Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero (51212 Views)

Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Title, Defeats Vettori / Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by BluntBoy(m): 11:31am On Mar 08, 2020
Lifestone:
Was Romero expecting Adesanya to fight from the center of the Octagon which is his (Romero) strength? He must be a joker ! Every fight has its own strategy and plans. Asking your opponent to fight your style is foolishness.

Every fighter hopes that his opponent makes the mistake of bending to their style.

For instance, Joshua expected Ruiz to be on the back foot in their first fight because it suits Joshua well to come forward when his opponents are defensive. But Ruiz came forward, and thus refused to bend to Joshua's style therefore making the fight difficult for Joshua.

It is foolishness to you but it would have been wisdom had Adesanya made the mistake of throwing a reckless kick or punch (he did one or two and got punished), and running into a punch or kick that knocks him out cold.

Just like you said, every fight has its own strategy and plan. So, why are you rubbishing Romero's strategy?

Moreover, pre-fight, Romero had said that he was going to capitalize on mistakes, and not necessarily to fight dirty.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by ma373733(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2020
gringringringrin all this Yoruba boys and boxing eh 5&6 I don dey fear una o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by causewahala: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2020
Nor be by size. . . . I actually expected Adesanya to be trashed. That guy has a very bright future.

Lemmie go watch it on YouTube and troll those useless Americans hating on my boy!!!

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
yorubas are warriors.

Before the white came, yorubas have been fighting. They have fought so many well documented wars

That's why I laugh at those flat heads who never fought for anything in their lives and the only biafran war they fought in their existence was led by a yoruba man call us cowards.

#fact ! Wa gbayi omo iya mi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by kelvindj98: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2020
causewahala:
Nor be by size. . . . I actually expected Adesanya to be trashed. That guy has a very bright future.

Lemmie go watch it on YouTube and troll those useless Americans hating on my boy!!!
Correct guy. I don troll dem tire. If u see the way they were all boasting all over YouTube that Yoel will kill Israel.
One idiot said they robbed Yoel, I trolled him back saying Yoel was fighting like someone being robbed at gun point.
I don abuse all of dem tire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by burner44(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2020
Topmaike007:
That's good, it's only him and Joshua that's still making us happy as a Nigerian
Don't forget Kamaru Usman UFC Welterweight Champion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by bkool7(m): 11:52am On Mar 08, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Boring 5 rounds.

He did what he had to do.
That guy is heavier than him.
He can't stand with him pound for pound.
Just so you know, Israel knock Whitaker out in round 2 while Whitaker defeated this guy by unanimous decision.
Israel can choose not to fight him and wait for the real person he had trained for. But he chose to because he knew he could.
Not all fight can be entertaining

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by scanado(m): 11:52am On Mar 08, 2020
Kazeem2222:

https://abegabeg.com/israel-adesanya-retains-ufc-middleweight-championship-after-beating-romero/

Congratulations to Israel Adesanya (stylebender) and Efe Ajaba (the one and only)
On your victories. Keep repping us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by burner44(m): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2020
emerged01:

You all concerned about the two but you people should know that Efe fought yesterday too,and he won by knockout.
Efe Ajagba is a promising boxer and currently stands on a 100% record

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by AngelUhate: 12:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Beat wetin? The worst fight I've seen in my life
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by bkool7(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aturitoroman:
Congrats to him but the fight was boring...

The fight of the night was zhang vs joanna
Female fighters dy try shall

Who won?
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by ronyman(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
Happy to hear that our Afonja brethren are doing well... Well done!
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Aturitoroman: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
bkool7:

Who won?

The Chinese girl Zhang
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by bkool7(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aturitoroman:

The Chinese girl Zhang

Oh. She is still the champion
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
faceland:

Their parents ran away from this shithole and gave them the opportunity. AJ might be a champ but he is not the best Heavyweight fighter because he is to butty/soft to challenge Tyson Fury.

Israel, that I love but was disappointed in his last fight, has only been in the UFC for 2 years. It's too early to say he is dominating anything.

Leave story for the gods Nyanmiri ! What are you and your parents still doing in the "shithole" ? Don't you like such opportunity too Igbo ?
Would you have said same if these guys were from arochukwu,land of demons ? Envy and jealousy kee you der ! " AJ is to butty/soft to challenge Tyson Fury" blah,blah ! Tyson Fury ko,Tyson Furo ni ! Thunder faya ya moda !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Harkinloyhe19(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mo ti na gbogbo won paah ���... Congrats bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by burner44(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
faceland:

The crowd started booing them. Some people paid $8k to have a front roll sit. That is more than 2 years salary for an average Nigerian just for a boring 20 minutes dance.
You are misinformed, they were booing Adesanya because he made a joke saying he was going to send Romero crumbling like the twin towers. Americans took it as an insult and he was being booed at the end of the match.
The twin tower bombing is the most dreaded terrorist attack on American soil that claimed at about 3000 American lives

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Ryocaj(m): 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
iammo:
cool

Brave Omoluabis.. Adesanya and Anthony Joshua keep repping us

And Kamoru Usman.. Usman n Adesanya represent Nigeria.. Joshua reps Britain..
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sulasa07(m): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
iammo:
cool

Brave Omoluabis.. Adesanya and Anthony Joshua keep repping us

What about Kamaru Usman,Efe Ajagba?
Maybe you don't know them

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by burner44(m): 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

That can be so annoying... making some think the match was fixed or bought.
ADESANYA was the one being booed because of his comments on twin tower bombing. He even raised the middle finger at one time.
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sulasa07(m): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Boring 5 rounds.
How many rounds can you survive? 0.5millisecond?
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by PotatoSalad(m): 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
sulasa07:

How many rounds can you survive? 0.5millisecond?
Come fight me. I'll punch you so hard you'll see the fourth dimension.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sulasa07(m): 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Opponents should kuku surrender their belts..... He seems the Mike Tyson of UFC.......... cheesy
What about Jon Jones(1 Loss),Khabib Nurmagomedov((28-0)
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Lexusgs430: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
sulasa07:

Are they from Nigeria?...... grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sulasa07(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are they from Nigeria?...... grin
Every good fighter can't be from Nigeria na grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Lifestone(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
emerged01:

You all concerned about the two but you people should know that Efe fought yesterday too,and he won by knockout.
You should do a thread on him and let's celebrate our own. Go Nigeria go
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by sulasa07(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
burner44:

Efe Ajagba is a promising boxer and currently stands on a 100% record
Efe Ajagba:13 fights,13 wins,11 by knockout, 2 by decision,
Out of 13 opponents, 1 dead,4 hospitalized
Wilder should have fought with this guy b4 his rematch with fury coming June

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Topmaike007(m): 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
burner44:

Don't forget Kamaru Usman UFC Welterweight Champion
so we have them plenty
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Lexusgs430: 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
sulasa07:

Every good fighter can't be from Nigeria na grin

They said...... Believe in Nigeria, to grow the Naira......... wink
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by Lexusgs430: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
sulasa07:

Efe Ajagba:13 fights,13 wins,11 by knockout, 2 by decision,
Out of 13 opponents, 1 dead,4 hospitalized
Wilder should have fought with this guy b4 his rematch with fury coming June

Who wants to fight a killer....... wink
Re: Israel Adesanya Retains UFC Middleweight Championship After Beating Romero by kombats: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
sulasa07:

I'm fully anticipating Khabib VS Tony Ferguson's fight. I hope Khabib gives him the same punishment he dishes out to all these trash talking opponents (Mc Gregor and Co).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / Cristiano Ronaldo's Son Scores Seven Goals In Half For Juventus Youth Team(Photo / AFCON: Kei Kamara's House Almost Destroyed After Missing A Victory Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.