Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta (37985 Views)

What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Arrested Lagos Clubber Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Police Cell (Photo) / Burning/Burying Of Placenta: Right Or Wrong Action? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
starbuck:

I am a mother of 4 grown kids and i never requested for any rubbish, I was only interested in my kids... If the hospital staff wants to cook with it, they should do with all pleasure

Only in Nigeria do I see hospitals giving back the placenta to the parents to prevent suspicion and court case. It is usually incinerated in regions where people have more mature brains.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
Really? So you don't know or have heard Nigerian like to own the medical waste?
starbuck:
I thought placenta is a medical waste undecided undecided undecided... People making irrelevant things relevant in this country....

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by uche393: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
sureboykris:
Our country sha . Superstition and religion no dey help us at all.
What's the big deal over a placenta . Ideally ,every hospital or health centre should have a placenta pit where placenta is discarded . Placenta is not useful to anyone . Let's liberate our minds .
Now they've gone ahead to publish this doctor's name and paste a picture of the hospital without confirming.
Kwantinu
Small thing you Will shout superstitious , if na your wife placenta loss wetin u go do?

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
This is Nigeria, so respect their wish
RisenPhoenix:

Only in Nigeria do I see hospitals giving back the placenta to the parents to prevent suspicion and court case. It is usually incinerated in regions where people have more mature brains.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
I see no hate here, juy a crazy doctor with a bad motive. This is Nigeria
pmoye:
We should avoid jumping to conclusions.

First and foremost, it is difficult to believe that a medical doctor that has attained to the level of having a private clinic would need a placenta for anything... How much would the sale of placenta would have fetched a medical doctor that probably had charged between 150k and 200k for the surgery?

Secondly, child births in Nigeria are often an occasion for many people, friends and relatives to visit the woman who has just put to bed. Anyone of such visitors could have carried the placenta. In fact, the father of the newborn could have carried the placenta and he's now trying to save face.
Usually the moment the procedure is complete a nurse (not even the attending physician) will pack the placenta in a container and hand it over to the father of the newborn, or any other close family member. Unfortunately most hospitals don't keep record of such exchange and it may be difficult to exonerate themselves. Our doctors should start keeping accurate records of things like this to avoid useless things of this sort embarrassing them.

It appears Nigerians are always so eager to bash Medical Doctors, Lecturers, Pastors etc... in fact, anyone Nigerians feel is doing well, they try to take their frustration out on, as if the Doctors (etc) are the ones responsible for their miserable lives.

Don't bash our doctors, they are the very ones many of you seek to become. Stop the hate please.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Trying hard to defend your profession I see. This is Nigeria, people have beliefs you must respect.
adecz:
angry angry angry angry

Blackman & superstitious beliefs.

Placenta na food, abi na money?

Time go come wey we go dey tell
doctor to keep our blood wey commot
during surgery, or tell barber to collect
our hair after barbing .

Nigerian police are here, wasting
public money, chasing placenta!!!

Tufiakwa for blackman!!

angry angry angry angry
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by nervorum: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sunnycliff:
A disgrace to the Noble medical professionals

Aren't there two sides to a story?
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by pmoye(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
It is too early to condemn the doctor. She is likely the victim here.
It is for a good reason that the law holds people innocent until proven guilty. Mere suspicion and accusation should not be the basis for condemning people.

Correcto:
I see no hate here, juy a crazy doctor with a bad motive. This is Nigeria
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
I see you trying to defend your profession. What you call medical waste is someone' body waste, so give the waste to the person.
starbuck:
I thought placenta is a medical waste undecided undecided undecided... People making irrelevant things relevant in this country....

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
You are still a child and don't understand that body waste like placenta is quite sensitive to the owners in Nigeria.
pmoye:
It is too early to condemn the doctor. She is likely the victim here.
It is for a good reason that the law holds people innocent until proven guilty. Mere suspicion and accusation should not be the basis for condemning people.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by ogbuefi677(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
It is amusing we still hold so much beliefs about placentas and more amusing that the placenta is missing and the Drs can't produce it on request. In essence, irrespective of our level of education, we still live in the dark world and believe many fetish practices.
Cleaner might've dumped it into the incinerator or dustbin where it rightly belongs.
Placentas are medical waste.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
See who is talking about matured brain. Even in abroad Doctors respect the sensitivity to any body part of a patient. I see try hard to defend a profession without realizing the people's beliefs and sensivities
RisenPhoenix:

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by mechanics(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hmmmmm, how much will she even get from the placenta compared to the consequences she will face, she's just too selfish if truly she sold the placenta.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Obatolysis(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
I've been reading people's response to this and I've come to the conclusion that even education is not enough to liberate the black man from superstitions and myths. I've also come to the conclusion that interacting with Nigerians is really a waste of time. They are imprisoned by their delusions

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Emary(f): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mrs. Olaniba is an elderly female doctor of great repute with probably over 40yrs of practice. She would most likely not have been personally involved in the delivery at all. The nurse and the actual doctor who handled the delivery should be interrogated but a missing placenta does not warrant an arrest.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by pmoye(m): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
No, I am not a child.
On the contrary I believe I have more sense then your Dad. Just go ahead and ask him, he should be humble enough to tell you.

If you have nothing constructive to say, why not just shut your hollow trap instead of attacking someone making a valid point.

Correcto:
You are still a child and don't understand that body waste like placenta is quite sensitive to the owners in Nigeria.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
So stupid
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by pmoye(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Thank you for bringing this information to the fore. I didn't even know the doctor from Adam, but it doesn't seem reasonable to me for a medical doctor of her stature to get involved in such nonsense like that. And from the much I know about delivery, doctors hardly handle the placenta; it is nurses that hand it over to the family.

Apparently many Nigerians are so messed up that they are ready to believe the worst of everyone. If you are so unfortunate for anyone to merely accuse you of anything, silly Nigerians who don't know you are too willing to condemn you. If you go out to any street and simply scream 'Thief! Thief!', Nigerians are likely to have killed you before they even consider it necessary (if at all) to ask what you stole. I have witnessed such things first hand in Nigeria. Thank God we were able to step in to prevent the young man from being killed. They almost nearly killed him. It turned out his assailants were actually the thieves who were simply on a revenge mission for having been arrested by the police at the instigation of the victim in the past.

We ought to know better than to believe every single thing we come across on the news.

Emary:
Mrs. Olaniba is an elderly female doctor of great repute with probably over 40yrs of practice. She would most likely not have been personally involved in the delivery at all. The nurse and the actual doctor who handled the delivery should be interrogated but a missing placenta does not warrant an arrest.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Jonathan39: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
Some of you don't reason before spewing out trash
sureboykris:
What's the big deal over a placenta . Ideally ,every hospital or health centre should have a placenta pit where placenta is discarded . Placenta is not useful to anyone . Let's liberate our minds .
Now they've gone ahead to publish this doctor's name and paste a picture of the hospital without confirming.
Kwantinu
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Correcto: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
Obviously you have sense more than your Dad too. However, once again you have displayed your stupidity. Kids don't always accept their foolishness hence they tend to be more foolish. Stupidity is clearly in your gene.
pmoye:
No, I am not a child.
On the contrary I believe I have more sense then your Dad. Just go ahead and ask him, he should be humble enough to tell you.

If you have nothing constructive to say, why not just shut your hollow trap instead of attacking someone making a valid point.

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by InvertedHammer: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
/
That's more of an abattoir than a hospital.

Medicine is not practiced in a vacuum. The culture, ethnic/tribal and religious beliefs of patients are adhered to even in the most advanced nations. Is it normal in Nigeria to give or show the placenta to a woman after birth? If yes, then give her the damn thing. It is her body part and being a medical professional does not confer absolute right to the doctors on this issue. The arrest is in order especially considering the peculiar place called Nigeria.

There are such things as patients' rights. Respect it.

\

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
See as hospital building looks like house of the dead.

how can one enter this kind of hospital!

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by mordele: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=NextD18 post=87188041]Medical doctors in Nigeria are more corrupt and dangerous than Nigerian police.[/quote
Do you have evidence for this statement. Why not wait till the case is sorted out. Some times patients ask hospital to help dispose the placenta. It could have been flushed. This case might be an afterthought by the patient.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
sureboykris:
What's the big deal over a placenta . Ideally ,every hospital or health centre should have a placenta pit where placenta is discarded . Placenta is not useful to anyone . Let's liberate our minds.
Kwantinu

We know our culture, we know our belief, the said doctor do too. There is no placenta pit in Nigeria, he should provide it or lead the police to the pit if it exists.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by rafcrown(m): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ritualists can go to any length. Amotekun over to you
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Gallagher01: 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
The law does not recognize juju.

The doctor will be freed in a jiffy.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by DarkJeddi(m): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
NextD18:
Medical doctors in Nigeria are more corrupt and dangerous than Nigerian police.
Shut your Mug. angry
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by ugwumichael(m): 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
sureboykris:
Kwantinu
if there is no big deal about it then why the fuq is it missing.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by ArcToyin(m): 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

It's way easier to find the missing placenta than finding coronavirus in Nigeria

That albino commissioner of health should channel his energy to finding the missing placenta

God deliberately cursed us with buhari because our stupidity
Very funny. I can pick out truth from your word esp from the first sentence.
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Nopretence: 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
Romanoff:
Some people have mind sha.

The look of that hospital should tell you that there's nothing good about it.
hey!don't judge the book by its cover,olaniba was one of the best hospital in Lagos,which expatriates patronize
Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by West2019(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
starbuck:

keep silent if you dnt have anything to say if its ur wife or sister is that what would u say ,if its not useful its useful to Babalawo nd evil.people

Re: Medical Doctor In Police Net Over Placenta by Honeydenz(f): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=arinze198 post=87187889]

Source: https://pmexpressng.com/medical-doctor-in-police-net-over-placenta/[/quotep]
Envious competitors at work, why snap the hospital again after revealing the name and address? Someone wants to ruin this Doc business, it's a pity!

Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / 34-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Zambian Man Donates His Liver To His Wife To Save Her Life (Photos)