Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,485,013 members, 5,629,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 08:33 AM

Migration Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migration Advice Needed (889 Views)

I Need Your Migration Advice Please, I'm About To Make A Life Changing Decision. / Migration: The Long Road To Canada / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Migration Advice Needed by TestimoneyTesti: 12:25pm On Mar 08
Pls what surecountry can I migrate to permanently with 5m, I am married with a less than 1yr old child, am also below 30 years pls your sincere advice and experience would be greatly appreciated
Re: Migration Advice Needed by SavageMaster: 1:20pm On Mar 08
Everybody is saying Canada. I think you can give it a try
Re: Migration Advice Needed by TestimoneyTesti: 2:06pm On Mar 08
I can't migrate to canada with 5m, proof of funds for my two dependants and I is 5.6m, and I need to do other processing and IELTS exam which would fall into extra 400k or more that's automatically 6m minimum
Re: Migration Advice Needed by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 2:49pm On Mar 08
If you get 5m then use same energy to make it 6m. I'll suggest u try Canada with your fam.

TestimoneyTesti:
I can't migrate to canada with 5m, proof of funds for my two dependants and I is 5.6m, and I need to do other processing and IELTS exam which would fall into extra 400k or more that's automatically 6m minimum

2 Likes

Re: Migration Advice Needed by Dave233: 7:40am On Mar 10
9JAFULLBREED:
If you get 5m then use same energy to make it 6m. I'll suggest u try Canada with your fam.

with the 6m, is the Canada stuffs 100% guaranteed?
Re: Migration Advice Needed by ZINIBANKS: 8:03am On Mar 10
Try Netherlands I heard there's various jobs in Amsterdam just did a lil research you can get more information on Google

1 Like

Re: Migration Advice Needed by silaxx(m): 8:24am On Mar 10
Dave233:
no
Re: Migration Advice Needed by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10
My brother nothing is guaranteed for this life grin

Even Kolaq Alagbo dey fail some people grin

Port to Canada section to read and understand better. But i think 6m should be okay with the canada express thing. Go to Canada section.

Dave233:

Re: Migration Advice Needed by Dave233: 11:36pm On Mar 10
9JAFULLBREED:
My brother nothing is guaranteed for this life grin

Even Kolaq Alagbo dey fail some people grin

Port to Canada section to read and understand better. But i think 6m should be okay with the canada express thing. Go to Canada section.

am talking about the point calculation. What happens when somebody’s point isn’t upto the requirements
Re: Migration Advice Needed by ednut1(m): 5:45am On Mar 11
Dave233:
am talking about the point calculation. What happens when somebody’s point isn’t upto the requirements
find way to improve point e.g do masters, learn French
Re: Migration Advice Needed by OlakunmiSMELTD: 7:00am On Mar 11
TestimoneyTesti:
Pls what surecountry can I migrate to permanently with 5m, I am married with a less than 1yr old child, am also below 30 years pls your sincere advice and experience would be greatly appreciated

Apply for Canada express
You need to have general IELTS
Master is an added advantage like 21mark
Work experience matter too like 12-20marks
Choose a region, once the region nominated you,
You then procced to apply
It takes 6-12months sometimes
This one comes with your husband, child, with your partner
Re: Migration Advice Needed by ednut1(m): 7:30am On Mar 11
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Apply for Canada express
You need to have general IELTS
Master is an added advantage like 21mark
Work experience matter too like 12-20marks
Choose a region, once the region nominated you,
You then procced to apply
It takes 6-12months sometimes
This one comes with your husband, child, with your partner
this is not how it works or the scores
Re: Migration Advice Needed by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:20am On Mar 11
ednut1:
this is not how it works or the scores

Kindly explain to us oh, maybe the one am applying for is Jamaica express entry
Re: Migration Advice Needed by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:36am On Mar 11
TestimoneyTesti:

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Just follow this thread and you will never regret
Re: Migration Advice Needed by ednut1(m): 11:44am On Mar 11
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Kindly explain to us oh, maybe the one am applying for is Jamaica express entry
crs scores is all that matters. U need like 470s these days https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. as for province nomination its not certain and based on luck. E.g if your occupation is in demand there and other factors

1 Like

Re: Migration Advice Needed by OlakunmiSMELTD: 12:00pm On Mar 11
ednut1:
crs scores is all that matters. U need like 470s these days https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. as for province nomination its not certain and based on luck. E.g if your occupation is in demand there and other factors

You re right
Re: Migration Advice Needed by Stewart883: 12:03pm On Mar 11
@OP forget all those jargons by those saying Canada. I will advice u move to Mauritius or Finland. With that money you should be very okay and doing quite well till u find a job, besides the visa process isn't that tough like that of Canada! Pls when trying to make a decision about traveling, don't always go for what is trending with Nigerians (Canada visa) Naija peeps are all casted!!!
Re: Migration Advice Needed by TravelerNerd: 12:27pm On Mar 11
Here is what I can say about it brother/sister.

How Much Money Do I Need To Cover Living Expenses in Canada

Basically the amount you need depends on the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year on the Canadian immigration website.

According to Canada.ca, you are encouraged to bring enough money to settle comfortably.

Perhaps you are wondering “how much money do I need to immigrate to Canada”, that is not the first question, the first question is “how can I relocate to Canada successfully without being deported”?

Obviously, the third question will be how to show proof of funds for Canada immigration.

Be rest assured that we will answer all these questions however, first things first, how much money do you need to immigrate to Canada?

Before you think of the cost of moving to Canada, you need to know the easiest route you can get there.

While this might be different in other countries, but in Nigeria, relocating to Canada through Express Entry is the most popular being that you’re prioritized if you are below 35.

And if you fail through FEEP, the second popular is the Provincial Nominee Program.

Others include the Rural and Northern Canada Immigration Pilot & Home-Care Provider Program – both of which are the easiest and for the non-privileged persons for the EEP or PNP. Like I said, later on, I will talk more about them for clarity.

So, let’s answer the question “How much money do I need to cover living expenses when I get to Canada”?

Amount You Need To Immigrate To Canada from Nigeria

First things first, if you are moving with your family, how much money you will need to immigrate to Canada will depend on your family size.

The actual money you need to move to Canada with a family of 4 is $23,181 in Canadian dollars.

YOU DON’T NEED TO CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO RELOCATE TO CANADA

Did I just mean that? Of course.

One of the requirements to relocating to Canada is using the Immigrants Express Entry Proof of Funds

Applicants would typically need to show forth that they have sufficient money for supporting themselves and their family after they get to Canada.

Now you absolutely would not need to show that you possess funds if and only if you satisfy the following many options but 4 for now:

#1. If you already have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada.

#2. If you are currently working or have the relevant authorization for working in Canada.

#3. If you plan to relocate with Home-Care Provider Program.

#4. The Rural and Northern Canada Immigration Pilot Program

Below we show the Funds Required (in Canadian dollars and Naira) so you can be restful upon your arrival in Canada.

Number of Family Members

Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)

Funds Required (in Naira)

$12,474

₦3,401,456.97

$15,530

₦4,234,778.48

$19,092

₦5,206,077.96

$23,181

₦6,321,081.78

$26,291

₦7,169,128.21

$29,652

₦8,085,618.26

$33,013

₦9,002,108.31

Each additional family member

$3,361

₦916,490.05

All in all. If you can sponsor yourself,go with Express Entry or Provincial Nominee, else, you can use easier routes like RNIP or HCCP. Good luck.

Re: Migration Advice Needed by hammed71(m): 12:31pm On Mar 11
Bro if it is the USA you have in mind work towards it, even though it might not be easy, just work towards it. don't mind those people saying go to Canada, UK. imagine one person was saying capeverde and Mauritius lol

1 Like

Re: Migration Advice Needed by Dave233: 10:31am On Mar 12
hammed71:
Bro if it is the USA you have in mind work towards it, even though it might not be easy, just work towards it. don't mind those people saying go to Canada, UK. imagine one person was saying capeverde and Mauritius lol
don’t mind them.
Even the word Impossible says ‘ I’M Possible”.
Re: Migration Advice Needed by ednut1(m): 12:26pm On Mar 12
hammed71:
he is asking for a way even you cant tell him how. USA wey don ban nigeria from immigrant visa. only hope is student visa den find akata to marry and pray for green card. where will he now put his wife and kids
Re: Migration Advice Needed by TestimoneyTesti: 11:45pm On Mar 12
More advise would greatly be appreciated.....thank for those that have responded so far

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Embassies! Local Tales! / What Happened At The Embassy? / Do U Need An Invitation Letter For Uk Visa Renewals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.