Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) (65987 Views)

NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi / Good News In Italy: Church, Cemetery Filled With COVID-19 Bodies Is Empty(Pics) / Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by BlackfireX: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Which country are they accusing with that long epistle...
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
I am surprised that agbo, bitter herb concoction is Missing from that list grin
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by principalgee: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Thanks for this update, u av done well.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Augustine0real: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria with always false news ����
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Tagg: 2:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
9ja and rumor spreading is 5&6

Esp lagosians no the carry last for rumors
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by MineBitcoin(m): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
NIGERIA nawao things dey happen, all this amateur blogger una job well done.

CHECK THIS OUT.....

Friends, let me share with you a cool browser with built-in mining features, I've been using it few weeks now and results are great! You get paid in Bitcoins and payments come directly to your Bitcoin wallet. Download it here -

Check my signature
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Taaooma6740: 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
Gorem2013:

Believe me Nigeria no dey carry last

You remember how using salt to cure ebola went viral then. Nigerian were even adding salt to their bath water.

What do you expect from a nation with overtly gullible and superstitious citizens... taking them for the fools most of them are, is not really rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by debbysure001(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
I don't know why some Nigerians derive pleasure in creating and spreading fake news.

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by mamaafrik(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
So the Western media no dey produce hoarse news and info abi,na mumu una be to follow them
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by ednut1(m): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigerian media are a shame and disgrace
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by motionarena: 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nairaland mods when they see fake news

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Ukalsman(m): 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
Make sure the pepper soup is very hot in order to completely destroy the virus

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Deicide: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
The worst part is Nairaland Putin all those false news on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
Word of the day: PANDEMIC
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by styless(f): 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
good one
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by mastermaestro(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
gurunlocker:
Well, some dumb people find joy in creating panic by spreading false news.

The worse part is you will see educated Nigerians sharing fake WhatsApp messages on groups...

Very pathetic!!!

The WhatsApp broadcast messages are the most annoying. I have had to sternly warn some people on WhatsApp never to share bandwagon messages to me. One idiot sits in his house, fabricates a lie, rolls it out as news. Another idiot who will not verify its authenticity picks it up and launches it to disturb the sanity of reasonable people.
Fake news keeps flying everywhere. Very distressing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigerians are a different species of human beings.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
This is one of the reasons why PMB doesn't regard Nigerian media

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by eyinjuege: 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigerian bloggers are all going to hell na.

We've known this since cheesy
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by IpobAntidote: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria has become the final home of fake news thanks to the ipob and pdp propaganda machine.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by IpobAntidote: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2020
The night I saw headlines that Coronavirus has reached Nigeria, I said right away that fake news will be worse than the virus itself. By the following morning, I saw an article on Yahoo stating the same thing about coronavirus and Nigeria. No one regards Nigerian news as facts anymore thanks to the propaganda machines of the pdp and Ipob miscreants.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Yngson25(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
Freetech:
Pepper soup own crack me wella

How can someone open his mouth to claim pepper soup can cure virus
; cheesy cheesy... lol ��
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by olisefom: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2020
BBC only mentioned the ills associated with Nigeria as it concerns corona virus.

I didn't see anywhere they mentioned the exploits of Nigerians (that of Maurice Iwu for example)

Only negatives.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
There has been nothing real since Buhari came into power.....

Because people like you have been so determined to misinformed others about him so that many can hate him
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by ojbaba95(m): 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
I pity once widely-read reputable newspaper - Punch included as purveyor of FAKE NEWS! . How times fly?
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by NLEFCC(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
SocialFinance:

Sorry for the mix up.
I'm looking for that 3310, if get let me know.
How much you go pay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.