Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (88850 Views)

GRV Praises David Hundenyin, Colonel Ojukwu, And Others / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Tflesk: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Buhari the terrorist amnesty giver is your role model....
Shame on you
HISTORY OF MASSACRE Kano 1945 - Over 200 killed Jos 1953 - over 150 killed 1966 - over 50, 000 killed 1967-70 - over 2,000,0000 killed Jos in 1945, Kano genocide 1953 1966 Massacres (40,000 Igbo Christians) 1967-1970 over 7million Igbos lost their lives fighting for liberation. Kano 1980 - over over 1000 Igbos were killed Maiduguiri 1982 - 1983 over 500 Igbos were killed In 1984-1991 more than 1500 Igbos where killed. THE ENMITY AGAINST NDIGBO IS DEEPLY SEATED IN THE HEART OF HAUSA/FULANIS OF NIGERIA It is imperative to correct false propaganda making rounds in an attempt by every successive government in Nigeria to cover uo this genocid. In 1953, when Independence loomed, Ahmadu Bello, the founder of Gamji said: "We cannot fight to dispense of white masters only to be ruled by new black masters called Ibo. Even here in the North, they run the post offices, railways, civil service and they have taken up all the shops we create. Call them Ibo, but you can also call them Zionists, but we shall not relinquish the estate of our fathers to such wretched people who have never had an administration before." Source: 1968: the year that shook the world, by Walter Schultz. In 1964, Major Gibson Jalo, after downing a bottle or two at the Kachia Barracks mess, moaned: "we are captives to this Ibos. We can never enjoy our new nation until we chase every single Ibo man out the North." Source: The five majors. Same Jalo, Martin Adam murdered Col Tim Onwuatuegwu, many days after the war at Abakaliki. In 1967, Inuwa Wada, addressing Northern leaders in Luggard Hall, Kaduna, cried: "For long, we had cried that these vermins, Ibo, must be removed from our soil. Now we have seen the result of our negligence. A new opportunity of reducing the population is here (the war)." Source: Last days of Biafra, by A. Madiebo. There are more. As a mere local Major, but substantive Captain, your boss, Sani Abacha strode into the Air Force Base Mess in 1966 and shouted at Col Jubrin, Air Force Commander: "It is our duty to teach the Ibos a final lesson and they will never leave their regions any more." Source: Last Flight, by A Okpe. Same Abacha implemented a PTF roguery repair of roads that gave the South East a mere 4 per cent when North West had 89 per cent, North East 92 per cent, North Central 72 per cent, South West 39 per cent and South South 35 per cent. For all the love of that darling boss of our dear Elder, the South East got only 4 per cent. Through the regimes, virtually every airport in the North, including the one-week a flight Sokoto Air Port, are all international airports. When it was proposed to developed the Oguta Gulf as the best possible sea sanctuary for Europe bound vessels, Abacha flatly rejected it and drifted in his insane style to plans to dredge the Niger up to Bussa, which he never did. Do you remember the 'nya nya iska ni' episode in Kano. After the Kano killings and burning of Igbo business outfits, 1991, your Kano princes tried to indoctrinate the almajiris on a pre-stated plea of ignorance of what they were doing. Those words meant, 'they did not know what they were doing'. It was Justice Ugwudike who queried it: 'who are 'they' for the almajiri who was speaking for himself. When pressed by an aggressive lawyer, the fool admitted that it was what he was told to say by the benign princes in the Emir's palace. We can go on and on. Is it not idiotic to hold the opinion that Ndi Igbo would be better in Nigeria as a country? The only experience comparable to Igbo experience in Nigeria is the Jews holocaust. It would be foolish to ask Jews to stay and live in Germany because their lives would be better since Germany has been exorcised of Nazist. We have had our holocaust, we have experienced genocide of immense proportion executed with wicked intent, we have experienced starvation comparable only to the gas chamber
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by madridsta007(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
Ojukwu, The Coward Secessionist-

Dimka Odumegwu Ojukwu of Biafra-Biafaa or Bia-Kpara, Ogoni version! With due respect to reasonable Igbos and the public. It isn't proper to rejoice over anyone's death. I'm also not doing so, rather pointing to the man Ojukwu. I hope readers would understand my truth that can be found through history and can't be disproved otherwise.

Ojukwu, who was good in his own right couldn't stand Ken Saro-Wiwa and his truth about Ogoni-saving our people from Biafra and Ojukwu's madness and greed (popularly known as Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, 1967-1970), was the number one coward.

Ojukwu sold Biafra due to his greed for oil and disrespect for Ogonis and other minorities of today's Niger delta. Biafra was mostly harshed due to the presence of Ogoni/Niger delta oil. If it succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

Meanwhile, Ojukwu ran away from his people at a critical moment into exile. Millions of innocent Igbos (Ogonis and other minorities also died in numbers at home and Igbo camps) killed while he ran away.

No wonder seasoned Igbos, including late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe refused to support Ojukwu and his Biafran insanity!

Though Ojukwu returned from Ivory Coast under Shehu Shagari or so. He couldn't have the opportunity to fight to revive Biafra again. This was contrary to the saying: he who fight and run away lives to fight another day.

Saro-Wiwa stood by his people to the end. He's a global hero while Ojukwu is the Igbo coward!

As mentioned inter alia, death is an inevitable end, so not proper to rejoice over the death of others. I'm not rejoicing over Ojukwu's death. Ojukwu's death, however, can't come without the truth about him, unlike the lies he told abroad about Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis. I hope readers may understand.

Because Ojukwu was cheap, greedy, yet with one of the best education but knew nothing to do with it, he's bribed by the Federal government of Nigeria (under Sanni Abacha), sponsored abroad to justify the world's environmental and human rights hero's (Saro-Wiwa) unjust hanging.

The coward in Ojukwu couldn't get away with that trash! He's bathed in rotten eggs; a high profile disgrace given in the West, when he went to London justifying Saro-Wiwa's unjust death of Nov. 10, 1995.

Today, Ojukwu is left to the Igbos of his kind and some Nigerians such as Goodluck Jonathan, who love violence and has already said, according to Sahara Reporters' Nov. 26 report, "Ojukwu's place in Nigerian history is assured."

Anyone still unsure that Jonathan and his Nigerian cabal hate Saro-Wiwa and Ogoni? How shameful to see a country love and honor violence and trash nonviolence and intellectual discussions, arguments for rights (as with Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis) and freedoms to the cutters!

That is the Nigeria run by the so-called majority ethnic groups for you. We can see Boko Haram like Ojukwu's Biafra, in action, supported also by Jonathan and his Hausa counterparts. We can see Jonathan sit and look confused, not sure of what to do with Boko (like he paid off Niger delta militants whose agitation was just, if not their greed and unintellectual approach) begging for help from America.

Finally, is Jonathan, one of the Ojukwu-Biafran violent praise-singer confused about the peaceful Ogonis, their just agitation for political, social and economic justice, ruined environment? No! He and the Federal government is hardened, waiting for a period when news may come that all Ogonis are extinct due to environmental degradation and government, $hell's inaction and stupidity. Shame on Nigeria, because Ogoni, which is older than Nigeria will live to shame the Ojukwus and its Nigerian oppressors!

Lol.

You and your revisionist version of history.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by klax(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

Dimka Odumegwu Ojukwu of Biafra-Biafaa or Bia-Kpara, Ogoni version! With due respect to reasonable Igbos and the public. It isn't proper to rejoice over anyone's death. I'm also not doing so, rather pointing to the man Ojukwu. I hope readers would understand my truth that can be found through history and can't be disproved otherwise.

Ojukwu, who was good in his own right couldn't stand Ken Saro-Wiwa and his truth about Ogoni-saving our people from Biafra and Ojukwu's madness and greed (popularly known as Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, 1967-1970), was the number one coward.

Ojukwu sold Biafra due to his greed for oil and disrespect for Ogonis and other minorities of today's Niger delta. Biafra was mostly harshed due to the presence of Ogoni/Niger delta oil. If it succeeded Ogonis, who were already enslaved by Igbos in Ogoni land will be registered slaves today. Saro-Wiwa saw this and fought against it. Thus his crime at the hands of Ojukwu and other Biafran praise-singers who then sought Saro-Wiwa's head.

Meanwhile, Ojukwu ran away from his people at a critical moment into exile. Millions of innocent Igbos (Ogonis and other minorities also died in numbers at home and Igbo camps) killed while he ran away.

No wonder seasoned Igbos, including late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe refused to support Ojukwu and his Biafran insanity!

Though Ojukwu returned from Ivory Coast under Shehu Shagari or so. He couldn't have the opportunity to fight to revive Biafra again. This was contrary to the saying: he who fight and run away lives to fight another day.

Saro-Wiwa stood by his people to the end. He's a global hero while Ojukwu is the Igbo coward!

As mentioned inter alia, death is an inevitable end, so not proper to rejoice over the death of others. I'm not rejoicing over Ojukwu's death. Ojukwu's death, however, can't come without the truth about him, unlike the lies he told abroad about Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis. I hope readers may understand.

Because Ojukwu was cheap, greedy, yet with one of the best education but knew nothing to do with it, he's bribed by the Federal government of Nigeria (under Sanni Abacha), sponsored abroad to justify the world's environmental and human rights hero's (Saro-Wiwa) unjust hanging.

The coward in Ojukwu couldn't get away with that trash! He's bathed in rotten eggs; a high profile disgrace given in the West, when he went to London justifying Saro-Wiwa's unjust death of Nov. 10, 1995.

Today, Ojukwu is left to the Igbos of his kind and some Nigerians such as Goodluck Jonathan, who love violence and has already said, according to Sahara Reporters' Nov. 26 report, "Ojukwu's place in Nigerian history is assured."

Anyone still unsure that Jonathan and his Nigerian cabal hate Saro-Wiwa and Ogoni? How shameful to see a country love and honor violence and trash nonviolence and intellectual discussions, arguments for rights (as with Saro-Wiwa and Ogonis) and freedoms to the cutters!

That is the Nigeria run by the so-called majority ethnic groups for you. We can see Boko Haram like Ojukwu's Biafra, in action, supported also by Jonathan and his Hausa counterparts. We can see Jonathan sit and look confused, not sure of what to do with Boko (like he paid off Niger delta militants whose agitation was just, if not their greed and unintellectual approach) begging for help from America.

Finally, is Jonathan, one of the Ojukwu-Biafran violent praise-singer confused about the peaceful Ogonis, their just agitation for political, social and economic justice, ruined environment? No! He and the Federal government is hardened, waiting for a period when news may come that all Ogonis are extinct due to environmental degradation and government, $hell's inaction and stupidity. Shame on Nigeria, because Ogoni, which is older than Nigeria will live to shame the Ojukwus and its Nigerian oppressors!

Pls what are you saying? Where do you stand? I read your post over and over but cant really figure out where you are heading to.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by lkdolz(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
really do u think gurriella warfare is easy. America runs away in Vietnam, Cuba, Korea, now Afghanistan

Please there is no semblance between the war the US is prosecuting and boko Haram insurgency. Yeah guerrilla warfare is difficult to fight but do you think Americans will allow anyone to desecrate their sovereignty, relentlessly killing it's citizens on American soil non-stop for 12years? Hell no.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Witcher(f): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2020
lkdolz:

Please there is no semblance between the war the US is prosecuting and boko Haram insurgency. Yeah guerrilla warfare is difficult to fight but do you think Americans will allow anyone to desecrate their sovereignty, relentlessly killing it's citizens on American soil non-stop for 12years? Hell no.
yep the far right terrorist
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

This Zik must have been a God.

One man decided what should enter or not enter the constitution

One man convinced another Region not to seek independence

One man decided we must all be 'one Nigeria'

And he did all this when Nigeria was still under the colonial rule of the British

You will have to explain to me how one man called Zik did all these things when I never knew that Zik was the owner of Nigeria

You will have to go read up on Nigeria's history. I'm not your high school history teacher bro.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by abah001: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2020
This Man fought for Freedom for emancipation from the North, he lost because no enough backings, Even the South west fought against him. now we all are suffering. Each region would have develop itself and able to govern itself heard it been we split out. As it is now,Nigeria is decaying each day that passes, if care is not taken another war will occur the handwriting evidence
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 06, 2020
merahki:

Save your insincere icon
You come across as a bad person, I don’t know why!

I am a terrible person. Very very bad. I snack on kids while they sleep.

Happy?

Now get lost.

I am not here to make you or your kind happy. I'm not here to say things that make your ego swell.

If you don't like my posts you can skip them or you can throw your phone in a deep well.

Don't care.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2020
abah001:
This Man fought for Freedom for emancipation from the North, he lost because no enough backings, Even the South west fought against him. now we all are suffering. Each region would have develop itself and able to govern itself heard it been we split out. As it is now,Nigeria is decaying each day that passes, if care is not taken another war will occur the handwriting evidence

How did the Southwest fight against him?

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2020
BanevsJoker:

He declared a country, Gowon declared a war.

I'd say Karma came for him.

Adaka Boro declared a country, Ojukwu declared a massacre upon them.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Danzysb(m): 10:47am On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:

What's this one saying?
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by APCHaram: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

On hearing that his son had been posted to Calabar, Ojukwus influential father prevailed on the authorities to cancel the posting. When Ojukwu learnt of what his father had done, he angrily resigned his job and drove all the way to Kaduna where he enlisted into the Nigerian Army as a lowly recruit.

Ojukwu was a Marxist and a card carrying member of the British Communist Party while he was at Oxford.

Ojukwu joined the army as a recruit towards instigating the NCOs for his Marxist revolution take-over.

Ojukwu admired both Fidel Castro and Che Guevara and wanted a communist revolution take-over. He even kept a beard like Fidel.

He will later get sense and see that this was futile and from there turn to a Nationalist.

What I admired about him is that he wasn't dogmatic and the fact that he relinquished his Marxist ideology unlike Nzeagwu and Ifeanjuwa who were staunch useful idiot One Nijeriya communist tools.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nggs121: 10:50am On Mar 06, 2020
My guys you know that you guys are wasting your lives, right?
Arguing about the actions of some incompetent fools

A revolution resulting in the execution of all corrupt officials is what this country needs.

Then the salary of all public officials need to be set at most 20000 naira

The president must work for free

Atomic bombs should be produced and dropped in the north where book haram live and where Muslims are too

All rich officials must have their accounts audited, to explain the source of their wealth
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Conner44: 10:50am On Mar 06, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Just out of curiosity, where do we have Arabic written? If it those Arabic letters on the currency then you are wrong to call them Arabic. Igbo or Yoruba are written using English (well Latin actually) alphabets. Does that make them English now?

Your last line of defense belongs to the north. Be humble and kiss the truth

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:

I don't think you have really read the history of Nigeria. I'll suggest you do that and learn how Azikiwe sold out his people and the agitators for secession.

It is a statement of fact that the Northerners too were agitating for their own Republic. Go search for the speech Azikiwe made to convince them to stay in Nigeria. These aren't fables.
They are facts. I won't do your research for you.

The constitution was suspended during the military era.

Before the military era, Nigeria could have disintegrated. But for Azikiwe's intervention.

The inclusion of the secession clause was so that every ethnic group then could review its inclusion in the Nigerian project.

By now, each unit that broke away would have celebrated over 30 years independence of their own.

Azikiwe is to blame for that.

When Adaka Boro wanted to secede with his Niger Delta people, guess who crushed his bid?

Ojukwu, another Igbo.

Can you see the pattern?

Yorubas have formed a regional security outfit now.

A prelude to being able to stand on their own.

Guess who the saboteurs are.

Guess who just sold out the South.

Guess who has agreed to community policing instead of forming their own regional security outfit.

Do you see the pattern there?

'When Adaka Boro wanted to secede with his Niger Delta people, guess who crushed his bid?

Ojukwu, another Igbo.'

Why do u people enjoy self deceit. Was Ojukwu ever the president of Nigeria?

'Yorubas have formed a regional security outfit now.'

After they brought in the dullard.

'It is a statement of fact that the Northerners too were agitating for their own Republic. Go search for the speech Azikiwe made to convince them to stay in Nigeria. These aren't fables.
They are facts. I won't do your research for you"

Nigerians agreed not to have a sessation clause...Stop writing irrelevant things
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

True, but he would have done a lot better if he had resigned from the Army and gone into politics....

Because his coup led to 4 years of appalling carnage.

Nope.

The nigerian military coup that Nzeogwu was a part of didn't cause 4 years of appalling carnage
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by gidgiddy: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:

You will have to go read up on Nigeria's history. I'm not your high school history teacher bro.

You better go and re-check your source of information because it is not possible for Zik to have done what you are claiming he did.

Zik may have been for 'one Nigeria'
Zik may have been against secession clause

But Zik had no powers to decide if Nigeria stayed as one or if secession clause entered or did not enter the constitution

Zik was just one man
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Correcto: 10:58am On Mar 06, 2020
His name please?
AceRoot:

Please note that this is not true at all. A Yoruba officer who had finished from Oxford before Emeka had the honour of being the first graduate to join the Nigerian Army. Sadly the gentleman joined the Education Corps of the Army and never became famous or infamous. I wish I could remember his name though.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2020
joefelin2345:
From where did you get this trash? Pls show us a copy of the Agreement that was signed between Baba Awolowo n Ojukwu. Would such important decision would have been verbal? If you don't have an ideal as how to move this country forward or promote good inter-tribal relationship pls hang up.

Wen Awolowo came out from prison, He discussed the way forward with Ojukwu and they both decided that since the north has renegade on the Aburi accord, The next step should be for yoruba and Igbos to launch oduduwa and biafra.

But Awolowo told Ojukwu that this isn't a decision he can finalize on his own, that he would have to consult the yoruba Congress to take a final decision...Awo did that and the yoruba leadership approved of it. Awolowo den announced to the world that **Once the east goes, The west will go**....This made headlines across the world.

Ojukwu declared biafra and Awo the coward collected minister for finance from his gambari masters and refused to declare oduduwa.

Stop living on beer parlour gist, read relevant books on the matter and educate urself. Read there was a country by Chinua Achebe and Why we struck by Major Ademoyega...Help urself

1 Like

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by GMbuharii: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2020
As at that time,coneheaded structures and all mufutaus were still living in palm trees and moving around without clothes grin
That seem also the period a certain paper warrior was pioneering and inspiring 100m Olympic race after abandoning his town and usainAfonjaBolt away when small small Fulani boys were chasing him.....

grin

Lzaa immhotep shalomc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 06, 2020
joefelin2345:
You are the one actually posting beer parlour gists here. Read Arthur Nwakwo's book: Nigeria the Challenge of Biafra; Ben Odogwu: No Place to Hide; Nelson Ota: Rebels Against Rebels etc with open mind. These were Igbo writers my brother. Thank you.

This is absolute trash...I should groan read 5 books as ur proof? U are a confused soul. Oga bring extracts from thise books and show ur proof, no de type nonsense

I'm still waiting for u to present proof that igbos were laughing @ yirubas and hausa in the north after the coup.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Correcto: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Really? How old are you? Where you born then? So you even know the western press that is Yoruba press was also hailing the coup?
Oracle23:

"After the Major Kaduna coup, Igbo traders in SW and North were mocking and rubbing it on the face of Northerners and Yorubas that the country belongs them. We know how Narcssist they can be. Hence the reason for retaliation from the Northerners."

This is as false as ever.

Same applies to everything u wrote in this post.

Pick up copies of books written by people who were around back den and read. It will help u not to post this kind of beer parlour gist again
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Ausrichie:

I swear after the coup they started attacking and disgracing igbo people for no reason. Some people don't read bros just fashi.

Attacks, Harassment, rioting and murder of the igbos in the north didnt start in 1966.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2020
Correcto:
Really? How old are you? Where you born then? So you even know the western press that is Yoruba press was also hailing the coup?

??
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by gidgiddy: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2020
APCHaram:

Ojukwu was a Marxist and a card carrying member of the British Communist Party while he was at Oxford.

I dont see anything wrong in one being a maxist or communist, he is entitled to his political beliefs

Ojukwu joined the army as a recruit towards instigating the NCOs for his Marxist revolution take-over.

Ojukwu admired both Fidel Castro and Che Guevara and wanted a communist revolution take-over. He even kept a beard like Fidel.

He will later get sense and see that this was futile and from there turn to a Nationalist.

Thats laughable that someone would be joining the Nigerian Army in the 50's because they hope to one day engineer a maxist take over

What I admired about him is that he wasn't dogmatic and the fact that he relinquished his Marxist ideology unlike Nzeagwu and Ifeanjuwa who were staunch useful idiot One Nijeriya communist tools.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by pasol4real(m): 11:03am On Mar 06, 2020
MetaPhysical:

The greatest burial ever witnessed in Nigeria was Fela Kuti.
Taa sharap
Go n play with sand
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by Correcto: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2020
Really?
mercyville:
Ojuku was a coward.
He mainly hid himself in the bunker and later fled when he thought he heard footsteps outside.. grin

Yorubas and the South south were the only warriors on the Biafran side.
Igbos are renowned cowards.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by GMbuharii: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2020
FrLukas:

I'd say Karma came for him.

Adaka Boro declared a country, Ojukwu declared a massacre upon them.

Adaka boro was later killed subtlely by the zoo army.

Keep doing a good job,keep sweating profusely trying to cause rift between the SE and SS,mental

grin
Lzza
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by fk002: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

And he did all this when Nigeria was still under the colonial rule of the British

You will have to explain to me how one man called Zik did all these things when I never knew that Zik was the owner of Nigeria

The same thing applies to what's happening now, you people accused the North for holding Nigeria at random how can a single region hold a whole country at ransom?

The other region have lawmakers if they truly want to secede they should talk to their lawmakers or Boycott elections as simple as that.
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by fk002: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

The same thing applies to what's happening now, you people accused the North for holding Nigeria at random how can a single region hold a whole country at ransom?

The other region have lawmakers if they truly want to secede they should talk to their lawmakers or Boycott elections as simple as that..
Re: 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 by PHijo(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

Gowon should be tied to a stake and burnt alive, he contributed largely to what Nigeria is today.

What a progressive nation Nigeria was before the devil abolished true federalism Nigeria practised

Thank God he is still alive to witness what Nigeria finally turned out to be even the North he selfishly tried to place higher above others are the worse hit

Since that 1960 something Nigeria has never made any headway, worst of it all enthroned a jihadist, a religious extremist and a blood sucker in the person of buhari

Gowon shall never know peace even in death

Stop distorting history! It was Ironsi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Obiano's Rugged Jeans Causes Outrage On Social Media (Photo) / Meet Timothy Owoeye: Biography, Nude Bath Ritual Scandal, Blackmail Video, Age / Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.