Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (97993 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:27am On Mar 10, 2020
alizma:

Sanusi seems to be preparing for 2023. Read Baba's letter again

That makes a lot of sense. But may we never see such an affliction. Sanusi is not a man to entrust power to.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by GeorgeTheCoder: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2020
ojun50:
“Please accept, Your Royal Highness, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

I fear who no fear baba

The man has swallowed the oracle and is himself now an Oracle
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mizlovette(f): 9:45am On Mar 10, 2020
See taunting
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Joshmuch: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2020
President my yansh. That also mean Sowore will become president na.That one suffer beating + humiliation
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by wirinet(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2020
mvem:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/24/the-noose-around-emir-sanusi/

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/emir-sanusi-a-hounded-saint-with-a-dark-past.238962/

https://www.cknnigeria.com/2014/02/lamido-sanusi-fingered-in-beheading-of.html?m=1

https://www.economist.com › comm...
The emir of Kano - The Economist

A lot of sources

Lots of sources? Maybe we should be saying lots of laughs.

This is the source? A thisday article by Godwin Etakibuebe written in 2017

SLS, until l met him, remained an enigma in excellence and controversy. Apart from the controversy that roped his name into the brutal beheading of an Igbo trader, Gideon Akaluka, in Kano on 15th of August, 1995, his ascendancy to the governorship of the CBN on 3rd of June, 2009, brought enough applause which buried the negativity about his background in the ugly 1995 killing in Kano. Even at the CBN, he remained whom he had always been – audaciously outspoken and ferociously defending those things he believed in.
The second link an unknown writers opinion in Nigerianbulletin.com written in 2017?

The 3rd link - cknnigeria.com states pointblanknews.com as it's source, and online news site started in 2016.

I did not see anything in your economist.com link related to Sanusi or the Akaluka myth.

All the stories were written by those bitter at Sanusi for accusing the Jonathan administration of stealing NNPC money. They are ready to throw up any accusation, no matter how absurd to demonize sanusi.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mamajaz(f): 10:59am On Mar 10, 2020
ojun50:
“Please accept, Your Royal Highness, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

I fear who no fear baba

I tell you. Till now, those englishes still dey confuse Wole Soyinka
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Iluvmycontr3: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
[quote author=GeorgeTheCoder post=87306292]Can someone interprete Babas cryptic message ? I never old reach to understand o![/quo

LoL..

Awon agba la gba. Baba ni baba n'je. That's baba 4 all.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by dozzybreezy(m): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
"It is good because you have paid the price"

If I understood, will I quote it out?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by toygod2: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
grin
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
APCHaram:

Bad: Because he was unjustly removed.

Good: Because he paid the price of the curse placed on his grand father by an Igala King not with his life but the throne.

Obasanjo nah demon himself.

Funny how Obasanjo addresses him as former Emir

grin grin grin grin

For real ??
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by pinkstonmarti79: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
Okayoo
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by ogbologbo1000(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
OBJ king of savages
Remember he said UNDERSERVED not undeserved. the "R" makes the difference.
Meaning he deserves more than what he is getting.
My love for OBJ has increase after seeing his congratulatory letter to sAnusi

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by tofolo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

Thanks.
"curse placed on his grand father by an Igala King" ?
In 1963 the Premier of Northern Nigeria, Sir Ahmadu Bello, dethroned Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (I). He was banished to Azare. It was personal, it was political.

In 1982 Governor Muhammad Abubakar Rimi returned the dethroned Emir to Wudil. He also created four new Emirates, the same ones that the Kano State House of Assembly has just created. Rimi did it to spite Sarki Ado Bayero. It was personal, it was political.

In 1983 Governor Sabo Bakin Zuwo reversed the creation of the four new Emirates. He did it to spite Abubakar Rimi. It was personal, it was political.

In 2014 Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso appointed Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Muhammadu Sanusi (ll)) to the throne of his grandfather. He did it to spite President Goodluck Jonathan who had suspended SLS as CBN Governor. It was personal, it was political. Bear in mind that Kwankwaso and SLS were at daggers drawn. SLS had openly criticised Kwankwaso's decision to spend N700m to build a liason office in Abuja; Kwankwaso had in turn asked UBA to sack SLS who was a GM with UBA. Never mind. In 2014 appointing SLS to the throne of his forefathers suited Kwankwaso.

Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) cannot on any account be called politically naive. He ought to have chosen his battles wisely. Amir Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) is a reformist ruler, his subjects need him desperately. Almajiranci/bara (street begging), girl-child education, abuse of polygamy, abuse of divorce, drug abuse are issues the Emir has placed on the front burner. His subjects need him desperately. By not balancing his actions and utterances with some circumspection he has allowed his sphere of influence to be whittled down by politicians who have no scruples. If he is dethroned it will be a massive let down. A brave and courageous General can only lead his troops to victory if he stays alive. Charging headlong into enemy lines is foolhardy, it will merely expose his troops his troops to needless danger and defeat.

That is where we are today. Sarki Muhammadu Sanusi (Il) has played into the hands of Ganduje and his House of unscrupulous Assembly members. The well being of the people means nothing to them. It's personal, it's political.

In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano plotted the dethronement of then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being.
Ameh Oboni knew that by the Igala tradition, the implication of his dethronement was that none of his descendants would ever be allowed to be crowned Atta after him. So he accepted to remove his crown and bow.
But the moment he removed his crown, a swam of bees rushed out of his head and chased the chiefs out of their chamber. That ended the plot for that day. Oboni then walked up to Emir Sanusi and told him that, for attempting to remove him from office, he Sanusi would lose his throne before he traveled from Kaduna back to Kano and that any of his descendants that ever ascended the throne would be dethroned.
That evening, as Mohammed Sanusi was chauffeured from Kaduna to his palace in Kano, he heard on the car radio of his own dethronement by the Government of Northern Nigeria.
Today about 57 years after, Emir Mohammed Sanusi’s grand son Emir Lamido Sanusi II has been dethroned.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Megaideas(f): 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
Obasanjo, is that man that important that you're writing him?
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by PropertyBuying(f): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2020
slimfit1:
Sanusi will have the last laugh.
Hope so! But I believe he must have learnt MANY Lessonsssssssss
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by slimfit1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
PropertyBuying:
Hope so! But I believe he must have learnt MANY Lessonsssssssss

Speak the truth whatever you do.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Bimpe29: 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Don't mind them jare, as if SLS was wrong to say the truth in the face of clueless admin.
slimfit1:

Sanusi is not a person that keeps quiet when people are doing something wrong get that you should be ashamed to mention GEJ
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Bimpe29: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
That's been his luck, when one door closes another one (better and bigger) open.
He will surely have a last laugh.
slimfit1:
Sanusi will have the last laugh.
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by gotnel: 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
mastermaestro:

He is complicit in this drama, unless you choose to be ignorant. Ganduje, a mere tool in the bigger picture.

Without the tactical support from Aso Rock, one thousand Ganduje can not dethroned an Emir as important as that of kano emirate.

So, Buhari or the impostor Kyari is in the know and we can even say the dethronement was hatched in the villa and the foot soldiers just carried out instructions from the masters.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by Realadey(m): 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
Never u mention me again and never you quote me okay.
You must be a novice to know the obvious!
mvem:
who told you northern people hate him or kano people hate him...who told you that
Re: Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad by mvem(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
Never u mention me again and never you quote me okay.
You must be a novice to know the obvious!
Kano people don't hate Sanusi.He is widely loved

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) / Chadian Soldiers Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity - Daily Post / Peter Obi And Atiku Abubakar React To APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.