Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" (59232 Views)

Jumia Global And Shipped From Abroad - See What They Really Mean. / Valentine Ozigbo Honoured With Career Excellence Award As VP Applauds Transcorp / Valentine Ozigbo Marks Birthday Today, Gets Shout Outs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by GLeesMODEL(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
British CouncilĀ 75th Anniversary: "I was a Multiple Village Boy but Today Am global and Well Travelled" - Val Ozigbo

Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, the President of Transcorp Group and Anambra state Governorship Aspirant has been honoured and recognized at the 75th Anniversary of British Council In Nigeria. He was honoured for his inevitable role in promoting and supporting the youth empowerment and activities of British Council in Nigeria.

While reacting to the honour and recognition he received, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo had this to say "These days when I introduce myself as a multiple-village boy, because I grew up in 3 remote and peaceful villages, my newer friends find it difficult to relate, until they see me with corn on the street, palm wine from the calabash or in the midst of masquerades in absolute fraternity. Well, I love to identify myself as one, because village is the start and part of what made me what I am today, and I am ever grateful. But I am also global and well travelled (no bragging intended), thanks to the Grace of God and what He has positioned men and institutions to conspire in my favour".

But the turning point for me was the opportunity that British Council and Foreign & Commonwealth Office gave me, with the award of the most prestigious Chevening Scholarship, that enabled me to travel to England in 2003, first time in my first 33 years of existence to travel abroad. With this scholarship, passport was procured, visa provided with ease, tuition paid for, living expenses sorted for free, and with periodic check to see how I was doing, it was easy to complete my MSc in Finance from the prestigious Lancaster University with Distinction.

Just last year, 15 years after, the same Lancaster University honoured me with a Distinguished Alumni Award at its convocation ceremony, and today, as British Council celebrated its 75th Anniversary in Nigeria, it was humbling to see this same village boy as one of few guest speakers and awardees. As I remarked today, I see a better Nigeria where opportunities like this would not have to come from a foreign partner but from within. We can and should democratize luck and opportunity and raise the living standards and restore our pride as a people. As we do these, in the next 75 years, we will see Nigeria and British Council in stronger partnership, with us putting more on the table of the partnership."

#britishcouncil
#britishcouncil@75
@cheveningfco
@ukforeignoffice
@ngbritish
#KaAnambraChawapu
#village
#anniversary @ Transcorp Hilton Abuja

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by GLeesMODEL(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Sunofgod(m): 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2020
See stockings......village boy

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by dawnomike(m): 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
You deserve some accolades grin

20 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
Congratulations

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Angelinastto(f): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Uncommon transformation. A true example of from Grass to Grace testimony.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by nanauju(f): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Motivational speakers.. Avoid me o

For your fresh skin, go through my thread. Abj, ph and ibadan distributors available
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Slawormir: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good for you

But initially i thought the name "ozigbo" is from Edo state
Bini to be precise

I think i have to reduce my weed and alcohol

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by oyi1(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
You Can Take Adamu Out From The Village

Buh You Can Never Take The Village Away From Adam.

Just Look @The Matching Outfit Of The Socks & Tie grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by SultanOfPuna: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:
Chief Village Boy!!
No Need To Hate
Your Turn Go Soon Reach..

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by englishmart(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
What does it mean to be a village boy? Does residing in the village make you a village person?
In my village, there's steady light, free water, good road, good education system, yet I call my cousins village people. Meanwhile I get light at this my Abuja city twice in a week. Light comes as I leave for work and goes off once I return. No money, no water system. Terrible roads and very devious police officers. I will be moving to the village soon, and other villages, I want to become a multiple Village boy like you, sir.

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by lonelydora: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Na from dustbin God dey uplift person.

2 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Sweetcollins: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ooin!
You are doing well

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by TheKingIsHere: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Congratulations sir
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
I swear going to school is not a criteria that
makes someone intelligent.

Is it good, if I cut my friendship with some of my friends because they believe Buhari is the best president...better than GEJ?

I don't need likes but advice. Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Onyekachi419(f): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ask him the secret of his success now...
He will tell us work hard and be prayerful grin

15 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by decco1878: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:
. That stockings fit pass your salary. Township boy

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by ThatFairGuy: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Wanna give this testimony in years to come. Help me Allah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Power of dream.

1 Like

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by helinues: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Nice one

We are also hoping to share our story soon. From grass to grace
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by BlackfireX: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
Noise maker

1 Like

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by chozzy: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2020

Wow .... such an inspiring speech

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by nathaliya: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
I'm impressed
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by 6digitscomrade: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
GLeesMODEL:
British CouncilĀ 75th Anniversary: "I was a Multiple Village Boy but Today Am global and Well Travelled" - Val Ozigbo

Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, the President of Transcorp Group and Anambra state Governorship Aspirant has been honoured and recognized at the 75th Anniversary of British Council In Nigeria. He was honoured for his inevitable role in promoting and supporting the youth empowerment and activities of British Council in Nigeria.

While reacting to the honour and recognition he received, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo had this to say "These days when I introduce myself as a multiple-village boy, because I grew up in 3 remote and peaceful villages, my newer friends find it difficult to relate, until they see me with corn on the street, palm wine from the calabash or in the midst of masquerades in absolute fraternity. Well, I love to identify myself as one, because village is the start and part of what made me what I am today, and I am ever grateful. But I am also global and well travelled (no bragging intended), thanks to the Grace of God and what He has positioned men and institutions to conspire in my favour".

But the turning point for me was the opportunity that British Council and Foreign & Commonwealth Office gave me, with the award of the most prestigious Chevening Scholarship, that enabled me to travel to England in 2003, first time in my first 33 years of existence to travel abroad. With this scholarship, passport was procured, visa provided with ease, tuition paid for, living expenses sorted for free, and with periodic check to see how I was doing, it was easy to complete my MSc in Finance from the prestigious Lancaster University with Distinction.

Just last year, 15 years after, the same Lancaster University honoured me with a Distinguished Alumni Award at its convocation ceremony, and today, as British Council celebrated its 75th Anniversary in Nigeria, it was humbling to see this same village boy as one of few guest speakers and awardees. As I remarked today, I see a better Nigeria where opportunities like this would not have to come from a foreign partner but from within. We can and should democratize luck and opportunity and raise the living standards and restore our pride as a people. As we do these, in the next 75 years, we will see Nigeria and British Council in stronger partnership, with us putting more on the table of the partnership."

#britishcouncil
#britishcouncil@75
@cheveningfco
@ukforeignoffice
@ngbritish
#KaAnambraChawapu
#village
#anniversary @ Transcorp Hilton Abuja
big ups hope to be awarded the order of the Niger also someday
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by ChaseVibes(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
Okay
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by PHIPEX(m): 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
I love the quality of people contesting the next Governorship election in Anambra. Enough of the era of career politicians.

14 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Perfecttouchade: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Great
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
lonelydora:
Na from dustbin God dey uplift person.

u pray to fall4pit before been pulled up?
Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by abdulskulboy(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
Creative people always come from poor background...
Like if you think you can be successful as adenuga one day

22 Likes

Re: Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" by bjgurl(f): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2020
I believe in process n' progress, I am getting there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React / How Much Does It Cost To Register A Company With CAC? / Zenith Bank Shuts Down Some Branches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.