Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. (33731 Views)

Shy Guy's Experience Of Lagos Nysc Camp... / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
Lovelypet28:
Platoon 5, 5 alive!!
inside life. na our slogan be that, bruh. respect fam.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Lisaint(m): 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
We are coming hopefully with stream 2

I really wish to serve in any of these south-south states (Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta,
and Rivers states)

How can I get any of this states
I schooled in the South--west ( AAUA in Ondo state)

Cause most of my friends that picked
Kwara
Ibadan
Ogun

Were stoned to the north

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lisaint:
We are coming hopefully with stream 2

I really wish to serve in any of these south-south states (Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta,
and Rivers states)

How can I get any of this states
I schooled in the South--west ( AAUA in Ondo state)

Cause most of my friends that picked
Kwara
Ibadan
Ogun

Were stoned to the north

if you aren't "working" your posting. then you have to take whatever it is you get.

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
been too long. we got released from camp today due to the Corona virus issues. should have seen the shouts of Glee and joy that greeted the announcement.

na wahala to enter camp. stress to stay for camp. stress to even commot the same camp.

will be giving a rundown of events that took place during the past few days.

4 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by DenreleDave(m): 6:38am On Mar 20, 2020
triggaSG:
2000 Spartans queuing for the food. mad ting, yeah..lol.

gringrin
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2020
Before we got released (another stress on its own).

remember that welcome.party? well, made a friend there. still trying to check where that would lead to.

the next day was Saturday. didn't look it at all. did the normal drills, was already looking like a copy of the other days till someone came to address us.

Man in Soldier uniform: do you know who I am?

corpers: (laughter. murmurs)

Man in Soldier uniform: so you don't know who I am.

corpers: (whispering discontent. tired)

Man in Soldier uniform: well, you people will know who I am. you don't want to learn. but you will. you have incurred the wrath of Amadioha

Corpers bursted into full blown laughter.

Man in Soldier uniform: it's funny, right? I am angry. Everybody, sit down.

we all say down. then he asks us to sit up. this is kinda like "sits up" but permanently in the up position. a tough position to be.

Man in Soldier uniform: you people will know I'm serious today.

3 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2020
Man in Soldier uniform: .....serious today.

corpers: (still murmuring)

Man in Soldier uniform: you people had a gathering last night. and due to the camp director's magnanimity....

corpers start hollering again...ehh.....appreciating his use of the word....

Man in Soldier uniform: you still think this is funny?....you want to act like recalcitrant...

corpers holler again....ehhhhhh.......

Man in Soldier uniform: I won't say anything anymore. we won't leave this parade ground till we start acting like adults. maybe by 10. it would be possible.

the idea of missing dinner seemed to calm most of us down. but not everyone. side talks were still going on.

Man in Soldier uniform: see, go and check section 217, I have the right to shoot anybody, so long as I deem them hostile to my well being.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by SaveMe4rmStaphy: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2020
triggaSG

message me on whassap

I buy at 462
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by SaveMe4rmStaphy: 6:33am On Jul 29, 2020
triggaSG:

if you aren't "working" your posting. then you have to take whatever it is you get.

Buying at 462

Instant pay
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2020
wow....been months now. time to resurrect this dead page.

I've got to say, this is the best service year ever. no work, getting paid both ways for doing nothing, too much time to contemplate what to do with one's life and still arriving at the "time still dey" conclusion.

service ends by FEB/MAR.

and in these Corona period, I confirmed some things i already knew bout myself:

1. I hate monotonous work

2. I hate entering the bus to work,

3. I don't like being in the car to work, the AC gets to me and i get car sick which never happens when I take the public transport.

4. I enjoy work when I'm in the mood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2020
I haven't seen my khaki in months now, just dumped it somewhere with the thought that I might never use it again till next February but seeing what's been happening for days now, seems I might need it sooner than i projected.

i still chuckle when i remember leaving my Whites and my rubber boots and my palm slips back at the camp, the abrupt end made me assume we might never return, so good riddance.

time to get my thoughts organized and restart from the soldier acting all Dictator on us.

5 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
so after Mr Soldier did his stuff ..we were allowed in back to the hostel after planting out butts on the bare ground for a while.

when it was lights out, the military and para military guys started raining each and every room, looking for anybody still up, the one that came to our room was even funnier than most.

PM: why are you people still talking, I say shut up, go and sleep

guys murmur a bit

PM: ona no dey hear word nii? ona make ogah vex and ona still dey do like this

guys murmur a bit, some press their phones

PM: you still dey press phone, oyah, drop am. haba, ona no won allow us rest, ona go sleep before us, but na we go wake before you people, ona dey suffer us but ona no wan compose. if I pass the side again and I see any sign say ona dey up, e go turn war oo.

PM turns and walks out briskly. boys didn't even waste time, some continued but majority went to sleep, had to get ready for tomorrow's wahala again.

6 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
fast forward...

the day we were told to go home cause of the Coronavirus. it wasn't a really nice day tho, already had plans with this babe to go to mammy market to see how many litres of alcohol we could both handle together. not beer tho. I had one coded plug for vodka, woman was do coded, nobody would guess she had it. only found out cause she saw me walking about with a different water bottle and she mouthed the name I understood. oh Lord, bless you iya Tayo.

so back to that day, everybody started rushing sha, PPA wahala, I didn't even bother, already dropped my request letter from a governmental (private) institution there. so I knew I was covered, only issue was "how would I get home".

I "gum" body with some guys in a Taxify to get home, and next thing was going to know the Secretariat, na there wahala start.

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
I've spent 20+ yrs of my life in Lagos, but I don't even know 0.01% of the state and I had to go to Surulere, I'm not one of the guys looking out from the window whilst in a car to memorize the route, I mean, what was the use?

had to get directions from a friend and the next thing was to start asking people on the road where NYSC Secretariat was, schooled in Unilag though so I had to use one format Sha.

Me: please, I'm going to Masha kilo

stranger: ohh, you take the bus from here (gesturing wildly) and if you don't see, private cars will take you

Me: thank you

after standing for 20mins and no bus/car. I walk up to the next person

Me: please, I don't know anywhere in Lagos. I schooled in Ilorin, do you know where Masha Kilo is

the person would then give me a specific place to stand at and listen carefully so I would pick up the voice of the guys calling the place, that was how I got to the Secretariat. through a private car.

getting to the Secretariat was a waste of time cause the required documents with m were somehow not complete, the institution I was doing my PPA at snipped a part of the posting letter, so I had to go home and start the journey all over and the next time I went again, Corona had happened fully and nobody could attend to me.
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
to the new corpers, it's better to have a posting letter down if you know you want to serve somewhere you fancy, going to camp and waiting for the letter to come meet you is something risky.

even with this Corona times, best places to serve are the governmental institutions, not the popular ones tho, well those ones are okayy too, but the ones that people don't even know and when they hear of them, they assume they are private, na those ones gan gan person go just dey work chilling work, no stress, plenty cheese.

6 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
the day I tried being serious for a minute by going to work, I didn't even last 1hr, just dumped it and started running back home.

monotony dulls a sharp mind which is a big negative when one wants to embark on a private institution path in the future, you become so comfortable with the "A B C's" of normal doings, it becomes difficult to strike out.

4 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by yean1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
We are following.

Thanks for the update
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
so today marks day 100+ that i haven't even thought of going to work, it's not cool. laziness is bad, very bad. what's worse is when the laziness is trapped in a mind that over thinks things, it's moments like this that i wish fellow corpers and prospective corpers know the end game of everything- plan for the future; the future might not necessarily be that 9-5 job retainment after service, but it's all about owning something for the next 5yrs to come. it's bad when you sit down and realise you've spent 120k within 2months just staying at home, doing nothing..with all expenses covered, yet 120k flies off like that. but that's a lesson for another day

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
now back to life in camp..........

after the whole grand soldier brouhaha, life went back to normal, we were preparing for the inter platoon games. I was already making a name for myself in the camp for being the hardass, always raising my voice at the players and for dodging the parades.

I was only concerned with the football tournament, one would think I was a UEFA B licence coach, spending hours trying to get my team to do just one sequence and when the training day came, we wouldn't spend more than a half hour on the said sequence, but it was all fun, hours or non hours of practice yieldes fruits a day to our match.

we discovered one of the best goalkeepers in Lagos. This guy was Neuer + Buffon + De Gea + Allison in one. Man could do everything and was commanding, it was then we knew we were going to go far, and we did, winning the first game 1-0...well, we did go as far as Corona allowed, cause it sent us home before we could play the next match.

6 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
All those stories of "mekweing" in camp were a hundred percent true, only bad luck one could get was getting a babe that was taking it slow. Then, one would be doing the "walk arounds", gist on the parade grounds, secondary school "love" parole whilst your mates are getting better things under the tents that abound in the camp.

The absolute worse things in that camp are the SAEDs lectures, oh Lord, never seen so many people fall asleep in one place. Resolved not to attend any one of them again after the first two.

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
Back to life outside camp........

Corona brought with it lots of goodies, staying home...getting free money, not doing anything, but it came with the bad too; money to piss away like it's nothing since it was coming in steadily, no hands on work approach (for the guys that love working).

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Idrismusty97(m): 4:54am On Aug 30, 2020
triggaSG I am a PCM slated for stream 2. I was even supposed to go with you guys and had my call-up number since March but for whatever reasons they pushed me and lots of my course mates to stream 2 angry. I will take that as a blessing sha because i can't stand not working and getting experience especially if it's something i like, Na the free money una dey chop every month dey vex me cheesy.

Anyway with everything getting back to normal soon i hope to serve in Lagos. The problem is the request letter of my preferred organization, I don't even know how to go about it or which organization (That pays) will hand me a request letter when i haven't worked with them. I don't want to worked Lagos only to be posted to one school to teach maths. Any advice or suggestions? Thank you

Also how did you solve the Invalid medical certificate of fitness thing?
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 6:20am On Aug 30, 2020
Idrismusty97:
triggaSG I am a PCM slated for stream 2. I was even supposed to go with you guys and had my call-up number since March but for whatever reasons they pushed me and lots of my course mates to stream 2 angry. I will take that as a blessing sha because i can't stand not working and getting experience especially if it's something i like, Na the free money una dey chop every month dey vex me cheesy.

Anyway with everything getting back to normal soon i hope to serve in Lagos. The problem is the request letter of my preferred organization, I don't even know how to go about it or which organization (That pays) will hand me a request letter when i haven't worked with them. I don't want to worked Lagos only to be posted to one school to teach maths. Any advice or suggestions? Thank you

Also how did you solve the Invalid medical certificate of fitness thing?

Working in Lagos, I made mention of it in earlier posts, before this whole "you people will resume; stream 2 get ready" stories started, you should have made enquiries on diff organizations, many organizations try not to accept "last gasp" corpers they know nothing about, so if you're in Lagos, just start Hawking yourself around, I'd suggest the government types though, those ones are more flexible than the private side, sell yourself aggressively to them, compile a list and start checking them off till you get one to accept you, if not, you might be a teacher, but don't fret though, schools aren't open so you'll just be chilling at home.

concerning the invalid medical fitness, that's another blessing the Corona has given us, practically every body has forgotten about it and since we aren't returning to camp anymore, it makes it easier to jump through any wahala that might crop up during the course of the service year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Idrismusty97(m): 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
triggaSG:

Working in Lagos, I made mention of it in earlier posts, before this whole "you people will resume; stream 2 get ready" stories started, you should have made enquiries on diff organizations, many organizations try not to accept "last gasp" corpers they know nothing about, so if you're in Lagos, just start Hawking yourself around, I'd suggest the government types though, those ones are more flexible than the private side, sell yourself aggressively to them, compile a list and start checking them off till you get one to accept you, if not, you might be a teacher, but don't fret though, schools aren't open so you'll just be chilling at home.

concerning the invalid medical fitness, that's another blessing the Corona has given us, practically every body has forgotten about it and since we aren't returning to camp anymore, it makes it easier to jump through any wahala that might crop up during the course of the service year.
Thanks for the insight.
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
so finally went for my documentation yesterday, didn't take long, was put in the "Charity" CDS group. lol.

hope these guys don't expect me to use my own money in performing "charity" or expecting me to pick a Broom and sweep the dredges of Makoko, lol, I'll rather pay for someone to do that for me.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
on the documentation, the woman glanced at the PPA in question and her first question was, "how?". I acted like I didn't understand the question till she asked again and started laughing when I shook my head and mumbled "i don't know ma, it's God". the other occupants of the room looked at us and she told them the PPA i was at and they started laughing too when i replied their answer with "it's just God mas".

a jovial woman, the LGI is, went against the image of "wicked woman" i was expecting.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by jericco1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
90% people posted to Lagos are based on concession grounds. But I go there because I registered within an hour when the portal was open. cool

2 Likes

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by doctorcovid29(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
How are u am Dr ayomide Godfrey am single medical doctor doing my PhD I stay in Ibadan. No child am 40 I need a serous relationship that can lead to marriage, tell me about ur self, occupation and location u can what's app me on +2348033196353
Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:54am On Sep 06, 2020
jericco1:
90% people posted to Lagos are based on concession grounds. But I go there because I registered within an hour when the portal was open. cool

good for you mate.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by triggaSG(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2020
another week bout to roll in and the most pressing things are seeing fellow Corp members fret about "are we going back to camp? they should let us know early na!"

I just stay laughing. e no go better for camp.

1 Like

Re: Experience In Iyana Ipaja. Lagos NYSC Temporary Camp. by Chidexthebest: 11:18am On Nov 08, 2020
Nice diary. But this poa stuff, I thought it's nysc or the government that assigns you to a place. Is it compulsory you look for a company or organisation of your choice?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abosede Esther, A Prospective Corp Member From Osun Has Been Kidnapped In Abuja / REVALIDATION ISSUE / Verification Of Details For Batch C 2014 Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.