Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,563 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group (31273 Views)

Resign Or Be Sacked From INEC – Ozekhome Warns Amina Zakari / INCREDIBLE news from CNN!!! Can This Happen In NIGERIA? / Another Brilliant Piece On Achebe From CNN Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hbrednic: 1:31am On Jun 17, 2007
@I-MAN
maybe you go back to the topic and refresh your memory
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Iman3(m): 1:44am On Jun 17, 2007
hbrednic:

@I-MAN
maybe you go back to the topic and refresh your memory

Did CNN tell you why they booted him out?Simple question!No where in the thread was this answered.We are only speculating that it is over the Niger-Delta story.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by zikko007(m): 2:30am On Jun 17, 2007
Are you sure you learned English at school? I said a Nigerian was terminated and not me. For your information, I'm not Nigerian; I'm Biafran. Secondly, I don't reside in New York!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

biafra flag.gif (1.13 KB, 380x217 )

then why the hell are you discussing Nigerian issues. shocked shocked shocked
do u think the minorities u massacred during the biafran war have forgiven you or do you think they are going to stand by you if you try the same thing now?
mind you the ubulk of the resources the state of biafra is to be errected on are in this region conrtaining the minority: ethnic groups you massacred. God catch una,
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by nguage(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2007
I dont like all this " biafrans" Everybody is Nigerians. leave nairaland and create
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hannamor(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2007
Please can you please read your post and clarify if you are a male or female? You identified your sex in your profile as male. Then you are telling us that you have an "American Husband"! Are you married to a man? When you get you stories straight, then I can respond to your post! Right now, you have major credibility issues!

Militia, I am a woman. I am using my husband's account on nairaland. My husband introduced me to nairaland (he's american O!) and he's Nigeria's biggest fan. OK, actually, he thinks the best women come from Nigeria. See what I mean Naija, let's learn to love ourselves, because when we are at our bests (charms, intelligence strength bla bla) we are invincible ha ha. So once gain, I'm female, but I will create my own account with nairaland when I come back from church today. I think it so hot here in nairaland! Nice to meet y'all! cool
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by hbrednic: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2007
i strongly stand for ONE NIGERIA.
Biafra is a bygone and by Gods grace will never rise again.
our unity is our strenght. Divided we will fall yakataaaaa.
Godbless.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by MILITIA(f): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2007
@hannamor
Thanks for the clarification and nice to meet you too! kiss

I love Nigeria like I love my kids. But I practice "tough" love with my loved ones. I will not condone rubbish because of love. I like to look at things objectively. I like to deal the realities in Nigeria not cover them up because I want to look good to the outside world. That is self-deceit and I do not indulge in such crap! Nigeria sucks period! We make it suck!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by mkana(f): 9:31am On Jun 25, 2007
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by MILITIA(f): 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2007
@mkana

Thank you! Anything else to add? We have heard this one before. If you cannot come up with fresh ideas, could you please join us in other numerous fresh topics instead of resurrecting this dead thread? We are sick of this Jeff Koinange story please! HABA! shocked
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by mkana(f): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2007
point noted, I believe it must have been coz I said I was kenyan, grin
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by MILITIA(f): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2007
@mkana

Nope! You can come from China and you are still welcome! grin Just stay away from threads that have been buried in the archives of irrelevancy!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by kcjazz(m): 6:10am On Jun 26, 2007
I think this issue is more of breaking the rules of professionalism. As a trained journalist myself, the mere fact of paying to obtain information is a disservice to the people who depend on me for information.

Agreed there are militias in the niger delta region , there are problems of insecurity and diseases in africa but it is my belief that someday africa will rise from the shackles of such hypocrisy, because even in the usa there are terrible places and situations that needs urgent media attention.

MY POINT Jeff is very wrong and unprofessional , and every country has its own share of problems.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by nguage(m): 6:17am On Jun 26, 2007
jef is a looser, wouldn't get far.
its goin to be hard for him to find a job now
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Jakumo(m): 6:33am On Jun 26, 2007
kcjazz:

I think this issue is more of breaking the rules of professionalism. As a trained journalist myself, the mere fact of paying to obtain information is a disservice to the people who depend on me for information.

Agreed there are militias in the Niger delta region , there are problems of insecurity and diseases in Africa but it is my belief that someday Africa will rise from the shackles of such hypocrisy, because even in the usa there are terrible places and situations that needs urgent media attention.

MY POINT Jeff is very wrong and unprofessional , and every country has its own share of problems.

And what is it about paying for an interview that strikes you as being so unprofessional, sir ?

Bribes are demanded and paid for access to any war zone, and Mr Koinenge wisely conformed with that front-line law to get his story.  The hosts of Jeff Koinenge's visit to the Niger Delta were canoe-loads of stoned gentlemen cradling belt-fed light machine guns, so anyone chastising the CNN reporter for honoring local traditions by parting with some loose change would do well to "walk a mile in Jeff's shoes" before launching into self-righteous pontifications about "professionalism".

A common theme among the flag-waving Nigerian patriots who do not approve of Jeff Koinenge's Niger Delta coverage has been that the Egbesu War Dance performed by the Izon warriors was "stage managed" or in some way sponsored by Jeff Koinenge, a flimsy contention that conveniently side-steps the basic truth that a guerrilla war is in fact under way in the Niger Delta whether or not combatants let off steam by dancing or demanding money from visiting journalists.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by kcjazz(m): 1:24am On Jun 27, 2007
Jakumo your arguments might be right. However CNN fired him, I guess they know better!
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Jakumo(m): 5:45am On Jun 27, 2007
Jeff was reported to have some involvement in a contract to produce a "Sights and Sounds of Nigeria" tourist advertisement video clip that was to be aired on CNN, much like the "Sights and Sounds of Croatia" advert that CNN airs frequently.   A rather short and frankly pathetic tourist video clip about Nigeria was ultimately aired, and it featured little more than a curvaceous girl emerging from the surf, another curvaceous girl massaging some fat phuck beside the beach, and former president Obasanjo punching the air with his fists and saying "Come on over to my house" or some similar sound bite.

Some creative accounting apparently went on in the production of the Nigerian "Sight and Sounds" clip, and our buddy Jeff was evidently caught with his pants down, resulting in his dismissal for FINANCIAL IMPROPRIETY, which of course has absolutely nothing to do with Jeff's sex life or even his documentary about the Niger Delta, contrary to the imaginative speculation and wild assumptions expressed in this discussion thread.
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by efeski(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2009
i jus wanna get somefin straight
was jeff k sacked because of a doctored report on d niger delta abi d date rape saga?
answers wt proof please (i.e links, dates etc)
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by mondaynelson20: 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Been a Herps is just like been through hell; well special thanks to God almighty
for using DR. EZIKE the greatest spell caster in curing my Herps disease. I was
diagnosed of this disease in the year 2008. Thou I was taking my medications buy
I was not myself. Until last two weeks. My friend came to me and told me that he saw many test
imonies on how a spell caster cured people Herp disease. Thou I never believe in
spell, I said to myself "seen is believing" I took his name and searched it on
GOOGLE, I saw many testimonies myself. Quickly, I copied his
email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I emailed him, he gave me a form to
fill which I did, then he called me and told me that his gods required some items
in which he will use in casting a curing spell on me. And di told him to get the
listed items needed to prepare my cure because by then i have little faith in him,
few hours later he called me and told me he is through preparing the cure. so he
send it to me I got my parcel, it was a herbal cure as described by DR. EZIKE.
I took the herbal cure and after taking it for a week and some days. He told me
to go for check up, I went to the hospital and had a test,and i was cured. Quickly
I called him and tell him what happened he congratulated me. I promise to tell
the world about him. You can contact via email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com
Re: Jeff Koinange Sacked From CNN Over His Story On The Niger-delta Based Mend Group by Alday: 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2020
This story have miraculously been dug up again by someone likely in Aso Rock as an excuse for the recent bashing of CNN.

The truth still suffers in the hands of Nigeria's deceitful government and we only saw a change of personnel over the years

efeski:
i jus wanna get somefin straight
was jeff k sacked because of a doctored report on d niger delta abi d date rape saga?
answers wt proof please (i.e links, dates etc)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SEE What A Die Hard Ambode Supporter Did To His Hair / 105 Dead Soldier Lies. Petrol Tanker Accident In 2008 With Returning Soldiers. / Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.