Had Wet Dream And Ejaculated After Waking Up / Ramadan Fasting; Saudi Arabia Announces Date For Commencement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.