Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense (6989 Views)

2023: Nigeria’ll Be Doomed If South-east Doesn’t Produce President – Igbo Group / Akinyemi Onigbinde: It Doesn’t Make Sense Granting Amnesty To Boko Haram / That Atiku Speaks Fulfulde Doesn’t Make Him A Fulani —miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
I have been exploring google maps and i cannot come to terms with the state lines drawn around the south east.

The state line between:

Imo state and rivers state doesn’t make sense.

Abia state and rivers state doesn’t make sense.

Ebonyi state and cross river state doesn’t make sense

Arochukwu areas of Abia state and cross river state and Akwa ibom is very questionable.

Anambra north and kogi doesn’t make sense

Enugu and Ebonyi northern areas doesn’t make any sense.

Whomever drew those map after the civil war and during state creation really really really hated igbos and wanted to desperately limit their geography in the future Nigeria. This is why you have igbos clans forcefully carved into neighboring states. This is injustice and pure wickedness

I urge everyone to study those boundaries on google map and tell me if those lines make any sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Blue3k(m): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
If you dont like the map boundries adjust them.

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of boundary adjustment of any existing State shall only be passed if- 

(a) a request for the boundary adjustment, supported by two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding and the area affected by the boundary adjustment) in each of the following, namely- 

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives, 

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and 

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area. is received by the National Assembly; and 

(b) a proposal for the boundary adjustment is approved by - 

(i) a simple majority of members of each House of the National Assembly, and 

(ii) a simple majority of members of the House of Assembly in respect of the area concerned

Front Page: Lalasticlala mynd44

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Witcher(f): 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Adjust it nah. Mu mu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Biafrarep(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
The worst among all is Imo-Rivers boundaries. The idiots divided villages into two and forcefully pushed them into different states.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blue3k:

I will entertain only matured response. Not every tread is for childishness.

Edit: I just saw your attachment. I will look into that and respond appropriately.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
This thread is not an attack on anyone on this forum. None of you here created the states. So before you attack me, ask yourself if what I am saying is true or false or if you attacking me out of blind hatred.

8 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Sammy07: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

Edit: I just saw your attachment. I will look into that and respond appropriately.

you should at least provide a pic or map and let us see it.

1 Like

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:
I have been exploring google maps and i cannot come to terms with the state lines drawn around the south east.

The state line between:

Arochukwu areas of Abia state and cross river state and Akwa ibom is very questionable.

Whomever drew those map after the civil war and during state creation really really really hated igbos and wanted to desperately limit their geography in the future Nigeria. This is why you have igbos clans forcefully carved into neighboring states. This is injustice and pure wickedness

I urge everyone to study those boundaries on google map and tell me if those lines make any sense.

carry that matter to your state governors abeg....
when people were proposin borders,why were you people quiet....??

5 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Sammy07: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:
This thread is not an attack on anyone on this forum. None of you here created the states. So before you attack me, ask yourself if what I am saying is true or false or if you attacking me out of blind hatred.

Let's see the map or a pic
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sammy07:

you should at least provide a pic or map and let us see it.

I believe everyone with smart phone should be able to access google map and see for themselves.

But I will post pictures.
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blue3k:

tell am....
if you dont agree then talk to people that can change it....
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
something you need to understand is,military goverment didnt started drawin maps like anyhow....
it was people that proposed it to them....

5 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Sammy07: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

I believe everyone with smart phone should be able to access google map and see for themselves.

But I will post pictures.

Yes, but not everyone has the time..
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
This is the boundaries between rivers, imo and Abia state

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Blue3k(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

Lol telling you to take proactive steps is childish? You should have looked into how to solve the issue before ranting. I made a thread about same issue yesterday regarding akwa Ibom and cross river.

If you know what areas you want go those places and start advocating. Going local governments by local government is best option. Your limiting factor is going be the state assemblies in question wanting to let them go.

3 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
This is between Abia and cross rivers state. Notice how the person cut off the natural river boundaries of both areas.

1 Like

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
this go be difficult issue oo....
many will kick against any change.... undecided undecided
they are already used to it.... undecided undecided
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
justtoodark:
this go be difficult issue oo....
many will kick against any change.... undecided undecided

I know but that doesn’t stop us from telling ourselves the truth of the situation on the ground.

1 Like

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

I know but that doesn’t stop us from telling ourselves the truth of the situation on the ground.

okay....but you will have to write to local goverments....
it will be a long process before anything is changed.... undecided undecided
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by justtoodark: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
i would just let it be....
its too much wahala....

cross rivers....??
big wahala.... undecided undecided
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Blue3k(m): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2020

The area to start with is obviously Enugu and Ebonyi. It's two igbo majority states. It should be very easy to adjust borders assuming they wish to be governed by new state government. Adjust borders comes with new factors to consider like public services, taxation, and taking their share of debt.

Would these people want to be governed by Abia? Can the state match the benefits enjoyed in Rivers or Akwa Ibom. There easy sell is being with people who are similar culturally, politically and demographically.

Good luck on your quest. If they're interested the process will move smoothly and probably snowball into something big.

4 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
Blue3k:

The area to start with is obviously Enugu and Ebonyi. It's two igbo majority states. It should be very easy to adjust borders assuming they wish to be governed by new state government. Adjust borders comes with new factors to consider like public services, taxation, and taking their share of debt.

Would these people want to be governed by Abia? Can the state match the benefits enjoyed in Rivers or Akwa Ibom. There easy sell is being with people who are similar culturally, politically and demographically.

Good luck on your quest. If they're interested the process will move smoothly and probably snowball into something big.

As for me, I believe in freedom of people or groups to choose their destiny IF given a fair choice.

A lot of igbos ended up in south south not by choice but by Nigerian state manipulation. If these igbos decide to remain where they are if given a choice, I will 100% support their decision.
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
Notice the same questionable pattern between Ebonyi state borders and cross rivers. Who did these maps? They need to be taken to either a mental hospital or to hell fire just be being unnecessarily wicked.

1 Like

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Look at the border of anambra an kogi.
Who decided to draw that straight line. God save us Africans from our myopic thinking. I even see a place with igbo name above anambra.

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by gidgiddy: 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

The state line between:

The one that pains me the most is the Benue Ebonyi border where over 1 million Igbos and their ancestral lands were carved into Benue. Obi local government in Benue is Igbo territory

2 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by rafindo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:
This is the boundaries between rivers, imo and Abia state

So what happened to the boundary line now. Did they remove anything from it. If yes show us the 1st edition of the British map.

You are not a cartographer and you are busy spewing thrash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by rafindo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
gidgiddy:

The one that pains me the most is the Benue Ebonyi border where over 1 million Igbos and their ancestral lands were carved into Benue. Obi local government in Benue is Igbo territory

That an obvious lie, how many is the population of Benue to begin with.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by ZombieHUNT: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Adjust it nah. Mu mu

Zombies are walking dead people bereft of sense...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by rafindo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:
This is between Abia and cross rivers state. Notice how the person cut off the natural river boundaries of both areas.

It obvious you didn't do geography. When it comes to boundary demarcation, natural boundary such as lake,rivers, seas and mountain range are not divided to suit the drawer. Go check Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina borders.
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by horsepower102: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
rafindo:

So what happened to the boundary line now. Did they remove anything from it. If yes show us the 1st edition of the British map.

You are not a cartographer and you are busy spewing thrash.

The British did not create the states. It was GOWON and his collaborators that started state creation. This is an easily verifiable fact.

2 Likes

Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by rafindo(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
horsepower102:

The British did not create the states. It was GOWON and his collaborators that started state creation. This is an easily verifiable fact.

Go and check the provincial map of those area under the British rule. Gowon only gave it a new name. E.g kwara state has always been in the north region. Same with delta and Edo under the west.
Re: State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense by Blue3k(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
rafindo:

Go and check the provincial map of those area under the British rule. Gowon only gave it a new name. E.g kwara state has always been in the north region. Same with delta and Edo under the west.

That's wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Has Not Withdrawn From The Kano Governorship Election Petition Appeal / Oshiomhole’s Corruption File Found In Magu’s House, EFCC Prepares To Arrest Him / Breaking: Finally, He Declares His Asset!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.