|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,935,367 members, 7,101,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 October 2022 at 02:25 PM
Ukpabi Asika Is The Most Hated Igbo Man And For Good Reasons! / Buhari Receives Governor Hope Uzodimma In Aso Rock (Photos) / Hope Uzodimma: ESN Operatives Are Hoodlums And We'll Treat Them As Murderers (2) (3) (4)
|Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NJPot(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2020|
1) DESPITE the litany of the injustices and horrors meted against the Igbo people/ Biafrans that led to the secession and eventually the civil war, there were still some Igbo people/Biafrans who stood on the side of Nigerian government, the same government that unleashed genocide on their own people. Such people were referred to by Ndigbo as “saboteurs”. One of such persons was Ukpabi Asika.
2) The government of Gowon rewarded Asika for his loyalty by appointing him the Administrator of East Central State at the beginning of the civil war in 1967. Unable to take up his post due to the war, Asika remained in Lagos until 1970, when the war ended.
3) No sooner had Asika resumed duty as the administrator that he began to play the script handed to him by those who appointed him. Despite the slogan of the 3 Rs (Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Reintegration) that hallowed the end of the war, the Nigerian government was bent on doing anything that would forestall any future agitation for a sovereign state by the Biafrans.
4) The “arrogance” of the Igboman was believed to have been exacerbated by his intellectual sophistication, which was made possible by his good education, thanks to the avalanche of missionary schools in the area.
5) On January 10, 1970, Ukpabi Asika enacted the edict “Public Education Edict: East Central State of Nigeria Gazette Number 3 Enugu, May 1970” which dispossessed the Churches of the ownership and administration of their schools.
6) The same government of Asika saw to the expulsion of the Catholic missionaries in Igboland on February 18, few weeks after the promulgation of that education edict.
7) On 14 January 2020, the Supreme Court of Nigeria against the mandate of the people and against the rules of logic, mathematics, feelings of the masses and common sense removed the people’s choice (majority), Emeka Ihedioha and imposed Hope Uzodimma as the governor of Imo state, the Igbo heartland. Uzodimma was sworn in on 15 January 2020 which was the exact date that the Biafran soldiers surrendered to the Nigerian troops, and of course that was the date Asika’s administration actually began. Was that supposed to be a coincidence?
We all saw the script that Asika was handed over to play and he played it perfectly well. Which one is Uzodimma required to play this time? Is history repeating itself?
9) My fellow Ndigbo, this is a very fragile and perilous time in our history. We are worried because we have passed this road before. Through the actions and inactions of the present government especially on security of lives and property and the recent decisions of the Supreme Court on January 14 and March 03 2020, we don’t need a prophet to tell us that the die is cast. Our actions and inactions as a people in the next 4 years will determine whether we shall continue to exist as a people or not.
10) The government is doing almost nothing to protect the lives of Nigerians, particularly Ndigbo, from the murderous Fulani herdsmen that have surrounded the country. The same government is at the same time frowning at regions/ states establishing their own security outfit. Just yesterday, March 04, 2020 at about 11.30 P.M., it was reliably reported that unidentified gunmen at the cover of the night were shooting sporadically at people in Okigwe. At the end, at least 7 persons were said to have been killed while several others were wounded. Up till now, nothing is known about the killers. No national daily carried it. Worse still, the whereabouts of the assailants is unknown.
11) My beloved Ndigbo, this is not the time for pecuniary politics. It is not the time for looking for where money is being shared. It is not the time of jumping from one political party to another just for personal gains.
12) This is the time to put our greed and grievances aside and put heads together to protect the Igbo race from being wiped out. We are indestructible when we are united. No one can destroy us without us.
13) Churches should not only pray harder now but should also be on the alert. Church members should be educated on the situation we are in. Our Churches should pay more attention to security than any other thing now.
14) Churches, especially in Imo state, should as a matter of necessity desist in these four years from inviting politicians to their churches or asking them for financial assistance.
15) This is not the time of hoping that the international community will come to our aid. They have their own problems and other interests. It is not a time of waiting for our elites to speak or act for us. At this time everyone is an elite. If you can talk, please talk. If you can write, please write. If you can preach or sing or act movies that will expose the dangers facing us, please kindly do that. You have social media, please use it. This is not a time of being politically correct. Be guided only by the truth, justice and self-defence.
16) They can put whoever they want as governor. They can only succeed if we allow them to use us. The Supreme Court can decide anything but it is our own collective decision that stands only if we are united in love, truth and justice.
17) Everyone should be part of the local vigilanté. Comb the whole bushes steadily. Install CCTV at many places as possible. Be prepared to video any suspiscious scene and circulate when necessary.
18) Suspect everything! Report everything! If you cannot tweet retweet. If you cannot write, then share. If you cannot share, like or comment. Of course, you should avoid fake news and hoax. Scrutinise everything! This is no time for jokes or pranks.
19) But in all remain calm. With vigilance and God on our side, we shall conquer.
**Rev Fr Angelo Chidi Unegbu (email@example.com)
13 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2020|
The news of his attack sweet my belle
Hope Uzordinma is like an Outcaste in Imo State right now.. he's been rejected by man and gods .
There's no room for APC in Imo state and the entire south east .
6 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by seunmsg(m): 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2020|
I think there should be an end to wailing over this matter. The people of Zamfara and Bayelsa also have governors that were not voted for by them, they have accepted the decision of the court in good faith. They don’t go about wailing like bush babies all over the place. They don’t go about writing half truth historical accounts just to whip up ethnic sentiments. The same Supreme Court that sacked Ihedioha also sacked the other two without anybody ascribing ethnic agenda or conspiracy theory to the judgements. Playing the ethnic card over every issue is just plain silly.
The noisy minority in Imo and other co-mourners who are obviously PDP supporters should accept the reality and move. Incessant wailing won’t make Ihedioha Governor. At best, you can only distract Uzodimma and nothing else. Stop the wailing.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2020|
We don't play Amala and Ewedu politics in Imo state .
11 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by seunmsg(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2020|
The Amala and Ewedu party that you detest so much has been ruling Imo state since 2013 and it will continue to do so till 2024 at least. So you see, the joke is on you.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by mrvitalis(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2020|
seunmsg:We are Igbo's we are jot zamfarians or bayelsians ...we act like Igbo's thats who we are ...u can't cheat us and expect us to smile when we see u
....let him eat his money in peace ..but to form peoples governor ? That can never happen
12 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2020|
We made it clear that the bastard son of a Bitch , rochas, will be the last APC useless party to govern imo state and we stood by our word before the stupid Tanko muhammed shamelessly gave the mandate away to Hope Uzordinma
A man of questionable character .
8 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Adeinfo: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2020|
You ended up showing how daft you are by not being able to reason with a plea of fact. Continue wallowing in the ethnic card.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by mrvitalis(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2020|
seunmsg:That's the reason Biafra agitation would never die ...a country where strangers won't be imposed on US
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Ojiofor: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2020|
What if they choose to wail,how is that your business?
Why were you wailing and gnashing teeth everywhere when Abiola's election was annulled, why didn't you take it in good faith and accept Shonekon as your president?
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2020|
If you want to go to bed and make love with injustice you can do so but please allow people who still have their humanity intact to complain. It is hard to swallow what happened in Imo if you are an Imolite in Imo. It's hard.
The mind of the average Nigerian has been tampered and corrupted by bad governance and injustice and even when you try to fight against these vices, these deformed minds gang up and play the role of the house Nigger. You wrote like a house nigger.
9 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Stick to your Lagos and Osun useless politics and leave Imo state for Imo people.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Sokosuji: 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Hope is my brother from orlu.. We love hope so much right from his days at the senate..
But the truth is that IMO doesn't want hope now as governor.. I personally detest ihedioha because of his docility just like Jonathan,but nevertheless the people chose him over hope and the other roaches boy... The people spoke on that day,u can't just upturn it like that.. It will forever stick out like a gangrenous thumb
8 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2020|
NaijaRoyalty:This is the line I don't support. Leave APC out of it. This is about human beings. Rochas was a piece of shit and those of us from Orlu Zone, where Hope represented, know so well that you will find better qualities in a vormit than in the man.
Hope was never an option. If not for Rochas, many of us would have bought into Uche Nwosu's ticket. But hope is not an option. I hope he disappoints us by performing so well but sincerely speaking, I don't see it.
And the point is not really that Hope is messed up but the fact that our votes were treated as trash.
People vote assholes. We have voted assholes in the past. We have so many assholes in our state House of representatives but the point is, when the people decide to vote (even assholes like they did with Buhari in 2015) it shouldn't be twisted by wig wearing infallibles.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NJPot(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Anybody that thinks that PDP is minority in Imo is just being stupid. Imo just like any other Igbo State hate anything APC. Infact, any Igbo man that wants to loose his respect and political value in Igboland should simply join APC. APC in Imo State is audio. Hope has not seen anything yet. By the time Imo people are through with him, he would know that one needs to be voted before becoming a governor.
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Sokosuji:You can speak for yourself, if you are actually from imo or Orlu in the first place. What's the man's legacy in Orlu?
But it is not even about his bad qualities but the fact that majority of imoliites never voted him. His sole campaign was just to attack Uche Nwosu and Rochas.
Why will the SC choose leaders for us in a democracy?
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by APCHaram: 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2020|
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Sokosuji: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Sapiosexuality:take a deep breath and read the post you are quoting again.. Slowly
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by wetmenow: 8:10pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Even if this Hope Uzodimma make Imo heaven he can never be love by imolites because he came to power wrongly and they can never forgive him
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Bekool: 8:15pm On Mar 08, 2020|
The way he is been attacked now by angry youths I just hope they won't even assassinate him before he finishes his 4 yrs tenure.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by amuwo1980: 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2020|
seunmsg:Can u hear your self? That the destruction of imo state from the moment apc took over the state was deliberate, that you are the enemy of the ppl of imo state , you have failed
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by MrStan11(m): 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2020|
I heard ukabi died a miserable death.
Thank God for Peter Obi for returning schools back to churches in Anambra.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Malawian(m): 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Ukpabi Asika was the "Klaus Mickelson" of corruption in Igboland. He was the original vampire that sired the present crop of vampires rulling Igboland. He it was that legalized corruption in Igboland with his "onye ube ruuru, ya racha" croon.
5 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NJPot(m): 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Such people die miserably. Saboteurs don't end well.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by oyatz(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2020|
The funny thing is that when other Geo-Political zones play their own ethnic cards,these wailers will scream blue murder!
Playing the ehnic card will only give the majority ethnic groups -the Hausa-Fulani and the Yorubas the upper hand, a very dangerous trend that always make it difficult to get good leaders.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Adeinfo: 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2020|
oyatz:That's why they don't have a united front. If you ask them to present a worthy candidate now, it will still be issue. By the time you inquire why is the issue like that, they will say they are Republican in nature, no one will listen or bow to another. Despite their own shortcomings, deceit and self-seeking approaches of their leaders and those they felt are their Messiah, they will still blame other regions for their own-self inflicted dilemma.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Front0lane: 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2020|
Same APC that as been ruling Imo State for the past 8 years ?! Sir, you are indeed extremely foolish.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by ledamaster(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2020|
Another pained Mbaise heediat. tah getaway you.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by XANDERBOY85: 3:42am On Mar 09, 2020|
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by NJPot(m): 3:53am On Mar 09, 2020|
Enemies of the State. I saw the other one supporting Hope Uzodmma the other day mocking the whole of Igbo Land for poor infrastructure. I came to realize that you people that are not from Imo State or Igbo land defending Hope Uzodmma you don't know are not doing so because you want the State to develop. What you guys are enjoying is the continuous slavery of the Igbo race. Anything that can make Igbos cry are just OK for you. If possible, you people will bring Rochas back as Imo governor to keep on destroying Imo State. The evil you people wish others will one way or the other, come to you.
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by Ojiofor: 9:10am On Mar 09, 2020|
Those guys are bunch of hypocrites .
|Re: Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself by ledamaster(m): 12:03am On Mar 10, 2020|
NJPot:when owerri people were mocking Orlu and Okikwe folks and justifying and the one sided attention ihedioha was giving to Owerri at the detriment of other zones, why didnt u preach all of these them?, for over 21 yrs Owerri took everything, but when one of u got there instead of advicing him to repay Orlu, yall were sayin rubish. Never for once since the orlu zone governed was owerri denied attention. But we saw all back talk and insults yall hauled at Okigwe and Orlu. Yall evn said its not ur business if past govt marginalize Orlu and Okigwe, its ur time, well people hav nw seen the resentment and disdain in ur hearts. Never again wil ur zone smell that post. Nde nzuzu
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244