Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (5021 Views)

What Is The Worst University Course To Study? / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2020
Below are courses you should not study, because chances of getting a job with their certificates are very low in the country.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2020
bigt2:
Seriously?
yes

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by bigt2(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:
yes
You've been misinformed. undecided

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:
Below are courses you should not study, because chances of getting a job with their certificates are very low in the country.

If you're enlightened and educated, you would know that NO course is useless.
It is the environment and system in the country, that is useless to the courses mentioned, above.

18 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2020
justnock:

It is the environment and system in the country, that is useless to the courses mentioned, above.
That is why I made the inscription "in Nigeria" . I didn't say in the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:
You're spot on but the heading of the topic could have been better
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 9:57am On Mar 08, 2020
justnock:

You're spot on but the heading of the topic could have been better
what does "spot on" mean

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2020
bigt2:

You've been misinformed. undecided
No, look at the bright side. do Nigeria value such courses or have provision for the employment of students that graduate with the certificate relating to such courses.
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ayomideen(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2020
Lol
U even added computer science when all those I.T guys earn like crazy nowadays

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Rockyrascal(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2020
BOTANY

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Uyi168: 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
justnock:

in the Nigerian context, there are actually courses that are useless...

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Uyi168: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:

No, look at the bright side. do Nigeria value such courses or have provision for the employment of students that graduate with the certificate relating to such courses.
I'll pick agricultural courses ahead of those life sciences and physical sciences courses...

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by SlyIg(f): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:

Computer Science

2 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Jman06(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
Some of these courses will not even impart sound knowledge to students due to the way they're taught in Nigeria. They end up producing mediocre graduates that only constitute nuisance to the labor market.

I wonder why we still study such courses like Biochemistry as a first degree. It should be studied only as a foundational course by students of medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing, nutrition and dietetics etc, while those who did exceptionally well at such foundational levels are encouraged to pursue postgraduate studies in these courses for the purposes of research!

The above is my honest opinion based on personal experience and in the interest of those desperate admission seekers that would end up being deceived into choosing these courses.

They don't impart any real knowledge at first degree level!!!!!! We like deceiving ourselves in this country instead of telling ourselves the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:
what does "spot on" mean

grin
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:
what does "spot on" mean

It means you are 'on point'.
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Joevics(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mazigabriel:

Computer Science is useless?
CS graduate are one of the most sought-after.

That alone invalidates your entire list.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by edoairways: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
No course is useless. Look beyond the present gain but the future
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Not only is the OP misinformed, ill-informed and disinformed, he is trying to deform young ones.

I studied computer science in Nigeria. And there's a litany of job openings for us.

Every course on that list is a HIT. Heavy demand in the Labour market for top notch grads

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Biddy123: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
I strongly condemn where people begin to criticize other disciplines blindly in Nigeria.

The truth is this _ because in Nigeria irrespective of what you study you can work anywhere. For instance, we've seen engineers working in bank as cashiers, lawyers working in hospitals as clerk, sailors working in eateries and the rest.

My point is this, just study what you has pleasure to and access to study with the right opportunity fortunes will smile at you

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Tunde835(m): 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Joevics:

Computer Science is useless?
Dude, I run an employment agency and CS graduate are one of the most sought-after.

That alone invalidates your entire list.
Do You Mean Computer Science Or Software Engineering
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by elyte89: 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Rockyrascal:
BOTANY

ALSO INCLUDES ANATOMY,PHYSIOLOGY,MICROBIOLOGY,ZOOLOGY... 8/9 out of every 10 of deir graduates ENDS UP BEEN A SECONDARY SCHOOL PRIVATE TEACHER,TAILOR,SELF EMPLOYED, ONLY FEW ARE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED IN DEIR FIELD smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by LoveFayfay(f): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
All these balls down to this shit hole country of ours
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Realpaulpat(m): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
So you have not seen where someone that studied forestry is working in a bank ABI��
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
Every course is useless and no course is useless

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by mastertunji(m): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
I beg to differ. No course is useless. It is what you make out of the course that matters most.
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by LordAzubuike(f): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
Tunde835:
It's obvious you and that OP are horrible illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Yustash001(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Seriously, geology you need a knock on your head...
Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by LordAzubuike(f): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
No course is useless. The OP is obviously a misinformed kid still trying to pass jamb or even if he's in a higher institution, his grades are horrible. He has given up on life and will stop at nothing to misinform people. No course is useless but when I checked your list and u saw computer science and to some extent geology, I knew you are a frustrated and fed up human. Computer science graduates are one of the most sought after... In my firm, we handle them like eggs.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Joevics(m): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Tunde835:
Is there a course in Nigeria called software engineering?

1 Like

Re: Here Are The Worst 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria by Hotworta1: 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
Realpaulpat:
So you have not seen where someone that studied forestry is working in a bank ABI��

Forestry graduates are now employed massively either as forest guards or amotekun guards. Leave o

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What A Student Wrote In His Exam Sheet. / OOU Students Kills Large Snake After Biting A Lady And Attempts To Strangle Her / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.