Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video (43531 Views)

Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA / APC, PDP Governors, Others Congratulate Ahmed Lawan On His Victory (photos) / Aregbesola Shades Amosun At APC Rally, Angry Amosun Reports Him To Buhari (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by FARA4GA: 12:00am On Mar 06, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.

89 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Bobbyfreshh(m): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Ahmed lawan the rubber stamp minions will surely approve the loan

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Captainrambo2: 12:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Lawan is a disgrace. See this man o undecided

386 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Lawgod247: 12:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by FARA4GA: 12:19am On Mar 06, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Lawan is a disgrace. See this man o undecided

How does one expect people to approve what they do not know in details? Except there is something else we aint being told sha.

221 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by tuborme: 12:25am On Mar 06, 2020
There was a country

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by valenu(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2020
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.

411 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by vicdom(m): 12:33am On Mar 06, 2020
embarassed
Buhari has finished Nigeria embarassed

261 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 12:41am On Mar 06, 2020
valenu:
After watching this video, I conclude that few good persons can not fight numerous bad people. May God bless senator Abaribe. At this point if I were him, I would join the bad people and let us all suffer the consequences.
Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they meant well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.
That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guess what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped. What it means is that we'll be borrowing to fund massive corruption....our leaders need to be voted out.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by XANDERBOY85: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2020
FARA4GA:

How does one expect people to approve what they do not know in details? Except there is something else we aint being told sha.

Probably a couple of multi-million dollar projects are destined for Daura!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CrudeSon: 12:49am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they mean well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.

You are a disgrace!!! No wonder the country keep going backwards cos of people like you,never appreciate even whenit is certain it will affect you most and not the senator! Tueh

202 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 12:51am On Mar 06, 2020
CrudeSon:

You are a disgrace!!! No wonder the country keep going backwards cos of people like you,never appreciate even whenit is certain it will affect you most and not the senator! Tueh
Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty, is it because I abused abaribe who's governor is one of the worst in the country yet he can't say a word against him, or I abused buhari cose he's not different from the useless leaders we've had since 1999...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you....let's be guided please.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CrudeSon: 12:57am On Mar 06, 2020
What a disgrace,only God can save us,Thank you Abaribe ,God bless and protect you,only the sane can see that this man genuinely cares for Nigerians forget about tribe, religion or party.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CrudeSon: 1:01am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Can u read and write, did I support the borrowing. U guys need to stop being emotional about politics and use intellect to gauge things...stop being petty...and that it will affect me, you're definitely joking....kindly go back to school if you have issues with English... I mean well, not abusing you.

Sorry for name calling but yout don't need to bring party into everything,there is what is called humanity which surpasses all,that Abaribe means well,he can as well fold his hands and watch like others,how many of PDP are trying like him?

BTW,when I finished schooling you haven't been conceived.

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Isobug: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they mean well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.
That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guest what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped.
Oga stop jooo...
Two wrongs can never make a right.

If PDP failed, ApC should endeavor to pass where PDP failed not adopting their failure pattern

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by NgwalandAbia(m): 1:02am On Mar 06, 2020
the only sensible Nigerian on the senate others are seasonal fools from the graveyard

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2020
Isobug:

Oga stop jooo...
Two wrongs can never make a right.

If PDP failed, ApC should endeavor to pass where PDP failed not adopting their failure pattern
I didn't justify any of their failures did I?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2020
CrudeSon:

Sorry for name calling but yout don't need to bring party into everything,there is what is called humanity which surpasses all,that Abaribe means well,he can as well fold his hands and watch like others,how many of PDP are trying like him?

BTW,when I finished schooling you haven't been conceived.
thank you, but pls act like a graduate always. Thanks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by CrudeSon: 1:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:
thank you, but pls act like a graduate always. Thanks.

I think you should always act like a human,that is the best bet now.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by ayzTIGER: 1:33am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

Tah...from what I see in this country they're all the same. If it was his government that is in power, you won't hear him. That's the same way APC was shouting as if they meant well for Nigeria...now PDP has ruled, APC is ruling , and Nigeria is still in deep waters.
That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guess what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped. What it means is that we'll be borrowing to fund massive corruption.
Afonja has a problem of speaking from both side of his mouth, seeing everything along party line and using evil that happened years ago to justify an evil about to happen.

The reality is when the time comes nobody cares if you are PDP or APC when you and the unborn suffer for this daylight robbery of a loan which Abaribe is fighting to stop

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Tomide007: 1:42am On Mar 06, 2020
ayzTIGER:
Afonja has a problem of speaking from both side of his mouth, seeing everything along party line and using evil that happened years ago to justify an evil about to happen.

The reality is when the time comes nobody cares if you are PDP or APC when you and the unborn suffer for this daylight robbery of a loan which Abaribe is fighting to stop
But didn't we write d same thing? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Upworkwriter007(f): 1:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

That said, you should note that if this loan is not well used, Nigeria is in deep shit because we can't sustain the debt....by the way, experts say that less than half is needed to start and complete those project , and guess what, the money is just to complete projects from where they stopped. What it means is that we'll be borrowing to fund massive corruption.

Anyone who has a problem with this statement is either a sycophant of PDP or APC,.........This guy spoke the truth....the project that we want to spend on is too expensive. sad that we'll run our children into a debt they won't benefit from. @ ayzTIGER or @ CrudeSon

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Magicians: 2:01am On Mar 06, 2020
If what you narrated here is what you deduced from that video a double edge plank need to be used to crack up your dead medulla.

Abaribe raised a point and Lawan made it clear that he had more than enough share to participate all along the debate.

There is no challenge but mutual respect duly accorded by both parties in the conversation.

FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Olf1amJw0

Contrary to the belief that the approval of the $22.7b loan was a smooth sail on the floor, this video shows that there was tension on the floor of the Senate on Thursday following the insistence of the opposition senators to know details of the $22.7bn foreign loan request from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, drew the attention of the Senate to the anomaly and requested the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, to allow a clause by clause consideration of the loan request.

His suggestion was turned down by Lawan who said the report of the panel should not be subjected to debate, based on the rules of the Senate.

Obviously uncomfortable with the position of Lawan, Abaribe warned the presiding officer that going ahead to hoodwink the Senate into passing the multi-billion dollar loan request without the details would spell doom for the country.

The matter degenerated into a serious tension with the senators viewing the development along partisan lines.

Watch the video to see as the drama unfolds.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by Magicians: 2:10am On Mar 06, 2020
You did not ask the clown you quoted why Abia is now a shithole rotten n condemned stats or is Abaribe not representing Abia ?

Tomide007:
CrudeSon post=87203056:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by KosiGee(m): 2:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
You did not ask the clown you quoted why Abia is now a shithole rotten n condemned stats or is Abaribe not representing Abia ?

Abia state has law makers. It is the duty of members of Abia state house of assembly to debate on Abia state issues and tackle the executive.

Abaribe was elected to represent his constituency at federal level. He is not the only representative from Abia state. His primary responsibility is the senate and issues at the national level. That’s what he is doing.

If there’s any bigot, unintelligent and bias person here, it is you who is throwing tantrums, using foul language against another group of people.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by KosiGee(m): 2:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
How many bad people are governing the rotten n condemned shithole state of Abia Abaribe came from that he can't fight them but would rather fight for tribes in Nigeria his own tribe love to hate ?! Many of you Igbos speak out of plain foolishness n gross stupidity thinking that your foolishness bigotry n stupid is not noticeable.

Your mental state is worrisome. If I was related to you or live near you, I’ll be concerned. You could be a danger to yourself and people around you.
There are so much negative energies around you.
Deal with this mister and save yourself.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by valenu(m): 3:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Magicians:
How many bad people are governing the rotten n condemned shithole state of Abia Abaribe came from that he can't fight them but would rather fight for tribes in Nigeria his own tribe love to hate ?! Many of you Igbos speak out of plain foolishness n gross stupidity thinking that your foolishness bigotry n stupid is not noticeable.

Most times I don't even like commenting on this faceless forum because the majority of Nigerians think they are wise and know it all while they are not. The hate is just much for one another here but while hating can not put money on my table, I would never hate. Hence, you are right in your own opinion.
In my own opinion, I'm not talking about tribe or language. I'm talking about how difficult it is to correct wrongs by to many people. Whether Abaribe is Hausa or Yoruba or igbo, it does not affect my thumbs up for him for not shutting his mouth like every other senator there. He seems to be the only one not afraid of opposing the FG for all these money issues. By the time tax is increased to 10 percent or more, you will understand that this is not about tribe or party.
But having known that the majority of Nigerians prefer hard life, I would prepare my mind for it so when it eventually comes, I won't be surprised. Thank you for quoting and insulting, it won't stop me from getting my daily bread.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Confronts Lawan On $22.7 Billion Loan Approval For Buhari (Video by TheTourist: 4:19am On Mar 06, 2020
HISTORY AND POSTERITY WILL BE KIND TO HIM.

WHEN THE WALLS OF LOANS COME CRUMBLING DOWN THEN HE'LL BE REMEMBERED FONDLY.

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Local Miners Found A Very Big Lithium (video/pictures) / Fathers Day: Phillip Shaibu Leads Altar Boys During Celebration / Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.