Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria (385 Views)

‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour / I Was Diagnosed With ‘Aggressive’ Breast Cancer– Diezani Denies Being On The Run / Oshiomhole: I Would Have Sued Doctors That Wrongly Diagnosed My Wife, Clara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria by APCHaram: 11:33am On Mar 09, 2020
A new case of Coronavirus has been confirmed in Nigeria by health authorities.

The latest victim is one of the persons, who had contact with the Italian that imported the virus into Nigeria on February 24.

Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, disclosed the latest information on Monday, according to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control.

NCDC in a post on Twitter said, “This second case is a contact of the index case in Ogun State.

“The new case has been in isolation and was tested as part of our strategy to test all contacts of the index case.”

The bolded should tell you how infectious this virus is.

The second diagnosis is from some one who had a brief contact with the first index case on Feb 24.

It is now 2weeks since then and the person is showing symptoms.

How many has this second diagnosis infected.

Re: The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria by helinues: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2020
Hope this is not another fake news
Re: The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria by APCHaram: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2020
helinues:
Hope this is not another fake news

When it infects you, we will call it fake news
Re: The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria by helinues: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2020
APCHaram:

When it infects you, we will call it fake news

You mean you have the virus already?
Re: The Plague Rises: Second Case Of COVID-19 Diagnosed In Nigeria by Mynd44: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2020

(1)

Nigeria's Revered Emir Of Kano Dethroned / Ezeife To Oshiomhole: Resign Now, You Have Damaged Apc’s Soul / [BREAKING] COVID-19: Nigerian Govt To Ban Inter-state Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.