Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Christian Mystic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Mystic (279 Views)

Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / Discussion With A Christian About The Christian Doctrine Of Redemption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2020
When people don't understand something they begin to say all kinds of terrible things about it. Do you know the early Christians used to be called atheists because they don't worship the many gods that others worshiped? They were also accused of practicing incest because they call each other brother and sister yet they married each other.

And they were accused of cannibalism, because they gathered regularly to drink the blood of Jesus and eat his flesh. They were called a cult. Their neighbors just continued to spread all kinds of bad rumors against them because they didn't understand what they were doing.

Well, you may have heard people talk about about Christian mysticism like it's some kind of occult and devilish thing. People love demonizing something they are not a part of, especially if it involves just a small group. It all boils down do ego. You see this small group of people doing things differently, and you just want to feel that you are better than them so you put horns and tales on their pictures and demonize them.

Just like the unbelievers demonize that small group of Christians just to make themselves feel that they are better. Those among us in Christianity today who experience the mystic life are very few, so as usual we are being demonized by the mainstream Christianity. The truth is that they envy us, they wish they have what we've got. But since they don't have it they decide to make themselves feel better by demonizing us.

So let's quickly look at the word mysticism. It means the belief and practice of a mystic. Now that brings us to the question, "what is mystic?" Well the dictionary says a mystic is "a person who seeks by contemplation and *self-surrender* to obtain *unity with or absorption into the Deity*." Oh, look at those beautiful words; 'Self-surrender', 'union with the Godhead', that's what the Christian mystic is all about.

We are called to become one with God. In Christ we are already one with God, but in order to enter into this reality experientially we press in through contemplation, self-surrender and prayer. A Christian mystic is one who would not just read the Bible about our union with God, say "Amen, hallelujah", with the rest of the church, and go home and continue to live like the Bible didn't mean what it says.

It didn't say that some day we would be united with God. No, we are united with God *now* in Christ Jesus. This is the reality in Christ, and the mystic is one who would press into this reality. He takes the word of God and runs with it, he would not rest till he experience this union with God that the Bible speaks about. He wants the word in the Bible to become real to him, he wants to live out the reality of these words.

Wikipedia also says, "Mysticism is the practice of religious ecstasies," Ecstasy means intense pleasure or a state of such intense emotional rapture. We are called to be the bride of God. This of course involves intimacy which result to oneness or union. And this intimacy also involves pleasure and emotions. "In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psa 16:11).

The whole essence of the New Covenant is to bring God into union with man. It is a marriage involving God and us, His bride. The true practice of the New Testament (testament mean covenant) is the practice of union. Hence, practicing the New Testament is practicing union with God. Yes, it is all above pursuing this union with God, seeking to experience it in a real way, to enter in this reality and walk in it. True Christianity is a mystic life.

Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
Happy Sunday
Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
The course is bring you into dimensions of intimacy with God. You will experience this mystic union with God
Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
Here is a testimony of a student who began to experience the presence of God and the ecstacy of the mystic union

Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
It's is all about intimacy, experiencing God in an intimate way. Coming to see him with your very eyes, touch him with your skin, hear Him with your ears, and become so alive to the reality of God. He is not a theology, he is a real person. Come and experience him
Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
*I shared this around the middle of last year*

I am going to share this because there are people out there that don't believe this kind of intimacy with God is possible. And I believe it will also inspire someone to strive to draw closer to God and become more intimate with Him.

Earlier today someone quoted a verse, "He that sits in heaven laugh" (Psa 2:4). That just remembered me of this experience I had. I was praying, trying to communicate with God, to know what is in His heart. Then I saw myself in a vision as a 5 years ago child.

I was with the Father in this garden with small small pools all over. He was jumping from one pool to another laughing and laughing. I followed Him and started jumping on the pools and watching the water splash, it was quite fun. When I reached the last pool He splashed a lot of water on me and laughed so hard. I ran and we just continued playing in the garden.

I was like, "why is Father so excited today", He just kept laughing so hard. This was the first time I am seeing Him laugh. Of course I have heard Him laugh several times. And there are times (this have happened so so many times) I am with Father in the spirit and we are sitting together. Then I am like, "Yes Dad, today we would talk very well, we have a lot to talk about". And as I start talking, He just pulls me close to Himself like, "come over here, you talk too much". He takes my head and hold it to Himself, and I will feel this thing coming off from Him, intoxicating me and I can't help but burst into laughter.

I would laugh and laugh till I forget the questions and discussion I wanted to present. And I am like, "Daddy you are not serious oh, let's have an important discussion you will be making me laugh, okay oh, kontinu".

We see God as this angry or serious man, with bears and eyes of flaming fire, and He is just looking so tough and powerful. Come on, He is our Dad, to the outsider He might look like that, but to us He is just Daddy. He is such a fun loving Father. Anyway, let me stop there before my heart starts pouring with so much words.
Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
Happy Sunday, and happy Easter
Re: The Christian Mystic by Hiswordxray(m): 12:46pm On May 24, 2020
Happy Sunday beloved of God

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy On Assemblies Of God Church Crisis / What God Can Do Men Can Never Do / FromThe Archives-Winners Chapel Liberation Mandate Clocks 39

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.