Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate (37811 Views)

South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / Senate Passes South East Development Commission Bill / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by olawalepopoola: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
A Bill for the South West Development Commission sponsored by former Ogun state governor and senator representing Ogun central, Ibikunle Amosun caused an uproar on the floor of the Senate, on Wednesday, as senators were divided. Senator Amosun, in his lead debate, said the Commission has become necessary in the face of dwindling infrastructural challenges and development of human capacity the region is contending with.

He was, however, countered by the duo of Senators Adamu Bulkachuwa and Peter Nwaoboshi, representing Bauchi North and Delta North, respectively, who argued that establishment of such Commission could instigate the Balkanisation of the country.

SOURCE
www.tribuneonlineng.com/uproar-in-senate-over-south-west-development-commission-bill/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ZrprxXLEVsCHhPB2jKvDh7OD0NnDssFXUIhbBmDXbEykDFkcwDBYXC2U#Echobox=1583340420

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by northvietnam(m): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
I just love these new politicians from south west... they don’t ass lick the Caliphate , then no send any son of a bitch from north side...

Only if Tinubu and Obj was like them

For those quoting me....

Didn’t una notice the silence and Indrect attack my the caliphate on Amotekun.. but these new breeds of politicians have them a middle finger , went on to pass Amotekun bill by every state legislative house in South west, not minding that they might enter into the wrong books of the caliphate. Now a senator is moving for SW Development commission...

278 Likes 16 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by babdap: 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
Interestingly but equally disturbing.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by nlPoster: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
dwindling infrastructural challenges and development of human capacity

Some of the visa ban effects?

3 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Realadey(m): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
And most of those senators that are against bills that will benefit Southwest have businesses here o,that's life for you.
Yoruba ronu

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by segebase(m): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
Cant wait to join

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by alsudan: 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
If we now have a North East development commission, why can’t we have one in the South West?

Don’t know what the Middle Belt Legislators are waiting for, they should demand same.

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Edusteve(m): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Doing exactly what they are send there to do, while T.Ojik is there reading paper

Do you need organic traffic to your blog/site or you are not earning much from your AdSense contact me now

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lol.

They will kick against it.

They are enjoying one Nigeria too much.

I pray Boko Haram visits their families with bombs maybe they will have a rethink.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by olawalepopoola: 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
I think Southwest unity of purpose is coming out gradually

237 Likes 14 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by odave: 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
But North-East Development commission and NDDC did and will not balkanize the country. Yeye dey smell. Every part of Nigeria can form any development commission and security outfit. There's no need for silence like before, we all deserve to partake in national cake.

If the people representing your region hardly talk in the house or make move but do things like business as usual, OYO is your case, don't come here and shout marginalization later, you hear?

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by nlPoster: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
Is there really a hate speech bill and what's it supposed to be for?

Nairalanders are not concerned about it.

Check frlukas post.

5 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Optional09: 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
They will not ask for anything on behalf of their people but if someone ask they’ll oppose it. Sad elements

I blame the Nigerian people for this nonsense

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by ERockson: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Almost every region is having or about to get one. I knew IPOB will openly oppose SW development commission. If NE and others can have development commission why not SW. Yoruba enemies are not hiding anymore

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by emkz: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eventually, Nigeria shall develop along regional lines. Where one region currently contributes the bulk of government earnings is meaningless in the long run and ballooning population.

Niger-Delta sells oil which proceeds can be used to buy food from the North and North-Central. The South-West is the gateway of foreign goods influx into the country = taxes and levies/duties on imports. Not to forget cocoa which can be exported to Belgium and Switzerland. Boasting of a sizeable population, people can also be taxed to raise revenue. The South-East shall be the manufacturing hub and commercial nerve of a regionalized Nigeria. Each region federates itself, have its own police, enforces its own laws and even conduct its own elections. We scrap the Senate and have three representatives from each region to meet twice a month to legislate on matters of common interests. Each region contributes 32% to a central government to oversee immigration matters, customs, national police, regional regulation, Supreme Court, army, national infrastructure, common examinations, currency and stock market.

That way, development is closer to the people. As it is now, I don't know my LG chairman, or state and federal representative. But Fulani herdsmen rioting is Buhari's fault, whereas the governor should be held responsible.

PS: Regional heads chosen by the people elect one of themselves or a neutral person as Chairman who oversees the country (and represent us in international meetings) with the regional heads as vice-chairmen overseeing the regions. Regions can have 1000 members in their regional assemblies, it is their business so long as they can pay them. We need a lean center. Nigeria is too big and heterogeneous to be centrally managed or policed.

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by sapientia(m): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
Delta people,

See una Nwobosi.

Big fool.

If it was North Now, he will keep quiet.

And our south East Senators could not call the clown to order.

The south is their own problem.

And the most stupid ones are on Nairaland calling each other Igbos and afonja.

There is no personality I hate like any Igbo or Yoruba insulting each other's tribe.

Makes me sick.

ERockson:
Almost every region is having or about to get one. I knew IPOB will openly oppose SW development commission

You my friend is sick and need help.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
olawalepopoola:
A Bill for the South West Development Commission sponsored by former Ogun state governor and senator representing Ogun central, Ibikunle Amosun caused an uproar on the floor of the Senate, on Wednesday, as senators were divided. Senator Amosun, in his lead debate, said the Commission has become necessary in the face of dwindling infrastructural challenges and development of human capacity the region is contending with.
He was, however, countered by the duo of Senators Adamu Bulkachuwa and Peter Nwaoboshi, representing Bauchi North and Delta North, respectively, who argued that establishment of such Commission could instigate the Balkanisation of the country.
SOURCE
www.tribuneonlineng.com/uproar-in-senate-over-south-west-development-commission-bill/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3ZrprxXLEVsCHhPB2jKvDh7OD0NnDssFXUIhbBmDXbEykDFkcwDBYXC2U#Echobox=1583340420

It seems others are too slow to understand that Yorubas are moving subtly towards regionalism and freeing themselves from the burdensome yoke of Nigeria. This time it won't be one Awolowo struggling on his own and being backstabbed by many turncoat Yorubas. The way Makinde of PDP worked in solidarity with APC Governors over Amotekun is proof the political divide-and-conquer days of Obasanjo, that saw Yoruba leaders working at cross-purposes and against themselves, may be over.

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
ERockson:
Almost every region is having or about to get one. I knew IPOB will openly oppose SW development commission

Before nko. Yet what can they do about it? They have no say or influence in anything.

13 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by jimyjames(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
ERockson:

My friend shut up, Niger Delta opposed the bill

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by seunmsg(m): 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
We’ve noted those that opposed the bill. At the right time, we shall reciprocate appropriately. Period!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Staro: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
northvietnam:
I just love these new politicians from south west... they don’t ass lick the Caliphate , then no send any son of a bitch from north side...

Only if Tinubu and Obj was like them

I dey tell you.
Akeredolu, Makinde, Fayemi ... them no send anyone
Even at the risk of their political future

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by jimyjames(m): 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oshigun:

Before nko. Yet what can they do about it? They have no say or influence in anything.

Afonja obsessed with ipob where did you see ipob you amotekun terrorist

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by iCauseTrouble: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Optional09:
They will not ask for anything on behalf their people but if someone ask they’ll oppose it. Sad elements

I blame the Nigerian people for this nonsense

Too late now Nigerians will begin to see the real enemies of progress and laggards letting down the people they are supposed to be representing.

9 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by FlyoruB: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
If other regions can have a development commission, why not the SW??

37 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by SCORPION1902: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Igbos POTOPOTO REPUBLIC won't fancy the rate at which BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC is moving.

Nation of chest beaters

21 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by kutchs: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
ERockson:
IPOB doesn't give a damn about you and the SW Development Commission. IPOB long interest in Nigeria and wants out.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Wickedfacts: 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
South West Development Commission would encourage balkanisation of the country, abi? But the North East has a development commission. The South South also has. No problem, we know where to catch una.

34 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by RedBlackPepper: 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmn long overdue, South West contributes the largest chunk to the national GDP(outside crude oil), more than 60%; while other regions put together contribute the remaining 40%. For the sake of equity and justice; the Yoribas deserve more than what the nation apportion to them. If there could be NDDC (for producing oil), nothing should stop the SWDC (for producing the largest chunk to our GDP).

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by fergie001: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
sapientia:
Delta people,

See una Nwobosi.

Big fool.

If it was North Now, he will keep quiet.

And our south East Senators could not call the clown to order.

The south is their own problem.

And the most stupid ones are on Nairaland calling each other Igbos and afonja.

There is no personality I hate like any Igbo or Yoruba insulting each other's tribe.

Makes me sick.

You my friend is sick and need help.
One was debated today...South South Development Bill.

I ask what for...we already have NDDC.

This people started it with NEDC....they should just kukuma give the six to balance the equation.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driver Of Yusuf Buhari’s Groomsmen Receives N500k (Video) / Florence Ita-Giwa Covers Vanguard Allure / Dapchi Girl: Liya Sharibu's Parents Reveal Where Their Daughter Got Her Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.