Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities (20496 Views)

FIFA Ban Samson Siasia From Every Sport Activities For Life - SEE REASON / Scam Watch For All Sport Lover! ODDSPUNTER SCAM or LEGIT ? / Livescore Web Page That Display All Sport Scores In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by ogbiwa: 5:33am On Mar 10, 2020
All sport in Italy has been suspended until at least 3 April because of coronavirus, the country's prime minister Giuseppe Conte has announced.

This includes Serie A but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions.

Serie A - Italy's top flight - had already said all games would be played behind closed doors until 3 April.

Giuseppe Conte extended a series of strict quarantine measures, including a ban on public gatherings, to all of Italy.

Earlier, Italy's Olympic committee (CONI) recommended the move to suspend all sport at all levels after hosting a special meeting of sporting federations on Monday.

Italy has been the European country worst hit by coronavirus so far, with over 9,000 confirmed cases and more than 450 deaths.

"This situation has no precedent in history," a
CONI statement said.

The announcement from CONI came just after Sassuolo v Brescia kicked off in Serie A.

The game carried on and Sassuolo won 3-0.

It was also confirmed on Monday that Serie A side Roma's Europa League tie at Sevilla on Thursday will be played behind closed doors.

In rugby union, England's men's and women's Six Nations matches against Italy, which were scheduled to take place on 14 March and 15 March respectively, were postponed last week.

At the weekend, Italy's sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora accused Serie A of being "irresponsible" for ignoring his calls for football to be suspended because of the outbreak.

He said it made "no sense" for football to continue when, at that stage, up to 16 million people had been placed in quarantine in northern Italy in a bid to contain the spread of the virus - but the weekend's games all took place behind closed doors.

Parma's fixture against SPAL on Sunday kicked off 75 minutes late as they awaited a decision on whether the match would go ahead after Spadafora's comments.

There have been reports on Monday that the French sports ministry had decided matches in Ligue 1 - the country's top-flight football competition - should be played behind closed doors or in front of no more than 1,000 spectators as a measure to limit the spread of the virus.

Paris St-Germain's Champions League last-16 match against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday will be played without fans because of coronavirus.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/51808683

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by theoneJabulani(m): 5:56am On Mar 10, 2020
Is this the end of it all? EURO 2020 and the Olympics are also at risk. What next? EPL, UCL, La Liga? Everything we love is getting ripped away from us

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Witcher(f): 6:12am On Mar 10, 2020
Enough already quit this one here and one there junk tell us when a thousand or more get it in Nigeria then maybe it will be newsworthy till then shut up. Some are dying of flu and pneumonia especially the older people and the propaganda media would tell us that they die of Coronavirus, be careful in believing it.!!!
Soooo 3 out of 3,000,000+ .000001% of the population or less. Yikes..
So basically 3 people sitting at home on their couch, watching TV, eating chicken noodle soup, drinking 7UP and taking an aspirin here and there.
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by bayelsaowei(m): 6:12am On Mar 10, 2020
sad
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Astark: 6:12am On Mar 10, 2020
Don't use coranavirus saga to deny immobile as Seria best player

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Professorcplus(m): 6:13am On Mar 10, 2020
Corona Why. I was expecting them to also cancel international league. Fans be like

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Esteemval(f): 6:13am On Mar 10, 2020
Good morning everyone, please someone should subscribe for me, let me browse my course outline please, the lecturer didn't complete his lecture and exams is few days away. #1000 will go a long way, thanks and God bless you
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2020
this shit is getting more serious in italo.
our govt rily don try to curb dis virus sha

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by qanda: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Good decision
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:14am On Mar 10, 2020
Nigerian Premier League should follow
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by xcabczyxabczzzz: 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
logon599:
I expected them to have done this before now. Italy is one of the worst affected countries and it seems insensitive to continue playing while government is battling to contain the spread.
Meanwhile, in England they're trying to contain spread by banning prematch handshakes. Just smh. The players will have hands all over each other at the first cornerkick, then shake, hug and exchange soaked jerseys after the game. Thought they only make foolish laws in Africa
How can they exchange Jersey after the match?
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Thegamingorca(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
That's just sad

The number of Italians currently with the disease is the second highest in the world.

Lol I say a more virulent strain of whatever this virus is, is on the prowl killing italiams
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Ijaycool(f): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

How can they exchange Jersey after the match?

He is talking about football match... everyone knows they do that
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 10, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Nigerian Premier League should follow
maka why now
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by sotall(m): 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Na wa

Corona wants to scatter this world oo
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by morikee: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Too bad God airpus
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Covid 19 got to Italy without them knowing....

It festered a long time ago

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by shadelek(m): 6:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Like play like play, this virus is tearing countries apart.
God pls save Nigeria from this virus coz our leaders are confused set of individuals who hardly known what coronavirus is.
Some of them might even think it's a mere fever.

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by realstars: 6:17am On Mar 10, 2020
The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of a new era,
when we thought we have seen it all,as yet the unseen is the scach mark from God.
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by nastyesco(m): 6:18am On Mar 10, 2020
Italy is supposed to be develop and can look after itself. My own problem is with Iya Risika my neighbor, everytime she ll be harassing me with aroma from her soup, small sample she no go give boys sad

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Ayoswit(f): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Nawa o, this is serious o. Chai! wetin coronavirus no go see for Italy undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Imstrong2(m): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2020
This issues is trying to hold the world by it's balls angry
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by Alkidam(m): 6:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Good step in the right decision. health is wealth
Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Esteemval:
Good morning everyone, please someone should subscribe for me, let me browse my course outline please, the lecturer didn't complete his lecture and exams is few days away. #1000 will go a long way, thanks and God bless you
SMH for this country
It has never be well with Buhari and his zombie supporters...

Pity

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by 9jaWebSolution: 6:20am On Mar 10, 2020
What a wawuu shocked shocked shocked

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by ValCon888: 6:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Coronavirus is disrupting everything this year.
Formula One, Champions league, MotoGP, Olympics, and Euro 2020 amongst so many others.

Man proposes. Coronavirus disposes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by opsyswagger(m): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2020
Ask your boyfriend about the 1000 don’t come here and ask us about 1000 or don’t you have boyfriend
Esteemval:

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Italy Suspends Serie A And All Sport Activities by xcabczyxabczzzz: 6:21am On Mar 10, 2020
Ijaycool:

He is talking about football match... everyone knows they do that
Are they still doing that since the coronavirus came to town?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephanie Onusiriuka Ogechukwu Lacks Sponsorship To Represent Nigeria / Arsenal Fall Victim To Embarrassing Scam After Partnership With BYD Auto / Super Falcons Releases New Team Photos Ahead #AWCON2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.