Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Wife's Legal Right To Be Maintained - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife's Legal Right To Be Maintained (292 Views)

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / Young Widow Wins Legal Right To Collect Her Dead Husband’s Sperm After He Took H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wife's Legal Right To Be Maintained by OpatolaEsq: 5:47am On Mar 06, 2020
A wife has a Legal right to be maintained by her husband.

The right of the wife to be maintained by the husband is not contractual in nature.
A man has a duty to maintain his wife and such wife has a right to be maintained. ( Ehahon v. Erhahon)

On the other hand, the wife has no corresponding responsibility to maintain her husband.

Where the husband fails or neglect to provide these basic necessities,, the wife becomes the husband agent and can collect credit in his name if she has no means of supporting herself.

The duty of the husband to maintain his wife will be terminated if:

1. The wife commits adultery.
2. Divorce
3. The husband is dead
4. The wife deserted the husband. Until the desertation stops

Opatola Victor Esq.
Adeopatola@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

See How To Make Igbo Ofe Nsala (white Soup) The Native Way / I Am Tired. Foodstuffs Needed / Nigerian Woman Dies On Her 1st Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.