Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga (6139 Views)

Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport / PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by debosky(m): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
Okah was offered $100m, but only $20m was traced to Dokpesi but with NO CONNECTION to Okah?  cheesy

Intelligence reports indeed.

Oddly enough there were no such connections when bombings in Warri took place. How come nothing came out of those investigations?

I like the creativity you show. . . .try writing mystery novels instead. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by violent(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2010

The funniest bit here is Beaf - when we get confirmation from other sources, he will start backtracking like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk

like kobojunkie will say ROTFLMFAO
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Xfactoria: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You posted links that do not, in anyway, verify any of the claims you made earlier, and you think I am the one to be spoon fed here? Come on!!!

Where are your "several" sources? Where are they? Provide links so we can all see for ourselves. The very articles you posted tell you that the SSS is no longer holding Dokpesi, and IBB has not been connected to date, but you somehow want us to believe they have just cause you say so?

Wait a minute, ,  just like I didn't believe this SR story, you also have the right to chose what to believe.

You seem to think everything should be available on-line for scrutiny but unfortunately the FOI bill has not been passed by your brothers in the NA. I am privileged to know a few guys in the intelligence agency handling this investigation and that is what they confirmed differently to me. Take it or leave it.

@ debosky:

The British intelligence report has details of the wires but only a few guys in the intelligence agencies have access to it. The wires had been known and the whistle had been blown before the bombing occured. GEJ spoke from an informed position when he stated that it was not MEND. He knew exactly what he was talking about.

Make no mistake, I do not number among "GEJ for President" advocates. I only detest the criminal ideas of this Okah guy and his brothers. Okah is a businessman and the ceasefire ensured by the amnesty programme would kill his markets for sale of arms. He was never fighting for anyone. Have you read Asari Dokubo's accounts of his dealings with Okah? I will find the link and send it to you. That guy is capable of any falsehood. He is that intelligent.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
X-factoria:

Wait a minute, , just like I didn't believe this SR story, you also have the right to chose what to believe.

You seem to think everything should be available on-line for scrutiny but unfortunately the FOI bill has not been passed by your brothers in the NA. I am privileged to know a few guys in the intelligence agency handling this investigation and that is what they confirmed differently to me. Take it or leave it.
No need to twist this into what it is not – All the articles are written in ENGLISH. The problem here is not about believing what is contained in any of the articles but you making connections that are not even contained in the articles you presented highlight the claims you have made so far.

None of the articles points to a connection existing between IBB or Dokpesi and Henry Okah.

None of the articles support your claim that Dokspesi wired money to Henry Okah.

None of the articles support your claim that Goodluck knew beforehand of any such connection. Even the one article from PointBlank offers very vague information on what was really transmitted by British intelligence in all this.

So, please go back and do your own homework – where are the links to substantiate your claims? You might want to actually read the contents this time around.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by debosky(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
X-factoria:

@ debosky:

The British intelligence report has details of the wires but only a few guys in the intelligence agencies have access to it. The wires had been known and the whistle had been blown before the bombing occured. GEJ spoke from an informed position when he stated that it was not MEND. He knew exactly what he was talking about.

While there might have been intelligence reports warning about the bomb plot, I doubt the financial aspect of it. GEJ DID NOT know what he was talking about  - if he did, MEND through JG would not have confirmed the attack. Beyond the frantic attempts to rope in Dokpesi and IBB, there has been no evidence to discount the fact that MEND carried out the bombings - from the warnings they gave to the claiming of the attack afterwards.

Make no mistake, I do not number among "GEJ for President" advocates. I only detest the criminal ideas of this Okah guy and his brothers. Okah is a businessman and the ceasefire ensured by the amnesty programme would kill his markets for sale of arms. He was never fighting for anyone. Have you read Asari Dokubo's accounts of his dealings with Okah? I will find the link and send it to you. That guy is capable of any falsehood. He is that intelligent.

I am not saying Okah was/wasn't involved, neither am I claiming he is a saint or freedom fighter. The issue is, GEJ has been too quick to focus on a predetermined cause - Northern Elements, instead of allowing investigations to go ahead. This smacks of desperation and an attempt to use an unfortunate event to rope in your political enemies.

I believe we will find out more as Okah's trial in SA progresses.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Xfactoria: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
debosky:

While there might have been intelligence reports warning about the bomb plot, I doubt the financial aspect of it. GEJ DID NOT know what he was talking about  - if he did, MEND through JG would not have confirmed the attack. Beyond the frantic attempts to rope in Dokpesi and IBB, there has been no evidence to discount the fact that MEND carried out the bombings - from the warnings they gave to the claiming of the attack afterwards.

Guy, the financial aspect was part of the report from day one. Then, you seem to forget also that we are talking criminally minded folks. Anybody can claim to be MEND. Anybody can open an e-mail account with the name JG. I mean even you can do that. Its beans. The masterminds' claim that they are MEND is diversionary. Do you honestly think this is connected with the Niger Delta struggle? C'mmon!

[/quote]
I am not saying Okah was/wasn't involved, neither am I claiming he is a saint or freedom fighter. The issue is, GEJ has been too quick to focus on a predetermined cause - Northern Elements, instead of allowing investigations to go ahead. This smacks of desperation and an attempt to use an unfortunate event to rope in your political enemies.[quote]

It is no desperation IMO but naivety and lack of diplomatic sense. The guy's lack of exposure at that level clearly sold him out.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Xfactoria: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

No need to twist this into what it is not – All the articles are written in ENGLISH. The problem here is not about believing what is contained in any of the articles but you making connections that are not even contained in the articles you presented highlight the claims you have made so far.

None of the articles points to a connection existing between IBB or Dokpesi and Henry Okah.

None of the articles support your claim that Dokspesi wired money to Henry Okah.

None of the articles support your claim that Goodluck knew beforehand of any such connection. Even the one article from PointBlank offers very vague information on what was really transmitted by British intelligence in all this.

So, please go back and do your own homework – where are the links to substantiate your claims? You might want to actually read the contents this time around.

Ok, I get it now. I mean I now know what your problem is. You are damn too academic. This is no hypothesis and I am not set out to prove a theorem.

The article in pointblanknews mentioned the British Intelligence report and the financial stuffs. That report says some Nigerians wired funds to Okah (and that GEJ knew all these facts) and my addition was that these Nigerians are Dokpesi and IBB based on my own findings which you are not obliged to swallow. Period!!!!

If you still want links, then wait for Wikileaks lol!
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
X-factoria:

Ok, I get it now. I mean I now know what your problem is. You are damn too academic. This is no hypothesis and I am not set out to prove a theorem.

The article in pointblanknews mentioned the British Intelligence report and the financial stuffs. T[b]hat report says some Nigerians wired funds to Okah (and that GEJ knew all these facts) and my addition was that these Nigerians are Dokpesi and IBB based on my own findings which you are not obliged to swallow.[/b] Period!!!

Yet you started all this trying to prove I was wrong for positing that all you offered up as retort to the content of the SaharaReporters report have been nothing but conjectures and false claims? Sigh!

Yes, seeing things as they are is only for the ACADEMIC folks!
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
X-factoria:

Guy, the financial aspect was part of the report from day one. Then, you seem to forget also that we are talking criminally minded folks. Anybody can claim to be MEND. Anybody can open an e-mail account with the name JG. I mean even you can do that. Its beans.

So why should we believe this attack is not MEND, especially after they bombed the Warri meeting a few months earlier? Suddenly you’ve realised an email address can easily be created? So why weren’t all the previous claims by MEND challenged?

Besides, you have not seen the alleged intelligence report, so don’t be too quick to swear by it.

The only reason this one was challenged was because the president is now from the Delta and needs to show that he is in control of the militants through the amnesty program. Any other appearance and he will be termed weak.

The masterminds' claim that they are MEND is diversionary. Do you honestly think this is connected with the Niger Delta struggle? C'mmon!

There is no evidence of this - all I can see is GEJ pre-empting an investigation to say it is NOT MEND. That is a clear sign that GEJ is trying to ‘work to the answer’ - i.e. that it is an IBB scheme.

Nearly three months after, no masterminds have been arrested, and we should still believe this story?

It is no desperation IMO but naivety and lack of diplomatic sense. The guy's lack of exposure at that level clearly sold him out.

It is desperation - there is NO evidence indicating MEND wasn’t behind the attacks - there was a precedent set in Warri showing MEND carries out bomb attacks. All this debate about money going to Okah is completely unproven.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Xfactoria: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^ Maybe we need to revisit the definition of MEND. MEND from what we know was the umbrella body for all the different groups involved in the Niger Delta struggle. Asari Dokubo, Boyloaf, Government Tompolo etc all previously subscribed to MEND in the thick of the struggle but have now embraced amnesty. Some groups, in particular, those loyal to Okah did not believe in the amnesty programme because they weren't genuinely fighting for better life for Niger Deltans but were trading arms for profit.

Now a good number of these guys mentioned above came out to say that that umbrella body had seize to exist because government has shown seriousness in addressing the eels they were protesting. They have now accepted amnesty. MEND was officially dissolved. So it becomes criminal for anybody to still use MEND as a liberation fighting group.

My submission is still correct. Anybody, in particular those that had pretended to be part of the struggle before can pose as MEND even though they know it is now criminal to use that organization. As far as government is concerned, MEND is dead and anyone brandishing that name to conceal their criminalities are enemies of the state.

I guess it is clearer to you now.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
some folks wouldnt cease to amaze me. you think atiku has become stronger and more respected in the norther circle than ibb that would warrant him wining the concensus candidature of the north.

they (the ciroma gang ) know that he (IBB) has goofed by involving himself in those dirty games without covering his tracks well hence the need to have atiku carry their flag rather than have ibb drag them to the mud.

wake up folks,okah is from a family of criminals (find out) and has criminality runing in his veins so also is dokpesi and ibb
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by yinka85: 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Debosky
''The funniest bit here is Beaf - when we get confirmation from other sources, he will start backtracking like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk''

I really dey laugh.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2010
aguiyi:

some folks wouldnt cease to amaze me. you think atiku has become stronger and more respected in the norther circle than ibb that would warrant him wining the concensus candidature of the north.

they (the ciroma gang ) know that he (IBB) has goofed by involving himself in those dirty games without covering his tracks well hence the need to have atiku carry their flag rather than have ibb drag them to the mud.

wake up folks,okah is from a family of criminals (find out) and has criminality runing in his veins so also is dokpesi and ibb

I see you, like so many in Nigeria, are operating on hate there plus please do not confuse your delusions with FACTS. Fact is there are still no connections such as the one you have openly made above.

And it would do you good to wait until you can provide support for your claims before you spew them in  the manner that you have above. That way, you will not be seen as another loonie casualty of the Nigerian tribal war that goes on each day in the minds of millions of Nigerians out there, and even here on Nairaland.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Beaf: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
yinka85:

@Debosky
''The funniest bit here is Beaf - when we get confirmation from other sources, he will start backtracking like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk''

I really dey laugh.

You will continue laughing, but at yourself.
I cannot fathom how thinking folk can believe that Sahara Reporters obtained a secret report from SA. It is just absolutely ridiculous, but we've seen Nairalanders stoop to lower lows before, so no biggies.

Sweeten your laughter with this bit of artistry from Sahara Reporters. No fear! Its right up your street from the "believable" press: grin

Sahara Reporters is best known for fake news these days. embarassed

[size=14pt]The fake pic below too is courtesy Sahara Reporters[/size]. Shame. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

I de laf oooooooooo!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by appletango: 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

I cannot fathom how thinking folk can believe that Sahara Reporters obtained a secret report from SA. It is just absolutely ridiculous, but we've seen Nairalanders stoop to lower lows before, so no biggies.

this report is being used by the defense team for henry okah and has been made available to all parties in this case. all will become public in due course but by then i'm sure you will have finally disappeared to wherever it is you came from.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Beaf: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2010
appletango:

this report is being used by the defense team for henry okah and has been made available to all parties in this case. all will become public in due course but by then i'm sure you will have finally disappeared to wherever it is you came from.

Now this is another fish sellers tale! You want to convince me that Okah's defense team are so naive that they would attempt to prejudice and destroy their own position before their day in court?
Abeg, Okah has lawyers defending him, not shoemakers and rewires.

Daft.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by appletango: 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Now this is another fish sellers tale! You want to convince me that Okah's defense team are so naive that they would attempt to prejudice and destroy their own position before their day in court?
Abeg, Okah has lawyers defending him, not shoemakers and rewires.

Daft.

well at least you now admit that these documents do exist. whether you want to hear about it from SR or in a SA court is just a matter of timing.

the truth will out.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Xfactoria: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

Sweeten your laughter with this bit of artistry from Sahara Reporters. No fear! Its right up your street from the "believable" press: grin

I de laf oooooooooo!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

This picture is really fake!!! Good one Beaf. I have also been having doubts about SR these days. They only publish headlines that portray GEJ in bad light. Never anything good about that guy on SR, never! Those guys have been paid and they are only doing what they are paid to do but we know better. Whatever happens to credibility and responsible journalism.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
X-factoria:

This picture is really fake!!! Good one Beaf. I have also been having doubts about SR these days. They only publish headlines that portray GEJ in bad light. Never anything good about that guy on SR, never! Those guys have been paid and they are only doing what they are paid to do but we know better. Whatever happens to credibility and responsible journalism.

So, because the paper does not,according to you, print anything good of GEJ, means the paper has no credibility ? Again, dude, you are the very same who has made it your place to post false/unverifiable claims, to this point, on any issue that is not only well known, but also easily researchable online. You are better off providing information that counters what Sahara Reporters has on this than telling us the paper is not credible just because you FEEL it is not.  cheesy

Now before you go back to the upside down thinking, may I state now that I am not infact saying SaharaReporters is right on this story. No, but at the same time I am not saying SaharaReporters is wrong either. Henry Okah, from the beginning had said that he was contacted by presidential aides and he did keep records of the calls and text messages. He also stated from the beginning that he was told by one of the aides(don't know how many) that the plan was to blame the North for this one. This is back when you friend there coined the phrase ABOKI MEND, and went as far as to blame ABOKI MEND for the bombings.

If you have a VERIFIABLE story that says SaharaReporters version is wrong, Or story that supports any of the claims you have made so far, then produce them.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by BetaThings: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
This country has issues. We don't believe SR, but believe pointblank news. What is the difference between them? And I have seen people who believe pointblank news query the credibility of The Punch. Goebbels must be happy!
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by chosen04(f): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
I have always said it that HENRY OKAH will walk free at the end of the day because JEG just wanted to use him as a scapegoat. . . . . . .

I took a Pip into the future and can tell!
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Donmeca(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2010

The document shows that after the bombs went off, Uranta sent a text message to Okah, saying, "Please get JG to withdraw claim," ["JG" being the shortened form of "Jomo Gbomo", the mysterious but widely-known email name used in MEND releases] but Okah responded by text, saying , "Don't even think about that".

Mr. Uranta responded with another text message to Mr. Okah, saying the critical words, "Govt will blame bombing on Northern elements."
That was the last text message before Mr. Uranta joined a delegation of Niger Delta delegates which “commiserated” with Jonathan over the bombings.  Meanwhile, as Jonathan possibly thought the deal to blame the blast on "Northern elements" had sailed through with Mr. Okah, he announced publicly that MEND was not responsible for the bombing even as the MEND had already claimed responsibility.

hmmm. . . the SA police must have done a very bad job since;
As was exclusively reported by SaharaReporters, Mr. Okah's house was ransacked by the South African police the day before the Abuja bombings, and his phones and laptops—as well as those of his children—confiscated. The search had been initiated by the Nigerian government, having been tipped off by Western security agents about the impending blast.  MEND had also issued press releases announcing its intentions prior to the blast.

How the heck did he communicate with Uranta, if his phones and those of his family members (including lines) plus laptop were confiscated a day b4 d blast?. . .and there was a blast eventually. . . may be I'm missing sumtin
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by anonimi: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by anonimi: 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2010
Donmeca:

hmmm. . . the SA police must have done a very bad job since;
How the heck did he communicate with Uranta, if his phones and those of his family members (including lines) plus laptop were confiscated a day b4 d blast?. . .and there was a blast eventually. . . may be I'm missing sumtin

my dear 9ja brother, you are not missing anything.
someone is obviously spinning us a tale- is it SR or are they not verifying their stories before publication?
and YES, they know think we are docile, mumus and magas who cannot analyse things to verify if they make sense.
the big question is: for how long will we (150m of us) remain mumus and magas
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Donmeca(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2010
anonimi:

my dear 9ja brother, you are not missing anything.
someone is obviously spinning us a tale- is it SR or are they not verifying their stories before publication?
and YES, they know think we are docile, mumus and magas who cannot analyse things to verify if they make sense.
the big question is: for how long will we (150m of us) remain mumus and magas

Honestly, I'm shocked at the kind of outburst I read here. . .people always swallow things without asking questions.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by debosky(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
Beaf:

How could you fathom it? You can only believe phantom stories that support GEJ.

Why can't they receive a report? Are the holders of the information not human?

I'll be waiting for your moonwalk when we get corroboration. grin

The elements of the story are very plausible and corroborate what we've heard from Okah himself, that GEJ's agents have tried to contact him to get MEND to retract. All that has been added on are phone numbers, text messages and more details of the happenings in the South African legal system.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by xterra2(m): 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=14pt] you people are missing the most important questions about the bomb blasts which are :

1.) The Government knew about the planned bombing days before it occur, and a day before it did we read a report here on Nl about searching of Okah's house

2.) Goodluck said that it wasnt MEND and he knew the people behind the Attacks then why didnt he say the 'people' behind the attack?
He should have said it is not MEND, i know the people tat did it and they are ________,________ and __________

[/size]
I
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2010
An account of the role played by aides to Goodluck Jonathan in trying to convince Heny Okah to dump the blame for the Independence Day bomb blast in Abuja on “Northern elements” are emerging, just as Mr. Okah's lawyers received the news of a January 4, 2011 date to appeal his denial of bail application which has enabled his continued detention in South Africa. Last month, he was denied bail by a South African magistrate after the judge said "The accused was untruthful and he lied to the court" .

Saharareporters has obtained a confidential report which might a major role in the trial that details calls made to Okah by several key Jonathan aides the night after the bomb blasts, at a time MEND was claiming responsibility for them. Those named in the secret report include Jonathan's former ADC, Moses Jituboh, a police officer whose current designation is “Personal Security Officer to the president;" the Minister for the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe; and Tony Uranta, the same Jonathan operative who was recently named in the $50,000 bribery of the Save Nigeria Group (SNG).

The secret document shows that four calls were traced to Mr. Orubebe, and several calls as well as a key text message were traced to Mr. Uranta, who used telephone numbers: +2348075407801 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +2348075407801 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, +2347084961205 and +2348069280206 to communicate as he acted as an intermediary between Mr. Okah and President Jonathan up to the night after the Abuja bombing in October.

The document shows that after the bombs went off, Uranta sent a text message to Okah, saying, "Please get JG to withdraw claim," ["JG" being the shortened form of "Jomo Gbomo", the mysterious but widely-known email name used in MEND releases] but Okah responded by text, saying , "Don't even think about that".

Mr. Uranta responded with another text message to Mr. Okah, saying the critical words, "Govt will blame bombing on Northern elements."
That was the last text message before Mr. Uranta joined a delegation of Niger Delta delegates which “commiserated” with Jonathan over the bombings. Meanwhile, as Jonathan possibly thought the deal to blame the blast on "Northern elements" had sailed through with Mr. Okah, he announced publicly that MEND was not responsible for the bombing even as the MEND had already claimed responsibility.

As was exclusively reported by SaharaReporters, Mr. Okah's house was ransacked by the South African police the day before the Abuja bombings, and his phones and laptops—as well as those of his children—confiscated. The search had been initiated by the Nigerian government, having been tipped off by Western security agents about the impending blast. MEND had also issued press releases announcing its intentions prior to the blast.

The confidential document revealed that Jonathan called his South African counterpart, President Jacob Zuma of South Africa to have Okah arrested to "prevent" the deadly blast. In turn, Zuma directly asked South African prosecutor, Shawn Abrahams, to get a Magistrate to issue a search warrant and an arrest warrant for Okah's arrest.

Two South African Magistrates, Nonhle Jadezweni and PJ du Plessis, were contacted to issue the search warrant and warrant of arrest. Both initially refused to comply, for lack of sufficient information or disclosure of course of action, but Mr. Du Plessis was told by the prosecutor that it would be in the interest of the Nigeria-South African bilateral relationship.

As Du Plessis was contemplating the next course of action, Mr. Abrahams put a man whom he said was President Zuma on the phone to tell the judge how important it was to issue an arrest warrant for Okah. The prosecutor then went ahead to produce an Interpol "Red Notice" which was issued in 2007 on Okah.

On the part of Magistrate Jadezweni, a search warrant was issued to the effect that Okah was a violent criminal with stockpiles of arms in his Johannesburg mansion. A search into Okah house did [not] yield any arms.

Dumisa Ntsebeza SC has now joined Okah's defense team and will be with him at the South Gauteng High Court in Johanessburg in two weeks to try and secure his bail. Okah's legal team is requesting the magistrate records as a way of proving that his arrest and detention was orchestrated politically because of his refusal to be used by Jonathan to endorse his candidature as president in the upcoming 2011 general elections.

If Okah's trial proceeds as planned, revelations from his team will ultimately reveal the extent of the Nigerian government’s involvement with Okah at the highest levels. The involvement of President Zuma and the Johannesburg Magistrate, Heine Louw, were attributed to pressures on South African business interests in Nigeria. Mr. Louw is due for promotion to the South Africa High Court system.

Meanwhile, MEND sources said they are planning series of attacks that would cripple Nigerian oil production between now and January 2011. Chevron has already suspended production due to recent pipeline sabotage. A MEND source told SaharaReporters that their sabotage campaign would affect as much as 500,000 barrels per day.

MEND's threats follow the disappearance of four militants from Port Harcourt prison a few days ago. Our source said they fear that Tamuno Tonye Kuna, known as "Commander Obese", who recently surrendered to the Joint Military Task Force, may have been killed by JTF operatives along with the four missing militants.

“Commander Obese” was reportedly lured out of the creeks by Farrah Dagogo with his fighters and made to turn over some hostages.

Said a MEND source to SaharaReporters, "President Jonathan promised Obese N500 million and a second Amnesty, but they arrested him as soon as he surrendered his forces."

Does this really add up--- Okah's phones and that of his family members was seized a day before the blast and he was contacted by the GEJ's aide a day after the blast----how ?, through which phone , the seized one ?---- Sahara Reporters shouldn't think we'd be this gullible na, haba,
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by yinka85: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2010
@BEAFFY,

I just dey laugh.And I will continue to laugh whether or not you chose to call issues what they are.

You have already defined yourself in my last challenge to you concerning your silence on a thread where sneaky Dora sticked it in the face of your beloved GEJ,thereby once again exposing the sham called PDP and her thuggish sympathizers like you.

Just continue to choose and cherry pick your news sources in line with what you like them to write or not,and I will continue to laugh on your cynicism.
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Beaf: 12:34am On Dec 23, 2010
yinka85:

@BEAFFY,

I just dey laugh.And I will continue to laugh whether or not you chose to call issues what they are.

You have already defined yourself in my last challenge to you concerning your silence on a thread where sneaky Dora sticked it in the face of your beloved GEJ,thereby once again exposing the sham called PDP and her thuggish sympathizers like you.

Just continue to choose and cherry pick your news sources in line with what you like them to write or not,and I will continue to laugh on your cynicism.

Wonders! grin

You are truly sick. So you think I have the time to read all threads, especially the type that excite meat seller types? Na wa!
Get a life and challenge other customers of iya akara, I'm too far above you mentally. cool
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by Beaf: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2010
babasoty:

Does this really add up--- Okah's phones and that of his family members was seized a day before the blast and he was contacted by the GEJ's aide a day after the blast----how ?, through which phone , the seized one ?---- Sahara Reporters shouldn't think we'd be this gullible na, haba,

shocked shocked shocked shocked
. . .But Debosky says the story adds up! He argues that it is highly plausible! He maintains that Okah is some sort of holy man from whom "corroboration" is expected like the trumpet of the lord, he is waiting to "hear from Okah himself."

This life, will always spring surprises! grin grin grin

@Debosky
Abeg, entertain ya sef wit dis artwork jare! Okah will soon "corroborate" it. Olodo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2
Re: Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga by BetaThings: 1:46am On Dec 23, 2010
Nigerian budget at work. Hourly rate to Nigerian Goebbels just jacked up! Now financing spamming with images

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ APC Does Not Want You To See This But Its Too Late!!! / Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.