Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment (7280 Views)

Obasanjo And Akpabio Discussing At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) / Obasanjo, Patience & Goodluck Jonathan At The Wedding Of Timi Alaibe's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

My guy na Sylva....once he is out....am cool
There's no guy called sylva in that show
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
ZAWs:
The removal of Lyon was actually a plot for Alaibe becoming the governor of bayelsa state.(Buhari is aware of this one)
Goodluck as a former president needs a son in Bayelsa.
Should this case made it's way to the Supreme, Tanko may be heading this one himself.
If really you understand my point.
Plausible
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
amadiwati:
The next party which is accord scored about 1100 votes. I think there will be a rerun
With pdp votes out,they will be no rerun as he would have gotten the spread
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

There's no guy called sylva in that show
You know the Sylva I mean.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Plausible
Alaibe asked for the nullification of the Primaries.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
what is happening again? this man really want PDP to lose bayelsa else why would he be contesting against the primary. had it been that APC were still in power there, would there be a court case the guy should know that court could chase PDP from office. I smell APC handwork
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by pat077: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

If they don't have the spread....there will be a re-run excluding the pdp and APC.
that will be interesting. But, both of them will have candidates via proxy.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by kelvinginzie: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

This case will go the same way of Lokobiri's case
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
kelvinginzie:

Exactly my thoughts....
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by UnknownT: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
kelvinginzie:

How did Heineken's case go?

1 Like

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

Alaibe wants to be governor
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
kelvinginzie:

It will and it will not.in lokpobiri's case,it was clear that there was no primaries but he filed out of time.if not,they would have nullified it.alaibe filed early
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

Exactly my thoughts....
Am disappointed.so alaibe filed outside 14 days
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by moderatedguy: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
bayelsaowei:
grin..I don tire for my state...

It is at this time the citizens of my state revolt and chase both apc and pdp.. initiate a revolution and like a surprise lynch the fools in both parties..

Bayelsa knows no development because of political interests and madness..

Is it not the same Bayelsans that are plunging the state.It is not really about APC and PDP it is about the indigenes
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:
Facts of the Case:

Ndutimi Alaibe made three prayers:-
1. That the PDP guber primary be nullified on the premise that the Ward congresses of the PDP was not well-conducted and did not follow the constitutional guidelines of the party.

2. That the inclusion of the local government elected officials as members of the delegates was illegal.

3. That the inclusion of the ad-hoc delegates was suspect and nkt in tandem with the statutes as labelled in the PDP guidelines, the Electoral Act and the Nigerian Constitution.

He furthermore stated that the PDP constitution , Section 50(1): "The NEC shall, subject to the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), Electoral Act (as amended) and the PDP guidelines, formulate guidelines and regulations for the nomination of candidates for elections into public offices at all levels and shall be the final authority for resolving all disputes relating to the choice of candidates for the party for any election."

See alaibe that rejoined PDP from APC just few weeks to elections,I dey laugh am
That will use is ward chairman against
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by comos: 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
The submission lack merit.

The court will dismiss it.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
Alaibe needs to watch his back cause he might be assassinated or kidnapped
FYI,alaibe PDP ward chairman might even said that alaibe is not a duely registered party member
Greedy polithiefians always jumping shios
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 9:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Am disappointed.so alaibe filed outside 14 days
He filed within 14 days....the primaries was 3rd/4th September.....he filed on the 13th of Sept.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

He filed within 14 days....the primaries was 3rd/4th September.....he filed on the 13th of Sept.
So how can it go the way of lokpobiri or you forgot why his case was dismissed?
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
otuekong1:
Alaibe needs to watch his back cause he might be assassinated or kidnapped
FYI,alaibe PDP ward chairman might even said that alaibe is not a duely registered party member
Greedy polithiefians always jumping shios
I agree but it will be too glaring and open and may likely cause chaos but as it stands even death can't arrest that judgment from being delivered.expelling him from the party will also not work because as of when he filed,he was a member of the party except he defected.in amaechi vs omehia and araraume vs pdp,pdp expelled amaechi and araraume but the apex court still gave them victory.if you read their rulings,it was one of their reasons for the judgment
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
comos:
The submission lack merit.

The court will dismiss it.
If it does not,diri and Dickson will not be begging alaibe to drop the case.we all know that what alaibe is saying is true,the problem is whether alaibe can prove it before the court.i will also like to know what pdp constitution says about delegates voting in primaries
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

So how can it go the way of lokpobiri or you forgot why his case was dismissed?
Lokpobiri was saying they should make him the winner nah...it was dismissed.

His case did not die by means of 14 days limit.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by kelvinginzie: 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

It will and it will not.in lokpobiri's case,it was clear that there was no primaries but he filed out of time.if not,they would have nullified it.alaibe filed early

He filed early and the court is now giving judgement on march 10th
The supreme Court will dismiss this case as statute barred, the supreme Court is done and dusted with Bayelsa litigations
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

If it does not,diri and Dickson will not be begging alaibe to drop the case.we all know that what alaibe is saying is true,the problem is whether alaibe can prove it before the court.i will also like to know what pdp constitution says about delegates voting in primaries
Thank you.....
I have been looking into it since afternoon.....

Again, Alaibe argued that, the ad-hoc delegates election was flawed procedurally. In many cases, the court has opted that is a domestic affair of the party.
The Court will only decide on the matter if the SWC and NWC are at variance with the list.
Example: Kashamu & Ors v PDP & 3 Ors
Ekiti PDP before Justice Taiwo
Chime v PDP

Once the National Working Committee agrees with the SWC, the Court most times especially when the onus of proof is on the claimants to show evidence. There is none.
Struck out.
You know how difficult it is to prove these things.

Alaibe has gone to the Federal High Court, Abuja on July 10 via a motion exparte to halt the LG elections that was to hold on Aug 10. The Court granted it and adjourned till October 19.

The Bayelsa SIEC went ahead saying they saw no notice.
Again Rule 12(1) of the Court says:
"No order made on motion exparte shall last for more than 14 days after the party or person affected by the order has applied for the order to be varied or discharged or last for another 14 days after application to vary or discharge it has been argued."

The SIEC is an independent body as highlighted by Odili (JSC) in one of her submissions and hence the Bayelsa State Govt and indeed Diri cannot pay for the miscommunication between the FHC, Abuja and Bayelsa SIEC.

Alaibe didn't stop there, he also approached the State High Court in Bayelsa to bar the elected LG officials to vote at the Congress and Justice Eberiyi Umukoro in his words: "This court has no jurisdiction, the matter is political, domestic and ultra-vires" (link reproduced).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/bayelsa-pdp-primaries-court-declines-to-bar-delegates/amp/

Down below is the PDP Constitution 2012 (as amended):

It was further expanded at the 2017 Convention to include:
Statutory delegates are made up of party officials, current and past elected councillors, council chairmen, former state working committee (SWC) members, National Assembly members, erstwhile federal lawmakers as well as one-time speakers, serving, former members of NEC and ex-governors.
"This was used in the Ekiti guber primary"

Lawyers......ejimatic and co....call them abeg, make them help us.

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
kelvinginzie:

The supreme Court will dismiss this case as statute barred, the supreme Court is done and dusted with Bayelsa litigations
Are you OK or you just want to embarrass yourself or its hatred for apc? Pre election matters just like election matters must be dispensed by a high court not later than 180 days.he filed on the 13 of september which means it is within time range until between 13-20 of march and the court will deliver judgment on the 10.so many ignorant fellows lurking around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

Lokpobiri was saying they should make him the winner nah...it was dismissed.

His case did not die by means of 14 days limit.
The appeal court and supreme court ruled that he filed out of time.do not stress me.the merit of the case was only looked at by the high court
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2020
kelvinginzie:

It's not yet 180 days. I think Mar 13 or 14 will make it so.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

The appeal court and supreme court ruled that he filed out of time.do not stress me.the merit of the case was only looked at by the high court
No P...
It was filed out of time.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

Thank you.....
I have been looking into it since afternoon.....

Again, Alaibe argued that, the ad-hoc delegates election was flawed procedurally. In many cases, the court has opted that is a domestic affair of the party.
The Court will only decide on the matter if the SWC and NWC are at variance with the list.
Example: Kashamu & Ors v PDP & 3 Ors
Ekiti PDP before Justice Taiwo
Chime v PDP

Once the National Working Committee agrees with the SWC, the Court most times especially when the onus of proof is on the claimants to show evidence. There is none.
Struck out.
You know how difficult it is to prove these things.

Alaibe has gone to the Federal High Court, Abuja on July 10 via a motion exparte to halt the LG elections that was to hold on Aug 10. The Court granted it and adjourned till October 19. That is a Jankara judgement.

The Bayelsa SIEC went ahead saying they saw no notice.
Again Rule 12(1) of the Court says:
"No order made on motion exparte shall last for more than 14 days after the party or person affected by the order has applied for the order to be varied or discharged or last for another 14 days after application to vary or discharge it has been argued."

The SIEC is an independent body as highlighted by Odili (JSC) in one of her submissions and hence the Bayelsa State Govt and indeed Diri cannot pay for the miscommunication between the FHC, Abuja and Bayelsa SIEC.

Alaibe didn't stop there, he also approached the State High Court in Bayelsa to bar the elected LG officials to vote at the Congress and Justice Eberiyi Umukoro in his words: "This court has no jurisdiction, the matter is political, domestic and ultra-vires" (link reproduced).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/bayelsa-pdp-primaries-court-declines-to-bar-delegates/amp/

Down below is the PDP Constitution 2012 (as amended):

It was further expanded at the 2017 Convention to include:
Statutory delegates are made up of party officials, current and past elected councillors, council chairmen, former state working committee (SWC) members, National Assembly members, erstwhile federal lawmakers as well as one-time speakers, serving, former members of NEC and ex-governors.
"This was used in the Ekiti guber primary"

Lawyers......ejimatic and co....call them abeg, make them help us.
That is why i said it depends on evidence adduced before the courts.The courts have ruled that while parties can manage their internal affairs,it must be strictly according to their law and once they bring cases to courts,they are at the mercy of the courts.the supreme court has frowned at arbitrariness of parties severally.

Before the primaries,a delegate list was prepared and accepted by all.dickson allegedly inflated the figures days to the primaries,that is very fatal and undemocratic.
What pdp agreed at their convention must still be included in their laws.the number of voters at that primaries is allegedly more than what was earlier agreed,there was overvoting like in osun.

You called a federal high court judgment,a jankara ruling but the ones that were dished out against oshiomhole are in order? Again,you are an annoying fellow.what happens to a court order being always followed no matter how absurd it looks?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=senatordave1 post=87252848]
You called a federal high court judgment,a jankara ruling but the ones that were dished out against oshiomhole are in order? Again,you are an annoying fellow.what happens to a court order being always followed no matter how absurd it looks?[/quote]
Annoying because of a statement?.....
You take these things too personal....

Calling a FHC judgement Jankara is absurd, and withdrawn.

I didn't see the already prepared delegates list before ..the delegates list is online.

Alaibe has to prove it.
It depends on what his people write and prove.
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by senatordave1(m): 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
[quote author=fergie001 post=87253423][/quote]

Diri is going
Re: Alaibe Vs Diri: Court Fixes March 10 For Judgment by fergie001: 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
senatordave1:

Diri is going
You know I won't argue that with you, especially as I haven't seen what both lawyers has penned down.

The role and written addresses of the PDP lawyer will go a long way.

Mar 10 will help us. Whichever way, democracy wins.
I just chronicled what Dickson did before the election and I am gross.

As long as Sylva doesn't win, I am fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 8th In The Latest Electricity Regulatory Index For Africa 2020 / Are These Bulletproof Vests From The Same Manufacturer? / APC’s Victory Confirms Buhari Performed Well – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.