Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) (43185 Views)

Vandalism Worsen Grid Collapse As Gas Shortage Slashes Power Supply / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Has Implemented, In Compliance With Judicial Financial Autonomy / Lagos Police Inspect Markets And Buses To Ensure Compliance With LASG Directives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by RenaissanceGuy: 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2020
Last month, NERC released a communique directing the distribution companies to start charging unmetred customers fixed amount of bill depending on the phase type they're in. For residential, they're to be charged ₦1,800, etc.
Last month, we were billed nearly ₦17,000,but surprisingly, this morning they brought a bill of just ₦3,656 (VAT inclusive). My neighbor received just ₦1,800 as against ₦8000 they used to receive.

This has to be one of the best news this year, because these guys have been committing daylight robbery on unmetred customers. They deliberately refuse to give you meter and then turn around to bill you crazily whether you only have a TV in your house or not.

Thumbs up to the present minister of power and NERC!
https://www.nairaland.com/5707221/nerc-bars-discos-billing-unmetered

aboyaji:
I once heard the news of the new policy for electricity distribution that states "No more estimation of bill".

Have yours been implemented?

I just got the shock of my life seeing the recent bill the Nepa gave us this morning.

From 19k, 20k, 21k to 4k. Everyone in my neighborhood is rejoicing at the moment. This is strange and must win the Guinness World Record.

Nigeria my country. grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by RenaissanceGuy: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
MODIFIED: The second post and picture above is not mine. The mod decided to combine another thread with similar topic with mine to avoid duplication of thread.
edoairwaays:

Wow hope BEDC does the same. By way you didn't cover your name on the posted paper
It's not mine. Click on that guy's name and you'll see it's another thread the mod brought it from.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Izanghi(m): 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ours was an increase o, january was #15667.87 to #19462.88 for February, a mini flat for that matter in Oshod iunder IKEDC the whole of last 9 days was totally blackout. I'll use all my options to tell NERC about this disobedient and fraud.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Emmanuelhector(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
undecided
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Anijay1212(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Na goodnews indeed.
God abeg give me money nah make i take put light for my house now wey electric bill don slump so.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by otokx(m): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
They are happy paying for darkness cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by sapientia(m): 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2020
BEDC travelled

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by lonelydora: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
Very good.

You can never see PhEDC do something like this.

2 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
Don't rejoice yet o, this na Greek gift from NEPA. Next month electricity bill will be 5 times as greater than this current bill. Abi no be NEPA again, those guys are Maradona.

December they gave me bill of N21k, I was excited as you, fast forward to January they gave almost 37k plus VAT

8 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by ursullalinda(f): 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Paying for darkness....... our light is gradually turning to darkness......from 18hrs light daily to 8hrs....since this week we are in six hours......I'm not just feeling this government in any sector @ all.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by DirtyGold: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Estimated billing... the cash cow of electricity distribution companies
Now that the proverbial cow has been strangled, expect more darkness cool

What's tha business?

14 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Luckyhubby55(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
This is wonderful
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by IMASTEX: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good. But still that isn't good enough as we pay for the power we didn't even see.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by don4real18(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hmm grin
Let me check my bill
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by helinues: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good one
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by DrChukki: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
I was surprised this morning when I was told my share for this month's bill is 130 naira... But last month I paid 1970 naira... Thank God oh

8 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Mistaicey2288: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Cool

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Realdeals(m): 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ikeja Electric are useless, power supply was erratic last month, yet they increase my bill by 20%.

9 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by xynerise: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
EKDC brought N2000 to me as against 15k last month. Ok, we are getting there. Though the 2k was for less than 5hours a day electricity.

5 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Godons1: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Buhari is working.

This is the reason why we Igbo's love Buhari. He is a blessing to us in the EAst. grin

God bless Mazi Buhari. grin

12 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by FuckThaMod: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
No wonder they are refusing to give us light like they use to..
How is your power supply now? Cos here it dropped by 90% in the past 2 weeks angry

18 Likes

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Jh0wsef(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nice.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good...

No wonder outage has been regular these days and abnormal.

God pass all of una.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
AEDC are the best
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by sammyj: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Na wash in Nigeria for how long will this last if I may ask shocked
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by israelmao(m): 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
It will still be paid back directly or indirectly in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by ikorodureporta: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Those NEPA officers always take us for fools that do not understand anything... They're likely gonna increase ours

They will bill us over 8k, & deliver only 2k to NERC

1 Like

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by hisgrace090: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
Nigeria is a country of scarmmers period!

What fashola cannot achieve during his time as power minister as Nigerians groan under his leadership.
Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by tommy589(m): 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
My bill from Ikeja DIsco is higher than last month.Just received their text message

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) by Olayinka777(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
So true! My last month's bill was #31,000 plus two days ago I was surprised & shocked at the same time to see #4,065 as my current bill. It is not going to be well with them they have been scamming us all these while.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Appointment Of Saratu Atta By Ghanaian President-Elect / Governors To Buhari: Sack Workers Aged 50yrs, Levy Anyone Earning Over N30,000 / Hajo Sani Is Special Assistant (Admin), Office Of The Wife Of The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.