Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is Data Science Worth Learning - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Data Science Worth Learning (4367 Views)

Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning / Does Web Development Worth Learning In Nigeria / Is Data Science Worth It In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Data Science Worth Learning by fortifiedng: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
codeigniter:
I[i] think coding is gone, it is too common, easy as in u could get a website to in minutes, there are no new idea think about something someone has done it before, u just have to know how to get the source, it is possible now to build a tech company without writing code[/i]

Data science is huge, and the name encompasses so many things, data analyst, product analyst, data engineers, most engineers etc, as the field progresses it is getting reserved for experts

I think I like the Ml part excluding deep learning which I think is just too difficult because of extreme maths,

I also think ml is very easy to automate, very we soon have ml as a service. At that point where anyone with data could use the service.

Especially that google killing start up, doing and investing in all emerging tech, as huge amounts of data, a lot of genius staffs, a lot google wannabe staffs, it really hard to do something on international scale.

What are ur thoughts? What can we could to capitalize on ml before it becomes a field for all like swe.

@The italised part. Point of utmost correction, coding ain't gone, coding will never go. It is here to stay. Forever.

Most of the tools you'd gonn' be using for the Data Science are written in codes.

You're limiting coding to just website development. It's way way way beyond that.

Be specific about the area in which coding is implemented, instead of generalizing.

It's just that the programming/coding industry is saturated

2 Likes

Re: Is Data Science Worth Learning by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
fortifiedng:

@The italised part. Point of utmost correction, coding ain't gone, coding will never go. It is here to stay. Forever.

Most of the tools you'd gonn' be using for the Data Science are writing in codes.

You're limiting coding to just website development. It's way way way beyond that.

Be specific about the area in which coding is implemented, instead of generalizing.

It's just that the programming/coding industry is saturated
Really shocked
Re: Is Data Science Worth Learning by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2023
hadelany:
I'm grateful I didn't make the wrong choice. A friend of mine introduced me to DS and i didn't delay by conducting research.

I came across ejiod post in my quest to know more about DS( I read more than half of his thread in the midnight. I completed it the same day).

Truth be told, I had wanted to study CS but found myself in Med lab.

Do I have any regret, I bet to say No.... Story for another day.

Currently, I'm taking a basic course in Python via edx (aside doing some other research work on YouTube and the rest).
If you're interested you can do that too.. Those guys are awesome.

I decided to settle for Python because it's more than fundamental to knowing DS, DA and many others (I will still learn R and some important programs too)

As much as I'm concerned, I'm taking the bull by its horn.
I'm thinking of doing same too. Abeg how have your journey been so far? Has it been worth it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Post All Your Java Programing Questions Here. / Datagridview Export To Excel Vb.net / My Rant...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.