Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (97991 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by muykem: 6:23am On Mar 10, 2020
Davash222:

I’m yet to decipher this, for real.
it means I am with you and ready to render any assistance
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2020
deavicky:
mind u I'm not from the East, west or sou6, I only stay in PH.
Are you from Kano? If not you have no business with kano emirship tussles.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by enemyofprogress: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2020
I am not in any way surprised. I am only surprised it took this long for him to be dethroned. SLS Sanusi is too reckless for any exalted position.

As d GMD of Firstbank, he would come late to meetings and start harassing married women, pressing their boobs openly.

As a Director, he was audited twice and was found wanting. When caught d 2nd time, d fool almost implicated my friend, Funso Tooki, saying that he's also culpable.

Sanusi will just call Funso and say "Funso, do you know that my tall girl friend wt big butt, Rukaya. Pls raise a memo and give her #200k. Oh, I forgot, pls give Bintu, my dark complexion girl friend in UBA #500k and #600k to Aisha my 3rd wife, etc.

Unknown to the idiot, Funso used to record all his phone calls and unwritten requests since he could not question hiss authority as Oga patapata. Of cos Funso too capitalised on some of d lapses, but SLS was just too reckless. You know u can't query your Oga nao, not an ED.

He was almost sacked twice but had to dobale. He did same thing as d CBN Gov. He, SLS would make his Corper girl friend who has no experience a Snr. Mgr. He slept with many married women. There was this celebrated case of one of his girl friends, a CBN staff, on d internet (pls Google it). You needed to see the exchange of banters bw d two love birds, how both were describing their male and female genitals and their dexterity at sexuality. The woman even mentioned that SLS likes going in from d back like our own (Bamofin)

It is only SLS that will dine with his boss, GEJ in d day and go to d public to accuse him of having stolen $20bn in d night. A case of a thief calling another a barawo.
Good radiance to bad nonsense. His first wife is a classmate of my wife. SLS started poking her when they were in form 2. The woman is tired of him. He receives calls off girl friends ok n her presence and will even out it on speaker. He will just say, "This girls won't kill me. I am that good at it". He is no respecter of women unlike (Tackler) who is very discrete. In 2013, he attended an IMF Award ceremony wt 3 wives and about 10 children wt CBN money, kilode.

He is just like Sowore, he does not do what he preaches. He would av been ousted long ago save for d intervention of Dangote and d VP, Oshinbajo. The govt if Kano should follow up by prosecuting him.

*From a former FBN staff in OGS '83 set*

Copied

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Mar 10, 2020
immhotep:

Yeah but GEJ did not go about dethroning emirs

Your brain is paining you. Was Sanusi an Emir when he exposed corruption under Jonathan? He was CBN governor and Jonathan REMOVED him. So, what is the difference?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 6:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
No money was missing. Till now have you heard anything about it ?
The excuse for the missing money was that it was used to subsidized kerosene at N50 for over 3 years, which no single Nigerian bought at less than N100 during thar time, and to which Yar'adua had already passed a circular to discontinue kerosene subsidy.

They just pocketed the billions of dollars.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:58am On Mar 10, 2020
senatordave1:

Funny? Are you OK? We are talking Nigeria,you are talking un and au? Buhari till his last days will influence nigerian politics,obj is still struggling to influence meaningless letters
Last I checked Nigeria is a member of the global community. Or how do you think Buhari is able to access loans to run his govt? I still tell you that after 2023, Buhari is slipping into oblivion. He has shown no political sagacity to outlast that office he occupies. You just watch. He's going to be another shagari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by MT: 6:59am On Mar 10, 2020
What the letter means is:

1. His dethronement was bad because it should not have happened. There was no reason to.

2. It was good because when history would be mentioning those that pay the price for truth in Nigeria, his name would always be mentioned.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Realtalk20: 7:00am On Mar 10, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Where is Justice

We have suddenly found ourselves in the land of absurdities

Where fornicators and adulterers gather to judge a virgin.

Where thieves and criminals execute judgement

Where the unlearned bear rule over the learned

Spits.

Only in a place cled Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Olatara(f): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2020
immhotep:

Yeah but GEJ did not go about dethroning emirs
Is GEJ the state Governor. What are you saying? And who are those people that liked your post.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by drey076(m): 7:12am On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:

Sanusi is not a person that keeps quiet when people are doing something wrong get that you should be ashamed to mention GEJ
thank you oo, I have been seeing this nonsense since yesterday, I will consider Sanusi ahead of any politician we currently have in South West as president
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Bizibi:
from 20b to 10b,clap for yourself....I know the next one you will bring was the one sanusi changed the figure to 30b dollars.i don't forget easily.....
Because Sanusi or I was the accountant of NNPC or the minister of finance to know how much was unaccounted for. Even a multinational auditing firm KPMG spent several months looking into the account (which NNPC refused to provide full details of) to try and balance the accounts.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by stickle(m): 7:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by fergie001: 7:18am On Mar 10, 2020
Blainz:

Ask your father and your ipod siblings wey carry GEJ matter for head like gala...

Anything GEJ una wan die put...who is more igbo btw GEJ and Emefiele?
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Davash222:

Surely majority of our guys have ever seen anything close to official letters.

That is a common phrase in virtually every official communications in black and white.

Obasanjo didn't invent it.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Bizibi(m): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

Because Sanusi or I was the accountant of NNPC or the minister of finance to know how much was unaccounted for. Even a multinational auditing firm KPMG spent several months looking into the account (which NNPC refused to provide full details of) to try and balance the accounts.
you forgot when they kept asking him he was giving conflicting figures, even this present administration didn't bother to investigate it because they knew it was false to steal and move billions of dollars every month because that was what he said. Look I remember everything....
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by MartinsD12(m): 7:23am On Mar 10, 2020
Babtech001:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeleMomodu/status/1237096830233698309
On the other hand this could be political motivated or it is judging from the fact that Sanusi has been speaking some raw truth about this government particularly the kano state government, 2023 the bigger picture.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by MSesan: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2020
Game of throne and dethroned of kano
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2020
Bizibi:
you forgot when they kept asking him he was giving conflicting figures, even this present administration didn't bother to investigate it because they knew it was false to steal and move billions of dollars every month because that was what he said. Look I remember everything....
He kept giving conflicting figures because he was not the accountant of NNPC nor the Finance minister. Even the finance minister was giving conflicting figures. At the end of the day, NNPC said the spent the money on kerosene subsidy and operational costs. Even at that the account was not completely balanced as written in the KPMG audit report.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Bizibi(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

He kept giving conflicting figures because he was not the accountant of NNPC nor the Finance minister. Even the finance minister was giving conflicting figures. At the end of the day, NNPC said the spent the money on kerosene subsidy and operational costs. Even at that the account was not completely balanced as written in the KPMG audit report.
and billions of dollars was moved every month,infact does that make sense to you..... even some foreign journalists were skeptical then..... buhari didn't even bother to instruct efcc to check the books.even if there was stealing,it won't be 7b, 10b or 20b.
Do you Know what 20b dollars is?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by eclecticbaron: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Can you share that story please ? What happened between the Igala king and Sanusi's grandfather ?

Thanks as you share.

THE CURSE OF The AGABA IDU MUST BE CLEANSED.

In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano was dethroned. In 1950s, He had plotted the dethronement of the then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being.

Ameh Oboni knew that by the Igala tradition, the implication of his dethronement was that none of his descendants would ever be allowed to be crowned Atta after him. So he accepted to remove his crown and bow.

But the moment he removed his crown, a swam of bees rushed out of his head and chased the chiefs out of their chamber. That ended the plot for that day.

Oboni then walked up to Emir Sanusi and told him that, for attempting to remove him from office, he Sanusi would lose his throne and that any of his descendants that ever ascended the throne would be dethroned.

So In April 1963, as Mohammed Sanusi was chauffeured from Kaduna to his palace in Kano after a council meeting, he heard on the car radio of his own dethronement by the Government of Northern Nigeria.

Today about 57 years after, Emir Mohammed Sanusi’s grand son Emir Lamido Sanusi II has been dethroned.

~Ọfọelue Zulu.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by emeraldlife: 7:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Soon Una go hear say sanusi come out for president... Everything for this country dey happen for a reason. Wich one be say u have paid the price... BaBa ooo
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:02am On Mar 10, 2020
eclecticbaron:

In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano was dethroned. In 1950s, He had plotted the dethronement of the then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being.

Ameh Oboni knew that by the Igala tradition, the implication of his dethronement was that none of his descendants would ever be allowed to be crowned Atta after him. So he accepted to remove his crown and bow.

But the moment he removed his crown, a swam of bees rushed out of his head and chased the chiefs out of their chamber. That ended the plot for that day.

Oboni then walked up to Emir Sanusi and told him that, for attempting to remove him from office, he Sanusi would lose his throne and that any of his descendants that ever ascended the throne would be dethroned.

So In April 1963, as Mohammed Sanusi was chauffeured from Kaduna to his palace in Kano after a council meeting, he heard on the car radio of his own dethronement by the Government of Northern Nigeria.

Today about 57 years after, Emir Mohammed Sanusi’s grand son Emir Lamido Sanusi II has been dethroned.

~Ọfọelue Zulu.

Wow ! I truly appreciate this bro,many thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2020
eclecticbaron:

~Ọfọelue Zulu.

Hmmm,this is so deep !

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by gloryfidedesign(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2020
Baba message tight ooo it look like we have a presidential candidate in a making
If you know you know.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mvem(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

I will not waste my time pointing out the absurdities in the report itself. I will only point out the absurdity of Pointblanknews.com, an online news media that is less than 5 years old, being the source of events that happen in 1995.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/24/the-noose-around-emir-sanusi/

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/emir-sanusi-a-hounded-saint-with-a-dark-past.238962/

https://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/02/lamido-sanusi-fingered-in-beheading-of.html?m=1

https://www.economist.com › comm...
The emir of Kano - The Economist

A lot of sources
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mvem(m): 8:20am On Mar 10, 2020
wirinet:

Why list three links when they are all gotten from the same source - Pointblanknews.com, an online publication started in 2016.

Here are some absurdities in the report.

Who are the 8 others? Don't they have names?

Sanusi is a Boko Haram sympathisers, but the same Boko haram vow to attack the same Sanusi -
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173429-boko-haram-leader-shekau-releases-new-video-vows-attack-emir-sanusi-kano.html

Islamic banking was introduced by Prof Charles Soludo.

Sanusi started his banking career at Icon in 1985 - a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust and Barings Bank, so Mutallab did not push Sanusi into banking.

As I said the story is so disjointed, it's a poor work of fiction.
His posturing has changed. He projects himself as a liberal and progressive muslim which bokoharam will obviously speak against....but it does not erase his past
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by streetsoldier1(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2020
Davash222:

He has paid the price to be eligible for 2023, the while thing go be like film.
They will start on the path of sympathy for him. He is being prepared for presidency, meanwhile his dethronement will be in court, so when he loses the slot for presidency he will win his case for post of emir through court after Gandollar's term
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by perpeling22(f): 8:43am On Mar 10, 2020
eclecticbaron:

In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano was dethroned. In 1950s, He had plotted the dethronement of the then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being. u

~Ọfọelue Zulu.

Thanks for this history. The power of tongue.
Be careful about what you do today cos it might haunt your generation tomorrow
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by GODZY007(m): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2020
So cryptic, can’t really decipher what Baba is saying
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Anombajnr: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2020
This will go down the history books, that Emir Sanusi sacrificed his throne for the truth he stood for..
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by alizma: 9:09am On Mar 10, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:
Can someone interprete Babas cryptic message ? I never old reach to understand o!
Sanusi seems to be preparing for 2023. Read Baba's letter again

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) / Chadian Soldiers Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity - Daily Post / Peter Obi And Atiku Abubakar React To APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.