Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? (53161 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
SpecialAgent:

Bros, you don't sell that kind of thing immediately you got it, At least use it for a bit. You have no idea how hard he worked to get you something so expensive. What you did was uncool
You people with your overly right attitude,let me give you and isntance,you have a Samsung s8 and an iPhone 11pro max and you got another 11pro max as a birthday gift ,would you continue to use the 3phone knowing how much it could Fetch you just because you want to prove a point

10 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

You’re stupid,get of my mentions.fools like you just think you can talk to anybody anyhow.
grin grin ;Drelax truth hurt, however, the thing is teh Internet do not 4get, I just went fru ur post and just realised you are a lil shyte head,U claim to be looking to buy a new laptop last year and you are here bragging about a laptop you sold, however, you sold on dead o ne for 68k, anyways why do I even bother,just cos u got told the truth you are throwinf ur dummy outta the pram this early!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by ezewealth(m): 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
My uncle in USA, from sec sch to uni, tho till struggling to stand on my feet, i owe him my Life. Good ppl dey this world. This man singlehandedly training me and all my cousins in Nigeria and till training, we around 15, even my uncles in naija dey get better money, the man still dey train dia children, and dey send dem pocket money, even my big auntie way dey work for NNPC, big woman o, dey call the man for money. Dem won tear d man into pieces. Nigerian are damn greedy. Man self hv only one daughter. Dem dey train battalion for naija, him wife wan divorce am because him so much love his siblings. Na till him way train his wife to become a nurse, him dey still train his wife family members too, him train his step son too. I have never see a man so selfless. That man deserved to be moulded in our family. What pains me self, some of his siblings way dey this country are richer dan him.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

You people with your overly right attitude,let me give you and isntance,you have a Samsung s8 and an iPhone 11pro max and you got another 11pro max as a birthday gift ,would you continue to use the 3phone knowing how much it could Fetch you just because you want to prove a point
nah a clever person will sell the Old and keep the new a less clever and dumb person will sell the new and keep the OLD that's how you remain stagnant and not very smart!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by JamiuKabir: 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
20 Naira socks. angry
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Baba you again!? Calm down ur spirit dey Europe already,so no fear grin

Lol grin
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

grin grin ;Drelax truth hurt, however, the thing is teh Internet do not 4get, I just went fru ur post and just realised you are a lil shyte head,U claim to be looking to buy a new laptop last year and you are here bragging about a laptop you sold, however, you sold on dead o ne for 68k, anyways why do I even bother,just cos u got told the truth you are throwinf ur dummy outta the pram this early!
You’re just another broke ass hating,get off my mentions ,stop stalking and get a life fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by cococandy(f): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ebonijay:
My sister in Houston just sent me N550,000 for rent. I work in a tax office where the salary is 70k monthly. She has really tried for me, I also got an iphone 7. She sents 70k monthly to augment my salary so at least money won't be a problem.

Move to a cheaper apartment. With 70k income, you need to cut your coat accordingly.
All that extra money she’s putting in your landlord’s pocket could have been better spent on investment for you.

This is the same advice I’d give any relative of mine in your shoes. Unless she’s ready to keep sending you money forever instead of helping you get on your own two feet.

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

You’re just another broke ass hating,get off my mentions ,stop stalking and get a life fool
If Im broke it means you are one of them river people,
wait a minute, is that not your leg on the mosquito infested room I see on your page where you was desperately trying to flug your laptop for 65K? U get mouth to call person broke!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
cococandy:

Move to a cheaper apartment. With 70k income, you need to cut your coat accordingly.
All that extra money she’s putting in your landlord’s pocket could have been better spent on investment for you.

This is the same advice I’d give any relative of mine in your shoes. Unless she’s ready to keep sending you money forever instead of helping you get on your own two feet.
you could not have said it better!
people do this day in day out in the west, downgrade when its necessary and upgrade when all is sweet!

11 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by OnyesomJ(m): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
The Biggest I’ve received from my Aunt was the iPhone and Laptop she sent!!

I pray for Grace !!!

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by skyplustk(f): 11:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
There's this wonderful woman on nairaland she's based In the US this woman has affected my life positively both morally and financially, she even sent goods to me to sell without collecting a dime from me and we are not related at all. There's no day I will wake up without saying a prayer for this woman and her family although that is what I van still offer for now but I know one day I will be able to repay your good deeds

21 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

If Im broke it means you are one of them river people,
wait a minute, is that not your leg on the mosquito infested room I see on your page where you was desperately trying to flug your laptop for 65K? U get mouth to call person broke!
Continue to disgrace your parents here,you stalking a nigga at 11:21pm shows how irrelevant you are.so keep quoting me hoping for a response.

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
cococandy:

Thanks for the advise. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by timesup234: 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

People in America are suffering? grin grin grin grin which part B dat??
which one you want? War or bombs? I got nothing good to give. I am a terrorist a very big monster

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by sammchuck1: 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
iphone 8
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by 9ja083: 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
goldbim:
How about what do give to relatives abroad when they come to Nigeria or Send through a friend of theirs ?most times,that little #2000 slippers or even a small Ankara of 2k goes a long way..
Personally,I feel we should try to extend stuffs to them too once in a while..not every time,gimme gimme cheesy..our thoughtfulness can open doors we least expect too..#just saying# lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That was y i paid for my uncle ticket tro and fro to surprise him and so he will stop seeing my family as beggars when we call him for something that has nothing to do with money

8 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Slimsly100(f): 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
I'm not close to them cos I nor want who go come dey feel say na cos him dey Yankee make me dey befriend am. Even my cousin wey me with am dey here before him move to US about 4-5yrs ago don knock me, e nor send again. But e nor bother me cos I nor Sabi beg for something before. Nonetheless, I wish them well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

Continue to disgrace your parents here,you stalking a nigga at 11:21pm shows how irrelevant you are.so keep quoting me hoping for a response.
this is what happens when you view nairaland via Nokia 3210, where I am its 10:24,I , Talking of disgracing one's parent, you are an Embarrassment to your full tribe!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
timesup234:
which one you want? War or bombs? I got nothing good to give. I am a terrorist a very big monster
you lost me right there!
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by LONGPREEK(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
why cant you peasants send money to the people abroad. do you think they pluck money there?/

7 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
skyplustk:
There's this wonderful woman on nairaland she's based In the US this woman has affected my life positively both morally and financially, she even sent goods to me to sell without collecting a dime from me and we are not related at all. There's no day I will wake up without saying a prayer for this woman and her family although that is what I van still offer for now but I know one day I will be able to repay your good deeds
God bless ur hustle at least you show appreciation in deeds and in ur heart, this alone will gladen the woman's heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
LONGPREEK:
why cant you peasants send money to the people abroad. do you think they pluck money there?/
grin grin grin U vex bross
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by Busolababby1(f): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
masterflowx:
My car!
Honda Accord 2014.
Though, I sent 50% of the money and he added the remaining one.
The car landed in 2017 and I'm still using it up till today as my one and only car.
9ja hard abeg, no money to buy another one yet...
I love your honesty
Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by chinyce(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
I have received so much from my people in abroad. I can't keep count. He has always been sending to me and my siblings. We have been finding it hard to stand on our feet here. And he supports generously when ever we cry out. May God continue to bless him.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by san316(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
My customer sent me 50k in Naira oo. In my family, only my dad has travelled abroad, and it was for peacekeeping under the military.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by hope4nigeria(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
SyrusdeHansome:
Let me start my own this way, I know in this life nobody owes us anything but that doesn't mean our lives must always be about us and us alone. There's a blessing in giving.

I'm opportune to have an uncle who has stayed in US for more than 20 yrs now. He's a surgeon and one of the best in his field but the biggest gift I've received from him was 800 naira in 2007. Though he use to give me those big bargy trousers once in a while I still see the 8h as his biggest gift to me because trouser no be my problem.

Pls tell me your own.
your own even give you #800. Mine kobo I never get, na last year she remember say I dey exist come dey ask me to send money for asoebi for burial of mama wey die 5years ago. I dey hustle jeje for naija, I no need anybody's gift abeg

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by shogsman(m): 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

this is what happens when you view nairaland via Nokia 3210, where I am its 10:24,I , Talking of disgracing one's parent, you are an Embarrassment to your full tribe!
Like I said, keep disgracing your parents

1 Like

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by erico2k2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
masterflowx:
My car!
Honda Accord 2014.
Though, I sent 50% of the money and he added the remaining one.
The car landed in 2017 and I'm still using it up till today as my one and only car.
9ja hard abeg, no money to buy another one yet...
If nah some people here them for sell the car based on say dem get OKADA that just does same thing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by MeKshow(m): 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
shogsman:

You’re stupid,get of my mentions.fools like you just think you can talk to anybody anyhow.
Who are you? Is a big deal in nigeria ooo.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by CptCharlesVane: 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
And you don’t think it will be worth something to at least inform him about how his people are leaching off him.
ezewealth:
My uncle in USA, from sec sch to uni, tho till struggling to stand on my feet, i owe him my Life. Good ppl dey this world. This man singlehandedly training me and all my cousins in Nigeria and till training, we around 15, even my uncles in naija dey get better money, the man still dey train dia children, and dey send dem pocket money, even my big auntie way dey work for NNPC, big woman o, dey call the man for money. Dem won tear d man into pieces. Nigerian are damn greedy. Man self hv only one daughter. Dem dey train battalion for naija, him wife wan divorce am because him so much love his siblings. Na till him way train his wife to become a nurse, him dey still train his wife family members too, him train his step son too. I have never see a man so selfless. That man deserved to be moulded in our family. What pains me self, some of his siblings way dey this country are richer dan him.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? by LONGPREEK(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
erico2k2:

grin grin grin U vex bross
lol the thing dey annoying na. even my younger bro wey dey school for yankee. i still dey send am money so that he no go go push drugs or rob cos those are the easiest ways to get money there. these naija village pipu go just tanda here dey expect money anyhow. na so my uncle go dey spam him whatsapp anyhow. i don warn am already angry

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / Moments Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.