Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find (4967 Views)

My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / Web Developer Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
Recently have devoted over 9month learning programming from scratch theory, Html,CSS,bootstrap,python basics,sql,mongodb,flask now JavaScript soon as I was done with my flask first large application have been searching for place for internship even if it’s going to be voluntary but all to no avail. Please house I would like to know what could have been the cause or perhaps I need to gain more knowledge before I could find a place cause I know there are dedicated people like me too over there looking opportunities like this

Please employ Junior Developers

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by talk2hb1(m): 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
lewis512:
Recently have devoted over 9month learning programming from scratch theory, Html,CSS,bootstrap,python basics,sql,mongodb,flask now JavaScript soon as I was done with my flask first large application have been searching for place for internship even if it’s going to be voluntary but all to no avail. Please house I would like to know what could have been the cause or perhaps I need to gain more knowledge before I could find a place cause I know there are dedicated people like me too over there looking opportunities like this

What Happened?
Go To Chams at VI wink You might be lucky.

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
talk2hb1:

What Happened?
Go To Chams at VI wink You might be lucky.
Thanks bruh
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by SqueezedPant: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
lewis512:

Please where did you learn it? I'm trying to learn and I've not seen yet
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
SqueezedPant:

Please where did you learn it? I'm trying to learn and I've not seen yet
where is your location ? You can find any close to you
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by SqueezedPant: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
lewis512:

Ikorodu
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
SqueezedPant:

Ikorodu
Do your research and most importantly your personal zeal to learn and practice will help you more but working on useful project will help you most
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by afuye(m): 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
SqueezedPant:

Ikorodu

Call.me.on 0818_5431_1319. I live in ikorodu I a programmer
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by SqueezedPant: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
afuye:

Call.me.on 0818_5431_1319. I live in ikorodu I a programmer

Which number should I omit? Too long
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by SqueezedPant: 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
lewis512:
Do your research and most importantly your personal zeal to learn and practice will help you more but working on useful project will help you most

I have the personal zeal already but no materials to use to learn
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Clintony: 12:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Hi, I am Clinton, just like you I am looking to tap into the opportunities in the tech sector. I am working on a tech startup, and I feel we could work something out. Email me - isidoreclinton144@gmail.com

Regards.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Clintony: 12:13am On Mar 06, 2020
SqueezedPant:

If you really want to. Google and downloads this book, HTML and CSS eBook by John Ducket. A baby can even teach himself with it, but damn, coding is not easy. Download htt track website copier on your system, use it to download the HTML, CSS and JS tutorials on w3schools so you can study it offline. Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by afuye(m): 12:14am On Mar 06, 2020
0818_543_1319

Now corrected

SqueezedPant:

Which number should I omit? Too long
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by SqueezedPant: 5:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Clintony:

If you really want to. Google and downloads this book, HTML and CSS eBook by John Ducket. A baby can even teach himself with it, but damn, coding is not easy. Download htt track website copier on your system, use it to download the HTML, CSS and JS tutorials on w3schools so you can study it offline. Best of luck.

Thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2020
SqueezedPant:

Materials are free everywhere online , YouTube, open sources even MDN Mozilla Developer Network
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Internship ke . Better use those skills to freelance on Upwork, toptal and gigster and continue building up your personal portfolio. You are looking for internship where they will be paying you 50000 Naira or they will tell you to work for free.

Op get on GitHub and stack overflow take projects and Start to build them. Master one CMS like WordPress or Squarespace. Sign up on Upwork, use 50000 naira and buy connects (this is an investment and start bidding for jobs). Don't go the high end jobs start with the smaller ones. Get this jobs and do well at them and build your Upwork profile and later on you can start applying for full time remote jobs. Don't waste your time with any Nigerian company.

I joined Upwork as a digital marketer my first job was 200 dollars. That contract just ended and me and the client are renegotiating 500 dollars per month now. So far I have sent out like 60 proposals and I have three pending interviews. Like you, I started learning programming as I believe digital marketing isn't a safe skill to have. Anyone with common sense and an internet connection can easily know it but you can't say so for programming.

At your level, you should be able to build responsive websites. Go in and start with that and continue improving your skills.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Internship ke . Better use those skills to freelance on Upwork, toptal and gigster and continue building up your personal portfolio. You are looking for internship where they will be paying you 50000 Naira or they will tell you to work for free.

Op get on GitHub and stack overflow take projects and Start to build them. Master one CMS like WordPress or Squarespace. Sign up on Upwork, use 50000 naira and buy connects (this is an investment and start bidding for jobs). Don't go the high end jobs start with the smaller ones. Get this jobs and do well at them and build your Upwork profile and later on you can start applying for full time remote jobs. Don't waste your time with any Nigerian company.

I joined Upwork as a digital marketer my first job was 200 dollars. That contract just ended and me and the client are renegotiating 500 dollars per month now. So far I have sent out like 60 proposals and I have three pending interviews. Like you, I started learning programming as I believe digital marketing isn't a safe skill to have. Anyone with common sense and an internet connection can easily know it but you can't say so for programming.

At your level, you should be able to build responsive websites. Go in and start with that and continue improving your skills.
What is your major forte in programming?
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:41am On Mar 06, 2020
crownedrookie:

What is your major forte in programming?
Learning web development.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by paragon40(m): 11:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Clintony:

pls check your mail.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
To everyone. I sell paid udemy courses for a lower price to different categories.. Marketing, programming...

Dm opens for biz only. Check signature for my WhatsApp digit.
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Walkingkilo(m): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
lewis512:

Scratch theory? Is it a bootcamp or something? Is it a centre in lagos where they teach programming?? I'm a self taught data scientist. Want to delve into web development. What would you advise? I'm very proficient in Python. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by kensmoney(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Plz can I DM u?

I am a full stack developer, I don't kn now to get started with UPWORK, plz I need ur help
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2020
kensmoney:

Plz can I DM u?

I am a full stack developer, I don't kn now to get started with UPWORK, plz I need ur help
Yes you can
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
kensmoney:

Plz can I DM u?

What's the outcome? Positive or negative
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
lewis512:

Sorry OP, I have to be honest with you about the Technology market. Companies don't want to hire Juniors anymore & this is a reality you might have to deal with. Getting a job on Upwork also requires you have some good experience since you would be equally competing with Indians, Chinese & South American programmers who also charge very low for their work. First thing an Upwork client will ask is, show me your past work, so tell me how & what you want to show? Do you have anything to show?.

One way to accelerate your progress is to only focus on one area, for example. React with Javascript or Python with Flask. Deep knowledge is valuable & appreciated more than being a generalist when you are looking for a job.

Second way is to Fake it till you make it, you need to pick up that special area where you want to focus & start reading like a Mad person regarding that area. You read Top 50 or 100 Interview Questions as a Python or Javascript Developer, you can search for them online. Continue reading until it enters your head by force.

Remember that passing an Interview is not about whether you actually know the job, It's about how you can convince your Interviewer that you know the Job, there is a difference. Most programmers learnt on the Job, no one knows it all. Even though we pretend sometimes.

Fix your CV, add atleast 1 or 2 years of experience whether from school or professionally. Never say you have no experience.

Finally, never say you are a Junior. You are simply a programmer, remove the Junior please.

19 Likes

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by lewis512(m): 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
truthsayer009:

Sorry OP, I have to be honest with you about the Technology market. Companies don't want to hire Juniors anymore & this is a reality you might have to deal with. Getting a job on Upwork also requires you have some good experience since you would be equally competing with Indians, Chinese & South American programmers who also charge very low for their work. First thing an Upwork client will ask is, show me your past work, so tell me how & what you want to show? Do you have anything to show?.

One way to accelerate your progress is to only focus on one area, for example. React with Javascript or Python with Flask. Deep knowledge is valuable & appreciated more than being a generalist when you are looking for a job.

Second way is to Fake it till you make it, you need to pick up that special area where you want to focus & start reading like a Mad person regarding that area. You read Top 50 or 100 Interview Questions as a Python or Javascript Developer, you can search for them online. Continue reading until it enters your head by force.

Remember that passing an Interview is not about whether you actually know the job, It's about how you can convince your Interviewer that you know the Job, there is a difference. Most programmers learnt on the Job, no one knows it all. Even though we pretend sometimes.

Fix your CV, add atleast 1 or 2 years of experience whether from school or professionally. Never say you have no experience.

Finally, never say you are a Junior. You are simply a programmer, remove the Junior please.
Nice one man �, it’s really an head up
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by kensmoney(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2020
Maskyy:

What's the outcome? Positive or negative

I don't understand, positive in which aspect?
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2020
truthsayer009:

True though Op needs to have projects. Competing on price is the greatest mistake any freelancer can make. I don't have any portfolio shown on my Upwork profile (digital marketing niche) but I started to get a 30 percent proposal response rate as soon as I raised my prices. Westerners perceive high prices to be a symbol of high quality. There are some clients that will never employ you ever if your price is low regardless of your knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

True though Op needs to have projects. Competing on price is the greatest mistake any freelancer can make. I don't have any portfolio shown on my Upwork profile (digital marketing niche) but I started to get a 30 percent proposal response rate as soon as I raised my prices. Westerners perceive high prices to be a symbol of high quality. There are some clients that will never employ you ever if your price is low regardless of your knowledge.

How can I get my Upwork account working?? drop your WhatsApp number? Let's chat
Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2020
Maskyy:

How can I get my Upwork account working?? drop your WhatsApp number? Let's chat
I have no idea about that. I just signed up and got approved. Maybe you lied in the sign up process. It could also be the skills you have is overloaded on Upwork. Skills like article writing and crap like that.

1 Like

Re: Junior Developer Internship So Hard To Find by Maskyy(m): 12:00am On Mar 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I have no idea about that. I just signed up and got approved. Maybe you lied in the sign up process. It could also be the skills you have is overloaded on Upwork. Skills like article writing and crap like that.

Pls Drop your WhatsApp digit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Coolest Notepad Tricks / Do You Need Help In Writing Your Project/ Documentation (chapters 1-5)? / Learn Coding For Free, With Microverse, Pay The Tuition When You Start Earning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.