Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return (55364 Views)

Fashola Visits Main Bridge Of The Bonny-Bodo Road Project (Photos) / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Toby009(m): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2020
So a few months ago, I and two of the most amazing and vibe filled travel buddies took a trip down to the South-southern state of Akwa-Ibom.

We decided to explore some of the hidden gems in the city and of course we had to document every bit of it!

Is Uyo worth visiting? Is it just all hype ??

Watch and Enjoy the full video YouTube��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHk8jKJS84k

Photos
1. At the Amalgamation House in Ikot Abasi
2. At Ibeno Beach, Ibeno
3. Plaza roundabout from an overhead bridge
4. At the women war memorial museum.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Perfecttouchade: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2020
Ok ... upload pictures too... modified...why that guy black like that cheesy
Nice experience

23 Likes

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by lalasticlala(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2020
You should have uploaded at least 8 interesting pictures to add to the video to make your thread more interesting

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Toby009(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
1. Lord Lugard's Colonial office, Ikot Abasi
2. Slaves prison
3&4.Bridge of no return

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Toby009(m): 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
1. Ibeno beach
2. University of Uyo
3. Cenotaph Museum
4. Plaza market

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Riele(f): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
kiss

If you don't make this thread interesting by posting more pics .

I'll open a new thread and do it for you grin

39 Likes

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Petyprincess(f): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
This is nice,i wish to visit outside Lagos again,i've only visited akure when i wanted to write my jamb.

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Hadampson(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Beautiful cool

Upload more pictures OP wink
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Hadampson(m): 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
Riele:
kiss

If you don't make this thread interesting by posting more pics .

I'll open a new thread and do it for you grin

If you have Akwa ibom pictures, please share it with us wink

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by nlPoster: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
So much history.

op could you tell us what brought about this visit, casual or research stuff?

What is the women's war memorial? Is it the Aba one?

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Toby009(m): 7:29am On Mar 08, 2020
More...

1. Plaque signifying the mock grave site of the 1929 women's war victims.
2. Signpost pointing the 1914 amalgamation House - it is rumoured that the amalgamation pact was signed here.
3. Women war memorial museum
4. Bridge of no return

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Toby009(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2020
More...

1. Champion breweries.
2. Ibeno beach up and close
3. Trying out some a local delicacy - Afang and Garri
4. Ibom Tropicana

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Powersurge: 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nice
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by icztcb2326: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Wow

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Slawormir: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Nice one

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ipisi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hmm

That guy's leg in the second picture though is scary � ooo

37 Likes

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by buygala(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
That second picture is graphic please cry

Why is that guy's leg looking like that of a burnt goat

Common Pears Lotion, he cannot buy...Now see the kind of dirty leg he is showing the entire world sad

*spits angry

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by wilemer: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toby0009:
So a few months ago, I and two of the most amazing and vibe filled travel buddies took a trip down to the South-southern state of Akwa-Ibom. We decided to explore some of the hidden gems in the city and of course we had to document every bit of it!

Is Uyo worth visiting? Is it just all hype ??

Photos
1. At the Amalgamation House in Ikot Abasi
2. At Ibeno Beach, Ibeno
3. Plaza roundabout from an overhead bridge
4. At the women war memorial museum.

interesting places. on my 'to-visit' list

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Hoephase: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
@op see the plenty eba wey only u wan download tomorrow you go open thread dey ask us how you go take loose weight. grin grin

Nice Post please keep the pictures coming.

31 Likes

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by davillian(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Mstick: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dear Nigerian immigration, my daughter died last night and I am so heartbroken.

I paid for a passport since last year and I have been told no booklet.

I've gone to meet the PASSPORT OFFICER I've called and called the complaint team in Abuja, I even cried speaking to one of your officers called IBB and she asked to go and cry to the PCO!

nothing works in this country absolutely nothing.

We need this passport to fly her for surgery in Dubai since last year. Thank you buhari! Thank you babadende!

I created this thread and I begged the mods to post it because I was desperate and they never did.
Thank you all!

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by cdyfoundation(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Ipisi(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Petyprincess:
This is nice,i wish to visit outside Lagos again,i've only visited akure when i wanted to write my jamb.

Don't worry I will take you around.... Jelato

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
i love my state

cant wait to get a seaport
everything stew
ideal state for online businesses especially
(cheap rent, Very clean state, cheap transport and low cost of living)

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by lagzzy011: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
More photos

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by supereagle(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
H
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by nurez305(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Great... most expecially the garri and afang soup picture

Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
This lady get teeth with swag
Re: A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return by taretoofine(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Abasi ayaya oo

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) / What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Second Niger Bridge Opens To Traffic Tomorrow, Fashola Does Final Inspection