Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:05 PM

Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? (1423 Views)

ALX/Udacity Data Analyst Scholarship / Best Data Science Video Tutorials From Udacity And Udemy / Udacity/google Africa Challenge Scholarship For Android And Web Development! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by shegzhkn: 7:06am On Mar 10, 2020
Hi folks, so there is this udacity course - Machine learning nanodegree.

it kinda pricey , cost about a thousand dollars and after the whole program you will need to solve a particular problem with the knowledge you gain , that the capstone project.

After of all that , you get a certificate with your name on it.

Udacity is founded by Sebastian - Once a top google engineer and stanford prof.

Now my question is , in a job market place is it the the real knowledge that matters cos some folks might learn ML through other medium, or the certificate might prove to be powerful alongside with my skill set?
Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by gargoylern: 7:18am On Mar 10, 2020
The Udacity certificate is good. But employers will be more curious about your portfolio. If you are able to use your Udacity capstone as a launch pad on which to begin creating other projects, you should be fine. Udacity is respected. Just make sure to put it on your LinkedIn profile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by shegzhkn: 8:00am On Mar 10, 2020
gargoylern:
The Udacity certificate is good. But employers will be more curious about your portfolio. If you are able to use your Udacity capstone as a launch pad on which to begin creating other projects, you should be fine. Udacity is respected. Just make sure to put it on your LinkedIn profile.

Ok, so without the cert. it ain't much a deal breaker right??
Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by gargoylern: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
shegzhkn:

Ok, so without the cert. it ain't much a deal breaker right??
Nope, it isn't. But the certificate could give you the motivation you need to push.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by jelel6: 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
I think an Udacity certificate will look good for anyone applying for an entry-level or junior position because it will give a potential employer some confidence that the person has truly undergone an acceptable level of training.

In addition, the employer has the opportunity to go through the respective coursework and evaluate for themselves the level of exposure the applicant has already.

If money isn't a deal breaker, you can very well go for it. However, at almost a thousand dollars, I'll find it hard to justify the eventual Return on Investment as opposed to using free resources available online or some other cheaper options available on udemy but with similar value still.

1 Like

Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by Guest911: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
shegzhkn:
Hi folks, so there is this udacity course - Machine learning nanodegree.

it kinda pricey , cost about a thousand dollars and after the whole program you will need to solve a particular problem with the knowledge you gain , that the capstone project.

After of all that , you get a certificate with your name on it.

Udacity is founded by Sebastian - Once a top google engineer and stanford prof.

Now my question is , in a job market place is it the the real knowledge that matters cos some folks might learn ML through other medium, or the certificate might prove to be powerful alongside with my skill set?
You don’t need udacity certificate, like you already said the most important factor is how much study and practice you’ve done. Your side projects or open source contributions is all that matters.

Unless you want to motivate yourself you can stake the thousand bucks

1 Like

Re: Is My Udacity Nanodegree Certificate Powerful? by shegzhkn: 3:44am On Mar 11, 2020
Guest911:

You don’t need udacity certificate, like you already said the most important factor is how much study and practice you’ve done. Your side projects or open source contributions is all that matters.

Unless you want to motivate yourself you can stake the thousand bucks

gracias boss

(1) (Reply)

Networking / Learning Programming / Pls Fellow Nairalander Where Can I Learn Web Design And Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.