Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. (33725 Views)

Shy Guy's Experience Of Lagos Nysc Camp... / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
mans here was an avid follower of Nonye's NYSC story on this forum..and finally got posted to do mine at the same place.

this Camp thing is stressful. just finished some part registration i.e bank, platoon number collection, kit collection, medical fitness certificate check (the guy in charge just dey bust everybody dey go. seems almost half the camp guys "runs" their medical fitness certificate)

we Are supposed to get ready for parade now, but I'm trying to skip that, can't even feel what's left of my legs after the "chancing, jump queue, fight for spaces on the chairs" that took place some half hour ago.

name's Trigga, and here's my camp experience.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
had to go for the parade when the soldiers started using us as target practice for blasts of their whistles.

had to put on the white on white. opted not to wear my cap, till i go downstairs and i heard "are you okay?.... why's your cap down there" from one of the soldiers pointing at my waist. sharply, mans had to put it on.

and that was my intro to the first parade of camp.

after the "parade...parade...tion" which kept coming out as "pray...pray..shun" from the Head Soldier in charge, we proceeded to marching or trying to March, Sha. Turns out, we were pretty bad at it, but not as bad as our reps.

about the reps, the Head Soldier asked those with "Boys brigade and girls brigade" experience (in his own words), to come out, some persons came out. funny thing then happened in my platoon. I'm in platoon 5 by the way. so when they asked for reps, only girls came out.

16 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
...5 girls came out. the other platoons were looking at us with surprise, like "shey these ones no get boys nii abii". a girl in the platoon then looked back and hissed, "nawa oo....what should we call you people now", she pointed at us.

"we are men. we don't do this", I tried cracking a joke. next thing, one babe with pink close cropped hair just sparked "which men?...nonsense men".

I looked back like "what the hell". she stared back at me, daring me to come back with a retort. I just smiled and turned back.

we finished the drills. basically back where we started which is the "these ones don't know how to March" level...which wasn't so bad considering the ones that claimed to know how to March making a mockery of themselves in front of the whole crowd.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
on the bed now. had to go to maami market to slimfit and iron my khaki and get some water. things are costly here oo. on GOD. everything's with 50# extra on it. and the day to day things like printing which is 200# colored outside is 500# here.

like a close friend said here, "them dey use us build house and fund company".

ridiculous payment i missed today thanks to a friend who recognized me from school. bless his soul was the 100# for document arrangement. haba. I go still pay 100# for document arrangement. something we I go reach the registration point, see the order of arrangement. I don Taya Sha.

dinner was yam. still can't wrap my head around how I'll survive the next 20 days, I don tire already.

P.S people wey dey toast Babe for camp dey try oo...with the kind stress and wahala. still dey get hard on?...I doff my Kòpa we hat for them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 3:02am On Mar 11, 2020
up already. couldn't sleep early enough and the moment it started hitting the right spot, one stupid car started blaring it's horns around 12:07am. that spoilt any chance of a good night's rest.

eventually stood up by 2:16 to go take my bath, now sitting on the bed, waiting for 4:30, watching as some of the others wake up groggily to go take their bath.

about my room, 15 bunks which equals 30 occupants, in a room made ideally for 16 people, just 2 students from UNILAG, the others are from schools like NSukka, Kwara poly majorly.

11 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by SMBH: 3:41am On Mar 11, 2020
Grabs a bowl of pop corn, coca cola and big wrap of igbo...
Listening attentively

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2020
I see you SMBH.

so just came back from morning drills. 4-7:30. we did the whole man o' war drills. marching.....gyration. the Muslims were excused to go to the mosque and the Christian did their praise and worship on the parade ground.

boys will always shoot their shots. lol. had this dude in front of me, was tryin to go behind me citing tiredness as his excuse...finally got his wish, and next thing baba started doing was trying to chyke the babe on the other column...platoon 4. baba Sha did his best sha. me didn't really follow up. tiredness don dey set in.

time to sleep, before we go for round 2.

18 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Anasmanga: 8:28am On Mar 11, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by SMBH: 8:30am On Mar 11, 2020
triggaSG:
I see you SMBH.

so just came back from morning drills. 4-7:30. we did the whole man o' war drills. marching.....gyration. the Muslims were excused to go to the mosque and the Christian did their praise and worship on the parade ground.

boys will always shoot their shots. lol. had this dude in front of me, was tryin to go behind me citing tiredness as his excuse...finally got his wish, and next thing baba started doing was trying to chyke the babe on the other column...platoon 4. baba Sha did his best sha. me didn't really follow up. tiredness don dey set in.

time to sleep, before we go for round 2.

Lol
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2020
triggaSG:
on the bed now. had to go to maami market to slimfit and iron my khaki and get some water. things are costly here oo. on GOD. everything's with 50# extra on it. and the day to day things like printing which is 200# colored outside is 500# here.

like a close friend said here, "them dey use us build house and fund company".

ridiculous payment i missed today thanks to a friend who recognized me from school. bless his soul was the 100# for document arrangement. haba. I go still pay 100# for document arrangement. something we I go reach the registration point, see the order of arrangement. I don Taya Sha.

dinner was yam. still can't wrap my head around how I'll survive the next 20 days, I don tire already.

P.S people wey dey toast Babe for camp dey try oo...with the kind stress and wahala. still dey get hard on?...I doff my Kòpa we hat for them.

heard mami market charge excess to slimfit khaki or was the price ok?

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by 0kinographix: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nice one, OP u fit dey supply us with pics abeg...

#stream II geng

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
general replies to the questions asked.

yes. the maami market na top notch extortionist market. a plastic drink of 100# outside goes for 150#. bottled water goes for 60#.

slim fitting goes for 500# for each piece of clothing...so that's 1k for both.

as to the pics. working on it. tonight. pictures will be uploaded here.

6 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
just finished the afternoon's parade. mans seeing double right now. we had to do reruns on our swearing-in rehearsals for tomorrow's main event. did so from 9 to 1:30.

will be back. before i collapse.

6 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by laurentium(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
This question might be off but ...How much did you pay to get lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Ibrixy: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
laurentium:
@triggaSG can you please answer this, I am an aspiring corp member too, i heard lagos will not even appear on list of states to choose from, IS THIS TRUE?
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
laurentium:

most people pay between 50k to 60k for direct posting.

well, as for me Sha. let's just say i didn't really pay for mine. but the price up there is correct. half the guys here "worked" their way here, so i know all bout it.

the koko is to use a good plug. plug with an excellent track record.

15 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
trying to upload pics. but it keeps logging me out. will find a way around it.

didn't really go for the evening parade. hid in my room with two other guys. now i know how illegal immigrants feel like. the fear was unreal. any sound, we kept still. bad thinbno easy to maintain.

tomorrow's the swearing-in. will make sure i fix the picture upload issue from this side. went to the mammy market yesterday for slim fitting of my khaki. didn't test it till later today only to find out it was too tight. omoh, mans had to run back and have it resized again. still haven't tested it. I'm working on faith..lol.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
this same issue on uploading pics. abeg. how's it done.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:07am On Mar 12, 2020
a brother's up already. dressed and ready to go for the morning wahala PT. see boys trying to race against time in their bid to meet up, before the "dedicated" Man o' War guys start blasting their whistles left and right. upandan.

7 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
phone's been charging at the market. probably the only "normal" priced thing there....50# for full charge.... to rent a power bank personally for the day costs 200#.... for the whole stay in camp is 3k. pretty fair in my opinion.

the last parade for the day's going on now. it takes a lot to stand under this sun and keep lifting your legs intermittently.

9 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
I was writing a gist before my phone died in the morning.

during the early morning workout. witnessed some form of "clearing" and forwarding between two girls. apparently, a girl was sitting down on a stump, stood up and another took her place immediately, as the former was protesting her ownership of the "seat". the other one raised her voice, telling her "to go find somewhere else. abi you carry seat come from your house". naso the first girl jèjèly went away ooo. felt bad for her tho. couldn't blame her for not trying to argue any further. the other girl's disposition wasn't one to mess with. (she be like those gangstars wey just wear Nysc white cause them no get choice).

rounded up the early morning workout, rehearsed for the swearing-in. which took place later. of course, Sanwo Olu wasn't really expected to come, so we did the whole charade for his stand-in. took to snapping pictures (still have issues with uploading them here. anybody help with that?)

and I've missed the camp meals thrice now. last night's and today's breakfast and lunch, simply because it's either beans (which i don't take except on weekends), Eba (i only take the ones made in my home. swallows generally sha), and porridge (don't really fancy that if it's not weekends also).

13 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lagos camp is a nice place to be. I've heard my guys in other states e.g IMO complain bout lack of toilet facilities and them taking their baths outside in the open area. shows the level of things there.

P.S almost forgot to add. some persons fainted on the parade ground today during the swearing-in. for the guys, i feel it's "scope" Sha....they trying to escape having to march and all..but we had quite a couple of girls. me I'm still planning the best time to do mine.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
something popped in my head now. I've got to respect the Band here. these guys are good. from playing tunes from Naira Marley to busting everybody's head by playing the G.O.T theme song.

and then finishing it off with Money Heist's "Bella chow" song that's so popular amongst the series lovers... all done with drums and trumpets. much respect to them.

22 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
night already. touching on camp food.

they served rice and fish tonight. got there 10 mins after they announced and mans met 2000 Spartans queuing for the food. mad ting, yeah..lol.

people just dey troop dey form line, girls and boys....wawu. moved fast tho, but that crowd...if na beans, e no go reach 500 people, sure die.

platoon 2 was on duty today. mans here is in platoon 5, our day's on Sunday. very painful, cause i wouldn't have to dodge much for the duties and i pray i get put in the Security division, I no fit dey sweep floor or dey pick beans for kitchen.

8 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by dollyj1996(m): 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
interesting
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2020
just finished taking the bread and tea served to us this morning. well, tea was manageable....bread...nobody should eat that and hope to have that in their stomach for the afternoon parade. you'll slump and faint.

still talking bout the food, last night's rice was termed "jollof rice and fried fish" on the menu. no idea who cooked it amongst the platoon 2 members but they apparently didn't get the memo cause what i ate was basically concoction rice and Fried fish.

here's hoping when Sunday comes, my platoon will do better than the others have done.

and officially, the competition has begun.

15 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Lovelypet28: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2020
Platoon 5, 5 alive!!

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Brunicekid(m): 12:16am On Mar 14, 2020
Nice one ooo!!!
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by HolyTitus(m): 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
Interesting memo bro
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by etcdgr8: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
Earn bitcoins for free by simply clicking adverts!
https://clicxads.com/register.aspx?u=3998
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
been a while. same things been happening. but something interesting occurred some hours back.

remember the whole "invalid" medical certificate i talked bout the other day?..well, it's coming back to bite us all in the ass now. apparently there's a penalty attached - 3 months extension. threw everybody into that stage of confusion that preludes the state of panic. so we were looking for how to fix it. naso i do another one for outside. them bring am come camp for me today. another wahala again. story for another time.

tonight's the welcome party for the corpers, but before that tho. we had sanitation. my room scored 22/40. e pain us gan..the highest was 31. the roommates weren't cooperative...they were busy doing the whole "person go do am Sha"...i had to start the cleaning before the room leader took it up. respect to him. doing it well.

so man's at the parade ground now. watching them as they do the party thingy.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

REVALIDATION ISSUE / Abosede Esther, A Prospective Corp Member From Osun Has Been Kidnapped In Abuja / Verification Of Details For Batch C 2014 Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.