Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? (1362 Views)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Teaching Our Children Family Values..... / Losing Post-delivery Belly Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by MP007(m): 11:43am On Jun 03, 2007
Anybody wanna tell us about family values, i mean from the african perspective, I need tips, Is this generation lossing it?
Re: It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by Rottweiler(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2007
MP007:

Anybody want to tell us about family values, i mean from the african perspective, I need tips, Is this generation lossing it?

Yes we are losing it gradually. This is one of the consequence of the world becoming a global village. Interaction between different cultures and race has become very easy with jet-age means of transportation and other technology. Parents are becoming too busy chasing money than bringing up their children in the right way. This is only the beginning!
Re: It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by cuteass1(f): 7:20am On Jun 04, 2007
Rottweiler:

Parents are becoming too busy chasing money than bringing up their children in the right way. This is only the beginning!

Well its only in the cause of robbing Peter to pay Paul, Or owing Paul, and let Peter be grin

They struggle for the money to put a smile on their kids' faces, to give them that life they didn't have a chance to dream of sef, to present them with the best.

The up and doing ones will cover both aspects, but then there are the "not so good in it" ones, that neglect the kids in the cause of chasingmoney, some of such kids grow to be a dissappointment in the society, who should be blamed??

@ topic

Well yea kind of . . Kids no longer have respect for their parents and older relations sad
Re: It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by sisimose(f): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2007
honestly though, what are African Values? i too wonder myself.It is such a wide wide spectrum of ''dos and donts'' ''values'' whatever you want to call them, maybe we should ask our older generation? anyone know what happened to our gramps, uncles, aunts that big extended family cry? . we need it back.
@poster great topic wink
Re: It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by Ugosample(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
The world is losing it..
this is not a case of "African values" which I consider I be ambiguous
Re: It Is Present Day African Losing Family Values? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2017
Why don't we narrow it down to the basic so we understand what particular "African values" we alluding to.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Emulate Me, Man With 86 Wives Warns Youths / Do You Eat Together As A Family? / True Life Story: Never EVER Talk Bad Of Your Husband To Anyone…learn!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.