Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids (1449 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown: 10 Ways To Beat Boredom / Five Ways To Teach Your Kids Table Manners / Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by IyaTola: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2020
AJMorgan™
@ajeromorgan
Hi Daddy,

10 ways to connect deeply with your kids

1. Trim their nails
2. Take them for a haircut
3. Tell bedtime stories
4. Help out with homework
5. Initiate conversations & laughter
6. Show them how to do it
7. Reinforce with words
9. Say “I love you”
10. Play, play & play

Did anyone notice that there was no #8 on this list? Can you suggest what it should be?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
Always believe in them

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Hotspotbro(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
For baba sikiru
1.extreme hitting (my experience)for trivial things
2.Drinking booze and stinky (also xperienced)
3.fighting your wife(my worst xperience)

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by jeff1607(m): 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
Reward good deeds

Get them involved with things you do as a parent

Discover and Exploit their strengths to it's length

Prove to them you trust them

Talk to them about things parents wouldn't concern themselves with

When reprimanding them remind them why you doing so , use exercises as punishment instead, either way it enhances their body. (Girls are doing squats, boys push ups till there is no strength in them anymore)

Allow them a sense of importance I the home by allowing them make little decisions in the home.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by IyaTola: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2020
Eyah sorry?
Hotspotbro:
For baba sikiru
1.extreme hitting (my experience)for trivial things
2.Drinking booze and stinky (also xperienced)
3.fighting your wife(my worst xperience)
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by imiski(m): 9:27am On Mar 11, 2020
IyaTola:
AJMorgan™
@ajeromorgan
Hi Daddy,

1. Trim their nails
3. Tell bedtime stories
7. Reinforce with words
9. Say “I love you”
10. Play, play & play

Did anyone notice that there was no #8 on this list? Can you suggest what it should be?

tell them some about yourself when you were about their age and some crazy things you did.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by momokiddies: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Have a time set aside for them and gist and gist. Tell them stories about your culture, your parents your growing up day. Just anything that will help them know you better. I do not know anything about my patents other than they are Nigerians. But I am building the connection with my kids

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by IyaTola: 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
cheesy
imiski:
tell them some about yourself when you were about their age and some crazy things you did.
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Good tips. My baby boy loves bedtime stories.
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2020
Cook with them
Workout with them
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by automaniac69: 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hi there, thanks for the nice advice. Normally kids hate visiting hairdressers but you can try to practice creative approach. For example you can choose the haircut together with a kid letting him or her know that their opinion matters. There is a good choice of flipped bang hairstyles here so let me know later if it works, ok?
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
IyaTola:
AJMorgan™
@ajeromorgan
Hi Daddy,

1. Trim their nails
3. Tell bedtime stories
7. Reinforce with words
9. Say “I love you”
10. Play, play & play

Take each one of them out on a lunch or dinner date once a week alternatively and tell them to confide in you what's going on in their lives.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Jakalanda: 3:30am On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Take each one of them out on a lunch or dinner date once a week alternatively and tell them to confide in you what's going on in their lives.
[/s]
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by Leezah(f): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2020
wink
Re: 10 Ways To Connect Deeply With Your Kids by IyaTola: 11:41am On May 15, 2022

(1) (Reply)

I'm Confused Please.. Advice Me / Househusband? How Does It Feel Like / Is It Possible To Love And Not Fight Your Mother-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.