Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. (20232 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by VaselineCrew: 1:14am On Mar 09, 2020
I will never pay anyone a dime while building my house, God forbid.

What are we turning our country into
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Sterope(f): 1:31am On Mar 09, 2020
Jazz that hasn't made them rich.

southniyikaye:
Well I work with developers and their usual fee in mushin per floor is 200k, decking 100k depends on your negotiation skill sha
Roofing 200k
What I always do is whenever they bring their wahala, I will just excuse them and call my bosses who in turn calls Sars or police people. That doesn't mean you won't pay but the money go reduce after enough gra gra BTW them both so who suffers most?? Me the site engineer so have got acquainted with their ogas.
Whenever we are not doing any serious project, will just look for them and buy them drinks and give them like 5k for igbo so that whenever we are working and I call my bosses, they are always lenient on me cos I be sure person.
The thing is, shey u see that 500naira, I bottle or two bottles you buy for them or when they say omo aye Jen gba nkan Kan now always go along way to help your case in times of trouble.

Shout out to tj
Tosin
Akeem
No case
Lefty all In mushin.
If those guys join Boko Haram, Nigeria is in trouble.
Dem get jazz pass devil.

Now if you decide to bring soldiers and harass them, he sure for me say una no go work for that site again unless those soldiers dey there permanently till eternity

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by quiteboy(m): 1:33am On Mar 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin
Perfecttouchade:
na so o, u wan wait feel am cheesy ..those guys fit commit for person site then run away ...so the best way to avoid their wahala na to negotiate with them..if you use bricklayers or laborers from that area where your site is located , they do communicate with these omo-oniles and most landlord in that environment too usually dish out details to these boys that's why u will be surprised to find them at the site few minutes to the start of works on site...there leaders also mount their boys at the major roads leading to the community...they also extort from granite suppliers cheesy that's why most of them prefer to deliver at night but forget o , these guys are always alert 24/7..each time they are on mission to extort, there is always a full bag of weed and bottles of gin(na weapon to smash head) carried along with them , na their ginger be that grin . U go dey hear, maa je igo Lori e (I go break bottle for ur head)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by cosmos1440: 1:55am On Mar 09, 2020
southniyikaye:
Well I work with developers and their usual fee in mushin per floor is 200k, decking 100k depends on your negotiation skill sha
Roofing 200k
What I always do is whenever they bring their wahala, I will just excuse them and call my bosses who in turn calls Sars or police people. That doesn't mean you won't pay but the money go reduce after enough gra gra BTW them both so who suffers most?? Me the site engineer so have got acquainted with their ogas.
Whenever we are not doing any serious project, will just look for them and buy them drinks and give them like 5k for igbo so that whenever we are working and I call my bosses, they are always lenient on me cos I be sure person.
The thing is, shey u see that 500naira, I bottle or two bottles you buy for them or when they say omo aye Jen gba nkan Kan now always go along way to help your case in times of trouble.

Shout out to tj
Tosin
Akeem
No case
Lefty
all In mushin.
If those guys join Boko Haram, Nigeria is in trouble.
Dem get jazz pass devil.

Now if you decide to bring soldiers and harass them, he sure for me say una no go work for that site again unless those soldiers dey there permanently till eternity

Why you dey hail them ?
Shey them be nairalanders nii ?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by bolajinoni1(m): 2:13am On Mar 09, 2020
This is for Developers, those who wants to invest, and even you that wish to become a landlord, we have what you'r looking for.
Buy acres,plots of land in wura&fadaka estate, were you can build now and start making your returns instantly.
Note: this Estate is already fully developed and is located in
Abeokuta 220k
Coker town 400k
Ibeju lekki 3.5m
Itokin epe 700k
Ilogbo ota 750k
Itori 350k
Gberigbe ikd 850k
Eredo epe 600k
Atan ota 550k per plots
u can even pay it small small for 8 month. So hurry now! land free from government acquisition, Good road network, flexible payment plan, verifiable property allocation/plan at the lands bureau, no omo onile issue
call me 08137651008 09053010009 WhatsApp 08137651008

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by sunshine1974(m): 2:54am On Mar 09, 2020
VaselineCrew:
I will never pay anyone a dime while building my house, God forbid.

What are we turning our country into
no problem, we are waiting for you grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 09, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
Sincerely, the experience I had with them on my site in Ikorudo, Igbogbo Oreita road is really affecting me on how I regard Yoruba people....

Sorry to say but all I could see in the is laziness, dirty and fetish diabolic selfish uneducated set of hooligans whose duties are to just steal from people especially when they meet Omo IBO......
You will hear them saying Owulabi.....(Money has come) as I was told is the meaning...

I equally noticed betrayal of trust from the bala of that place who told my client not to worry, after he was given a set of money , that once we see those people , we should call him...

I was preparing the first suspended floor, as usual they have already come to collect 5k each from my workers, once you import workers you will pay them, even the worker within them do pay....

I was so shocked, in short Yorubas are......let me reserve my comment .....

On the very day I wanted to cast the floor, they came and asked for my receipt of #150k imagine....money they don't know how the client suffered to obtain....you want to collect #150k

Meanwhile the bala collected #45k from my client but on calling the Bala, he said we should pls pay them that he is inside Lagos and by the time he will come back, things will spoil....

I was so angry eeeh....I called my client and told him WhatsApp.... He got angry and wanted to come to the site but I told him not to come in Igbo that I can handle it....

It was when I saw elderly men of above 70s on my site that I told my client to pls settle these people...what a hell........elderly people

They even told the concrete mixer Yoruba guy to pay for matching ground , which he paid,..everything was pay and pay....

I had to quench the fire when their head chief called me and said what do we do,...that I can see my concrete is on the floor.....and time is kicking ..and my client has to travel the following day as his ticket is booked already....

We ended up paying them #80k against #150k.....
I was informed by my client of how they do manipulate people there once you want to buy land...you will be opened an office on and from buying of land to post occupancy stage....you will pay till that stage...

Pls the government of Lagos State should look into this Case....
Igbos are going through hell developing places for some lazy Yorubas in Lagos yet they can't appreciate it but turn back to fight you

You shud have sense as old as u r but no, u don't.. Instead you brought tribes into simple issues...

Go to ur father godforsaken land and build a house, develop ur mud village first na.. Stewwpweed of a tribalistic bigot.... Still a f**l at ur age

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by cenaman(m): 5:57am On Mar 09, 2020
They only harass the poor who built on main land, make them go Ikoyi or banana Island na.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Lagosfinder(m): 6:10am On Mar 09, 2020
Omonile only attack the poor
They don't try nonsense In the rich embode

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Righteousness89(m): 6:25am On Mar 09, 2020
Answer to Omonile is Military force.. not police ooo.. Confirmed Military. Army , Navy,etc.

I Remember my Dad Erecting his building in Lagos way back in 2005/2006. He had gotten the land during the Col Marawa tenure in Lagos..

Some guys had turned the land to their abode and were even collecting money from others to get their space in..

When Dad was ready to build, he came in there with his Military entourage and Everybody Ran for their safety!

Same for another land he got around agric in Lagos.. ominiles were giving trouble until they saw the Military Entourage.. everybody Respect themselves!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Wickedtruths: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2020
ArcSEMPECJ:
Sincerely, the experience I had with them on my site in Ikorudo, Igbogbo Oreita road is really affecting me on how I regard Yoruba people....

Sorry to say but all I could see in the is laziness, dirty and fetish diabolic selfish uneducated set of hooligans whose duties are to just steal from people especially when they meet Omo IBO......
You will hear them saying Owulabi.....(Money has come) as I was told is the meaning...

I equally noticed betrayal of trust from the bala of that place who told my client not to worry, after he was given a set of money , that once we see those people , we should call him...

I was preparing the first suspended floor, as usual they have already come to collect 5k each from my workers, once you import workers you will pay them, even the worker within them do pay....

I was so shocked, in short Yorubas are......let me reserve my comment .....

On the very day I wanted to cast the floor, they came and asked for my receipt of #150k imagine....money they don't know how the client suffered to obtain....you want to collect #150k

Meanwhile the bala collected #45k from my client but on calling the Bala, he said we should pls pay them that he is inside Lagos and by the time he will come back, things will spoil....

I was so angry eeeh....I called my client and told him WhatsApp.... He got angry and wanted to come to the site but I told him not to come in Igbo that I can handle it....

It was when I saw elderly men of above 70s on my site that I told my client to pls settle these people...what a hell........elderly people

They even told the concrete mixer Yoruba guy to pay for matching ground , which he paid,..everything was pay and pay....

I had to quench the fire when their head chief called me and said what do we do,...that I can see my concrete is on the floor.....and time is kicking ..and my client has to travel the following day as his ticket is booked already....

We ended up paying them #80k against #150k.....
I was informed by my client of how they do manipulate people there once you want to buy land...you will be opened an office on and from buying of land to post occupancy stage....you will pay till that stage...

Pls the government of Lagos State should look into this Case....
Igbos are going through hell developing places for some lazy Yorubas in Lagos yet they can't appreciate it but turn back to fight you

See this ugly Igbo fool. You think you're doing anyone a favour by building houses in Lagos? Why don't you as an Ebonyi man go build in Anambra and see why happens to you. We allow Igbos thrive and give you opportunities that your fellow Igbos can't give you, yet you're making stupid noise and insulting Yorubas.

Wasn't it reported here the other day that your chiefs were stopping the 2nd Niger bridge project cos of settlement money? Don't builders pay "marching ground" and other fees in Igboland?

May the gods of Yoruba land punish you and your family if you ever build anything in Lagos again. Go back to your village and be building there. You ugly, deformed ingrate.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by MilesLamar(m): 6:46am On Mar 09, 2020
Goddys:

Please can I pm you, I want to share something with you

Becareful with this guy, I have seen this exact post in the first omo onile thread last year... He's the link www.nairaland.com/5543542/omo-onile-lagos-state-share?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
Answer to Omonile is Military force.. not police ooo.. Confirmed Military. Army , Navy,etc.

I Remember my Dad Erecting his building in Lagos way back in 2005/2006. He had gotten the land during the Col Marawa tenure in Lagos..

Some guys had turned the land to their abode and were even collecting money from others to get their space in..

When Dad was ready to build, he came in there with his Military entourage and Everybody Ran for their safety!

Same for another land he got around africa in Lagos.. ominiles where giving trouble until they saw the Military Entourage.. everybody Respect themselves!!

Lol at bolded. It's Lagos in Nigeria. This one is enjoying himself in obodo oyibo

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Spain007(m): 6:56am On Mar 09, 2020
theenchanter:
I was shocked when i saw the same set of guys extorting other people for drilling borehole at d street behind ours after collecting #60k from me.

Unfortunately, their leader wasn't around when I gave them d #60k cos I asked someone to go withdraw d money from bank and he couldn't wait cos he wanted to attend to other people.

I greeted as i walked pass them and noticed one of the two guys crossed to d other side of the street, the leader just attacked me saying I gave them #50K when we've agreed on #60k, I told him I gave d guys #60k, so he called them and asked me to say what I just said grin those guys were winking to me but I no look oju uche and said it straight to their face that I gave them #60k. Na im d leader change am for them, I quickly left them to their fracas.

No be only oju Uche,na oju Taju...lol
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by omakay(m): 7:52am On Mar 09, 2020
That is why i will buy lands or buildings from property developers.

Its like these developers have done the work in bulk already.

Of course, you get charged for that stress as part of your purchase cost but i think i like it that way.

A lot of estates are springing up nowadays and i have not heard of omo-oniles tampering with real-estate there.

I know some people will come up with 'i want to build my house myself and be in full control of the design' gist.

But that reason is the cause of this omo-onile menace we are having in the society.

At the end of the day, it is just a house and these property developers must have come up with the best design which will suit most minds.

If a lot of Nigerians tow this line, i believe these guys will have less people to harass.
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Wickedtruths: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

I knew it ! One Igbo must cook up a lie just to show his deep and frustrating hatred for Yoruba people. Anyway, it is this same "experience " you talked about here that makes some of us to regard ALL Igbo people as armed robbers and hardened criminals. You know that is sensible !

"Omo onile" as a societal menace, is worrisome and nobody is happy about it as it is never our culture. And this is why Lagos state government especially is coming up with various laws and innovations to eradicate it. Yorubas are "Omoluabi",virtuous people who are highly accommodating,peace loving and cherish
developments,especially humans. This is why you Igbo people always leave your demonic erosion ravaged land in droves for the Yoruba land for economic gains and prosperity.

Isn't it funny that a common Igbo criminal like you is even attempting to brand one of the finest races that have ever traversed this planet,the Yorubas as lazy,dirty,uneducated,fetish etc just because of the actions of few miscreants ? You dey craze ! Where were your progenitors when the Yorubas were ( and still are) making wonders and setting all the paces in this country ? Your forebears were still dwelling with monkeys on tree top then in your accursed land of demons.

Mr developer, why is it that you guys don't deem it fit to develop your erosion ravaged land but must come to Yoruba land to tell stupid stories like yours ? See,Igbo will never measure up to the Yorubas in terms of development,sophistication and intellectual prowess till eternity as long as the demons that are sending you away in droves are still alive in your useless land.

Igbo are stupid set of egoistic criminals who are even worse than the omo oniles.Go and develop your slums that you regard as states. We don't need you here fools ! Ori iya e yi danu,obo.

Just look at the idiot. See at how poverty has destroyed his destiny. Looks like they plucked one of the coconuts at the background and stuck it on his neck. Stupid Igbo bastard.

If not for Lagos, kidnappers and armed robbers in Igboland would have wasted this fool. Lagos is the reason why many of these flatheaded animals are alive and they are talking nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by MrMcJay(m): 8:10am On Mar 09, 2020
MilesLamar:

Becareful with this guy, I have seen this exact post in the first omo onile thread last year... He's the link www.nairaland.com/5543542/omo-onile-lagos-state-share?

Why don't you check the author of the post on both threads before raising a caveat? Is that too hard for you to do?
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Xandelle: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2020
Now I know the reason why roofs are unchanged in the region
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by noisy45(m): 8:11am On Mar 09, 2020
You will never experience this in Ibadan
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Perfecttouchade: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2020
Omo onile wahala Sha.. patronize us today
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2020
cosmos1440:

Why you dey hail them ?
Shey them be nairalanders nii ?
who knlws
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Omoapena:

Come make i fortify you so next time you encounter them, you will be able to do omo akin..

By the way, you know thoze people you mentioned in person or you just heard about them?

At OP,

It has become a norm in the society, you must settle before you begin any new development on your land but next time, find out from the elders who controls those guys,
Elders like the oba(king), chiefs, baale and co.
Discuss your plan to them and let them know you don't want disturbance from thd omo onile..
I Sabi dem o, one on one basis
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by omoharry(f): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2020
The omoniles' that we have here in Warri, Delta state are very terrible.I dont know if they are worse than the ones we have in Lagos or the other way round.

We were doing a renovation of our windows by changing them from louvers to aluminium.Na so these Omonile come dey make trouble, sey they need to be paid 80k before we can continue work.They scattered the fresh work that the bricklayers just did and said they would destroy our windows if we do not settle them. Na so this my cousin wey get craze for head carry big wood to chase them out.Na so fight take start. At the end of the day the case was settled but one of them went home with a broken head( hmmmm! maaad people).

These lazy boys are terrible.The government need to do something about it.No wonder Nigeria nor dey ever develop.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by Socialng: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2020
We don't have them in Jos

At least I have never heard of or encountered any thing like that..

Everything about Lagos is different soooo cheesy
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by amiibaby(f): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2020
Must u insult all Igbos to make ur point?.... u are both alike Birds of same flock
OROSUNBOLB:

I knew it ! One Igbo must cook up a lie just to show his deep and frustrating hatred for Yoruba people. Anyway, it is this same "experience " you talked about here that makes some of us to regard ALL Igbo people as armed robbers and hardened criminals. You know that is sensible !

"Omo onile" as a societal menace, is worrisome and nobody is happy about it as it is never our culture. And this is why Lagos state government especially is coming up with various laws and innovations to eradicate it. Yorubas are "Omoluabi",virtuous people who are highly accommodating,peace loving and cherish
developments,especially humans. This is why you Igbo people always leave your demonic erosion ravaged land in droves for the Yoruba land for economic gains and prosperity.

Isn't it funny that a common Igbo criminal like you is even attempting to brand one of the finest races that have ever traversed this planet,the Yorubas as lazy,dirty,uneducated,fetish etc just because of the actions of few miscreants ? You dey craze ! Where were your progenitors when the Yorubas were ( and still are) making wonders and setting all the paces in this country ? Your forebears were still dwelling with monkeys on tree top then in your accursed land of demons.

Mr developer, why is it that you guys don't deem it fit to develop your erosion ravaged land but must come to Yoruba land to tell stupid stories like yours ? See,Igbo will never measure up to the Yorubas in terms of development,sophistication and intellectual prowess till eternity as long as the demons that are sending you away in droves are still alive in your useless land.

Igbo are stupid set of egoistic criminals who are even worse than the omo oniles.Go and develop your slums that you regard as states. We don't need you here fools ! Ori iya e yi danu,obo.

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2020
amiibaby:
Must u insult all Igbos to make ur point?.... u are both alike Birds of same flock

Your senseless brother brought this to your doorsteps with his stupid comments about Yoruba people. I guess you did not see that.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2020
Wickedtruths:

Just look at the idiot. See at how poverty has destroyed his destiny. Looks like they plucked one of the coconuts at the background and stuck it on his neck. Stupid Igbo bastard.

If not for Lagos, kidnappers and armed robbers in Igboland would have wasted this fool. Lagos is the reason why many of these flatheaded animals are alive and they are talking nonsense.

So this is the baboon that posted that gibberish about Yoruba people ? Look at his mouth like that of ancient apes that have gone into extinction ! Cave dweller criminal from the land demons and savages. They wouldn't stay in their accursed land ; Yoruba land is their sanctuary yet they hate us with primitive passion. E ni shori re ,eyin were omo ole gbogbo yi.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by odimbannamdi(m): 10:52am On Mar 09, 2020
bolajinoni1:
This is for Developers, those who wants to invest, and even you that wish to become a landlord, we have what you'r looking for.
Buy acres,plots of land in wura&fadaka estate, were you can build now and start making your returns instantly.
Note: this Estate is already fully developed and is located in
Abeokuta 220k
Coker town 400k
Ibeju lekki 3.5m
Itokin epe 700k
Ilogbo ota 750k
Itori 350k
Gberigbe ikd 850k
Eredo epe 600k
Atan ota 550k per plots
u can even pay it small small for 8 month. So hurry now! land free from government acquisition, Good road network, flexible payment plan, verifiable property allocation/plan at the lands bureau, no omo onile issue
call me 08137651008 09053010009 WhatsApp 08137651008

Interested
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by amiibaby(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Even if he did that why not correct him with love instead threading same path which sounds disgusting. Preach love not hate “uaintmakinganysenseeither
OROSUNBOLB:

Your senseless brother brought this to your doorsteps with his stupid comments about Yoruba people. I guess you did not see that.
Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2020
amiibaby:
Even if he did that why not correct him with love instead threading same path which sounds disgusting. Preach love not hate “uaintmakinganysenseeither

Please take your sermon to the doorsteps of those primitive village dwellers and tribal bigots ; I don't need it. If my comment sounds or appears disgusting to your biased mind, I have no apology for that. Remove the log in your own eyes first madam love preacher !

Show me the correction you made when the he-goat branded a whole race as dirty,uneducated, fetish etc ? You want me to reciprocate an insult with love ? You aren't making any sense here too!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. by bolajinoni1(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Interested
okay sir. WhatsApp me 08137651008 thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Filling Station In Ogun Kills 2 & Injures Several Others (Pics) / Bitter Experience Living With Landlords / Sani-Gwarzo Blames EndSARS Protest, COVID-19 For Rising Cement Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.