Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic (63941 Views)

Port Harcourt 7pm Curfew: Residents Trapped In Traffic Gridlock: Pics & Video / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by frowland(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
GamalNasser:
Dropped off my mum recently at the airport on her way to ABV , after dropping her were got stuck in traffic , we were approaching Maryland junction when I received her call thinking she wanted to tell me she had boarded only for her to tell me she had reached Abuja . ...My cousin once took off from Benin and his driver left Benin by road after dropping him in the airport and the driver they both still arrived Lekki phase 1 at the same time

Funny.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by samonak(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
That's why I don't like Lagos, even if you give me a job in Lagos that pays 200k every mth I no go accept, I'll only enter Lag when the light rail line is completed. I can't come n kill myself.

1 Like

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lagos traffic is on another level..

Traffic that will make you forget your walking steps after sitting for straight 5hrs..

4 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Tripitaka: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Exaggeration ...

He isn't exaggerating. It once took me 8hrs to move from Gbagada to festac. That's from around 5pm to past 1am the next day. The traffic between Oshodi-Toyota-Cele-Mile 2 was on a whole new level on that day.

6 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by kate85(f): 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dreambeat:
Does the writer mean he spent over 6hrs in traffic? That's serious.
It's very possible.
Last week Friday, I was going to VI from festac. I left festac around 3.30pm and got to My destination in VI around 11.23pm.

3 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
No be lie ooo.
I did school runs today morning, dropped my kids in school and drove back home, by the time I got home school has closed.
Now I'm planning the afternoon school runs cry cry cry

#LagosTraffic

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by greatdave(m): 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Just 1 question...Do you stay in Lagos?

sassysure:
6hours?
I don't believe that.

3 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by linearity: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Unrated900:

I didn’t believe him joor
Didn’t the Airline has any stop over or is his cousin dangote that fly first class
Or he think international plane fly like you are going from Lagos to kebbi by road without stopping
OP weldone sir

Stop over between Lagos and London? Oga na on top of Atlantic Ocean dem go stop over?

That is a direct 6hrs flight, some pilots do it even less eg 5hrs or 5 & half hours depending on their schedules.

He might be exaggerating a little but, his story is plausible and depicts the everyday struggle of the average lagosian.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by eleojo23: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
linearity:

Stop over between Lagos and London? Oga na on top of Atlantic Ocean dem go stop over?

That is a direct 6hrs flight, some pilots do it even less eg 5hrs or 5 & half hours depending on their schedules.

He might be exaggerating a little but, his story is plausible and depicts the everyday struggle of the average lagosian.

grin
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by larryking540: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
sulaak:
They should build airports in all LGA in Lagos.

The solution is mass transit metro line.

That city isn't organized ,,,there are some scrabs people call vechicle that needs to be pull of the street ,
But na develop country they take that kin action not 9ja who refused to provide jobs for it's citizens
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Graceofgod543: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
[color=#990000see below][/color]
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by showafrica(m): 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
punisha:
I can relate...

My cousin dropped me off at the airport I still got back to ph,drove down to aba to collect my clothes from my tailor...dude got home as I just passed oyigbo on my way back.

No even will I permit my shadow go back to that state for any reason.

Lol @ permitting your shadow.. Lagos is over hyped. People are busy for nothing. Only 20% of Lagosians enjoy lagos.

2 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by showafrica(m): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
sulaak:
They should build airports in all LGA in Lagos.

The solution is mass transit metro line.

Simple.. Just those kind of small train we see in Europe will solve lagos problems. But No, Sanwo olu is still doing experiments with banning okada and keke. After 8yrs his achievements will only be toilet. I thought the man is learned but it looks like he is just a remote control

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Powersurge: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dreambeat:
Does the writer mean he spent over 6hrs in traffic? That's serious.
In December 2014, I spent 5hrs at a place I ought to spend less than 20 minutes.

1 Like

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Unrated900(m): 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
AdiscoPele:
My brother, pls always think before you type such jargons on a public forum.

For your information, airplane travel is not like local land travel by GIG Motors were you'll have stopover in Lokoja on your way to Abuja. Lagos to Heathrow with BA is a straight 6hrs journey.

Sharap slowpoke
We travel as well
Their are stop overs
Depends on the airline
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by CSTR2: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
yarimo:
ipob made power bike abi ? grin
Why not?
There is nothing sophisticated about power bikes once you can import the engines.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by callokere1(m): 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:
About 3 years ago, cruising into Lagos from Ibadan............

The journey was hitch free, until i hit mowe........ Spent 5 hours + from Mowe to Surulere..... I was so badly traumatised and felt abused ........ cheesy

shocked
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lagos is really crazy, imagine standing for over 2hrs
at CMS or Obalende waiting
for BRT and when it
eventually came, it packed the people only in the front line and still had to wait an hr for another BRT because agbero
said Lekki na 400 and Ajah 500 for Danfo
finally another BRT came and I had to stand all the from Obalende to Lekki Round About , we spent over 2 and half hour again standing, that's 5 hrs all together.

Lagos is terrible , the government should regulate the activities of those NURTW drivers , why banned other means of transportation if you can not provide enough BRT, Lagos state has made agberos richer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
helinues:
So the person is saying he spent 7 hours inside traffic or?

If you stay in Lagos, you won't doubt that.

Didn't you see Lagos state government apology message last December to those that spent over 8 hours on the traffic?

There are some parts of Lagos that I always think twice before going to or passing through the areas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
Unrated900:

Sharap slowpoke
We travel as well
Their are stop overs
Depends on the airline

Bro, stop over occurs if you are travelling to a country that is not the mother country(headquarter) of the airline.
Let's say you are traveling to US or Dubai or any other country excluding Kenya with Kenya airline, you may have a stop over in Kenya.

But if you are traveling to US with an airline that headquartered in US(i.e an airline that the headquarter is in US), you won't have any stopover, the journey will be straight to US.

4 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by FuckAllTheMODs: 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
linearity:

Both of you are correct, it depends on the airline, the location of their headquarter etc
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by sirchrislatestn(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
punisha:

Why put asunder between a man and his beer?
How dare you?
bros dnt mind them as if none of their family drink beer or will get mind to reject chilled bottle of small stout this hot afternoon
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
yarimo:
ipob made power bike abi ? grin

My dear Ibo - obsessed fellow, 6 million Jews were killed by Hitler. They are waxing strong. For five years now, your hero has unleashed murderous mayhem on the people who you guys believe are only good for the grave.
I PUT IT TO YOU, IF GOD SAYS SO, YOU WILL FAIL. THE IBOS AND OTHERS YOU HATE SO MUCH, WILL THRIVE IN SPITE OF YOU.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by juwoonn(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
GamalNasser:
Dropped off my mum recently at the airport on her way to ABV , after dropping her were got stuck in traffic , we were approaching Maryland junction when I received her call thinking she wanted to tell me she had boarded only for her to tell me she had reached Abuja . ...My cousin once took off from Benin and his driver left Benin by road after dropping him in the airport and the driver they both still arrived Lekki phase 1 at the same time
Lol... Na your cousin own worse pass.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by lucky4west: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
hahahahahahaha that traffic must be between ikeja and oke-aro! that fagba traffic alone na war! between ikeja under bridge and mobil filling station oba Akran i have spent four hours before! for those who know ikeja very well i'm talking about a distance u can almost see the end with your eyes! infact traffic jam in lagos is reducing our life span!

2 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by lucky4west: 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ecne:
No be lie ooo.
I did school runs today morning, dropped my kids in school and drove back home, by the time I got home school has closed.
Now I'm planning the afternoon school runs cry cry cry

#LagosTraffic
....hahahahahaha best example of the crazy life we live in lagos

1 Like

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by RaptorX: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
linearity:

No Atlantic Ocean between Lagos and London.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by Rubicon67(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Overexaggeration or reality?

It means they were stuck in the traffic for nearly or over 7 hours, conservatively put?

Flight time to the UK from Nigeria is approximately 6 hours...more or less, depending on head or tailwind, immigration control, baggage drop off or check-in and air traffic control on the other side, in some situation.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by ALEXIS0240: 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
Dereformer:

Please stay away from beer. It will kill you.
Any how you think am,something must kill a man.
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by EllaSparkles(f): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
One of the things I hate about Lagos. Many yrs ago, I left aswani mkt around 5pm and arrived Ikotun-Egbe at 11pm, wasn't funny at all

3 Likes

Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by flaggbarnett85: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
hmmmmm

zzzz//////
Re: A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic by jaxxy(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
roundman:
And yesterday's traffic was something else,left ojota say around 7.30pm got Ajah at 12.30am,I have never seen this kind of traffic in a long while like what i witness yesterday. If i was going to benin from lagos, would have gotten there even have some beer.

It has never been so bad, the number of cars on the roads have probably doubled and Sanwoolu has no idea what he’s doing, be it security, traffic control, rehabilitation of bad roads, road network systems, state development. He is clueless right now and on autopilot.

Besides the work the federal government is leading in the state there is not happening again.

When the rains come u will see the worst of Lagos. I hope it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking and lagosians can cope, unless we act fast and fix these inner road network systems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) / Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.