Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (97968 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mvem(m): 4:00am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

So going to Sudan for part of an education makes one a militant? Please talk like someone that has passed through an academic institution.

Provide evidence or proof Sanusi took part in a religious riot or any riot in the past. Pictures, news reports, anything.

https://www.informationng.com/2019/05/emir-sanusi-being-troubled-by-spirit-of-igbo-trader-beheaded-in-kano-in-the-90s-ffk.html/amp

https://www.nairaland.com/862777/sanusi-lamido-should-charged-murder

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/1995-beheading-of-akaluka-group-to-drag-sanusi-to-national-conference/

He was complicit to the beheading of an igbo boy in the 90s in Kano that lead to a religious riot
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by henleytafoya21: 4:01am On Mar 10, 2020
Oh well

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mvem(m): 4:01am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

Why are we going round in circles. I said provide any proof that Sanusi was initially a fundamentalist
I have....History doesn't forget. Abacha would have thrown him to Jail but he was coming from a Royal family and the case was closed....this is a known fact but people hardly talk about it today.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 4:11am On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:

https://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/02/lamido-sanusi-fingered-in-beheading-of.html?m=1

I will not waste my time pointing out the absurdities in the report itself. I will only point out the absurdity of Pointblanknews.com, an online news media that is less than 5 years old, being the source of events that happen in 1995.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 4:14am On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:
I have....History doesn't forget. Abacha would have thrown him to Jail but he was coming from a Royal family and the case was closed....this is a known fact but people hardly talk about it today.
Where have you?
How did you know this fact? I hope not from the Pointblanknews.com source you linked. Did you read the link at all?

It looks like something Reno Omokri would have written sitting in a bar.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 4:37am On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:

https://www.informationng.com/2019/05/emir-sanusi-being-troubled-by-spirit-of-igbo-trader-beheaded-in-kano-in-the-90s-ffk.html/amp

https://www.nairaland.com/862777/sanusi-lamido-should-charged-murder

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/1995-beheading-of-akaluka-group-to-drag-sanusi-to-national-conference/

He was complicit to the beheading of an igbo boy in the 90s in Kano that lead to a religious riot
Why list three links when they are all gotten from the same source - Pointblanknews.com, an online publication started in 2016.

Here are some absurdities in the report.
• Sanusi, and eight others were arrested and locked up for the crime, on the
orders of the then Head of State, General Sani Abacha.
Who are the 8 others? Don't they have names?

Pointblanknews.com recalled that, Sanusi, an alleged Boko Haram
sympathizer, and proponent of the controversial Islamic Bank, played a
role in the murder of Akaluka

Sanusi is a Boko Haram sympathisers, but the same Boko haram vow to attack the same Sanusi -
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173429-boko-haram-leader-shekau-releases-new-video-vows-attack-emir-sanusi-kano.html

Islamic banking was introduced by Prof Charles Soludo.

It was further learnt that after his release from prison, Sanusi was
handed over to Mutallab who pushed him into banking because he(Sanusi) had
a degree in Economics from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU).
Sanusi started his banking career at Icon in 1985 - a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust and Barings Bank, so Mutallab did not push Sanusi into banking.

As I said the story is so disjointed, it's a poor work of fiction.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by SirBunky85(m): 4:43am On Mar 10, 2020
Davash222:

I’m yet to decipher this, for real.
nothing to decipher here,obj is nothing but a rabble rouser,sanusi has deposed and it's wat it is.his hands ain't clean either so we shud stop all dese conspiracy nonsense of"God wants to take him higher".he has bn part of the establishment dat has bn enjoying public money evn as a former emir,he was living large with public money and cared less to cut on his extravagant lifestyle but will pretending to care abt the less privileged of the north.sanusi is just a hypocrite simple
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by SirBunky85(m): 4:45am On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:

Sanusi is not a person that keeps quiet when people are doing something wrong get that you should be ashamed to mention GEJ
and Wat right has he done to remedy the situation?wasn't he also part of the elite establishment who has bn feeding fat from the public purse ?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by eagleu: 4:46am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

GEJ looked the other way when our treasury was being looted by Diezani, Stella Oduah, Dasuki, and lots of others.

Wrong 100%!
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by SirBunky85(m): 4:46am On Mar 10, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
Obasanjo and 'notice me'. Buhari has his antidote.
well said
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by eagleu: 4:50am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

Why list three links when they are all gotten from the same source - Pointblanknews.com, an online publication started in 2016.

Here are some absurdities in the report.

Who are the 8 others? Don't they have names?

Sanusi is a Boko Haram sympathisers, but the same Boko haram vow to attack the same Sanusi -
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173429-boko-haram-leader-shekau-releases-new-video-vows-attack-emir-sanusi-kano.html

Islamic banking was introduced by Prof Charles Soludo.

Sanusi started his banking career at Icon in 1985 - a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust and Barings Bank, so Mutallab did not push Sanusi into banking.

As I said the story is so disjointed, it's a poor work of fiction.

All these turenchi?
When is Sanusi going to answer for killing Gideon Akalaka
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by subzero212(m): 5:00am On Mar 10, 2020
ojun50:
“Please accept, Your Royal Highness, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

I fear who no fear baba

I fear who no fear baba iyabo because that person must be the oldest evil of this land
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Bizibi(m): 5:09am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

But your heroine said it was $10.8 billion that was unaccounted for.
from 20b to 10b,clap for yourself....I know the next one you will bring was the one sanusi changed the figure to 30b dollars.i don't forget easily.....
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Gmama49(f): 5:09am On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:
If only you know that Sanusi was a religious bigot in his early days...you guyz sef
The keyword being "his early days". People grow and so does their beliefs and perceptions.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Hunter34: 5:15am On Mar 10, 2020
immhotep:

Yeah but GEJ did not go about dethroning emirs
so Sanusi should have kept mute when everything was going wrong with GEJ?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by adedayoa2(f): 5:16am On Mar 10, 2020
immhotep:

sometimes i wonder if Nigeria will be great again, so Sanusi should keep quiet whenever he sees something wrong?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Positivepoint(m): 5:18am On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=Davash222 post=87306333]
I’m yet to decipher this, for real. [/quote

The bad thing here was that he was removed from the throne when the north needed him the most. Remember his mission was to always say the truth to both the leaders and masses of the north to change path before it's too late for the current path will only lead to further destruction of the north and it's people. He championed girl child education, family and marriage affairs with his popular opinion which is firmly based on Islam that says If u don't have the means don't get married or father a child that will be other people's burden. Almajiri issue plaguing the north, poverty, education, corruption and that both leader and lead to fear Allah.

The Good part is that he is relieved from the burden of leadership for he has passed the message and left the rest in the Hands of his creature. For every human will only account for him self before the Lord except for a leader who shoulders the responsibility of his people.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by saintneo(m): 5:28am On Mar 10, 2020
APCHaram:

Bad: Because he was unjustly removed.

Good: Because he paid the price of the curse placed on his grand father by an Igala King not with his life but the throne.

Obasanjo nah demon himself.

Funny how Obasanjo addresses him as former Emir

grin grin grin grin

What cause? Elaborate please.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by GerogeI(m): 5:39am On Mar 10, 2020
Hallibutton1234:
Those this mean the queen of England can be removed? Or it only happen in Nigeria? Those it mean the oba of Benin, Oyo or Ife can be removed? Am confuse here.

Queen of England cannot be removed because the British Government is a constitutional Monarchy, which she heads. She is like the President of Britain by force, no election. Every other person works under her. The British Prime Minister actually Deputizes the Queen in principle, but runs the Government in actuality. To make Britain a true democracy, the queen carefully absents herself from running the government, so she is just a figure head enjoying living off the people's tax.

This is like a compromise between people who wanted true democracy and those enjoying the privilege of Monarchy and Aristocrats in the wake of the French revolution that saw the Monarchs in France deposed by the people. That's why France has an elected president running the government, not a minister.

In the case of Nigeria. By Almalgamation all the Monarchs were already deposed by the British colonial Master's, they where just being used as purpets to control their lands. Oba of Benin was defeated by Britain and a his land taken under British Powers. The same applies to the Emirs in the North and the small monarchs in the west. They were all conquered by either military powers or trade deals. In the East, the British had issues, no one figure head to conquer or buy the land from. Having learnt how convenient it was to control the native population by leaving a monarch as a sitting duck, they recreated warrant chiefs as monarchs in the East.

At the creation of Nigeria as an independent country, our learned fore Father's knew the history so left all these Monarchs out if Government. They should not exist, it's that simple.
1. There are too many for the British model
2 You can't be running Democracy and Monarchy at same time.
3. They are bound to brew ethnic tensions over supremacy

So they were erased from all Nigerian Constitution. However, like the British, the Go overnors learnt how useful the monarchs can be in galvanizing people, and in recent times rigging elections. So they invented a seemingly geniune but illegal role for them by starting a tradition of giving them appointment letters. And starting council be of traditional rulers, and departments of Chieftaincy affairs.

In the real sense, a Governor cannot pass his sweeping executive ruling authority to any other person. So who exactly these traditional rulers are ruling is a legal question.

If you notice all the traditional rulers create an atmosphere of pomp and wealth to influence citizens, because they know they have no real powers. And secondly, the huge percentage of their followers are illitrates who have no clue. In their communities they thrive by intimidation of individuals, and create wealth from sales of communal lands.

The politicians turn a blind eye on this because they are very useful during elections. But when push comes to shove as in the case Sanusi, you realise they can be sacked by an elected Governor by the withdrawal of the useless appointment letter given to them. They are just like one of the Governor's special assistants. The later at least has a defined role. Like Special Assistant in Commedy in Imo State under Okorocha.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 10, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin Why am I happy? grin
Because you are naive to reality.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by ejimatic: 5:45am On Mar 10, 2020
Babtech001:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeleMomodu/status/1237096830233698309
. Is their any difference between Obasanjo and power driven Kano state government? Why was Wagabara removed as the senate president? Why was Charles Osuji removed as the education minister? Were they properly investigated before he masterminded their removal ? Politicians are the same and are after protection of their interest.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:
Sanusi will have the last laugh.

As his grandfather had abi?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 10, 2020
Sirjamo:
This old man will not stop writing useless letters.

And bihari has never written even one useful letter .
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by deavicky(m): 5:56am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

It's you that is smiling on behalf of Jonathan. President jonathan and his people have moved on ages ago. It's people from the east that are still crying a whole 6 years after losing an election.

The most absurd thing is that it is still you people that are "chooking" your mouth into an issue that does not concern you. The political struggles of the Kano emirate council has nothing, and I mean nothing to do with the south east, but you people carry the matter more than kano state indigenes themselves.
mind u I'm not from the East, west or sou6, I only stay in PH.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 10, 2020
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Zombie ohh zombie!

You have time to reply that fool. It's always better to ignore fools.

I am not a fan of Obasanjo but cattle herder can never match his achievement till eternity. Did you notice how the fool deviated from the point and start talking nonsense. Will Obasanjo play politics forever? I hope the fool is enjoying bihari government.
Just show me an APC supporter and I will show you a mentally deranged fellow.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:05am On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:

Money was missing
No money was missing. Till now have you heard anything about it ?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by TheMostComplex1: 6:09am On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:

Sanusi is not a person that keeps quiet when people are doing something wrong get that you should be ashamed to mention GEJ

Yet the righteous Saunsi was busy using the money meant to better the life of the poor to maintain his life style
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by TheMostComplex1: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=Positivepoint post=87311834][/quote]

And he will also account for all the monies he wasted that could have impacted positively on the lives of Almajiris
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by bluecircle470: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
immhotep:

Babies talk

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) / Chadian Soldiers Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity - Daily Post / Peter Obi And Atiku Abubakar React To APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.