Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio (1228 Views)

Please Rate My Portfolio Website / Rate My Portfolio Website On A Scale Of 1-10 / My Portfolio Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2020
OK so its the mannerless programmer again cool
So, I started this awesome and magical web development journey in October last year. I was blessed enough to be able to commit myself full time to learning and I would like to be able to say I did just that (can't though, December was an absolute mess lol). Thanks to everyone that left a USEFUL comment on any thread I created seeking help. I have gone a long way with even further to go. I am currently learning the react library with redux but I would like to have a portfolio where I can have a bunch of small projects I have worked on. No idea what I want it for, just want it lol.
So far I have built a CBT script and I just completed an app that solves quadratic equations complete with register and login and history page where you can view and update your previous problems. It also persists its data to mongoDB.
Saying this so anyone suggesting can have a fair idea of my level of skill. Still suck at designing though, I kind of skipped over the CSS lol.
So that's it's my great programmers. Any mini javascript project that strikes you as fairly challenging or even if you have a bunch of work on your hands and you feel confident to outsource a portion of it to me, I'll be fully willing to give it my full commitment at no cost to you.
Shalom
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by lewis512(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nice one man, Keep the good working going
God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
lewis512:
Nice one man, Keep the good working going
God bless your hustle
Bless
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 06, 2020
This simpleton
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Grandlord: 9:22am On Mar 06, 2020
OP you can as well open a repository on GitHub where you can upload your projects on to and share the link whenever you wanna show anyone projects and web applications you've built. Just make sure they are unique, creative projects.

I'm currently working on an algorithm and machine learning project that would predict certain cool stuff I don't wanna share until completed. Ideas abound, my man.

I remember you were one of those who started learning at about the same time I did. Cheers to your hardwork and dedication mate. We keep pushing on. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
Cakephp:
This simpleton
Hey frustrated fvcktard. Moved to the village yet?
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Grandlord:
OP you can as well open a repository on GitHub where you can upload your projects on to and share the link whenever you wanna show anyone projects and web applications you've built. Just make sure they are unique, creative projects.

I'm currently working on an algorithm and machine learning project that would predict certain cool stuff I don't wanna share until completed. Ideas abound, my man.

I remember you were one of those who started learning at about the same time I did. Cheers to your hardwork and dedication mate. We keep pushing on. cool
Comment didn't really give any precise help but thanks for hollering. Sure we keep pushing on no doubt came into the field for something bigger than money so motivation is at 100.
For some reason I react with a superstitious dread akin to that of the natives living by an active volcano anytime I hear the word Git and Github. Weird flex. Learnt NodeJS but scared of Github.

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by peterincredible: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
ok i will tell you to build a todo app but this one you will do the normal crud thing then additional features.

1. add authenthication to it(login,logout,signup)

2. persistent login of user using sessions

3. protect route( protect the route when someone wants to add or edit a todo he or she must be logged in if the user is not logged in redirect them back to signup or signin page)

4. you can add role play function (like add admin panel where admin have the ability to delete user, or add user or etc)

i think with this you don cover many things you will be doing in real world project i hope am making sense

or u can work on small small project(component features) u will be using in your apps day to day

1. a simple pagination using either react or whatever tool u are using

2. gatway payment integration

4. infinity scroll

5. a star rating system

6. a commenting system either flat or nested(threaded) comment system

7. visible on scroll content

e.t.c
by the time you finish all this small component project u will be adding this features in many full fledged website u will be building

presently am working on all this small small component project so that i can add it to my next full fledged website
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
peterincredible:
ok i will tell you to build a todo app but this one you will do the normal crud thing then additional features.

1. add authenthication to it(login,logout,signup)

2. persistent login of user using sessions

3. protect route( protect the route when someone wants to add or edit a todo he or she must be logged in if the user is not logged in redirect them back to signup or signin page)

4. you can add role play function (like add admin panel where admin have the ability to delete user, or add user or etc)

i think with this you don cover many things you will be doing in real world project i hope am making sense

or u can work on small small project(component features) u will be using in your apps day to day

1. a simple pagination using either react or whatever tool u are using

2. gatway payment integration

4. infinity scroll

5. a star rating system

6. a commenting system either flat or nested(threaded) comment system

7. visible on scroll content

e.t.c
by the time you finish all this small component project u will be adding this features in many full fledged website u will be building

presently am working on all this small small component project so that i can add it to my next full fledged website
cool cool I see a lot of challenges here thanks.
Got my fingers in different pies so at times its hard to put enough time into being creative with these ideas so I appreciate.
Are you any good with front end design?
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Clintony: 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello bro, I read your post. How about you join me on my tech startup. I will be willing to discuss more details with you via watsap. If it's something you love, then we can move on.

crownedrookie:
OK so its the mannerless programmer again cool
So, I started this awesome and magical web development journey in October last year. I was blessed enough to be able to commit myself full time to learning and I would like to be able to say I did just that (can't though, December was an absolute mess lol). Thanks to everyone that left a USEFUL comment on any thread I created seeking help. I have gone a long way with even further to go. I am currently learning the react library with redux but I would like to have a portfolio where I can have a bunch of small projects I have worked on. No idea what I want it for, just want it lol.
So far I have built a CBT script and I just completed an app that solves quadratic equations complete with register and login and history page where you can view and update your previous problems. It also persists its data to mongoDB.
Saying this so anyone suggesting can have a fair idea of my level of skill. Still suck at designing though, I kind of skipped over the CSS lol.
So that's it's my great programmers. Any mini javascript project that strikes you as fairly challenging or even if you have a bunch of work on your hands and you feel confident to outsource a portion of it to me, I'll be fully willing to give it my full commitment at no cost to you.
Shalom
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by peterincredible: 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
crownedrookie:

cool cool I see a lot of challenges here thanks.
Got my fingers in different pies so at times its hard to put enough time into being creative with these ideas so I appreciate.
Are you any good with front end design?
honesty when it comes to design i am zero at it i know css and css3 atleast am not a beginner but to been creative with good design skills i just lack it but if you work as a frontend developer you will be working with a product designer so all you just have to do is conver what the designer has done to code but you know some broke ass tech companies in nigeria will want you to have both skills as for me i feel more joy working at the backend
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Grandlord: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
peterincredible:
honesty when it comes to design i am zero at it i know css and css3 atleast am not a beginner but to been creative with good design skills i just lack it but if you work as a frontend developer you will be working with a product designer so all you just have to do is conver what the designer has done to code but you know some broke ass tech companies in nigeria will want you to have both skills as for me i feel more joy working at the backend
Backend is cool but you need to know some frontend as well.
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by peterincredible: 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
Grandlord:
Backend is cool but you need to know some frontend as well.
i no say i no fit oo but guy no be just to write html and css be the thing the problem is having the design skills when i mean design skills i mean making it look beautifull men that one na no go area i am thinking of reading maybe one or two design books to improve on that

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
peterincredible:
Preach brother cool
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by Grandlord: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
peterincredible:
i no say i no fit oo but guy no be just to write html and css be the thing the problem is having the design skills when i mean design skills i mean making it look beautifull men that one na no go area i am thinking of reading maybe one or two design books to improve on that
No be lie you talk bro. Design na big field on hin own. UI/IX design professionals na dem get mouth for dier.

I dey on backend levels too. But which language you dey use?
Re: Ideas For Projects For My Portfolio by peterincredible: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
Grandlord:
No be lie you talk bro. Design na big field on hin own. UI/IX design professionals na dem get mouth for dier.

I dey on backend levels too. But which language you dey use?
mern stack (react,node.js,express and mongodb) although i have learnt django and mysql but i need to do more projects to build confidence in it you kon how the data science journy dey go for u

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With This Css. / I Just Switched To Linux From Windows / Help On How To Run A Servlet Http Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.